Trevor Murdoch

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Man They Call WMD

Check Out My Spoiler Page
He says he has re-signed with the WWE and it appears to be legit. Here's the article.

- Former WWE star Trevor Murdoch, who had recent tryout matches with the company, says he's returning soon. Here are some highlights from an interview with Pitch.com.

How do you feel about returning to WWE?

I've been doing this since I was 18 years old. So I'm at an age where when I went to WWE the first time I was 25 years old and I'm really excited that I'm still at a young enough age that I'm going to be able to go back and do some good things on TV. My [5-year-old] son is now old enough to see me and understand that daddy is on TV and he loves pro wrestling. So I'm fired up to be able to get back to working on TV again for sure.

You recently had a tryout with WWE. How did that go?

They went great actually. The first night I wrestled Evan Bourne. The second night I wrestled Jey Uso. My concern going back wasn't the wrestling part. It was there's a lot of new faces on the WWE roster. They're almost all new faces. And I was concerned that I was going to get back there and on one was going to know me or everyone was going to snub me a little bit. "Who's this guy?" and "he's just going to try to take our spot." But when I went back, everyone was super nice and were extremely respectful and excited to see me. It was a very welcoming experience. Not to mention that I had two really good matches.

Do you have an indication of what WWE wants you to do when you get there?

No, actually. I'm kind of an open book and can do whatever I gotta do to have a good time but also to put on some good matches and also focus more on the sports entertainment side rather than just the pro wrestling. When I went in the first time, I wouldn't say I was naive, but I was more focused on the just the wrestling part. Whereas, now that I'm a little bit older and I look back on it ... I'm going to focus just as much on the entertainment part as I am the wrestling part. The last time I was there, I was like, I was trained by Harley Race. The cream will rise to the top. I'm a pro wrestler. As long as I have great matches, everything will be fine. That's only one part of it.

Thoughts?

I was actually thinking about him a few weeks ago and how much Jeremiah from Tough Enough reminds me of him. I could maybe see them working together. Not that I think Jeremiah is ready for the big leagues. (Assuming he even gets a developmental contract, which is no guarantee.) I'm all for it. But honestly, I can't see him being anything more than a Superstars guy.

Uh....ok? Murdoch is ok and that's about it. To be fair he had a cool move in managing to bust out a Canadian Destroyer but at the same time that's not going to carry him. His whole redneck trucker thing or whatever he was isn't something that's going to carry him anywhere at all. Not a big deal at all here and nothing I'm interested in at all.

Heres another waste of space, Murdoch unless he is turned loose and allowed to be a heel old school style will never make it past superstars. Its a shame another second generation star wasting away....the alternative...Impact...not unless you mow HH's lawn....or wax Bischoff's car....

Don't see a whole lot for him to do. He'll probably make a moderate splash upon his return, have a short feud or two, then fade to the lower midcard.

Heres another waste of space, Murdoch unless he is turned loose and allowed to be a heel old school style will never make it past superstars. Its a shame another second generation star wasting away....the alternative...Impact...not unless you mow HH's lawn....or wax Bischoff's car....

2nd Generation Star......WHAT? Trevor Murdoch is NOT a second generation star. The only reason that he got the name is because of the similar look he has with Dirty Dick, but they are not father and son. Previously, he wrestled as Stan Dupp and Trevor Rhodes.

As far as the "alternative", he was there as Jethro Holliday, a complete waste of the talent that he has.

Murdoch is good talent,good heel,mean mug...Whats wrong is WWE is only concerned about who will be the next big star that can push merchandise on all the fans..WWE scripts for tag teams and stables are absolute garbage..Revive Tag Teams..Husky Harris would be a GREAT tag partner..A southern stable would be great to see as well.

Murdoch is nothing more than a midcard talent AT BEST. When I saw that he was potentially coming back the first thing that popped into my head was what they were going to do with him. Best thing I can come up with is throw him in a tag team and see where it goes from there. Murdoch is a tag team kind of guy and he will probably stick around longer if he can find a place in the dying tag team division. Mr. Cold above makes a fantastic point as Husky Harris would make a fabulous partner for Murdoch. I could see an on and off feud with the Usos going down if they chose to go that route.

Murdoch looks like an 70s/80s wrestler, before the steroid era kicked in. Fat, ulgy, no muscles. I was surprised that he got a job in the WWE at all. Now for a second time? Wow. Can't say that I understand it, but good for him.

Murdoch looks like an 70s/80s wrestler, before the steroid era kicked in. Fat, ulgy, no muscles. I was surprised that he got a job in the WWE at all. Now for a second time? Wow. Can't say that I understand it, but good for him.

You also just described Mick Foley and JBL. Who happen to be HOF material.

Anyways, I remember back in '06, '07 that they were talking about giving Trevor the IC title at some point, and I was kinda disappointed when it didn't happen. I would like to see him step up and at least shake around the division for a few months.

Hell, I think it'd be hilarious if he was the translator for Sin Cara.

Trevor was a clone of Dick Murdoch even though his real name isn't Trevor Murdoch, obviously they saw a similar appeal, Dick Murdoch was a multi time champ. Personally i didn't mind him, in ring he was a typical redneck kick ass and on the mic he was a mix of the same and some silly comedy.

Cade and Murdoch was a good team at the time and both were worthy of singles gold atleast once, but there 3 year contract ran out in 2088 and for whatever reason he was released.

I agree with the majority here that he'll never be more than a lower mid card or jobber as a singles wrestler. He could have another descent run in a tag team. I could see them rehiring him to team with Husky Harris. They both have that old school non bodybuilder look. It seems they don't want to release Harris because of his dad. But on the other hand they don't seem to know what to do with him either. He's worked different gimmicks even wearing a mask in FCW since being written off TV.

I could seem them using the bad ass redneck gimmick for a while. Maybe get a tag title run or two. Then when it runs it's course Harris will probably go back to FCW. Murdock will be a jobber on Superstars till he's released again.

Murdoch looks like an 70s/80s wrestler, before the steroid era kicked in.

Trevor Murdoch = Husky Harris = Brodus Clay

I can accept that WWE might want to employ a guy who looks like he trained on Budweiser and never set foot in a gym in his life, but for the life of me, I don't understand why they got rid of Murdoch.....only to hire Harris......then, got rid of Harris......only to hire Clay. What is the big difference among these guys? I don't see it.

I have nothing against Murdoch, nor did I particularly enjoy him in the ring. When he was reduced to a fat Roy Rogers persona, I figured he was on his way out. Now, he might be back? Why?

If the company wants to keep a retro-looking wrestler around, that's fine, but I'd just like to know what they see in one of these guys that they didn't see in the other.

I went to Raw in Knoxville, TN last mont, and he worked a dark match with Evan Bourne. He has lost a considerable amount of weight mainly his gut, but aside from that nothing has changed, he is still the same guy. Unless they bring back a decent tag division and pair him with Jeremiah or Husky Harris or maybe even Skip Sheffield he won't make it off Superstars and he may mentor somebody on NXT since the big names don't do that anymore.

Trevor was a clone of Dick Murdoch even though his real name isn't Trevor Murdoch, obviously they saw a similar appeal, Dick Murdoch was a multi time champ. Personally i didn't mind him, in ring he was a typical redneck kick ass and on the mic he was a mix of the same and some silly comedy.

Hmmm....isn't it funny that they originally gave him the last name "Murdoch" to almost make you believe he is a second generation wrestler (or some relation to Dirty Dick). But on the other hand, you have second generation wrestlers that they won't give them their father's last name ie: Husky Harris, Mike McGillicuty, Ray Gordy?

I am quite surprised by the resigning of Murdoch. He never impressed me in his previous run with he company. He is very average in the ring, with no stand out moves other than his botched Canadian Destroyer, looks terrible with a poor phyisque and has never displayed any great mic skills as far as I have seen.

He will not make it as a singles wrestler in the WWE, but as other posters have said I think putting him in a tag-team with Husky Harris would work. Harris is young and hungry, and both of them have a similar kind of look. They would be a good addition to the tag team division. Other than that I dont see much for Murdoch to do to be honest

Good Murdoch kicked ass him and Cade (RIP) were a great tag team to watch. They were old school wrestling you dident just see punches every 5 seconds and a occasional slam.

Love Murdock.......... Always did.... I can see him in a feud with R-Truth..... Both Racist as hell. One a KKK member and the other a ghetto piece of sh**. I would love to watch those segments!

Murdock could whip him with a stick then spit chew on him! R-Truth could pull out a 9 and hit him in the head with it and drink a 40 oz.!

I can see a real money maker here!!!!!!!!!!

I think they're bringing Murdoch back to jump into a feud with Big Andy..think about it either they'll have him feud with him or be his mentor. I dont think it will be a big deal if Murdoch puts Andy over its not like Murdoch is a big star so that is making me believe he might come in and help him out. Anybody agree with the idea of a Murdoch Big Andy program?

In a universe where Roy Nelson can be considered an elite-level heavyweight fighter, I'm not going to say Trevor Murdoch can't make better his second time around. I do think that he has a very narrow, specific upside to him that the kids in Stamford don't have the brains to package right.

Trevor Murdoch had his redneck trucker gimmick. Easy gimmick to knock, but it overlooks the fact that your classic 'southern boy' has a very simple, widespread appeal. Think Steve Austin, or for a more body-type specific comparison, Dusty Rhodes. (I really hope he's polite enough to use a muffler.) The problem I see for him is that the 'southern boy' gimmick, when done right, is very subtle, and if there's one thing that the WWE doesn't do right now, it's subtle.

Think of it this way; you dress a guy up in a flannel shirt, a John Deere hat and march him out to the ring, people say "oh, looks like a redneck, he must be a redneck." It typecasts the character immediately; we've all seen the redneck gimmick. We don't need another Henry O. Godwinn. Dress it down a bit; have him come out to some not-overly-country country rock, have him throw out the occasional bit of Texiana during an interview (the second you refer to hogtying, you've lost the gimmick), and people are led to think he's another boy with a good touch of southern in him.

Then, of course, it comes down to booking. If they give him a good push initially, there's no reason he couldn't be a solid anchor for the midcard for several years. (Don't knock the midcarders- a show is three hours long and if everyone was HHH, no one would be HHH.)

I like Trevor Murdoch. He is so different than all of today's wrestlers. However, I don't understand why the WWE would re-sign Trevor Murdoch of all people. The WWE will probably not do anything with him. Like everyone else is saying, he will be a regular on Superstars and probably will not appear on Raw or Smackdown.

Murdoch isn't supposed to be a world champ he's there to help another guy more ept for a title get noticed by fans. Cade was an awesome wrestler, but "Garrison Cade" wasn't getting over in this lifetime. Enter Murdoch. Murdoch plays the part of a crony perfectly, the same way Riley was the perfect "sidekick" (for lack of a better word) to the Miz.

Because Murdoch has such a familier character as Rayne has already said, he establishes rapport with fans better which is a huge plus in getting over with fans. Not too mention the comedic aspects of his character, a great plan B for getting a good reaction.

And last time I saw him wrestle, he had a helluva lot of spring in his knees for a fella his size. Again, he doesn't need to win matches, he needs to sell them.

Very happy for WWE if this is true! Though I'm skeptical of them just bulking up there list of jobbers to feature more frequent Monday night squash matches... have faith, Sleepy, have faith...

Have a great day everyone!

I think they're bringing Murdoch back to jump into a feud with Big Andy..think about it either they'll have him feud with him or be his mentor. I dont think it will be a big deal if Murdoch puts Andy over its not like Murdoch is a big star so that is making me believe he might come in and help him out. Anybody agree with the idea of a Murdoch Big Andy program?

I like that idea. Sort of a country western fued. I think that will help Andy get over, of course with Andy is a face.

Another idea they could make a Country Western Tagteam? Murdoch and Andy could be a new tagteam similar to Beer Money from TNA? WWE only really has 5 tag teams at the moment which is The Uso's, Khali and Mahal, The New Nexus, Gabriel and Slater and Santino and Koslov. Adding this tagteam into the mix can surely put on some intresting fueds. They would need to be heel of course.

But honestly I think Murdoch will be used as a jobber on Raw and Smackdown to put over heels and faces. Sort of a Yoshi Tatsu role. He's is fairly talented in the ring and I would like him to be a WWE version of Robert Roode.

I like that idea. Sort of a country western fued. I think that will help Andy get over, of course with Andy is a face.

Another idea they could make a Country Western Tagteam? Murdoch and Andy could be a new tagteam similar to Beer Money from TNA? WWE only really has 5 tag teams at the moment which is The Uso's, Khali and Mahal, The New Nexus, Gabriel and Slater and Santino and Koslov. Adding this tagteam into the mix can surely put on some intresting fueds. They would need to be heel of course.

But honestly I think Murdoch will be used as a jobber on Raw and Smackdown to put over heels and faces. Sort of a Yoshi Tatsu role. He's is fairly talented in the ring and I would like him to be a WWE version of Robert Roode.

I hope you were thinking James Storm, but in no way shape or form is Murdoch like Robert Roode. To me, he's not as good as James Storm either, but at least he's country.

Murdoch in a tag team is fine. But again, why bring him back? His little singing bit was entertaining for a week or two. He did have a little personality, but its not like McMahon goes around pushing out of shape guys. JBL may be the only one like someone previously mentioned. But, his push came at a time when the WWE was heavily in a transition mode with a lot of superstars out. And, JBL is a 1000 more times entertaining on the mic than murdoch.

This seems questionable at best

I hope you were thinking James Storm, but in no way shape or form is Murdoch like Robert Roode. To me, he's not as good as James Storm either, but at least he's country.

Murdoch in a tag team is fine. But again, why bring him back? His little singing bit was entertaining for a week or two. He did have a little personality, but its not like McMahon goes around pushing out of shape guys. JBL may be the only one like someone previously mentioned. But, his push came at a time when the WWE was heavily in a transition mode with a lot of superstars out. And, JBL is a 1000 more times entertaining on the mic than murdoch.

This seems questionable at best

Yeah I meant James Storm, my bad. But by giving Big Andy and Murdoch exposure as WWE's version of Beer Money I think it will definatley help both of their careers.

Plus I only think he's back to be a jobber. WWE don;t want to bury guys like Hawkins, Ryder, Masters and Drew McIntyre by making them lose so they will replace them with guys like Yoshi Tatsu and Murdoch who WWE don't want to promote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back