Underrated by IWC

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
iv seen many threads, strings, cotton, sulk (do you get the bad joke;)) about wrestlers who are underrated and over rated by WWE,

But i wanted to change it up a little and ask, who are the most underrated, and underrated WWE wrestlers BY THE IWC, or basically the people that you read on here.

MINE:

Underrated: REY MYSTERIO

I kind of almost feel bad for rey. The IWC despertly wants him to retire for some reason. They pick on him for being too old. Even though hes 38 which isnt too old. The IWC is right about him being too injury prone, but the thing is rey mysterio still creates great matches and can wrestle better than the whole roster axcluding probobly 4 guys. And rey mysterio is only a quarter as good as he was back then. Although he is getting alot of injuries latley, you cant hate on him for loving his job.

HERES A TREAT FOR YOU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZE2F9Owi2Yw

Overrated : Damien Sandow (plz dont riot:dark2::shooter::guns::shooter:)

Now i understand the guys mic skills, his gimmick is an instantly over. But the guy is so bad in the ring, id rather watch david otunga than Damien sandows stupid neckbreaker. HIS BEST MOVE IS A NECKBREAKER:banghead:
The IWC is suppose to love wrestlers in the ring and hate talkers, just like John Cena, but Sandow is worse than Cena, and why is he good:confused:

Now heres a boring video of sandow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCDTMEIjlaU

Sandow is AMAZING on the mic and passable in the ring, same way Rocky or Stone Cold were (well, Austin after he broke his neck that his). Not saying he's going to ascend to those heights, but he's one of the few people who's speaking is better than wrestling that I actually enjoy (unlike say Miz or Sheamus).

Rey is great, he's a legend and I don't understand any IWC beef with him, so good call on that. :)

Also, (underrated) I haven't seen Sin Cara botch in a long time, I relish the brief moments he has on TV and wish they'd give him a trial title run.

Overrated? Just because Paul Heyman is your mouthpiece doesn't mean you're decent. Curtis Axel is boring on the mic, boring in the ring. Its almost pathetic the way they make every established superstar verbally put him over for no reason. I don't see him going anywhere (although I would love it if he could prove me wrong, and he still has time to up his game). Right now he just seems like Ted Dibiasi (Jr) all over again.

Its not that Mysterio is underrated. I have all the respect in the world for him. But I'm done with him. And it happens to everyone. I remember being sick of Stone Cold for a while before he finally left TV. It was too much. Leave me wanting something. Don't do the same thing over and over and over. How long has this guy been wrestling? I think I can say its been nearly 20 years (if not more) since I first saw him on TV. Rey Mysterio has nothing to be ashamed of. But it is time for him to go. Now its time for him to hang back relax and do a legends contract. Rey. You've earned it. Good job. I look forward to seeing you in the HOF.

Damien Sandow. I really like him and I'm not insulted you feel differently. I think too many fans get so lost in their own personal gratification they forget that its ok to not like every last performer on the show. We all have our favourites. Our favourites can just as easily become stale all too fast and thats just the way it goes. And just because I think Sandow is great doesn't mean he has to be a main eventer. The best performers are the ones that do last for years and perform at all levels. That can change with the times, remaining entertaining and relevant. Ones like the aforementioned Rey Mysterio. Sandow has this potential. And I look forward to seeing what he can do.

Overrated: Tyson Kidd! I personally think hes going no where, sure hes good in the ring, but hes boring! He hasnt shown anything special on the mic, and his look is so average, he can be a spot monkey if they want but god! People on here act like he is Bret's second coming AND HE DEFINITELY IS NOT! If he was fired today berely anyone would notice it.

Underrated:Sin cara, He deserves a lot more respect than what he gets, people on here adore the indies and what wrestlers can do when given the freedom to actually "wrestle" yet they ignore Mistico's past, he was down right amazing in CMLL. Also he got put on the spot never even got a chance to study English or to go to developmental, and adapting to the american and specially the WWE style takes time. He also had one unlucky knee injury that sidelined him, and maybe they still dont let him talk but for all we know he might be getting good in English speaking by now. All in all he wasnt even given a real chance, and a lot of the "botches" hes famous for are not his fault, theyre the other guys fault that doesnt know how to handle those lucha libre moves, because he never botched feuding against Hunico(sincara2.0) who knows that lucha style well.

Just my two cents

Overrated: Big E Langston. Good on the mic but meh in the ring. He does the exact same moves every match. Atleast in the forums i've been on he's overrated.

Underrated: Sin Cara. When he started out he botched alot because he had trouble adjusting to the American style of wrestling and gained a bad rap. He's improved over time and has become quite decent.

Santino...shackled with a terrible gimmick even though he is hilarious. Has good mat skills if allowed to have somewhat of a more serious run to showcase them. Please someone kill the cobra!

Underrated : Kane- he doesn't really get any hate from the IWC but he really doesn't get any love either. All the praise for Team Hell No always seems to go to Daniel Bryan and not Kane. The last 2 years or so, I have really jumped on the Kane bandwagon after hating him for years. He is great on the mic, freaking hilarious in the comedy segments he is put in and is far and away the best big man in the business (possibly ever).

Overrated : Cody Rhodes - Weren't we all hyping him as a future champ around this time last year. Maybe this time next year he will be future endeavoured

Underrated : HHH- I see way too much hate for this guy in forums. People say he isnt an all time great and that the only reason he is at the top is because he married into the Mcmahon family. I think he is one of the best ever and has a bunch of classic matches.

Overrated : Dean Ambrose/CM Punk- both of these guys are overrated and for the exact same reason. Both are great on the mic but are an average size and nonathletic. Punk and Ambrose move around the ring at the pace you would expect a big guy or an old man to move around. They are both slow and have low verticals. They are good at executing moves but if you are that size you need to have more athletic matches than they do. Punk is obviously better than Ambrose but both aren't that great.

Overrated: Wade Barrett. No way should this guy touch a world title or even MITB briefcase as many suggest. He's a good talker, but he's average at everything else and his promos aren't so good as to counteract that. Whoever chooses his theme music hasn't done him any favors either.

Underrated: Dolph Ziggler. While he has a good number of fans among the IWC, his detractors tend to go over-the-top in putting him down. He's a great in-ring performer and his promos are solid and would probably come across better if he didn't have that voice of his.

Overrated: Wade Barrett. No way should this guy touch a world title or even MITB briefcase as many suggest. He's a good talker, but he's average at everything else and his promos aren't so good as to counteract that. Whoever chooses his theme music hasn't done him any favors either.

Underrated: Dolph Ziggler. While he has a good number of fans among the IWC, his detractors tend to go over-the-top in putting him down. He's a great in-ring performer and his promos are solid and would probably come across better if he didn't have that voice of his.

I disagree with Dolph Ziggler being underrated. Sure I don't like him so much, but to say he's underrated is like saying Bret Hart portrayed Papa Shango.

In my view, the guy I'd call underrated is Sheamus. The guy actually has a lot of moves and has a real old school wrestler-look. Too bad they turned him face and saddled him with a smiley, Irish folk tale telling gimmick. And the IWC blames him for all that. His feuds with Big Show and John Cena were actually good because they brought out the beast in him. Remember that look on his face @HIAC 2012 when he was about deliver the 2nd Brogue Kick to Big Show? That look was on the same levels of Warrior in his promos.

I disagree with Dolph Ziggler being underrated. Sure I don't like him so much, but to say he's underrated is like saying Bret Hart portrayed Papa Shango.

In my view, the guy I'd call underrated is Sheamus. The guy actually has a lot of moves and has a real old school wrestler-look. Too bad they turned him face and saddled him with a smiley, Irish folk tale telling gimmick. And the IWC blames him for all that. His feuds with Big Show and John Cena were actually good because they brought out the beast in him. Remember that look on his face @HIAC 2012 when he was about deliver the 2nd Brogue Kick to Big Show? That look was on the same levels of Warrior in his promos.

Great explanation for disagreeing with me. You even go as far as to say that you yourself don't like him. I've got to try this so I know what it feels like to be a genius:

To say Sheamus is underrated is like saying Owen Hart portrayed The Godfather.

I'd call Sheamus overrated. He gets love in all corners of wrestling fandom, from kids, to casuals, to the IWC. And all the while he kinda sucks. He's phony and pandering, he doesn't have a lot of moves, and he looks bizarre. Guess we'll agree to disagree.

Damnit, I screwed up. I gave reasons for disagreeing with you. I'm no good at this.

Underrated : HHH- I see way too much hate for this guy in forums. People say he isnt an all time great and that the only reason he is at the top is because he married into the Mcmahon family. I think he is one of the best ever and has a bunch of classic matches.

Hes not an all time great as he needs another all time great to put on a great match with him, and he cant cut a good promo. He is a solid worker and is certainly polished, but hes not up there with the shawn michaels, takers, flairs, mic foleys, and kenta kobashis.

Underrated : Kane- he doesn't really get any hate from the IWC but he really doesn't get any love either. All the praise for Team Hell No always seems to go to Daniel Bryan and not Kane. The last 2 years or so, I have really jumped on the Kane bandwagon after hating him for years. He is great on the mic, freaking hilarious in the comedy segments he is put in and is far and away the best big man in the business (possibly ever).

Overrated : Cody Rhodes - Weren't we all hyping him as a future champ around this time last year. Maybe this time next year he will be future endeavoured

Really good post, I also think Kane is underrated. Though I really don't like when he has a comedy gimmick and I always like his monster pushes much better but you are right when you say everybody likes to 100% credit the team to DB. At least from what I have seen

I agree with Cody being overrated too, but I think it's for a different reason. I think Cody was overrated as hell when he was in Legacy with DiBiase (who was also overrated). I also think the entire Nexus was overrated (though I am still a fan of Wade), and this is where I'm sure I will be disagreed with, I think the Shield is overrated. Whenever a heel stable is formed (in WWE specifically not so much TNA) everybodyyyy jumps on the bandwagon and overrates it

Long story short I think the IWC tends to overrate anybody involved in a heel stable

Also...

iv seen many threads, strings, cotton, sulk (do you get the bad joke;))

I can't believe nobody, other than the original poster, commented on just how terrible this joke is. Like, endearingly terrible.

Underrated: Randy Orton

It seems every forum I see where Randy Orton is mentioned, the word "boring" seems to follow. This is really weird to me. I understand that every one has their own opinion. Mine is that Orton seems to put on great segments every week, with top notch matches, and no stupid promos or nonsensical segments dragging them down. I can't remember the last Orton segment that I didn't enjoy because of Orton. Now obviously he isn't everybody's cup of tea, but when you see people saying he should get off tv, or turn heel or something, it seems crazy to me.

Overrated: Roman Reigns

I really dont enjoy Roman Reigns. Loads of people talk about how each member of the Shied is fantastic in their own way and has a bright future, and while this may be true of Reigns because of his "look", I cant help but find him pretty boring. He seems to roar an awful lot, and its always kind of awkward when he does. He just doesnt entertain me I'm afraid.

Great explanation for disagreeing with me. You even go as far as to say that you yourself don't like him. I've got to try this so I know what it feels like to be a genius:

To say Sheamus is underrated is like saying Owen Hart portrayed The Godfather.

I'd call Sheamus overrated. He gets love in all corners of wrestling fandom, from kids, to casuals, to the IWC. And all the while he kinda sucks. He's phony and pandering, he doesn't have a lot of moves, and he looks bizarre. Guess we'll agree to disagree.

Damnit, I screwed up. I gave reasons for disagreeing with you. I'm no good at this.

Let me explain why, while I don't like Dolph Ziggler, that he isn't under-rated.
He's a good wrestler, he's over even with some members of the casual crowd despite being a heel. He has had great matches over the years. No match of the year candidates, but some definite 4/5-4.5/5 star matches.

This profile, would look good on many superstars in my opinion. But why I find it hard to like him is because of his overselling and his crappy name.

Back to what you said : Sheamus is over-rated because he looks bizarre? He doesn't have a lot of moves? He's phony and pandering??

Let's answer all of those shall we:
1. Opinion is different from fact. I think Miley Cyrus looks stupid, but look at the number of men who have a crush on her. just because I find her unattractive doesn't necessarily mean she's ugly.

2. He has a lot more moves than you think. When you become face, your moves are cut down because you have to become a poor man's Hulk Hogan. But his finishers/signature moves alone include : Flying tackle, Irish Curse Backbreaker, Celtic Cross Powerbomb, Brogue Kick, White Noise, Cloverleaf. That's more than Cena, Ryback and Mark Henry, despite him being a powerhouse like these men.

3."Too bad they turned him face and saddled him with a smiley, Irish folk tale telling gimmick. And the IWC blames him for all that." This is from my previous post. WWE turning him face doesn't mean he's phony. Get your facts right.

Let me explain why, while I don't like Dolph Ziggler, that he isn't under-rated.
He's a good wrestler, he's over even with some members of the casual crowd despite being a heel. He has had great matches over the years. No match of the year candidates, but some definite 4/5-4.5/5 star matches.

This profile, would look good on many superstars in my opinion. But why I find it hard to like him is because of his overselling and his crappy name.

Back to what you said : Sheamus is over-rated because he looks bizarre? He doesn't have a lot of moves? He's phony and pandering??

Let's answer all of those shall we:
1. Opinion is different from fact. I think Miley Cyrus looks stupid, but look at the number of men who have a crush on her. just because I find her unattractive doesn't necessarily mean she's ugly.

2. He has a lot more moves than you think. When you become face, your moves are cut down because you have to become a poor man's Hulk Hogan. But his finishers/signature moves alone include : Flying tackle, Irish Curse Backbreaker, Celtic Cross Powerbomb, Brogue Kick, White Noise, Cloverleaf. That's more than Cena, Ryback and Mark Henry, despite him being a powerhouse like these men.

3."Too bad they turned him face and saddled him with a smiley, Irish folk tale telling gimmick. And the IWC blames him for all that." This is from my previous post. WWE turning him face doesn't mean he's phony. Get your facts right.

I don't think I've ever agreed with this guy, Dr., but he's right on point.

1) True statement.
2) A very valid argument. It's like morons who say Cena can't wrestle. He's not supposed to wrestle much. He's a face. It's his job to start off good, get beat up most of the match and then make a comeback. Daniel Bryan does it too. The marks' precious DZ will do it if he ever turns face. It's a fact of professional wrestling. And Sheamus has proven for a man of his size, he can go with anyone.
3) Just a nature of the beast. Faces pander sometimes. Now, have they made Sheamus too corny? Damn right.

Underrated: Kane. I've always loved Kane, but you can't deny he can, and has, gone with wrestlers of all shapes and sizes. He's extremely reliable and just an amazing worker. Does not get enough love for his talents.

Overrated: Wade Barrett. The guy is so generic it's unbelievable. The fact that they change his music annually has to be a sign that no one knows who this guy is most of the time. Has his booking helped? No. But if he were anywhere near as good as people on here make him seem sometimes, he'd have gotten over anyways.

There are a couple who spring to mind.

Underrated: The Miz - I'm sure some will vehemently disagree with this but The Miz is someone that I think hasn't been given nearly enough credit by the IWC, yet has gotten much more than his fair share of hate. The Miz was someone who was an annoying, arrogant heel who got under people's skin. He was endlessly criticized for this by members of the IWC for that and for cheating so much. The problem with that logic is that sort of behavior is precisely what a heel is supposed to do. His time as WWE Champion is sorely underrated in my opinion. He was criticized by smarks, dirtsheet writers, etc. for being a "weak champion" for cheating so often to retain. However, other wrestlers would go onto have World Championship runs that were similarly "weak", i.e. Bobby Roode in TNA, yet Roode was hailed as a great champ by the IWC. While Miz was WWE Champion, he ultimately accomplished what a main eventer is supposed to: he made you interested in the WWE Championship and what was going on around it. Whether you liked him or wanted to see him get his ass handed to him night after night, you still talked about him. You paid money to watch him at live events, you spend money to watch him do it at ppvs and you spent your Monday nights watching Raw to see what would unfold.

Underrated: Kane - Kane is a guy that, in my eyes, has never gotten enough credit for his overall contribution to wrestling. Very few guys of Kane's size have been able to sustain his level of activity and relevance in wrestling history. While I do agree that Kane is someone who will always be in The Undertaker's shadow to some degree, Kane is also someone who has been a consistently solid worker in the upper mid-card picture in WWE for most of the past 15 years or so. Even when saddled with crap feuds or programs, such as against guys like Big Daddy V or Great Khali, he's always worked hard and managed to generate at least some interest in such programs. As we've seen in the past few years, Kane is also someone who has also been underrated not only in the ring but on the mic as well. During the summer of 2010, during the time in which he claimed to be looking for whomever put Taker into a "vegetative state", he gave some solid gold, emotionally intense promos. He's also demonstrated, during his partnership with Daniel Bryan, that he can also be much more than a fairly uncomplicated monster heel that beats the snot out of everybody. I just think he's someone that's just been pretty underappreciated by the IWC.

Overrated: Zack Ryder - For quite a while, I constantly heard people begging & pleading for WWE to push Zack Ryder. I agree that Ryder is someone that has a lot of genuine personality and charisma, he's also worked hard to gain himself a following on the internet. However, the simple fact of the matter is that Ryder is someone who flat out simply is not as talented as he's hyped to be by the IWC. Ryder's character, which was basically a Jersey Shore party boy before the show Jersey Shore even hit the airways, was majorly one dimensional. That was plainly obvious when Ryder began to run out of steam with fans almost immediately after he won the United States Championship from Dolph Ziggler at TLC in December 2011. Ryder's character was considered "fun" or even "cute", but there was no long term staying power. Even after being injected into a program featuring Kane, John Cena & Eve; Ryder's charm was quickly fading among fans. I do think that Ryder MIGHT be someone who could make it at some point, but he's hardly the end all & be all he's been made out to be.

Overrated: Tyson Kidd - I think that Tyson Kidd is a good example of someone that has a lot of athletic ability and technical prowess. Kidd's problem has always been the same that affected another beloved IWC favorite by the name of Shelton Benjamin: he has the personality of a jar of mayonnaise that's been left outside in the summer heat for a month. If you're someone that isn't able to make some sort of personal connection with wrestling fans as a character, then it doesn't matter how many fancy flips and flops you can do; nor does it matter if you were the last graduate of The Dungeon. It's never a bad thing to have technical and athletic ability, don't misunderstand me on that, but Kidd is someone who simply hasn't demonstrated the charisma that's able to make fans latch onto him. Without that, all the technical knowhow, athletic ability, million dollar body, movie star looks, etc. doesn't matter and Kidd simply doesn't have it no matter how much the IWC might want him to.

Underrated: The Big Show - It's very rare to find a guy the size of Big Show who can be a credible monster in the ring, deliver a match with some decent moves and ring psychology, and also be effective in promos. There is a reason that he's stuck around this long in the WWE, and it's not just because of his size. He's an all-around talented performer. Granted, he's not going to be a Daniel Bryan in the ring. But what he will do is pair up very very well with virtually any wrestler in that ring. He can be the monster who makes the little guys look all the more awesome in the ring. He can be the guy who poses a legit threat to other big men like Kane or Mark Henry. I don't think he gets the credit he deserves, personally.

Overrated: Wade Barrett - Everyone seems to see the next big thing in Barrett; the next World Champion. I see a big guy with lots of muscles, a generic heel personality, and no ability to get over either in the ring or in promos. He's got the right "look", that's it.

Underrated: The Big Show. He gets so much hate from IWC, and I don't get why. He's one of the best big men of all time, I'd actually put him at #2, just below Undertaker and Kane, who I consider tied for #1. I hear all the time that he's a second-rate Andrè rip-off, but if you take a look at their abilities without bias, you'll see that Big Show is FAR superior to Andrè in the ring and on the microphone. Even in his prime and at a substantially lower weight, Andrè was extraordinarily limited in the ring. Big Show could wrestle circles around him, can cut a decent promo, and can hold a position anywhere on the card. Big Show is one of the most versatile stars on the WWE roster, able to work as a face or a heel, as a main eventer or a midcarder or a tag team specialist. WWE will lose a VERY valuable talent when Big Show retires.

Overrated: The Shield. I'm not going to discuss the three members individually since my feelings on them have been made clear on numerous occasions, but I feel the group as a whole is HIGHLY overrated. Their gimmick and videos are low quality nWo rip-offs, and their constant string of victories over everyone in existence went on WAY too long. I'm overjoyed that it finally ended. I can't wait for the group to break up and go their separate ways.

There are a couple who spring to mind.

Underrated: The Miz - I'm sure some will vehemently disagree with this but The Miz is someone that I think hasn't been given nearly enough credit by the IWC, yet has gotten much more than his fair share of hate. The Miz was someone who was an annoying, arrogant heel who got under people's skin. He was endlessly criticized for this by members of the IWC for that and for cheating so much. The problem with that logic is that sort of behavior is precisely what a heel is supposed to do. His time as WWE Champion is sorely underrated in my opinion. He was criticized by smarks, dirtsheet writers, etc. for being a "weak champion" for cheating so often to retain. However, other wrestlers would go onto have World Championship runs that were similarly "weak", i.e. Bobby Roode in TNA, yet Roode was hailed as a great champ by the IWC. While Miz was WWE Champion, he ultimately accomplished what a main eventer is supposed to: he made you interested in the WWE Championship and what was going on around it. Whether you liked him or wanted to see him get his ass handed to him night after night, you still talked about him. You paid money to watch him at live events, you spend money to watch him do it at ppvs and you spent your Monday nights watching Raw to see what would unfold.

I may be wrong, but I believe one of the problems the IWC had with The Miz was that despite being WWE Champ, he was still overshadowed by The Rock and John Cena during Wrestlemania season. He tried to step his game up, but he ended being no different/worse than his pre-"Rock hosting WM" gimmick.

Apart from that, great post. I agree with all the points you made, especially those about Zack Ryder and Tyson Kidd.

Underrated: The Miz - I agree with Jack-Hammer 100% on this. He isn't the best babyface but that guy is a tremendous heel and even back then he didn't get the respect he deserved from the IWC. When he's on the mic he feels organic and doesn't feel forced at all, he's not the best wrestler but he's passable but luckily he has enough charisma to raise him above just being average in the ring. I don't think what's going on with The Miz is because he's not good enough to be a main eventer, I just don't think WWE creative knows what to do with him.

Overrated: Dolph Ziggler - As someone who is over like rogue in the IWC I just don't see the appeal of this guy, I just don't see it. His shirt says "stealing the show". In all fairness I haven't seen this guy steal any show ever. He's a good wrestler but the way this guy sells makes me shake my head. Half my issues with his match is that his selling is SO over the top that I just don't buy anything this guy does in the ring, his selling is actually detrimental and it makes his work just come off as fake. I've never heard this guy give a promo where I bought anything he said. Ziggler is a mechanic, he isn't a main eventer and he isn't world champion material.

The reason I chose these 2 guys as my examples are very simple. Overall I buy The Miz, I buy his character, I buy his promo's, he's done enough where I can buy into what The Miz does. With Ziggler I never have, I just don't buy the guy. He hasn't done enough in my eyes that I can buy his character and get into it.

Here's a real life high school example of what I'm talking about:

There were 2 kids, 1 was me and 1 was a good friend of mine. Now my friend would always try to be popular, would buy clothes the popular kids would buy, same hair style, would often do the same things as the popular kid because he wanted to fit in.

I was the exact opposite, I didn't try to be popular, I bought the clothes I liked and did things I liked to do, not what someone else wanted me to do. My first week at the new school I was getting picked on initially for this, a few days go buy and some popular kids that were having fun with me called me over, said to me this girl really wants to ask you out. You can look at the girls face and know this is bullshit so I called them out on it. They said to me "you will do this or you will never hang with the popular kids again in this school", I walked off, didn't say a word. These kids later in the day started shoving me, so I shoved back, one of them I threw right down in the classroom, I said if he wanted to start something meet me outside after school, he backed off. The rest of the day they left me alone. The VERY next day every one that picked on me were acting nice to me, talked to me like a human, treated me with respect, asked me to hang out. 1 of them even pulled me aside and said "you know I was under the impression you were some loser ****** but you're actually a pretty cool guy". From that day forward I never had another issue.

My friend however would get more and more shunned every day at school until 1 day he was verbally torn to shreds by these exact same kids. I would stand up for him but they always said the same thing. "I can't stand that guy, he tries way too hard to be cool, its like he's a robot".

The point is they respected me because I acted the way I acted and stood up for myself, I did what I thought was right and what felt natural to me. My friend did the opposite and it caused him a lot of headaches over the next 3 years.

This story is exactly why I think The Miz is underrated and Ziggler is overrated. The Miz was scrutinized HORRIBLY when he first came into WWE as a reality TV has been. He acted like himself, did what felt natural, did what worked for him and eventually he got over strong enough that he main evented Wrestlemania. He didn't get over by acting like someone else he got over by acting like himself, by doing what felt natural. Although Ziggler tries his ass off he comes off as he's playing a character, he looks and feels unnatural in everything he does and because of that I don't buy the character.

In all movies, TV's, and books if you don't buy the premise and the characters aren't believable its almost impossible to get into the movie. I can't get into Zigglers character because its not believable, it looks and feels fake. You will never be a big name in wrestling unless what you do feels organic.

Haven't been reading the forums much lately, but here's a couple that come to mind.

Overrated: Cody Rhodes. I can't believe people still think he could be a future world champion. If he does, it's a huge insult to Goldust. (Who is far more over than Cody ever has been.) Sure, Cody is a good wrestler and his promos aren't bad, but he hasn't been interesting since 2011. "Disfigured" and "Dashing" Cody Rhodes were somewhat entertaining, but not to the level some people made them out to be.

Underrated: Tons of Funk. In general, it seems like if you're a big man wrestler, you're going to get hated on. Both Brodus and Sweet T are doing a fine job with the gimmick they have. (Good dance moves too.) Also, Brodus isn't bad in the ring. I remember seeing him do flying body presses on Superstars when he was a heel. (They weren't as good as Mike Knox's, but they weren't bad.) He also isn't bad in the promo department. (Go back and watch NXT season 4.) I've seen a little bit of Sweet T's work in Japan and you can see how much he's improved. It's a shame he can't show off more of that in the WWE, but the cannonball/flipping senton into the corner is pretty cool to see. He has more charisma than a lot of people would admit to.

Underrated: Darren Young. I see people saying he has no charisma. I don't agree. Titus might be more entertaining and more comfortable on the mic, but "D Young" can be pretty entertaining as well. He got to do more promo work on NXT season 5 which was pretty good and he's also a pretty good wrestler. I thought he was a pretty good heel during that time.

Overrated: Dolph Ziggler. Good wrestler. Unique look with the bleached hair and dark facial hair. His promo work is......ok. The "Show Off" is a terrible moniker and people on the internet were pretty much having an orgasm when he cashed in MITB. I was pretty much indifferent as Alberto Del Rio doesn't excite me much either. Yeah, he's a hard worker and it's something that he went from being a caddy to a cheerleader to World Champion. I still would've laughed if they had him be the second person to unsuccessfully cash in MITB.

Hes not an all time great as he needs another all time great to put on a great match with him, and he cant cut a good promo. He is a solid worker and is certainly polished, but hes not up there with the shawn michaels, takers, flairs, mic foleys, and kenta kobashis.
Why is he not on there level?

Wrestling is a team effort, every wrestler needs another great wrestler to put on a good match. HBK's best matches are with Taker and Bret Hart, CM Punk needed Cena and Daniel Bryan to put on five star matches, Austin needed The Rock and Hart. It takes two to put on a great match so I dont see why you are bashing HHH for needing someone.

He cant cut a promo? are you serious?...Hell HHH is better on the mic than Taker is. HHH isnt on the level of Rock, Punk or Austin on the mic but he can hold his own and is better than 90% of the current roster. Besides Punk, Cena, and Jericho, what current wrestler can cut a better promo than HHH?

You can't ask the IWC who they underrate. SOmeone is underrated because people aren't high on their skills. You can't ask the IWC who they underrate because then it technically doesn't make them underrated to the IWC, it just points out that they think its cool to put people down (though 99% of the time, thats the case).

But I already took the time to right this so I will participate.

Based on observation the most underrated is easy:

John Cena. He is the most popular guy in the business love him or hate him. He is the biggest draw and star in the business who works full time. He has had amazingly entertaining matches for years, has worked with guys to help get them on the map, and has done great work to help clean up WWE's image that at one point looked uncleanable.

I will throw in Sheamus and Randy Orton as well (even though 4 yrs ago, it was trendy to have your nose up their ass, now that they are star babyfaces, they all of a sudden suck/are boring....hipsters I tell ya) I also throw in Sin Cara (I remember when he first came in, he was so amazing to people on here and they were praying WWE didn't ruin him. Now he is Botch Cara lmfao and he sucks......HIPSTERS)

I will also say this. I don't think he is overrated at all because from Day 1, I thought he was friggin awesome and was a perfect heel and that Fandango. I remember when the only thing on here was people not wanting him to ever debut and memes of the praying guy with the headline "Please don't let Matt Striker ever pronounce his name right". Then one crowd starts singing his theme music and does something cool with him.....OH YEA HES AWESOME, HES THE MAN. (Welcome to the bandwagon that a couple of us had started before people even knew he was gonna work Jericho)

Overrated- Dolph Ziggler. I just dont see that "It factor" in the guy as much as rest of IWC. OK, he can oversell, but other than that he just doesnt have too much. Good for some midcard, dont see him that he can be more than that...

Overrated- Kofi Kigston. He is good worker but wastly overated in eyes of IWC in terms they think he deserves some greatness. Same as with Ziggler, just dont see him as that big deal.

Underrated- John Cena. Always hear the same old "He knows just 5 moves", "Boring, why he doesnt turn heel", "Why dont someone else takes his place when they have much better wrestlers" stuff about the guy. Though I could agree that he sometimes hogs too much spotlight for himself, he has that no1 spot for a reason and because he is good at what he does.

Underrated- Big Show. The guy doesnt get too much credit for what he does. He is in the industry for a long time and he does his role very well. And yet, you barely hear some praise about his work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back