Ricardo Rodriguez - Push Worthy?

THEpapachamp

YOUR POST IS GONNA GET GOT!!!
For those who follow WWE Developmental (FCW) know that Alberto Del Rio's personal ring announcer Ricardo Rodriguez made his debut in 2010 as Chimaera. A very talented lucha libre wrestler.

[YOUTUBE]pFWYQECfd-o[/YOUTUBE]

Ricardo Rodriguez is a tremendoes talent in the ring but he gets no chance to shine as a wrestler the one time he was able to get into a WWE (NXT) ring.

[YOUTUBE]9z6TRYwpGBM[/YOUTUBE]

My question is should Ricardo Rodriguez be given a push against Del Rio or even over on Smackdown to help the likes of Sin Cara and newcomer soon Averno?

Or is he just perfect where he is and doesn't deserve a push?

after watch raw last week i think he will either be the face or heel against del rio
after big show got hit by the car he was yelling at ricardo saying hes a idoit so i think a a push is now for him

Yes! He definitely deserves a push. I loved Ricardo ever since I saw him and he's a good wrestler too. I think he should be pushed further. What surprised me is how different he looks as Chimera! I think he should use that character though.

We'll probably see him tag with Alberto a couple times in the futrue and maybe him being under a mask when him and Alberto have falling out but there wont be a fued there I just dont see that

We'll probably see him tag with Alberto a couple times in the futrue and maybe him being under a mask when him and Alberto have falling out but there wont be a fued there I just dont see that

To me they seem to start the same thing between Del Rio and Rodriguez that they had for Miz & Riley. With Rodriguez getting more and more involved every week and Del Rio blaming him things while Rodriguez just takes it.

Not sayin it will happen.. but I would love to see Ricardo go crazy and attack Del Rio a few months from now lol

If Virgil was allowed to wrestle back in 1987 why not Ricardo in 2011. Ricardo is way more talented then a lot of sidekicks I have seen in the WWE. I would love to see Ricardo go face and join Santino and form a new tag team.

yes, but not too soon. they are just now pushing riley. let him continue in the same path for at least a couple more months. the wwe rushes things sometimes. they should just let this one develop. plus, as bad as ricardo was on nxt (kayfabe of course) they need to make it believable of why he can now all of a sudden wrestle. have him tag with del rio in a couple months, then build descension like most tag teams.

Of course Ricardo will get his chance to shine and wrestle. It's just like when Tajiri came in WWE as Regal's assistant. Tajiri didn't wrestle for 3 or 4 months maybe longer. Ricardo is in prime position, he's seconding a main eventer and his character is beginning to get depth. His time will come and when it does people will care and that's the whole point.

I think they have full intentions of eventually using Ricardo Rodriguez as a wrestler. Why else would they bother having him signed to a developmental contract? I think an interesting angle would be for him to wrestle under a mask for a few months, get demasked, and then have Alberto Del Rio be shocked that he can actually wrestle. As it stands, I don't think he could be much more than a comedy character unless he got a serious character makeover.

Not totally on topic, but I thought it would have been cool if Brodus Clay won NXT4, and won the tag titles with Ricardo--after all, Alberto Del Rio sort of stopped showing up to NXT by the end of the season, and allowing Brodus to carry the team and win the belts practically by himself would have made him look dominant. Plus, it would have been better than the awesome angle we have going with Johnny Curtis right now...

But yeah, I think he could wrestle at some point... I'd like to see something different than the "Virgil" storyline, which we've seen a few times before, though. I like what Brighamosity said, having Ricardo wrestle under a mask, unbeknownst to everyone. That'd be a cool, surprising storyline!

To me they seem to start the same thing between Del Rio and Rodriguez that they had for Miz & Riley. With Rodriguez getting more and more involved every week and Del Rio blaming him things while Rodriguez just takes it.

Not sayin it will happen.. but I would love to see Ricardo go crazy and attack Del Rio a few months from now lol

The difference is Riley was already a wrestler and too most fans they dont know Ricado wrestles. Theres a big difference between a ring announcer and whatever you wanna call Riley.

I had never seen Ricardo wrestle as Chimaera. He's very good in the ring. And he was excellent playing the "klutzy buffoon" in his NXT match. I remember an interview I read with Alberto and he said one of the hardest things he had to do in transitioning from a masked wrestler to an unmasked wrestler was realizing his facial expressions were a part of the show now. Ricardo seems to have that down as well. From what I saw in those two clips and his overall work with Alberto I think Ricardo is definitely worthy of a push.

hell yeeah he deserves it but not now and i'm afraid that if he get a feud with Del Rio after that he will be buried

i just don't see him getting a push. He's a descent wrestler but as Rodriguez he just doesn't have the look or credibility. As Chimera he can get a push. Have Del Rio "injure" RR. Maybe he can play a dual role where he get's a relative(Chim) to get revenge for him. There he could use both roles effectively.

Are you sure those two were the same man? The physique is certainly different. Ricardo Rodriguez has jelly legs (called tofu legs in some parts of the world). Athletes don't have weak and soft legs.

Everybody here is saying "push" him. Push him to do what? Wrestle? If he wants to return to wrestling, I'm sure all he need to do is ask... And base on what does he "deserve the push", just that 2 clips alone?

Are you sure those two were the same man? The physique is certainly different. Ricardo Rodriguez has jelly legs (called tofu legs in some parts of the world). Athletes don't have weak and soft legs.

Everybody here is saying "push" him. Push him to do what? Wrestle? If he wants to return to wrestling, I'm sure all he need to do is ask... And base on what does he "deserve the push", just that 2 clips alone?

They are definitely the same man, I've seen him wrestle in person at FCW shows, and they have the same tattoos.

A lot of wrestlers have "soft" physiques look at Husky Harris, Umaga, etc. etc. Also a lot of luchadors especially tend to have that type of build look at Super Crazy.

Lastly, I don't think he can just ask to wrestle. I can't remember where I read the interview, but basically he said he'd only been in developmental for a very short time when they called him up to be ADR's announcer. A lot of guys that are in developmental never make it to the main roster, so he took an opportunity that was available to him. I'm sure he'd rather be wrestling though, that's what he got in the business for.

Ricardo entertains me more than Del Rio. His random little things like drop kicking someone while wearing a tuxedo or him throwing in a cheap shot in English while introducing Del Rio in Spanish are all better than Del Rio doing/saying the same shit, different week/show.

That and I love the fact that he looks like an obese Cody Rhodes. Push him not Del Rio!

He looks a little bit ******ed IMO XD
But why not? He is only 25 years old and i rather see him than Primo or Tyson Kidd xD
OMFG just thinking "Is he WWE Championship Material"? xD

It would look cool to see him as WWE Champion xD

As Ricardo Rodriguez, he shouldn't get a push. He's fine where he is right now. As his Chimaera gimmick though? Hell yes. They could very well do a similar angle with him as they did with Hurricane a few years back. He could assume to be the clumsy Roberto Rodriguez, while also wrestling as Chimaera and pretending that's not him haha. I've always wondered how it would look like if Chimaera were to fight Sin Cara.

He will get a push sooner or later WWE are slowly introducing us to his wrestling ability as of late the dropkick he did on raw a few weeks back was actually quite good. And the video that the OP posted impressed me more i think a lucha dividion could work with him (as Chimaera), Sin Cara, Mysterio, Chavo and Averno all being the foundations of it.

I think a lucha division would be freaking bomb. There is nothing like watching sin cara backflip off the top rope every friday on sd, and being able to have a belt to shoot for would make the matches that much more exciting. If it happens, however, I want del rio banned. I can't stand the adr character. Terrible.

I think a lucha division would be freaking bomb. There is nothing like watching sin cara backflip off the top rope every friday on sd, and being able to have a belt to shoot for would make the matches that much more exciting. If it happens, however, I want del rio banned. I can't stand the adr character. Terrible.
And it doesnt even have to be just lucha althought i would be frickin AWESOME sorry Miz lol, but with Primo and Tyson Kidd hanging round I have no doubt this will work, heck even throw a mask on the latter 2 just to keep it lucha how awsome would it be for a money in the bank to cash it on a lucha title, totally AWESOME.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back