UFC 135: Jones vs. Rampage LD

Hughes, go away. You're quickly becoming the Brett Favre of MMA.

That's Sakuraba at this point, man. Lol.

Hughes does need to retire, but I really couldn't give a shit less. If he wants to get continuously knocked out, then that's fine by me.

Man, hopefully Rampage vs. Jones turns out to be a war. Gomi getting dominated has me regretting buying this card.

Maybe when he was younger and just coming over from his prime run in K-1, but you can say that for anybody. If Shogun had wrestling he'd be near unbeatable, if Lesnar had stand up, he'd be near unbeatable. Hunt is undoubtedly a once in a lifetime standup fighter between his chin and his power, but there is no way he can improve his wrestling and ground game enough to get to that point where he is "unbeatable" with the time he has left in the sport. Add that to the fact that his cardio is seriously lacking and he has to much to work on.

I'm not underestimating Rothwell. I'd never underestimate a professional fighter's skills. All i'm saying is that there are much better fighters than Rothwell in Hunt's way.

I'm so fucking ready for this fight. It's going to be absolutely amazing.

Fair enough, Fizzy. That was just the best Hunt's ever looked on the ground and TDD wise. It obviously makes me optimistic for the future since he FINALLY seems to start taking it seriously.

It's a mixture of a few things. I'm a huge Jones fan, and can't wait for him to shut the haters the fuck up for one. They're getting fucking ridiculous. Two, I just have an odd feeling that this fight is going to be crazy. I have a feeling that this is going to be one of the biggest, best fights of all time. I've always liked Rampage as well and like you, feel he will put on the performance of his life for this fight. The combination of the three make me chomping at the bit for the fight to start. It's the same feeling I got before Carwin and Lesnar. No other form of entertainment in the world can get me as excited as a huge MMA fight.

People don't like Jones because of his personality, which I don't get. I guess when they see a black guy fighting they want him to act like a thug instead of normal and a tad bit cheesy.

As far as Jones in the cage... I don't think anyone can deny the talent he possesses. The only thing people can continue to question is whether or not he has a chin, but if he never gets punched in the face... what does it matter?

Personally, I like Jones, and I do believe he's the best Light Heavyweight in the World. That said, in a superfight between he and Anderson Silva, I'm taking Anderson. I also think Machida would be a really tough fight for Jones, and I'm not completely counting out Rashad, either.

I'd take Anderson as well, but that may be due to my sheer nuthuggery of him. I see a fight with Machida going the same way the Page fight did. Machida can cover distance fast, but Jones covers it faster and has a huge reach advantage. I don't know who can beat him outside of a haymaker that actually lands.

Rashad can wrestle, Rashad has a good ground game; something that Rampage lacks. Rashad also knows Jones inside and out and how Greg Jackson trains his fighters. Rashad will beat Jones.

Wow, thinking back, I really don't like Jon Jones; I just don't.

Also, I'd take Anderson over Jones any day. Don't get me wrong though, even though I can't stand the guy, he's a top 5 (probably 4) fighter pound for pound. He's good; I just don't like his "innocent" personality. It has nothing to do that he's black either, I just don't like people (especially fighters) who think they're so perfect and innocent like Jones does. Jones is mad cocky too, which I'm really not a fan of either.

To everyone saying that Silva could beat Jones, remember what Chael Sonnen managed to do to Anderson? Jones would absolutely destroy him on the ground.

I think Rashad does have a chance to truly be the one that tests Jones, and that's because of how incredible he looked when he obliterated Tito.

I see the Rashad fight going just like the Rampage fight minus the sub. Rashad will get frustrated when he can't get inside on Jones, just like Rampage did.

The sky is the limit for him. I'm in shock over that fight. I don't want to overhype him, but I truly feel he may be the best fighter we have ever seen. Only time will tell.

Chael was able to do that to Anderson with badly hurt ribs, and Chael still lost.

Damn, I hope Chael beats Stann and gets a rematch with Silva. I've actually come to like Sonnen, but holy fuck I want him to get another crack at Anderson so he can get his fucking ass kicked pillar to post, and we can finally stop this Anderson lacks wrestling nonsense. Listen, I know Anderson's least best attribute is his wrestling, but that doesn't necessarily mean he has weak takedown defense. Damien Maia wasn't able to take Anderson down, and it's not like Maia is shit at wrestling.... he's actually quite good. I mean, just look at what he did to Chael Sonnen:

2nbrjmf.jpg

Now, if Maia was able to pin Sonnen against the cage and then throw him down like he was fighting a Japanese school girl, then why wasn't he able to do the same to Anderson Silva?

And that, once again, forces me to bring up Silva's ribs in the Sonnen fight. I just have to believe that if Silva had the same mobility in the Sonnen fight that he had in the Maia fight, Sonnen wouldn't have been able to get him to the ground as many times as he did.

Everybody overlooks the fact that Anderson has a black belt in Judo. He understands every single throw Jones will attempt and knows how to defend them. Jones's primary takedowns come from the clinch with throws and Anderson is as good in the clinch as anybody in MMA. Could Jones shoot and take Anderson down? Of course and he'd likely finish him there. Could Jones catch a knee to the face while shooting? Yes he can. It's a fucking intriguing fight, but it would not be one sided in the slightest.

Jones could not finish Anderson on the ground, IMO. Chael was on top of Anderson for 4 and a half rounds, throwing down his hardest punches and elbows the entire time, and Anderson didn't have a cut or bruise on his face. Why? Because he took the weak shots and avoided most of the big ones. He would do the same if caught on the bottom with Jones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back