Twisted Tea....PG-13??

Funkydr79

Occasional Pre-Show
I understand product placement and all that, but I just watched the horrible Twisted Tea add they just did.

#1 - it was horrific. Adam Rose is turning into a joke (even though he's actually talented), and it was one of Santino's worst segments in a while

#2 - WWE has been building its brand to be kid friendly for years. Now, they do an on air segment that appeals to kids (dancing bunny, Adam's rosebuds dancing) about an alcoholic beverage? Not even one mention of the fact that this is not an appropriate drink for kids. No warning, nothing.....

I understand if a kid asks their parents for it, the responsible parent will let them know that it's not appropriate for them but still.....some consistent branding on the part of WWE should be taking place.

I'm probably reading way too much into this, but does anyone else find this awkward at all.

Your local gas station has Twisted Tea. Stone Cold, John Cena, and The Rock downed beer in front of children at Wrestlemania 30. Who really cares if Rose didn't come with a warning label?

Sports are geared to people of all ages, yet they are mainly sponsored by alcoholic beverages...many of which have fun advertisements that kids can find entertaining. It has nothing to do with what the product is rated.

Yeah you are reading too much into this, honestly for no apparent reason. Yes as Spidey pointed out - SCSA, Hogan and The Rock had a beer celebration at WM30. I personally found WWE airing a live product endorsement like Twisted Tea funny.

I don't think people on here really understand what PG means. It means, "Parental Guidance", it's a show with a wide demographic and if kids are to watch it they should do so with their parents. They can promote an alcoholic drink, they could promote a local stripclub if they really wanted to, it wouldn't make the product any less PG.

"Adam Rose is turning into a joke."

Turning into? You mean his whole rave "Party Monster" gimmick isn't a joke?

It was just a silly time filler segment. Was it corny? Yeah it was. The product placement isn't going to hurt anyone. I highly doubt it's going to cause kids to beg their parents to get them that tea. And if kids do ask about the tea then it's up to the parent to tell them they can't have it.

People on here seem to think that PG means Sesame Street or Mickey Mouse cartoons. PG is "Parental Guidance". It means they recommend that parents watch with their kids. How is promoting Twisted Tea during a wrestling show different from all the beer commercials during the Super Bowl or a hockey game?

PG most certainly means Parental Guidance,it is a rather wide term i will give you that.. IF adam Rose wants to promote something whether it be alcohol or strip clubs,then the parents should answer their kids if asked what Adam is doing...

Adam Rose will soon be an afterthought,it wont matter what he promotes

Jerry Lawler got away with mentioning a Lemon Party recently... I highly doubt that having a twisted tea commercial hurt their rating.

It's not like they are pouring the beverages down the kid's throats themselves. Alchohol is everywhere! Not sure what advertisements are like in the U.S but over here in good ol' England, Alcohol is shown all day, everyday! Plus, it's PG. The parents should be there to advise their children to stray away from alcohol anyway. My opinion? No harm is being done and you're looking WAY to far into it. The world is becoming too bubblewraped these days. I appreciate your concern though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back