Wade Barrett

jackson-lowe

no gimmicks needed
I've been wondering about Wade Barrett for the past couple of months, and it seems as though he has been pushed right out of the world title ranks of Smackdown!. However, with his recent fued with Daniel Bryan, there could be the possibility of Bryan losing his Money in the Bank to Barret. Anywho, I wanted to ask a few questions on Barrett.

Do You think Wade Barrett will get a WH Championship match this year? If So, will it be 1 on 1?

Why do you think it is Barrett is not a world champion yet?

Will Wade Barrett fall into another stable, or continue on his own?

I myself think Barrett will be a world champion, but not this year, maybe after WM28.

Barrett not only had a strong following but a large amount of momentum when he first arrived in the WWE. That has since died down to the point where Wade Barrett doesn't even have a match every week on Smackdown. Wade Barrett has all the components to be the World Heavyweight Champion other than the fact that no one cares about him anymore. Like I said, all of his fan support vanished of the last year or so - he isn't over. I think they could obviously build him back up, but he needs something to do. I don't know if a feud with Bryan will help ut him over but its worth the time. Do I think he'll be World Champioon by the end of the year? No way. Smackdown needs to start focusing a bit more on Daniel Bryan if he's going to be a World Champion one day. Wade Barrett will get there, but something drastic needs to happen before its too late. If that means giving him the Money in the Bank briefcase then I'm all for it.

Do You think Wade Barrett will get a WH Championship match this year? If So, will it be 1 on 1?
I don't think WB will get a WHC match this year for the simple fact that he's not that high on the pecking order yet. You still got guys like Randy Orton, Sheamus, Mark Henry, and yes Daniel Bryan. If he somehow beats Bryan at SS or in the near future, maybe he surpasses him but for right now, he won't get a title shot before the end of the year.

To me the reason behind it is simple, the CORRE. Battling the likes of Kane and Big Show for months at a time, only then to get the I.C. belt from a newly drafted Kofi Kingston. Basically he wasted so much time that when the door opened for a shot at the WHC, Randy Orton showed up and the rest was history.

I hope not. We need to see what he can do on his own. Everybody says he so great(not me so much). Let's see if he has what it takes to be WHC.

Wade Barrett is one Superstar that has a massive charisma and a very good mic skills, his in-ring work his average but effective.

He needs a new theme and a new entrance, he looks way to generic.
Oh and he also needs a new finisher, the Wasteland is crap and doesn't look effective , he looks the kind of guy that could use a "powerbomb".

Right now he lost all of his steam, thanks to a bad booking he is now too beatable.
I think that he is only above Ted DiBiase, he didn't take care of Zeke, he didn't take care of Sheamus, he isn't taking care of Bryan, he needs a better booking and that victory.
Sure he is a heel, he doesn't need to win cleanly, but he NEEDS to win.

If I had to choose between him and Daniel Bryan the truth is that Daniel Bryan can't be a main eventer, he doesn't have the "it" quality to do that, in the other hand Wade Barrett does have, he is the type of guy that can carry a show by himself.
I hope he takes the briefcase out of Bryan, sure Bryan can regain it down in the road, I don't have a problem with that, but it would give the feud a proper storyline.

1. There is no chance of Wade Barrett getting a shot at the World Title this year. Barrett is little more than a glorified jobber at this point on Smackdown. His current program with Daniel Bryan is little more then a way to further put him over by beating a larger wrestler. Granted, they have a history to play off of. Barrett will not come out on top, because he doesn't come out on top of anything these days. Bryan will submit him when they finally face off, and Barrett will go back to losing random matches on Smackdown every week. This program here is to give Bryan his Nexus firing revenge and give him further credibility in his build to Wrestlemania.

2. Simply put, Wade Barrett is not yet a world champion because he doesn't deserve to be one. The man has been given numerous opportunities, such as a feuds with Cena and Orton, and has yet to truly solidify himself as a main event caliber guy. If you can't get over against the two biggest names in WWE today, you never will. I know that will burn a lot of Barrett supporters, but face the facts. How many chances does he have to be given before people accept him for what he is, a midcard wrestler and nothing more. I admit he is a talented, charismatic talker. However, he is just an average wrestler with average skills, who is not over no matter how any of his apologists try to spin it.

3. Let's hope Barrett remains a solo act going forward. Booking sabotaged the Nexus angle, I won't dispute that in any way. The Corre was a complete and total failure on every level. Giving him yet another stable would further water down what's left of his character, and possibly lead to him getting pushed even further down the card. He just isn't a guy to be leading a stable. Give him an opportunity to prove himself as a viable singles competitor before having other wrestlers follow him. Why would anyone want to follow a man who is an afterthought on Smackdown, one who loses virtually every match he has? Barrett would be much better suited as an enforcer/lackey to a bigger star.

1. There is no chance of Wade Barrett getting a shot at the World Title this year. Barrett is little more than a glorified jobber at this point on Smackdown. His current program with Daniel Bryan is little more then a way to further put him over by beating a larger wrestler. Granted, they have a history to play off of. Barrett will not come out on top, because he doesn't come out on top of anything these days. Bryan will submit him when they finally face off, and Barrett will go back to losing random matches on Smackdown every week. This program here is to give Bryan his Nexus firing revenge and give him further credibility in his build to Wrestlemania.

We have to wait and see, don't try to be a smark. Wade Barrett has all the tools to be a upper-midcard wrestler.

2. Simply put, Wade Barrett is not yet a world champion because he doesn't deserve to be one. The man has been given numerous opportunities, such as a feuds with Cena and Orton, and has yet to truly solidify himself as a main event caliber guy. If you can't get over against the two biggest names in WWE today, you never will. I know that will burn a lot of Barrett supporters, but face the facts. How many chances does he have to be given before people accept him for what he is, a midcard wrestler and nothing more. I admit he is a talented, charismatic talker. However, he is just an average wrestler with average skills, who is not over no matter how any of his apologists try to spin it.

Wade Barrett was very over on RAW, the 1# heel on the entire company and saying otherwise will make you look bad, so he had an incredible debut year.

C'mon grab Cena and draft him to SD! make him lose against Ezekiel Jackson and Daniel Bryan, make him doing dark matches on Smackdown oh and give him that crap Wasteland, and there you have the #1 face of the company turned into a glorified jobber.
Do you realize that WWE is fake right? They follow a script and they have to respect the way that they are booked right?

John Cena is an average wrestler and a charismatic talker, still one of the best ever in the WWE.
Batista was a bad wrestler, but a charismatic talker, also part of the best superstars in the 2000's.
That argument that they need to be like Daniel Bryan to be World Champions means zero to me, wrestling ability mean shit if the guy can't talk, look at Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, John Morrison, etc... all very good wrestlers none a world champion.
The Miz in the other hand, crappy wrestler, awesome in the mic -> WWE Champion

3. Let's hope Barrett remains a solo act going forward. Booking sabotaged the Nexus angle, I won't dispute that in any way. The Corre was a complete and total failure on every level. Giving him yet another stable would further water down what's left of his character, and possibly lead to him getting pushed even further down the card. He just isn't a guy to be leading a stable. Give him an opportunity to prove himself as a viable singles competitor before having other wrestlers follow him. Why would anyone want to follow a man who is an afterthought on Smackdown, one who loses virtually every match he has? Barrett would be much better suited as an enforcer/lackey to a bigger star.

So he isn't a guy to lead a stable? Did you forget about the Original Nexus? Well, Wade Barrett was the leader and that was clear that Nexus worked for him, and he did have matches against Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, twice thanks to the stable. He is a great leader, I can't see nobody else doing that job... Look at CM Punk being part of the Nexus, that was a crappy leader, he turned the best stable in the WWE to a memory and CM Punk is well... CM PunK!!

The Corre was such a failure that all of the members from the group won a championship right?
Heath Slater & Gabriel- Tag Champs
Zeke and Wade- Intercontinental Champs
In my calculations I think that this accomplishments are very good for a failure.
Justin Gabriel even scored a pinfall victory over Edge. They weren't a failure, I would rather see The Corre than Original Nexus all the way.

Wade Barrett isn't an afterthought, if you are saying that then tell me why is Mark Henry currently having a helluva push? Last time I checked he was jobbing to Barrett and then all of a suddenly he is relevant again.
The same thing can be said about Sheamus, losing against Bourne, Morrison, Henry, heck he even lost against Santino and a better booking and there you have probably the best superstar on SD! and definitely next in line to be world champion.

Yes, make Barrett a lackey for Daniel Bryan and you will see him overshadowing his master everytime they entered in the ring.
You can't put a charismatic guy as an enforcer, that will completely overshadow the main guy.

You really pulled your hate out of your ass, isn't that right?
You failed miserably giving that reasons that don't prove in any way that he is a midcard, in fact you just proved that you didn't knew that wrestling is fake.

Realistically, I honestly do not see why not. If you got Truth and Morrison in the main event, why can't Wade.. Whom is better than both guys, probably combined. That and if Sheamus is WHC Champion by time they tour Europe in a few months, I can't think of a guy who will give the fans the most satisfaction of seeing get his ass kicked. Sheamus vs Wade Barrett in Ireland would have so much heat that Sheamus must have to win if anyone wants to avoid a riot. :p

Like many, I would've loved to see Wade win it last year. However, he just wasn't ready in the ring. Great on the mic. GREAT on the mic, but when you are the best in ring guy compared to the likes of the other Nexus assholes, anyone would look good.

I also think him not winning it last year was for the best. Sure, he became John Cena food (which people feuding with Cena do), but they seriously added a few years to his booking career-wise. Him falling off the ladder and having to work his way back up will look at lot better than him winning the title and it virtually being forgotten (Hi Swaggie).

As a fan, I can share your disappointment with how his run on SD as been so far tho. Believe me. :disappointed:

The last thing Wade needs is another stable. The guy has improved dramatically in the ring; which includes some new killer set spots. He is always good for a promo. It is a shame that they haven't trusted him to really have him do something big on his own. Esp considering the last 2-3 months of 2010 was pretty much a singles run for the guy.

I do think they have a lot of faith in the guy because they have used him to get people over. His work with Cena was able to even let the most jaded Cena hater feel for the guy. Big Show was more over when he was flinging Wade over the top rope than just about anything he has done in years. And I do think Wade needs a lot of credit for helping Sheamus get over as a face. That crowd didn't know how to react to Wade vs Sheamus a few weeks back. So, they didn't. Once Wade pulled the Evan Bourne card and ate that Brogue Kick, the faces went crazy. And now, they are using him to get DB over.

The Corre failed because it was about getting Zeke Jackson over. Why would anyone give a shit about what the group can do when you got someone who was booked to effortlessly toss around the Big Show? Add the fact that it was the ONLY thing Zeke could do, there was never going to be much success.

However, the good is that it gave Wade some time to improve in the ring. Bias aside, I do think Wade is easily one of the more entertaining guys to watch wrestle. He has managed to combine being a no non-sense ass kicker, a loud mouth, and a chickenshit all into one character. His matches with Kane and Sheamus last month were my favorite matches of the year. And he is a perfect heel because the way he preaches and bumps makes it a lot of fun to see him get his ass kicked. :)

I do think this guy has everything it takes to be a draw. Hey, if he can get people to buy ugly ass shirts with a big N on it, there's nothing this guy can't sell. I also think he is one of the most marketable guys in the company because he is clean cut (minus the tattoo but he covers that up during appearances), handsome in a movie star way, and very, very well spoken. If nothing else, ratings for SD were up until the draft with Wade on the show. hrm!

We have to wait and see, don't try to be a smark. Wade Barrett has all the tools to be a upper-midcard wrestler.

You said it yourself, he's an upper-midcard wrestler. The WWE doesn't put the title on upper-midcard guys. If they believed in him like you said they should, he would've at least had a WHC title match by now. He hasn't even faced the champion in a non-title match. Is that a coincidence?

Wade Barrett was very over on RAW, the 1# heel on the entire company and saying otherwise will make you look bad, so he had an incredible debut year.

Most guys that have such an incredible year go on to be ME talent. Not saying that he won't be eventually, but he's just not now.

Do you realize that WWE is fake right? They follow a script and they have to respect the way that they are booked right?

That script that they follow depends on what the crowd thinks and how they react. Wade doesn't get the reaction a guy like him should get. That's why he isn't at the level you feel he should be.

John Cena is an average wrestler and a charismatic talker, still one of the best ever in the WWE.
Batista was a bad wrestler, but a charismatic talker, also part of the best superstars in the 2000's.
That argument that they need to be like Daniel Bryan to be World Champions means zero to me, wrestling ability mean shit if the guy can't talk, look at Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Tyson Kidd, John Morrison, etc... all very good wrestlers none a world champion.
The Miz in the other hand, crappy wrestler, awesome in the mic -> WWE Champion.

Again, Cena connects with the crowd in ways nobody can. He gets a reaction from EVERYONE in the arena. Love him or hate him he gets a reaction. That's why he's the best in the business right now. So in essence, I agree that being the best wrestler isn't the most important part of being the best. At least not as important as it used to be.

So he isn't a guy to lead a stable? Did you forget about the Original Nexus? Well, Wade Barrett was the leader and that was clear that Nexus worked for him, and he did have matches against Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, twice thanks to the stable. He is a great leader, I can't see nobody else doing that job... Look at CM Punk being part of the Nexus, that was a crappy leader, he turned the best stable in the WWE to a memory and CM Punk is well... CM PunK!!.

This isn't so much his fault as it is the WWE doesn't believe in stables like it used to. They attempted it with the Nexus and it worked for a minute, but for some reason the plug got pulled.

Wade Barrett isn't an afterthought, if you are saying that then tell me why is Mark Henry currently having a helluva push? Last time I checked he was jobbing to Barrett and then all of a suddenly he is relevant again.
The same thing can be said about Sheamus, losing against Bourne, Morrison, Henry, heck he even lost against Santino and a better booking and there you have probably the best superstar on SD! and definitely next in line to be world champion..

Don't know what Barrett has to do with Mark Henry's push and if anything, Henry's push is due to what Barrett lacks as a Superstar...experience and timing. Barrett is not in any place in the company to be pushing other Superstars.

Booking sabotaged the Nexus angle, I won't dispute that in any way.

On the contrary, I think the Nexus angle had simply run it's course. The writers tried to salvage it, but it's time had simply come. This is one of the problems with people starting out at the top; there's nowhere to go but down......this can be said of Nexus, and of Wade Barrett as an individual.

The original members of Nexus were the luckiest guys in the world; rookies who happened to be in the right place at the right time to get in on the hottest angle in years. I remember when WWE booked all 7 Nexus guys in a tag team elimination match against 7 experienced mid-carders (Mark Henry was one of them). Nexus eliminated all 7 without losing a single man themselves and I remember thinking: When the program with Cena and the other top carders run it's course, what the hell is the company going to do with these Nexus guys? Yes, it was a spectacular program that kept us all tuning in last Summer, but when it ends, it's all going to down hard.

Instead, the personality of Wade Barrett kept things going for a while longer. They modified the membership and kept him leading some of the same guys. His nasty personality gave the program some steam as his group become the Corre.

Still, Wade has the same problems facing him as Nexus and Corre did: when someone starts at the pinnacle of their profession, where do they go next? Members of this forum mistakenly think Wade has lost something as a performer, but I don't buy that; he's the same as he was, he just doesn't have a new direction yet that best utilizes his talents.

But you shouldn't think the guy is about to be future endeavored, as one forum member suggested. If he has to work on the mid-card while he builds himself back up, that's not as bad a thing as it may seem. After all, he's still only one year removed from being a rookie.

Wade will be fine.

Nobody can tell for certain, but Wade fallen from being one of the most hyped young stars in the WWE to being just a solid mid card talent. Wade is in a position now where he's either going to sink or swim, this feud with Bryan can be what he needs to rise again further up the card on Smackdown, even if he were to lose, to me it will be based solely on him showing that he can put on a good show, and it seems that will come at SummerSlam when he and Danielson are speculated to meet.

Because WWE didn't put him over Cena. Wade had several chances to do so, he went from being a rookie on NXT to being in the WWE Championship match and Survivor Series main event a couple months later. Barrett not going over Cena and then his exit from Nexus, which made him look weak are the two main reasons I see Barrett as just another mid carder on the WWE roster.

Also, placing him in The Corre wasn't the best decision they made. Barrett needed to go solo by himself after that, as once again it made him look weak, it didn't make him look like a Champion. If he can't win the WWE Championship with several guys backing him up, what makes it so he can it by himself?

With hope he'll further himself and go solo. Wade Barrett has potential, it's still there and WWE can still capitalize on it, people still like Wade; well certain people. But the response when he claimed the Intercontinental Championship from Kofi Kingston was quite positive. Wade needs to go solo, he needs to become a solidified solo star, and this is his chance.

Wade Barrett and DBD could further Barrett; but I wouldn't count on it. I despise the fact I can see it, but DBD losing the briefcase is a large possibility, but I for one don't see Wade Barrett being the man that takes it.

It's too soon to give Wade the MITB case, Barrett needs a good feud to elevate him and i understand the main reason why they are moving him towards Bryan rather than feud Barrett with Sheamus, hence the reason they feuded Shemus with Henry and elevated Barett from his Intercontinental Title status to feuding over the MITB breifcase but i believe that Bryan needs to maintain the status quo and move to the main event with a world title win.

whether Bryan goes to wrestlemania as champion or contender in the world title main event is up in the air at this point but with the WWE's current trend of assigning long term feuds with its current superstars I see Bryan maybe becoming the first to mainevent wrestler with the MITB case, something similar to what Kennedy was supposed to do.

Bryan needs to roll in to wrestlemania with the MITB case, and as for Barett he can move to the main event without the breifcase, I really hope that these two steal the show and show all the top brass that they are stars in the making.

But for now lets sit back and watch the rise of both men through the ranks of the WWE.

C'mon grab Cena and draft him to SD! make him lose against Ezekiel Jackson and Daniel Bryan, make him doing dark matches on Smackdown oh and give him that crap Wasteland, and there you have the #1 face of the company turned into a glorified jobber.

The Miz in the other hand, crappy wrestler, awesome in the mic -> WWE Champion

So he isn't a guy to lead a stable? Did you forget about the Original Nexus? Well, Wade Barrett was the leader and that was clear that Nexus worked for him, and he did have matches against Randy Orton for the WWE Championship, twice thanks to the stable. He is a great leader, I can't see nobody else doing that job... Look at CM Punk being part of the Nexus, that was a crappy leader, he turned the best stable in the WWE to a memory and CM Punk is well... CM PunK!!

The Corre was such a failure that all of the members from the group won a championship right?
Heath Slater & Gabriel- Tag Champs
Zeke and Wade- Intercontinental Champs
In my calculations I think that this accomplishments are very good for a failure.
Justin Gabriel even scored a pinfall victory over Edge. They weren't a failure, I would rather see The Corre than Original Nexus all the way.

The same thing can be said about Sheamus, losing against Bourne, Morrison, Henry, heck he even lost against Santino and a better booking and there you have probably the best superstar on SD! and definitely next in line to be world champion.

Yes, make Barrett a lackey for Daniel Bryan and you will see him overshadowing his master everytime they entered in the ring.
You can't put a charismatic guy as an enforcer, that will completely overshadow the main guy.

You really pulled your hate out of your ass, isn't that right?
You failed miserably giving that reasons that don't prove in any way that he is a midcard, in fact you just proved that you didn't knew that wrestling is fake.

You are exactly the type of person I was referring to in my earlier post, a Wade Barrett apologist who throws out every excuse you can think of to explain away his failures.

You give some asinine theory about Cena going to Smackdown to try to illustrate some point. I'm not sure what you were trying to get across, because it made absolutely no sense. You do realize that if Cena was ordered to do that, he would just be doing what he was told right? Don't you realize that WWE is fake? You completely contradicted yourself in your own argument. Well done.

You also seem to favor a promotion where only good talkers become champions. Wow, what a wonderful way to spend Monday nights. We could watch grown men talk and yell at one another for two straight hours. You recall that WWE is a wrestling promotion don't you? You act as if no talented wrestlers have ever ascended to the top before. If Wade Barrett was so damn great on the microphone, wouldn't he have won the title already then? According to your logic, yes he would have. So again, your argument failed.

In regards to Barrett leading a stable, you completely missed what I was saying. I said there is no reason for him to lead a stable now, due in large part to the fact that he has no credibility as a wrestler at this time. Answer why any wrestler would get behind a guy who isn't winning matches and has sold out his understudies in two different groups. Why would any wrestler, in kayfabe terms, follow a guy who can't get it done on his own and will sell you out at the first sign of trouble. That's why Barrett shouldn't be leading yet another stable, it completely defies logic.

You rambled about Mark Henry getting a push, the Corre being better than Nexus, and Barrett being a lackey to Daniel Bryan. I have no idea what those have to do with this topic. Those are off base and irrelevant to what we are discussing here.

As for your little closing comments, well they were very impressive. I'm not sure how you came to your conclusions, but to be honest, I'm not sure how you came up with most of what you wrote here. If I'm a smark, doesn't that mean that I know wrestling is not real? I showed my hate for a guy by logically discussing his shortcomings as a character on a wrestling show?

You added nothing, nothing to refute anything I said. You just ranted for awhile and then proved me right in what I said in my original post. You're just another Barrett apologist who can't explain away what we see on television every week. I guess I'm just crazy to think that a guy on a prolonged losing streak isn't anywhere close to winning the World Title.

Wade Barrett is one Superstar that has a massive charisma and a very good mic skills, his in-ring work his average but effective.

He needs a new theme and a new entrance, he looks way to generic.
Oh and he also needs a new finisher, the Wasteland is crap and doesn't look effective , he looks the kind of guy that could use a "powerbomb".

Right now he lost all of his steam, thanks to a bad booking he is now too beatable.
I think that he is only above Ted DiBiase, he didn't take care of Zeke, he didn't take care of Sheamus, he isn't taking care of Bryan, he needs a better booking and that victory.
Sure he is a heel, he doesn't need to win cleanly, but he NEEDS to win.

If I had to choose between him and Daniel Bryan the truth is that Daniel Bryan can't be a main eventer, he doesn't have the "it" quality to do that, in the other hand Wade Barrett does have, he is the type of guy that can carry a show by himself.
I hope he takes the briefcase out of Bryan, sure Bryan can regain it down in the road, I don't have a problem with that, but it would give the feud a proper storyline.

You recall writing this post? Well, here are your own words. This was your assessment of Wade Barrett before you got all flustered by me voicing my opinion. Please read through it again for me. So you express all this doubt about Barrett, but then turn around and defend him with a fury. Yet I'm supposed to give you valid reasons why he isn't main event material without citing bad booking? You already did that yourself. Your "good arguments" may have had merit, had you not gone against your own post from earlier in the exact same thread. That, my good man, is the easiest and quickest way to lost all credibility you have on any topic.

You put him below Ted Dibiase, you got him behind Big Zeke, and admitted he's not going to beat Daniel Bryan. You said he was an average wrestler with a bad finisher.
You didn't prove Wade Barrett was main event material, you made my argument before I even posted. You proved that you are good at hurling pointless insults when someone disagrees with your current viewpoint on something. Reread my posts. There is nothing that is even close to some of the thoughts you put forth for me. Yeah, I really was clamoring for Evan Bourne to be champion wasn't I? He is right where he should be, jobbing on 3 out of every 4 shows.

This may be difficult for you to comprehend, but these are opinion based forums. Everyone is not going to agree with everyone, as that would be tedious and quite boring. That being said, when you can't even agree with yourself it makes it impossible to intelligently debate with you. Pick a side, stick with it, and then perhaps we can talk.

Yes, and yes. I think he will challenge Bryan for the case, and come out with a (not clean) win. Unless the case is brought into the picture for the summerslam match, then I think bryan will win at summerslam, barrett will ask for a rematch with the case. If I were to really go nuts with predictions, I would guess that christian will retain, eventually get challenged by sheamus, and then barrett will use the case against sheamus at some weak point, and (hopefully) lose.

Honestly, because he was not skilled in the ring yet, and he was incapable of putting on entertaining matches. He's gotten better with the first, but as far as putting on entertaining matches, he still hasn't convinced me. Not to say that convincing me is the "end all be all", but he is not someone at this point that I would want to see headlining PPVs.

Putting him into another stable would be foolish, and an indication that the WWE creative team really has no faith or hope in him at all. He needs to sink or swim on his own, and soon, or he will be resigned to midcard level jobber.

Barret will win atleast 1 world title b4 the end of the year and hold it till wrestlemania and get beat by daniel bryan which he will find hard to swallow that they will feaud for the first 2 ppv,s after wrestlemania which bryan will win the 1st and barret will take the title on the 2nd ppv

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back