UFC 121 - Lesnar vs. Velasquez Prediction Contest!

Turd Ferguson

DA-DA Da Da Da Bah Da Da DADADA
This is the prediction contest for UFC 121: Lesnar vs. Velasquez! DO NOT post your picks in this thread. PM your picks to me whenever you are ready. You must have your predictions in by 7:00 EST Saturday Night.

When you make your picks, you have to pick whoever you think will win, the amount of confidence points you assign to each fighter, the method of victory (strikes, sub hold or decision), and the round (or decision). Regular fights are 3 rounds. Championship fights are 5 rounds. There is ONE title fight on this card.

Here are two examples of correct predictions:

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira vs. Luiz Cane
Winner: Nogueira (4)
Method of Victory: Strikes
Round: 1

A correct prediction here would net 6 points.

Quinton "Rampage" Jackson vs. Keith Jardine
Winner: Rampage (6)
Method of Victory: Decision

A correct prediction here would net 8 points. If you predict a decision, that is how you should go about predicting it.

I will be sending my picks to JMT225 so that there is no suspicion of cheating.

If you need reference for how this works, or have any questions, check out this thread: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=112934

I will not be reminding anyone about confidence points... it's your responsibility to understand the system.

Boxer38 will be putting his title on the line against Fizzy for this card. Best of luck to the both of them!

Use the provided link to pick fights. You will be predicting 11 fights, which is the entire card... so assign your confidence points accordingly.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/UFC-121-Lesnar-vs-Velasquez-14039

UFC Heavyweight Championship

Brock Lesnar vs. Cain Velasquez
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Jake Shields vs. Martin Kampmann
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Paulo Thiago vs. Diego Sanchez
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Tito Ortiz vs. Matt Hamill
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Brendan Schaub vs. Gabriel Gonzaga
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Court McGee vs. Ryan Jensen
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Patrick Cote vs. Tom Lawlor
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Michael Guymon vs. Daniel Roberts
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Sam Stout vs. Paul Taylor
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Gilbert Yvel vs. Jon Madsen
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Dongi Yang vs. Chris Camozzi
Winner:
Method of Victory:
Round:

Really disappointing turnout for what was such a big card. Many thanks to those who participated. We only had 7 participants.

Fizzy didn't turn any picks in so Boxer38 retains his title by default. He also had a huge score of 61 points. I truly am amazed at how much he kicks ass at these.

For #1 Contendership...

GuyCompton - 53
JMT225 - 46
Dave - 44
IndyJon - 43
Dressler - 39
Buffalo Dave - 37

I highly doubt I'll be able to beat Boxer38 for the UFC 122 card.

i think if you dropped the confidence points system more people might participate im not a fan of it, its why i dont participate in these anymore because i think its kind of stupid. but whatever if you dont want to take my advice no big deal, i bet this will be deleted for "spam" anyway lol just voicing my opinion

The confidence point system is in place to prevent ties and for the most part, it works as there is always a clear winner for the title and the #1 contendership for the next card.

Plus, it requires the participant to think for 5 minutes.

The confidence point system will not be going away, thanks for the unsolicited recommendation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back