Was James Mitchell the Reason for Abyss' Success?

Alex

King Of The Wasteland
So I was looking over some old TNA clips of Abyss and all of the really good ones that are memorable all had James Mitchell in them and it got me thinking, was James Mitchell the reason for Abyss' success. James Mitchell was essentially the brains and Abyss was the muscle, James Mitchell the promo cutter and he would always say what he and Abyss' plans were and he was the one who got the more heat of the two because of it. Let's not forget to this day Abyss was/is seen as a Kane/Mankind ripoff but having James Mitchell by his side made him a bit more unique.

So what are your views, was James Mitchell the key to Abyss' success or not.

I'd say james mitchell time, was the only time that abyss succeed and great. Even though james mitchel run has taken its full course I still belived as soon as he failed alone they shouldve gotten mitchel back. With mitchel he was the moster. Kane had paul bearer and it fits correctly.

James Mitchell is incredibly underrated and I took agree that Abyss was much better when they were together. The past few months with Abyss trying to be Hogan has proven why he needs a mouthpiece. I am still holding out hope that with the alleged upcoming ECW invasion that he will be brought back in, since he was in the original ECW as the Sinister Minister. I think both TNA and WWE would be a lot better if they started to bring some managers back in for some people, as their contributions seem to be overlooked anymore.

Abyss cuts lousy promos. He's enormous and scary, but comes off somehow stupidly loveable.
James Mitchell as the "sinister minister" cuts awesome promos. He's puny and weaselly, but somehow comes off as brilliantly hateable. I think they should have him ride around in a backpack on Abyss' back and call it "masterblaster".
The reason for his success is that he's huge. What holds him back are his promos. James Mitchell and Abyss together is much better than just Abyss. But, just Abyss is infinitely better than just James Mitchell.

Considering Father James Mitchell was the very reason for Abyss' existence in the first place, as he was the architect of his character, of course Abyss' successes (past-tense) were because of Mitchell. Who else would they have been because of – Chris Parks? Parks' personality and his ability to play into his character are fine and dandy and all, but the Abyss character itself was created as a silent monster who was carried vocally by Mitchell. For that and that reason alone, the successes of Abyss are owed to Mitchell's ability to do what he did.

I miss Mitchell too... His promos were awesome and demented... They really made you fear Abyss...

Anyone remember when AByss first appeared with Kid Kash... He was kind of like Kid's pet... He kept him in a cage and called him Big Scary Dude... lol

Anyway, yeah I would say the Minister was the only reason Abyss got over in the first place... Once he left, Abyss starting getting lamer by the month and now we are left we a goof ball tard... Hopefully he can find his mean streak again... Maybe get a new mouth piece... Someone like Raven or even Mitchell again... Anyone but Dr. Stevie again...lol

Quite frankly, yes. Mitchell was the primary reason for any of the success Abyss had back when he was even remotely interesting. Abyss character overall, at least up until he was completely ruined by being transformed into a neurotic 350 pound 10 year old, was a mix of Kane, Mankind and, with James Mitchell, there was even a hint of Undertaker added to the mix.

Mitchell cut good promos and was the mouthpiece for a wrestler that worked well when he barely ever said a word. It worked for The Undertaker for the first few years, having Paul Bearer as a mouthpiece, and Mitchell helped keep Abyss interesting.

I really miss the dude. He was like a modern day Paul Bearer. Problem was every other wrestler he managed was booked poorly. James really brought out the best in Abyss. He gave him hype. He made him look like a monster. Monsters don't generally speak, so it helped that aspect of the gimmick. Plus he was creepy. He was awesome and I really miss those days. I'm hoping for Chelsea to somehow fit into that role (And into some red leather). I don't know how, but its better than him pointing and yelling "YOU!".

Hey Yo!

If my memory is correct, Abyss hasn't won a world title since Father James Mitchell, correct me if im wrong. But yeah Abyss' success was behind James Mitchell, JM provided the mystery and aura that fueled the monster Abyss and got him over with the iMPACT zone. With Mitchell just being there you knew something big was going to go down and someone was going to get hurt. Now you know that there is a finger pointing when Abyss is around. Know what im sayin.

.Tha Wolfpac.

The absence of James Mitchell is hurting his character IMO

Also he almost has the "Eugene like" stench from his Abyssamania character (You know he can perform and get over with the fans, but a reminder of how bad the gimmick was is making it impossible to get over with a new gimmick)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back