• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Triple H heading the new developmental department

Dwayne_Jason

Do I have everybody's attention now
So a while ago, HHH was really into revamping the developmental department of the WWE and now He's going to go ahead with it.

He first introduced Sin Cara, a legendary Lucha Libre. This kinda shows that this might be a great thing. I think HHH has enough experience to separate the good. the bad and the great.

What will be his next move?

Do you want him to recruit JR to look for new wrestlers?
Do you want him to revamp FCW and get back OVW

Your thoughts on weather this if good or bad

Signing Sin Cara was a great addition ONLY if he will be utilized properly and ignites the dead cruiserweight style of wrestling. His debut was very interesting considering the fact he took out Sheamus (one of HHH's boys). Time will tell if this is a good move. In regards to HHH and his decisions, what he puts out and brings in is gonna determine how well this works. Considering his persona and attitude, I just hope he doesn't bury any existing young talent or further bury anyone else. Hunter has lot of experience as a wrestler but how good is he and finding talent and furthering talent?

Trips buried guys to put himself in the spotlight. From what I've heard, when he's not involved in an angle, he's actually fairly reasonable about pushing new guys. Can't remember where I heard that, though.

Anyway, have to see how he handles the new talent in order to have any idea how well this works, but Trips is a smart guy, if somewhat arrogant and paranoid, so I have faith in him.

I'm glad Triple H will be running the new development department. He will push young superstars who have a future. Hopefully he and JR will work together and sign some new talent.

I would like Triple H to try and sign:

Shelton Benjamin - Exceptional talent, misused earlier in his career but is a great athelete and always should be wrestling for the top company

El Generico - Great young high flying talent, talented worker on the indy scene

Johny Gargano - Again another young indy worker who will have a great future with a large company

I think Triple H should push FCW talent such as:

Seth Rollins - Amazing young talent who has a big future

Percy Watson - Good worker and very charasmatic

Xavier Woods - Young and talented athlete

Just one note, Sheamus sold very well that Sin Cara move!! He landed perfectly, very good for BOTH!!

Now about HHH, i dont know what he wants to do, but for sure he knows more about WWE fans, than every WWE President, who dont give a fuck to his fans, only to his money!! Or else, he should had did a great year and not fckg every good storyline!!

Good idea for HHH to head the new recruitment dept. I don't know if the WWE recruits heavily outside of the US but perhaps extend that to other parts of the world. Seeing guys like Wade Barrett, Sheamus, Drew McIntyre has brought something different to the WWE.

I' m really excited by this appointment of HHH. I think if his first signing for the WWE was Sin Cara, then his eye for talent is exceptional and I am very excited about future international talent that he will sign up along with his new team.

HHH definately knows what the fans want so I'm over the moon they gave him a spot like this, because there were clearly too many company men in this position before hand who didn't have the necessary experience and knowledge.

Roll on HHH, show us what you can do!

This is an exciting prospect for the wwe. HHH knows wrestling, he loves it and is exactly the kind of guy who should be at the head such a department. There`s a balance between business and the actual product that is needed, over the years there haven`t been such a balance and the product suffered.

my God is that all u guys could say?? lets see how triple h buries the talent and all that crap..get over it..why would he sign talent to then bury them, especially at his age..fact of the matter is triple h is a student of the game and nobody knows whats better for the business than a former wrestler..for the most part...guys like hhh, hbk, and others know what fans want and like..he already signed a huge mexican superstar and im actually looking forward to when he just takes over..he'll put all the right ppl to make sure to have a good WRESTLING show and all the right superstars to do it with...

I wonder if this means the era of the big man is over or at least signing new ones for their size. From past promos it appears that Triple H isn't very high on big men (unless talented) especially when he mocked Khali and Big Show at one point during promos which is a contrast from Vince McMahon who seems to sign people soley based on their size.

This is fantastic news and is the start of a very bright future for the WWE. I don't care what anyone says, Triple H knows this buisness better than just about anybody and he knows what it takes to succed and what stars need to be to make it in WWE. Signing Sin Cara is already a huge step in the right direction, but I will wait to see how he progresses before jumping to any conclusions.

With someone who knows as much as Triple H bringing in the stars of tommorow I can see great things in the coming years.

c-note: Triple H has a history of burying other talent so it is not crazy for people to be weary of his new position.

Personally though, I hope the signing of Mistico shows he is open to all different types of wrestler. The product has suffered from too many similar types recently. WCW was so successful as a wrestling show because of the Japanese and Mexican influences, the Attitude era had awkward/large/ECW types (Foley, Rikishi etc.) near front and centre - if it was just The Rock x20 then it wouldn't have worked as well. The 'golden age' was lucky enough to have the natural disasters as well as the rockers, kumalas as well as sid justices. The main events of all these shows may have been similar sizes and types but variety made the whole show. PPV buyrates recently have been suffering, in my humble opinion, because people aren't finding it worth it to buy 3 hours worth of the same thing. Signings like Mistico and Bryan Danielson recently could change that.

Triple H might not be the best but he damn sure knows what makes for good talent. He cares about the WWE fans and with him still being young, he can relate to us more than Vince. I believe that Vince was into talent who can kick your ass on a daily basis (Batista, John Cena, Triple H, Brock Lesnar, Skip Sheffield, Mason Ryan), but notice the names are not the best workers by far compared to new talent pushed by a younger Triple H (Drew McIntyre, Sheamus, Sin Cara). My point is, we will start to see young stars become our new regular basis champions. Soon our Cenas, Ortons, HHHs, Edges will become our Zigglers, Morrisons, Sheamus', and McIntyres. Vince may have slept on most stars as of now (Kingston, Morrison, Ryders) but I'm damn sure HHH notices the talent that's there and he will definitely start to really capitalize on head start he already has to work with. IMO the best thing for talent right now. If you have any athletic or wrestling abilities I suggest you find a place in WWE cause now the opportunity has become even greater.

I love it. Say what you will about him (klique, stephanie marriage, etc), everyone has always commended HHH on his love of wrestling and the time he puts into it.

jericho praised him heavily in his book. and wrestlers who were around in his wcw/early wwf days knew there was something about him that made them think he was going to be big.

hhh has done everything there is. accomplished everything he could. he knows there isn't anything left for him to do now. and lets face it. vince mcmahon isn't getting any younger. he doesn't know what people want these days. hhh does.

him recommending JR as a talent evaluator is the first in what will probably be many good decisions he will make behind the scenes. jr knows talent.

Does it make any sense for 3H's to sign new talent, then bury them? How pointless is that? Anyway Hunter has been sticking his nose in business of being backstage since his days in WCW, I think he has an idea of which talents will work for WWE. Sin Cara looks to be a great signing, now if wants to revamp FCW and like another person on here said, bring OVW back into the picture, all the better. If new talent eyed by himself and possibly JR(who we all know can scout talent)get to split guys up between FCW and OVW and maybe even have those two do limited road shows (FCW can travel around FL,GA,LA,SC,NC,TX and VA, while OVW can travel around OH,IL,Mo,and all around the midwest). Pretty much they should form WWE regional territories. That way green talent can get popular in those areas (like the good old days)and then be elevated to WWE with some actual experience. Also, it couldn't hurt to have vets with experience like Chavo, Regal, and Truth work matches and feud with these young talents so they have a better working knowledge when they get called up. Just some ideas. Good luck 3H's.

I think its a good move... I feel like the leaders of the Attitude Era (HHH, Stone Cold, The Rock, UnderTaker) and other veterans who are or are about to retire like Edge, and Jericho would have an exceptional balance of old school and cutting edge styles and methods in the ring and for who to acquire as talent in order to please fans and do well as officials for the company.

maybe he can revitalize the non-existant Tag division, make it great again like it was 10 years ago. this shit now is a joke, ugly belts that are just props for storylines. I dont know what VKM's problem is with the Tag division, but a lot of his decisions as of late makes me feel as though it's time for him to step down and turn over the helm to someone that will make it exciting again to anyone that isnt a little kid.

but thats just me!

Well, since he has a huge love for the business, I'm stoked!

The guy has a passion for the business. He loves the business. So he will look for work ethic, character, and execution. He won't just find a guy who has the look and just work with him. He will break that guy down and make him a wrestler.

If you remember the first tough enough. He made an statement to those guys. He was brutal to them. Very brutal to that cast. It was very effective in my opinion. A lot of the smiles from the cast members went away. He shed reality on them, then worked them right after that.

That's the kind of guy I want in charge of the developmental program. He won't just try to build something that isn't there.

Two thumbs up!

I dont have a lot to add to the discussion as a lot of people have argued the points I was planning to discuss. I think this is a great decision by the WWE. Triple H knows what the product looks like and can bring in superstars (not wrestlers anymore, lol) that can help the product grow. I know a lot of people have gripes about Triple H, but as far as business goes, there isnt another guy I would want in that position.

Cuddlebuns84 - You make a perfect argument about Triple H's passion for the business. As far as superstars go, he truly has a passion for the business that goes well beyond those of guys like Cena, Orton, and Miz. I believe it is rivaled by the Undertaker's passion, but thats just a digression.

Since its understandable that he will be married to the CEO someday, he wants to bring guys in that can make the company money.

It's still too early to make a judgement call on HHH's role in developmental. Bringing in Sin Cara was a tremendous decision in my eyes but until we've seen more of Sin Cara and how he is booked in the coming weeks and months, I'll hold off on singing my praises or criticisms. I will say that having Sin Cara make a statement on Sheamus, a former WWE Champion and current US Champion, is a step in the right direction. I'm also liking the potential of signing more international talent. Hopefully, this will lead to some fresh blood in the title picture and refreshing storylines, not to mention memorable matches. This could very well be the next chapter towards a bright future for WWE.

Does it make any sense for 3H's to sign new talent, then bury them? How pointless is that?

Perhaps the current talent will be buried by all these new guys? Who knows. I don't really care who they bring to the WWE if creative doesn't know what to do with them. That's really what matters in the end. Look at all the fresh talent from The Corre and Nexus. All those guys have potential and their roles are going nowhere right now. Nexus wasn't at WM, Corre got buried in 2 min. I don't know which is worst.... And Sin Cara will be forgotten in a month if they don't push him right.

Let's see what happens. Triple H is a good wrestler in all aspects of the business so I think he would be able to spot guys that Vince, et al would not be able to given that he has all that experience. If he was behind Sin Cara than that's a really great decision. Anyone else thing that WWE should look over to sign some of the great Japanese stars (if of course they can communicate with American fans).

Also somewhat off topic, but who thinks that Undertaker would make another excellent top talent agent for his future with the WWE?

Well I think that it would suck overall, he has a personal hatred towards the indie guys because the fans like to blast HHH all the time, so we can't get any great pure wrestlers to come into wwe as soon as vince leaves, or maybe hhh will be nice enough to do so.

If HHH signing or at the very least pushing to have Sin Cara signed is any indication of what we're in for, then I can only see this a benefit for the future of the WWE. Its not like the current system is that great right now anyway.

The original article mentioned he wants to focus on worldwide recruitment which means a variety of different styles will be introduced, which can only benefit the product and is something we got a taste of when Sin Cara debuted.

It also mentioned a focus on character developement, which IMO is really needed. A lot of the new guys coming up are pretty generic, and lack character.

As it sounds now HHH is going to improve the development system greatly, and hopefully bring in new faces that will stick around for a while and make an impact.

I think it's fantastic that HHH is being put in charge of this. I think folk going on about HHH burying them don't really get it. He's not going to bury folk when he's not the one wrestling them... Why would he bring people in just to bury them that just makes no sense he's far to smart for that.

Sure his mates are more likely to get the go ahead more often than folk he doesn't like but thats true in all aspects of life. Find me a company where that doesn't happen. If HHH brings in a bunch of great talented wrestlers and pushes them to the top because he brought them in will people still complain? Reports from the tour where he was doing most of the work behind the scenes seem to suggest the wrestlers liked the way he worked so I'm all for it. He gets the buisness I don't think anyone can deny that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back