Wade Barrett= Wasted Rub

mrbooker

Pre-Show Stalwart
A couple of months ago i tried pleading my case that Wade Barrett is not over that it is simply the cena effect meaning people either love or love to hate cena either way they have feelings for cena so since wade barrett got thrown into a major feud people where going to hate him regardless... for those wondering the link below is the thread

http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=142099

Now back to business Wade Barrett's move to Smackdown is living televised proof that he was never really over. One feud does not make you over if thats the case Gene Snitsky is over(kane feud), John Heidenrich is over(Undertaker Feud) , Carlito is over(Cena feud) being over is becoming a character that the fans will give a reaction to the minute you touch a mic, step in a ring, and/or come through the curtain on a weekly basis

I would like to know from posters

Do you still consider Wade Barrett a Maineventer?

Do you think Wade Barrett will ever get the kind of crowd reaction he got during his Cena feud?

WWE is building stars for the future where do you see Wade Barrett fitting in amongst the new stars?

With the considerable build he has gotten do you think Wade Barrett has lost all the steam he gained from his time on Raw?

Yes I do. Wade Barrett is one of WWE's best young prospects, and again this is another example of people begging for instant success and instant main eventers. Wade has been there for almost a year now, on the main roster. Give at least a couple years before you question whether he's a main eventer or not. Hes shown why people should like him, he's good on the mic, better than most of the others who have came up. He can have a good wrestling match given the chance, he's already one of the top people in WWE has been since last summer and is IMO doing better on Smackdown as an actual character than he was on RAW. He's being pushed as one of the top guys on the show, since hes moved from RAW Wade has featured in the last quarter of Smackdown almost every week, hes main evented most weeks. He was in the Elimination Chamber, he got CHEERED in the Chamber match.

Do you think Wade Barrett will ever get the kind of crowd reaction he got during his Cena feud?
Wade got cheers at Elimination Chamber, they even started a Wade chant. He sold Drew McIntyre sticking him into the pod excellently which got a great reaction. On Smackdown this week he was booed, go read where people list the biggest heat from the live crowd, you'll either see Corre or Barrett. Of course he isn't going to get the same as when he was feuding with Cena, but he gets more heat than any other person outside maybe Del Rio has came onto the main WWE roster in the last year.

WWE is building stars for the future where do you see Wade Barrett fitting in amongst the new stars?
Asked me this three months ago and I would have said future WWE Champion, but now seeing as he's currently on Smackdown at the moment, I'll say future World Heavyweight Champion. That's how he's being built. WWE are placing a lot of trust in Barrett, hell if it wasn't for Triple H then Barrett would be against The Undertaker at Wrestlemania. Not many young stars that face Undertaker go on to fail. And again, one year in the company, even Randy Orton sucked for a year, and Wade doesn't even suck. Sky is the limit for him.

With the considerable build he has gotten do you think Wade Barrett has lost all the steam he gained from his time on Raw?
Hes lost a lot of the steam from when he was feuding the face of the company on RAW. Let me stress again, the face of the company. Face. You take anybody and stick them in a feud with the face of the company for four months and the take them out of it, sticking them on another show and of course they'll lose a considerable amount of steam, but he's still going places. Still one of the top heels on Smackdown, when they don't have that many. And he's still only been on the main roster, for one year. In two years come back and ask these questions and you might get some much more definitive answers.

1. Right now, on Smackdown!, it's difficult to thrust him into the main event. He's a heel and Smackdown! is fairly heel heavy at the top. Still, more importantly than that, they have programs planned already. He's simply reestablishing his mark and establishing his new faction. As of now, he's UPPER mid-card until the time is right.

2. Probably. He's a good talker and at the very least is capable in the ring. He's also going to be able to feud with the faces that are going to give him the extra heat needed. In time, this keeps him getting a good reaction and gives him enough time to gain his footing and tweak his character in ways that will legitimize him. He's talented enough to make this work.

3. I'd say he's probably top 3 and that's including the likes of Dolph Ziggler, John Morrison, Alberto del Rio (he's not young, but he's new), Sheamus and Daniel Bryan.

Some of those guys I like more, some I like less. The fact is that he's a specimen who can talk. Rare by itself. And, he's not the shittiest wrestler, either.

4. No. I think it's leveled out to an extent, but I don't think it's lost. It's on pause, if anything. Once the right feud comes along, I feel he could get similar reactions to the Cena feud and it will only allow him to grow.

Consider? He is a maineventer. Ok, after being drafted to Smackdown he has lost a lot of steam, I get it. However, who is the 2nd best heel in Smackdown right now? The answer is Wade Barrett. He is being overshadowed by Alberto Del Rio right now, echo Ezekiel Jackson who seem to be heading for a match up against The Big Show at Wrestlemania. However, it could have easily been different if the WWE decided to go for Barrett vs Taker. If that had happened, the complexion of things will change. But WWE didn't and now they don't seem to have any direction for Barrett. I put the blame down on the creative, not Barrett

Well, it really depends on who he is feuding with. If he is up against The Big Show, no one would even bother. If he is up against Taker, it could be a different story. He will draw a similar kind of heat or even more.

He is ranked among the top, no doubts about it. He will definitely win the World Heavyweight Championship in the future, most probably this year. I am not a fortune teller but I guarantee you that. He is Big, he is good in the ring and he has good mic skills, and he is at the top of Vince's favorites list. If Jack Swagger can win the WHC, Barrett will definitely win it.

He has lost a lot of steam but ALL? Ummm...considering that he has been involved in a lot of high-profile matches at PPVs since Summerslam, i would say that he still has something going for him. Like I mentioned earlier, WWE is the one who dropped the ball with him so far at least. However, I can see Barrett involved in the main event picture sooner rather than later, especially if Edge retains the strap at Wrestlemania.

Do you consider Wade Barrett a maineventer?

Not at all he is feuding with the Big Show and he is part of a stable, he is basically taking the spot Cody Rhodes had a couple of months ago only its a tad mor believable that Wade could beat Big Show do to his sie and his stable but that does not change the fact that it gets the same amount of interest the the Rhodes/Show feud had with even less crowd reaction.

Their were reports (I dont know how factual I am going off of what I read on wrestlezone) that Barrett was slated to vs Taker at Mania that got shot down for HHH vs Taker as we all know... That would have made Wade get a pretty big reaction and would have trully made people hate him if the unthinkable happened and the streak ended as many people feel it never should but thats a different discussion...Now that he is on Smackdown im not to sure not enough people care about Wade Barrett and the only faces on smackdown that people care a whole lot about are Edge and Rey Mysterio who are both set through mania and are at the end of their careers.... I am of course comparing this to the crowd reaction from the cena feud, the man could not even get out the promo and he was in his home england, thats ALOT of heat

Amongst the new young stars of the present/future those being Miz, Del Rio, Ziggler, Morrison, Sheamus, Kofi, and Daniel Bryan in that order is see Wade above Kofi and below Sheamus.... Sheamus has also lost steam but its due to his very early title run but still won king of the ring and still gets a crowd reaction..... Miz and Del Rio both in ME spots at mania..... Ziggler went from being a cheerleader, to bringing back to prestige to the IC title, to a legit WHC title contender just by feuding with Edge on the "B" Show....and despite his mic skills Morrison is the biggest face right now for the future(minus orton and cena who are already the faces of WWE) and has not only been booked well but has showcased his talent in matches.

When looking at the future of WWE I think Wade will honestly be a mainvent/high mid carder, kind of how Razor Ramon was booked in the early 90's minus with a just a little less charisma he will have very solid mid card matches and feud or be attached with a couple maineventers and eventaully as win the big one which if he would have stayed Razor would have. I feel this way because the mainevent spots would still be filled having Cena, Orton, CM Punk, then Miz, Del Rio, Ziggler, Morrison, and Sheamus all of whom have gotten rubs and continue to gain popularity currently and have good feuds.

I remember people going crazy in my first post claiming Wade Barrett is over he is the most hated heel in pro wrestling which looks like a bad joke that people where willing to give so much credit to Barrett that was inserted into a great situation and has lost not some but alot of steam.... Lets face it Wade was arguably in the top 5 at one point in crowd reaction he was penciled in to vs Taker at Mania thats alot of lost steam

Wade Barrett goes to smackdown and has honestly been a dud... he looks the LEAST impressive out of everyone in the corre. Ezekeil Jackson has looked more impressive and has gotten more reaction from the crowd without even having matches by simply suplexing and body slamming the big show, Gabriel and Slater have been having matches and doing a decent job in a lackluster tag division, to be honest Gabriel's finisher in their tag matches has gotten more crowd reaction then Barrett as of late. He did get a reaction at EC but so did everyone else in the EC match

Barrett went from a huge feud with Cena, A title feud with Randy Orton,and the Burial of the undertaker, he was in the final four in the royal rumble and was in the elimination chamber but yet has had little to no reaction from the crowd, has not had one solid promo since the brand change, or one singles match that he has showcased skills or dominance worth noting. Again i want to state has been BOOKED better then everyone in the stable but equal/less REACTION. In my opinion that is a waste of 3 HUGE RUBS!(Leader of the Nexus/Cena feud, Orton Feud, and the Burial of the Undertaker)

The whole point of a rub is to elevate a wrestler, to jump start him so he can rise on the card and be a major player for the future. Wade was booked perfectly from the start but at the end of the day the bookers can only do so much, its the wrestler who needs to go out their and get a reaction and get the people to care and Wade just has not done that since the end of his feud with Cena

I see what alot of you guys are saying and maybe I am bias in my opinion sometimes early success can be a bad thingi suppose, but currently Wade needs something because from a fans point of few it feels like a whole different Wade, when I bought my WrestleMania tickets in November if someone told me Wade Barrett would potentially be facing the Big Show and not someone like Cena, Taker, Orton, Punk, Edge, HHH i would have laughed at them and now its a harsh reality

Yes I do. Wade Barrett is one of WWE's best young prospects, and again this is another example of people begging for instant success and instant main eventers.

But that's the point; he's being called a main eventer and a prospect.....which almost makes him a victim of his own unexpected success.

Face it; Wade and the other Nexus guys were in the right place at the right time. They were aboard when Creative was coming up with one of the best programs ever. Still, their in-ring success was based strictly on gang mentality: attack as a group. It was satisfyingly infuriating when Barrett would call out John Cena as being a coward, when Wade's entire method of operation was based on cowardice.

Still the problem remained as what to do with these guys after the original Nexus program ended. Wade Barrett came off as someone who should be a main eventer, but he didn't qualify for it based on his individual success .....because he had none. When he was forced to face top guys like Cena and Orton by himself... he lost. When your entire persona is based on group attacks; how do you make yourself an effective singles presence?

Wade hasn't done it yet because he hasn't earned it.....which isn't to say he should stop trying. He has good ring skills and a nasty personality but he just doesn't seem as fierce without his boys behind him.....which doesn't spell a main eventer to me.

But that's the point; he's being called a main eventer and a prospect.....which almost makes him a victim of his own unexpected success.

Face it; Wade and the other Nexus guys were in the right place at the right time. They were aboard when Creative was coming up with one of the best programs ever. Still, their in-ring success was based strictly on gang mentality: attack as a group. It was satisfyingly infuriating when Barrett would call out John Cena as being a coward, when Wade's entire method of operation was based on cowardice.

Still the problem remained as what to do with these guys after the original Nexus program ended. Wade Barrett came off as someone who should be a main eventer, but he didn't qualify for it based on his individual success .....because he had none. When he was forced to face top guys like Cena and Orton by himself... he lost. When your entire persona is based on group attacks; how do you make yourself an effective singles presence?

Wade hasn't done it yet because he hasn't earned it.....which isn't to say he should stop trying. He has good ring skills and a nasty personality but he just doesn't seem as fierce without his boys behind him.....which doesn't spell a main eventer to me.

I never said Wade was a main eventer, he has the potential to be a main eventer and considering all the reps I got people obviously agree with me when I say it.

But you make a great arguement, and I might as well retort.

If you watched Wade Barrett on NXT, he was perfectly fine in the ring in a one-on-one match-up. WWE is trying to convey that it isn't he can't do it himself, it's just that it's the easy way to get things done. It's like taking credibility from Hogan for the way the NWO acted in WCW, and in Hogan's first reign as Hollywood Hogan we all know he deserved it, after becoming the most hated man in wrestling after his heel turn.

WWE are building heat around Wade Barrett by making him the leader of these gangs. Eventually It'll implode like all WWE stables. It'll either be Barrett getting kicked out and becoming a face or the others attacking Barrett and leaving him high and dry. Either way, he should come out well from it.

Wade Barrett's is still, again, let me stress this. He has been on the main roster for one year, he has went from somebody who at first got no reaction, to as was at the EC, cheered on! Give him time to actually show what he can do. We'll never know how he'll do on his own, we're presuming, but currently as a member of The Corre Wade is the main person of the stable and is the main person going places.

I tend to agree with you yes he has only been their for 1 year but so was sheamus and he didnt need the perfect booking situation.

[/QUOTE]He has been on the main roster for one year, he has went from somebody who at first got no reaction, to as was at the EC, cheered on![/QUOTE]

Here is the thing yes Barrett did get cheered at EC but i think you are blowing it WAYYYYYY out of proportion i watched the ppv and everyone got pops at Elimination chamber Drew, Rey, Kane, Show, and every guy from the raw chamber match, just one night of cheers doesnt mean anything, it was the last ppv before mania it was a hot crowd, elimination chamber is i highly hyped match and looked forward to, now if wade continued to get reaction afterwards I could see where you are going.

Yes he has been on the roster for one year but he has been booked PERFECTLY for the majority of one year, booked better then any other star in recent years

I seriously doubt when WWE decided hey we are going to make you the leader of faction to dominate the A show, we are going to put you in a program with John Cena, then with Randy Orton, then you are going to bury the Undertaker, so the viewers look at you as a legit threat... only for him to go to the B show and be in the mid card

it was done so he could be a major player on smackdown, he was penciled to face the undertaker people on the board saying "if he was going agaisnt taker its a different conversation" well he is not going against taker and their is a good reason for it im not wwe booking so i dont know the exact reason but im pretty sure its something along the lines of Barrett isnt ready to but on a worthy match at mania with taker, he cant draw fans for such a huge match, he i not over enough, nobody would gain interest in the match after seeing one hell of a match with taker vs edge and two straight HBK vs taker matches to Wade vs Taker

I understand its only been one year but when u get the amount and quality of rubs Wade has gotten and you are not producing thats a problem, whether its one year or 4 the point is your booked to be star... And the best quote i have ever heard from pat patterson it was along the lines of.... we can only do so much in the back of booking and making a guy look good its up to the wrestlers to make the fans care...... So people saying he isnt being booked well need to really get over it he was booked perfectly he cant continue to be booked perfectly his whole career

As somone who thought Wade was going to be this generation's version of HHH its really not looking to good, and i know its only been 1 year, but ask yourself what can they possibly do to book him and better then they already have? and if they do what is Wade going to do after it because at the moment it doesnt look like much

It definitely seems like a wasted rub since he's kinda been in the shadows since WrestleMania season started and he moved to Smackdown! One thing is really bugging me though...

Wade Barrett goes to smackdown and has honestly been a dud... he looks the LEAST impressive out of everyone in the corre.

Like nails on a chalkboard (shivers up my spine).

I'm going to try to be objective here... the truth is (astonishingly enough as I'm also a redhead so I should have rapport so I could empathize with him) I can't think of one good thing about Slater. He at least wrestles once in a while, which is more than I can say for Barrett, but his matches don't cut it for me.

Seriously though, OP... you listed some good examples already of wasted rubs, potentially including this one. Were they really neccessary? Maybe if they'd take them through more than one feud before they dropped a wrestler like a ton of bricks they wouldn't be wasted? IMO, building a wrestler to Main Event status is something that is successfully done over a stretch of time with great feuds and matches that give the audience/couch jockeys something they haven't already seen a thousand times.

Here is the thing yes Barrett did get cheered at EC but i think you are blowing it WAYYYYYY out of proportion i watched the ppv and everyone got pops at Elimination chamber Drew, Rey, Kane, Show, and every guy from the raw chamber match, just one night of cheers doesnt mean anything, it was the last ppv before mania it was a hot crowd, elimination chamber is i highly hyped match and looked forward to, now if wade continued to get reaction afterwards I could see where you are going.

You're not reading my whole comments. I said in my opening post, that not only did he get cheered but he always gets heat as well. Whether it be on SD or RAW, he always gets it. Nexus got, Corre get it and the main antagonist of the group is Wade Barrett. Justin Gabriel isn't main eventing WWE PPVs in his rookie year. Wade Barrett is.

Yes he has been on the roster for one year but he has been booked PERFECTLY for the majority of one year, booked better then any other star in recent years

I seriously doubt when WWE decided hey we are going to make you the leader of faction to dominate the A show, we are going to put you in a program with John Cena, then with Randy Orton, then you are going to bury the Undertaker, so the viewers look at you as a legit threat... only for him to go to the B show and be in the mid card.

You've proved my point from the, "Youth Movement is a Failure" thread with what you said above. There, are on an estimation, 35 guys on the Smackdown roster. They have Edge, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Undertaker, Kingston, Ziggler and others. Everyone can't be in the main event! They have to space it out to push other people. Wade has main evented the majority of Smackdown shows since he debuted on the roster. He doesn't main event a couple weeks because WWE can't push one person the whole time, which makes your comments null-and-void.

it was done so he could be a major player on smackdown, he was penciled to face the undertaker people on the board saying "if he was going agaisnt taker its a different conversation" well he is not going against taker and their is a good reason for it im not wwe booking so i dont know the exact reason but im pretty sure its something along the lines of Barrett isnt ready to but on a worthy match at mania with taker, he cant draw fans for such a huge match, he i not over enough, nobody would gain interest in the match after seeing one hell of a match with taker vs edge and two straight HBK vs taker matches to Wade vs Taker

Reason for it being Triple H/Undertaker is because that's what Undertaker and Triple H wanted, they saw that there wasn't any big match at Mania so they decided what they wanted to do. They're running the program themselves. Wade wouldn't have drawn, fair point, but Undertaker would have by himself. Hence why the Streak is such a formidible part of the Wrestlemania line-up and why It'll never be broken. It'll take away an attraction.

I understand its only been one year but when u get the amount and quality of rubs Wade has gotten and you are not producing thats a problem, whether its one year or 4 the point is your booked to be star... And the best quote i have ever heard from pat patterson it was along the lines of.... we can only do so much in the back of booking and making a guy look good its up to the wrestlers to make the fans care...... So people saying he isnt being booked well need to really get over it he was booked perfectly he cant continue to be booked perfectly his whole career

Who said hes being booked poorly? He wasn't, why are you bringing it up? It's irrelevant. He was booked well on RAW, they stuck him in a program with the face of the company, they had him abuse the face of the company on TV. He beat the hell out of the face of the company. But going from feuding with John Cena to the Big Show is a step down. That's the only way I can assume what you're rambling about, if it isn't then it makes what you're saying even more irrelevant.

As somone who thought Wade was going to be this generation's version of HHH its really not looking to good, and i know its only been 1 year, but ask yourself what can they possibly do to book him and better then they already have? and if they do what is Wade going to do after it because at the moment it doesnt look like much

Triple H when he joined the WWE was booked fairly solidly for two years. He faced the Ultimate Warrior and beat him at Wrestlemania, a year after Warrior was one of the top people in wrestling. He was given runs as the Intercontinental Champion as well, but we all know as a Blue Blood he sucked! He stank the place up! So, that's your final point already retorted. Wade has had a year, it doesn't matter about the way they book him, he's over. You're obviously not watching Smackdown or pay-per-views if you can't see that, as it's very obvious. He isn't even a singles competitor yet, once the Corre disbands then we'll see where he goes, but right now the dude is one of the key figures in the youth movement and one of the best positives to come from it.

I don't consider Barrett to be a wasted rub because of how over he is. Is Barrett a legitimate, 100% bonafied main eventer? Probably not at this stage but I'd say he's pretty close to it.

Wade Barrett was the true star of the original Nexus. The vast majority of heat the group generated, at least 90+%, was due to Wade Barrett and he's still as over now as he was feuding with Cena. The current feud with Big Show isn't as high profile as a feud with Cena would be, but Show is probably more over with fans right now than he's ever been. He hasn't improved in the ring to any degree but fans are happy to see him and interested in whatever he's involved in.

I don't think that Barrett will truly be thought of as an all around main event talent until he's out on his own. He excels at being the confident and cool headed leader of a faction but, to some degree, it also holds him back because he's so far above the other guys that make up the faction.

As leader of Nexus, Barrett was introduced and, to me, came across as a solidified star that the WWE will be able to count on for years to come so I have trouble seeing that as anything but a success.

Not at the moment since Alberto Del Rio, Dolph Ziggler are above him in Heel Main eventers right now. He is an Upper-Mid Carder but will be a main eventer in due time again.

Yes he is a great talker and ring worker and once in the right fued again will get the reaction. He doesn't get as many boos anymore as The Corre is pushing Tweener sometimes.

Yeah Barret is in there with Morrision, Miz, Drew and others.

He lost ALOT of steam but is still a great talent and could get some back.

1. Consider? Barrett is a maineventer all the way baby. Since his NXT days, I knew he was gonna be great.

2. Hard to say. On RAW, he went after the biggest star the WWE had and had him at his mercy. Barrett can easily get heat, and the bigger the star, the more the crowd is enamored with that star, the more of a reaction he will draw.

3. Barrett is up there with the Morrisons and the Mizs and the Kofis, etc.

4. Like I said, on RAW he went after the biggest face of the company. He has lost some steam, but I think with the Corre at his side, he can easily pick it back up.

Who said hes being booked poorly? He wasn't, why are you bringing it up? It's irrelevant. He was booked well on RAW, they stuck him in a program with the face of the company, they had him abuse the face of the company on TV. He beat the hell out of the face of the company. But going from feuding with John Cena to the Big Show is a step down. That's the only way I can assume what you're rambling about, if it isn't then it makes what you're saying even more irrelevant.

Im not going to search for who and call them you can look at it, its on the first page but someone said its because he is booked against the the big show if he was booked against the undertaker it would be a different story. Well he has been booked perfectly for months its time to see what he can do without perfect booking and he has not done a bad job but he sure as hell does not like the future of WWE

Reason for it being Triple H/Undertaker is because that's what Undertaker and Triple H wanted, they saw that there wasn't any big match at Mania so they decided what they wanted to do. They're running the program themselves. Wade wouldn't have drawn, fair point, but Undertaker would have by himself. Hence why the Streak is such a formidible part of the Wrestlemania line-up and why It'll never be broken. It'll take away an attraction.
What you are saying is irrelevant and you are just proving my point that Wade Barrett has lost all steam and is not over enough, I get it HHH is a legend but it is beyond sad that someone who has been in feuds with, Cena and Orton and was easily considered the #1 heel on the A show, who has a storyline that would have fit in to a feud with Taker at Mania was dropped after being penciled to face taker for a guy we have not scene in months...
Dont get me wrong it will be a great program to legendary wrestlers but the reason this program is being done and why taker and HHH want it is because Wade could not maintain his heat if he did their is no question he would be facing taker at Mania.

Wade has had a year, it doesn't matter about the way they book him, he's over. You're obviously not watching Smackdown or pay-per-views if you can't see that, as it's very obvious.

I actually watch every PPV, Raw and Smackdown, and have ben watching wrestling since the early 90's and you my friend have no clue what "Over" means.

The Rock is over, Cena is over, Orton is over, Edge is over, Cm Punk is over,

Guys like Goldust were over, Ken Shamrock over,and werent even Maineventers

the straight fact that not many give a damn about Wade Barrett's program is evidence that he is not . The fact that he has not had a program high on any card or a match that has been hyped since his time on raw is evidence of that, the fact that guys like morrison, sheamus,ziggler, Del Rio, Kofi all have been in mark key matches on PPV or their respected weekly shows all get reactions from the moment their music hits till the ref raises the winners hand should show you how far from "Over" he is

And I would say that none of the current wrestlers i listed are "Over" when you are over with fans it means the fans love you or love to hate you they are going to go nuts no matter who you are facing as long as they see you and win/loss/or draw you dont loss steam thats what being "Over" is.... wade barrett is not that. Morrison is damn near close to being over as a face and the same can be said for Del rio as a heel

And please dont use the excuse/reason HE HAS ONLY BEEN HERE FOR ONE YEAR, because if you want to thats fine but dont say that he is "Over" if your going to sit here and say he has only been in the WWE for a year

And I do think Wade will be successful i do think we will a major player in the next five years but as the title of the post says with out a doubt the Cena angle, the orton angle, the Undertaker burial are wasted rubs because guys like Miz, like Ziggler, like Morrison, like Del Rio have not even gotten half of the quality of rubs Wade got and they are all doing extremly better then he is in getting the fans to care about their programs.

I think they need to just drop the Corre let Barrett go out on his own. Slater and Gabriel can do alright on their own as a tagteam, Zeek doesn't always have to play the hired goon role and it would just be better for Wade in the long run to not have him attached to a group all the time. If they can continue pushing Barrett and McIntyre and make them legit maineventers that could be a great long lasting feud, or of course Barrett and Sheamus if they end up on the same show again. I think their just waiting for the right time to really give Barrett that final push into stardom but I think he will eventually be a staple at the top or of the card or at least upper-mid card along with Sheamus and McIntyre, an English guy vs a Scot or an Irishman, the storylines write themselves there.

I admit. I'll probably always be a Wade Barrett mark. But sadly, as much as I loved his version of Nexus, and at first liked Corre, I think he needs to branch out on his own. I feel like if he's going to be taken seriously, he probably needs to get a true one on one feud going without a group on his ass and interfering in his matches. True, he has had some great one on one matches before with Rey. But, he was the winner of NXT, and he has yet to gain any kind of gold from his ORIGINAL version of Nexus. Justin and Heath are already 3 time tag champs. Otunga and Cena were tag champs as well. I think its okay if Wade were to maybe go it alone. His feuds in OVW and FCW were pretty good and he was mainly alone, and still had some alliances, but for the most part, he was a loner. I think that spoke to his credit. I'm not doubting his skills, but I think the group thing seems to have run its course on both Punk's Nexus, and Wade's Corre.

Well, I think he still gets quite a big reaction wherever he goes. I think that is what WWE looks for. If the areas were quiet when he came out, then there would be reason to worry. He still seems to be getting some great reaction, and Corre merchandising is getting to be more and more apparent as the weeks go on. Just as it did with Nexus, I think people do seem to get ready for change, and it may also depend on where they are performing in the country/world, and what demographic is in the majority as well.

I certainly do see Wade being one of the mainstays for the future. I think though, that WWE needs to probably re-evaluate this group thing. Either narrow down the 5 on 1 beatdowns and give him a solid match, or just dissolve the group. He needs something more concrete than the same stuff different day mentality. He certainly has shown that he's capable of much much more. He would be such a wasted talent to let him just flounder in the midcards while those vets around him from Season one, like DB, Otunga, Justin Gabriel, and Slater have all had the benefit of getting a belt before him. I think there is something for him as either a super heel or possibly becoming one of the big lotharios, which I see. I see a potential Regal in him, maybe even some charisma of Jericho. The man has a supreme gift in talking. His ability to even be suave when he's being bad would also work in his favor as well. A sly heel, that the audience would like. Kinda a harkening back to Christian, like the smarmy heel with an irresistible way.

I don't think its lost per se. I know there's been quite a build up heels on Smackdown right now. I fret that with the group, its easier for him to blend in. I think that could be a bit of a safety net. I think the attack on Teddy Long COULD HAVE been a possible turning point for them. With the actions of Vickie almost seeming to try to implicate Corre, it could have been a good thing for them to try to turn the tables and use that in their favor and reveal their info if they had found out the truth and said that they found Vickie and Dolph with Teddy's body?? I mean, I think that could have been a huge pay off for them and to also get some revenge on his former Nexus members and to use that against CM Punk. But that is just my thoughts. I think its just a matter of creative being a bit tied up with other people, sad to say. I'm remaining cautiously optimistic. Otherwise, he wouldn't have made it to one of the main events at Elimination Chamber, and he could've been left off the card altogether. That leads me to believe they still have some bigger plans for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back