Tour Shocker ... Metallica To Play In N. America!

justinsayne

Cody Rhodes is an excellant
TOUR SHOCKER ... METALLICA TO PLAY IN N. AMERICA!
8/10/2008

First leg of N. America tour dates announced
Time for a different sort of vacation ... one right here on our home turf!! Now that "Death Magnetic" is complete, we're ready to start a proper indoor arena tour of the States and Canada and we can't wait to visit all of our 'Talli-fans here . . . it really has been too long (hey, what's four years amongst friends?).

Met Clubbers and Mission Metallica Platinum members will have first crack at 'em when tickets go on sale . . . dates, times and in general more on that later. But for now, we thought we would let you know where we'll be for the next couple of months . . . here's a complete list of cities and venues up through January 31, 2009!

Keep watching here for all ticket on sale dates and times . . . coming very soon. See you out there!

All October/November dates with Down and The Sword :

October 21 - Glendale, AZ Jobing Arena
October 23 - Albuquerque, NM Tingley Coliseum
October 25 - Kansas City, MO Sprint Center
October 26 - Des Moines, IA Wells Fargo Arena
November 1 - Portland, OR Rose Quarter
November 3 - Salt Lake City, UT Energy Solutions Arena
November 4 - Denver, CO Pepsi Center
November 6 - Omaha, NE Qwest Center
November 8 - Moline, IL iWireless Center
November 9 - Columbus, OH Schottenstein Center
November 17 - St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center
November 18 - Tulsa, OK BOK Center
November 20 - Houston, TX Toyota Center
November 22 - Little Rock, AR Alltel Arena
November 23 - New Orleans, LA New Orleans Arena

All December dates with Lamb of God and The Sword:

December 1 - Seattle, WA Key Arena
December 2 - Vancouver, BC GM Place
December 4 - Calgary, AB Pengrowth Saddledome
December 7 - Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
December 12 - Ontario, CA Citizens Business Bank Arena
December 13 - Fresno, CA Save Mart Center
December 15 - San Diego, CA Cox Arena
December 17 - Los Angeles, CA The Forum
December 20 - Oakland, CA Oracle Arena

All January dates with Machine Head and The Sword:

January 12 - Milwaukee, WI Bradley Center
January 13 - Detroit, MI Joe Louis Arena
January 15 - Washington, DC Verizon Center
January 17 - Philadelphia, PA Wachovia Center
January 18 - Boston, MA TD Banknorth Center
January 26 - Chicago, IL Allstate Arena
January 29 - Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum
January 31 - Newark, NJ Prudential Center

FUCKING YES, YES, YES, YES!!!!!!!!!!

Finally Metallica has come home, after four fucking years, Metallica is actually going to tour N. America, and I can't fucking wait, Nov. 6th I will be in fucking Omaha to see perhaps the single greatest fucking metal band of all fucking time, and it gets better, cause not only will I finally get to see Metallica for the first time, I will get the pleasure of seeing Down as well!!!!

I also think it's pretty cool that they are changing up the band that opens for them each month of this tour, with Down opening for the Nov. dates, Lamb Of God for the Dec. dates, and Machine fucking Head opening for the Jan. dates, all three of these bands are fuck great live bands, I know this for fact having seen both Lamb Of God and Machine Head (Machine head twice, and both times were fucking amazing), and I have it on good authority that Down is an amazing live band as well, oh yeah and Metallica will be there too, and I hear they are pretty good themselves, is anyone else as excited for this as I am?....better question is it possiable for anyone else to be as excited for this as I am?, LOL

All I can say is HELL YES. It's about fucking time. Metallica to me is one of my favorite bands. It's a shame that I haven't seen them in concert yet.(Don't kill me Justin) I will definitely be going to see them this time though. Probably either to the January 13th show in Detroit or the 26th of January in Chicago. More than likely in Detroit as it's closer to me. I better get my tickets in advance though as this should sell out pretty fucking fast. I can't fucking wait.

All I can say is HELL YES. It's about fucking time. Metallica to me is one of my favorite bands. It's a shame that I haven't seen them in concert yet.(Don't kill me Justin)

If I were to kill you for not seeing Metallica yet then I would also have to kill myself, cause I haven't seen them yet either, so this will be my fist time seeing Metallica, the friend I'm going with has seen them like 8 times, and I think he was as exctied to find out as I was, in fact he went into his office to check his e-mail came out and made a B-line toward me, and said "Nov.6th, Omaha, keep the date open, we're seeing Metallica", LOL

I will definitely be going to see them this time though. Probably either to the January 13th show in Detroit or the 26th of January in Chicago. More than likely in Detroit as it's closer to me. I better get my tickets in advance though as this should sell out pretty fucking fast. I can't fucking wait.

If you are going to a Jan. show then that mean you will also get the honor of seeing Machine Head as well, a band that I have been privileged to have seen twice, Machine is an amazing live band and won't disappoint, and of course Metallica will be there too, so even if for some reason you don't like Machine Head that much, Metallica will probably be worth the cost of the ticket all by themselves, and they'll also have a whole new album filled with all sorts of new material to play as well as all the great classics

I can't fucking wait!!!!!

Yeah. I have hear that Machine Head puts on a pretty fucking amazing show. So it will be an honor to see them. I do like some of their music, and Im sure that it will only be better in a live atomosphere. Maybe with a little bit of a beer buzz going LOL. But yeah, since I haven't seen Metallica live yet. I would literally, and very easily put down 300-400 dollars just to see them one time. They are my favorite rock band ever. They were my inspirations for picking up a guitar. I'm fucking pumped that they are touring.

*MARKS OUT WITH JUSTINSAYNE* Lol.

It's pretty sweet that they're FINALY touring North America again but it sucks because they aint gonna be anywhere even remotely close to me. Philedelphia is the closest to me and that's still a lonnnnnnnnnnng way away. I'd rather fo see 3 doors down in raliegh.

Alright got some ticket info for everyone

TICKET INFO FOR NORTH AMERICAN DATES
9/3/2008

We are looking forward to heading back out on the road here on our home turf in North America and now that the pre-sales are over for Met Club and Mission Metallica members, we thought you might be interested in our little novel below describing just how to go about getting a ticket to the show.

First off, if you want to see where we'll be playing, click here . . . and if your city doesn't appear here...stay tuned, we will get to you eventually!

To start our somewhat confusing tale, the one simple fact here is that tickets for the North American Tour Dates go on sale September 13. All the usual methods apply - ticketmaster.com, phone orders, outlets, or your local arena.

However, and here's where it gets a little nutty, if you would like more than just a ticket, you may be interested in checking out the presale package we have put together.

The Death Magnetic Experience includes:

* Great Seats
* Death Magnetic, on CD, delivered right to your door
* A Free Download of the show you attended from LiveMetallica.com

There is a four (4) tickets/package limit on all presales and a four (4) ticket limit on the public onsale.
The timeline for the pre-sales that include the ticket/album/download package are as follows:

September 3 - Local Radio Presale
Check your local radio station's website today for a link and a password to the presale. The Presale Package will be available until 11:59pm local time on September 4. You must start at the station's website in order to buy the Presale Package.

September 8 and 9 - American Express Presale
Head over to ticketmaster.com and order the ticket package using your American Express card starting at 10:00am local time. You have until 10:00pm local time on each day to take part in the AMEX Presale.

September 10 - General Public Presale
This is your last go around for the Death Magnetic Experience... your last chance to grab hold of the great seats, the new album, and the free live download of your show. You have from 10:00am local time on September 10 until 11:59pm local time on September 12 to purchase the presale package through ticketmaster.com. No fancy password required.

To Our Canadian Friends
Unfortunately, we are not offering the presale packages in Canada. Tickets to the Vancouver, Calgary, and Edmonton shows will go on sale on September 13.

One Final Word About the CD:
As you probably noticed, for each ticket you buy, you get a copy of the album. If you purchase 4 tickets, you get 4 copies of the CD. Don't need 4 copies? Give one to your friends, your mom, or a random dude on the street... just spread the new album to as many ears as possible.

See you on the road!

Gotta say that Death Magnetic Experience looks pretty fucking sweet, after I talk to my friend that I will be attending the show with, I may have to look more into that, can't wait for this show!!!!!!

Ok.... so I went online the last 2 days to get the presale package at ticketmaster. No luck. The only frickin' tour date that the package is not available for is Philly!!!! WTF!?! In fact, the date isn't even listed yet. This sucks....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back