Was the ring supposed to break?

Do you think in the brock vs big show match from smackdown a few years ago, when he suplexed him off the top rope, do you think the ring was supposed to break? I don't think it was because the ref didn't brace himself or anything. What do you think? I just thought i would post this, something to talk about.

Yeah I remeber Tazz yelled out holy shit or something when it happened, and commentators dont normally swear too often whilst commentating, and the ref seemed a little out of place when it happened....but who knows really, ill agree with you on this

Personally, I don't think it was...but there is a lot of speculation that says different. Take for example the nature in which the ring broke, it just didn't look 'right'.

Yeh theres different views really, but like I say if you look at similair events then the ref braces himself. Weird.

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a work. That must have been close to 750 pounds in the ring coming down with force and something like this is always a possibility. But then again, the WWE ring can hold tonnes of weight so I don't think it would be a possibility of happening. It was an awesome spot no doubt, so I think that it may have been a work.

i think big show did the super pley from the top rop a couple of more times after that, but i think it was a work.

if it wasn't a work i doubt they would do the super plex

I think if it was a work, then the crowds reaction was amazing. They should do it with khali but actually kill him. (sarcasm im not a cold blooded murderer lol)

I wouldn't be surprised if this wasn't a work. That must have been close to 750 pounds in the ring coming down with force and something like this is always a possibility. But then again, the WWE ring can hold tonnes of weight so I don't think it would be a possibility of happening. It was an awesome spot no doubt, so I think that it may have been a work.

really ur thinking of it as dead weight there is the add downward force and gravity its like ur comparing walking onto a scale is the same as jumping onto one

i remember that episode of smackdown it was crazy the ref braces himself but he got knocked out too

Me and my friends actually brought that up last weekend lol. But I don't think it was planned, just the way the ring imploded and it all happened, it couldnt've been a work. How can u set up the ring to implode when it happened at the very end of the show? That means several other matches took place before that big part. And it would take way too long to set the ring up during a commercial break to make that implode.

I'm certain it was a work by WWE, at one point Big Show moves the ring steps on the right side of the ring as you would have seen it on TV and then put them against the rails in front of the crowd thus giving room for the ring post to move. As for setting it up they could have used some sort of release system upon impact, which meant that it would have been possible to have matches before that one and still pull it off

Banes88 said:
How can u set up the ring to implode when it happened at the very end of the show? That means several other matches took place before that big part. And it would take way too long to set the ring up during a commercial break to make that implode.

At the Royal Rumble, the WWE Crew set the ring up before the show to implode, and it happened after all the matches, including the 30 man Royal Rumble. hjhj

too much weight coming down onto the ring estimated to be over 800+ pounds that ring had no chance

It was a work!!!

You are forgetting that the same ring is used for Royal Rumbles with 10+ wrestlers inside jumping, running, etc.

That ring is more than capable to handle 800 pounds and much much more.

maybe standing in the ring but not coming down onto it at once

it was definitely a work 2 sell the move a lot more than it should have been... Remember these 30 man battle royals??? Remember that 40 man battle royal? Obviously, the ring can hold WAY over 800 lbs.

maybe standing in the ring but not coming down onto it at once

Maybe 10 people, but when u'r talkin about 30-40 people in that ring, it's at least equivalent 2 800 lbs. falling on2 it at once

running around and jumping inside the ring couldnt have done anything but 800 pounds+ at once hitting the ring from that height it would have turned from 800 pounds to 1600 pounds of pressure/impact

The WWE ring will be more than able to take the weight of those 2 coming down at once if requred and would be set up like that with all the supports under the ring, the way the ring post "collapsed" should be proof that it was a work that was not to put either wrestler over but was a stunt to impress the fans which it did

If it weren't a work, the way the ring came down would have been MUCH. different. It was very clean the way it gave out. and if you watch the video, the ref is kind of moving along with his hands. If it weren't a work, I think they would have just went through the canvas instead of the ring posts giving out.check out the video here.http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ctt0fG1i2DM

From what I heard they did that through a hydraulic system. If you re-watch the match the bottom ring posts pop out. During the match the Big Show moved the ring step out of the way so they would fly into the crowd.

it was a work no doubt. I mean, come on, the ring breaking at the very end of the show. Coincidence? I think not.

i think it was fixed because i can remeber i while back i think it was undertaker did his big lightning bolt explosion thing to make the ring implode and the ring broke in the same way

Actually watching that vid it does seem the ring post popped out intentionally. However, whats to stop the matches before causing it to break?

Talking about going through the canvas, was the big show vs JBL Steel Cage match 9were he went through the canvas) a work? Its hard to tell.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back