UK Viewers - did any of you SKY+ Raw?

rge2010

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Have to say Sky Sports once again let me down. Raw was on live at 1am and because of work commitments, I normally watch the show Tuesday evening around 6pm. This week Piper came to the ring to do the Pipers Pit segment and my recording stopped.

Did anyone else have this problem? Its an absolute joke and Sky seems to be failing us Wrestling fans time and time again.

Dont get me started on their £14.95 PPV charges when I already pay around £20 a month for the Sports Channels.

I think it was because the actual programme on Sky Sports 3/HD3 was listed as 1am until 4am. The overrun was still used which pretty much contained all of the Piper's Pit segment. Sky+ probably assumed Raw was over at 4am.

Can't moan too much about the £14.95 charges. We do get free pay per views every other month (or so). So glad I didn't get the Haye/Harrison fight as that would be £30 for two weeks of pay per views!

Yeah, i was really p'ed off. I recorded it and although it was listed 1am to 4am, I set it to stop at 4:10am, but still missed the end of the show. They must have used all of the 15 minute over-run, grrrr...

Why blame Sky for something they probably didn't know about in advance? I can't remember 3 hour Raw's using an over run before now.

As for the PPV prices, they're still cheaper than in the US, and they have to pay every month.

We get Sky in Ireland aswell and the same thing happened!!! WTF Like. Still haven't got around to watching it on the web.

What's even worse is Smackdown - almost every week it starts later than scheduled usually because it follows some live event. My Virgin Media box doesn't recognise this and records only the time it was initially advertised at. Very annoying.

For people complaining. Simple solution. If Raw/SD have gone on longer then your thing can tape it for... how about you tape the next program as well? If its happening allot you might as well just tape what ever is next. That way you can watch all of Raw then delete it all once your down.

Usually Smackdown goes out last on Sky Sports 3 or 4 therefore there's no programme after it to record. The only solution is to record the Saturday repeat but it's still annoying.

Usually Smackdown goes out last on Sky Sports 3 or 4 therefore there's no programme after it to record. The only solution is to record the Saturday repeat but it's still annoying.

You can set your box to record after the programme's ended you know.

This is why I never bothered for a TV License of any kind when I first arrived in the UK. I watch Raw, Smackdown, Superstars, Impact and Reaction all on the internet a day after the shows, and I'm never really sold on the PPVs since the build is usually not that good and most of the show gets shown again on a following Raw/Smackdown/Impact or can be found online in short order. All for free. :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back