TOOL- New 2012 Tour Dates Announced

nightmare

...7, 8, Better stay up late...
(Taken from Blabbermouth.net)

Just days after two TOOL tour dates appeared and then mysteriously vanished on Ticketmaster's web site, the band has officially unveiled the first batch of shows for a 2012 winter tour. The dates begin on January 14 in Reno, Nevada, with 11 more shows confirmed so far. It is unknown how long the tour will run for, since singer Maynard James Keenan starts another trek with his musical lounge act PUSCIFER on February 23rd in Austin, Texas.

TOOL last hit the road in mid-2010 for a short run of summer gigs.

The band has reportedly been writing material for its long-awaited new album, which would follow up 2006's "10,000 Days".
A report that they had entered the studio to begin recording turned out to be a joke on the part of the group's webmaster. The recording was actually being done for a side project of drummer Danny Carey.

Keenan has been touring with PUSCIFER behind its second album, "Conditions Of My Parole", and also did some shows with A PERFECT CIRCLE in the past year.

While he enjoys performing, Keenan told The Pulse Of Radio not long ago that he's not into the travel. "If I could do something that would get the music out there and get the performances out there in a way that didn't require me leaving home, I would for sure do it," he said. "Soon as they invent an affordable holographic projection of touring, I'm all over it (laughs). A simultaneous performance all across the country, one night, but you stay in one spot and it's holographic — I'm in."

Newly announced TOOL tour dates (subject to change):

Jan. 14 - Reno, NV - Reno Events Center
Jan. 15 - Las Vegas, NV - Mandalay Bay Events Center
Jan. 17 - Tucson, AZ - Tucson Arena
Jan. 18 - Albuquerque, NM - Tingley Coliseum
Jan. 20 - Grand Prairie, TX - Verizon Theatre
Jan. 24 - Toledo, OH - Huntington Center
Jan. 25 - Toronto, ON - Air Canada Centre
Jan. 26 - London, ON - John Labatt Centre
Jan. 28 - Boston, MA - TD Garden
Jan. 29 - Camden, NJ - Susquehanna Bank Center
Jan. 31 - Uncasville, CT - Mohegan Sun Arena
Feb. 08 - Duluth, GA - Gwinnett Arena

This made my day. News that makes your dick hard. Verizon is 10 minutes from my house in Arlington, so im not missing this show. My advice: if anyone is planning on getting tickets - make sure you are online before the sale begins with all purchase info filled out in advance. Tickets will sell out faster than Matt Hardy can eat a cupcake.

No shows in the midwest at all? That's weird & kinda shitty, hopefully they release some at a later date. Anyone that can go to any of these shows should, Tool is possibly the best concert experience I have ever had, & that includes Metallica.

Most likely Maynard will add some more after the run with Puscifer. I cant wait to go. Ticketmaster screwed me the last time. My buddy used the computer at work to order them online, but his credit card is set up to catch any fraudulent charges.... so when the IP address didnt match his laptop, AMEX put a hold on the purchase. So when they called him 30 minutes later to check, he lost the tickets because they didnt ok the charge.

In a way that was good on the part of AMEX, but seriously shitty timing.

It would make sense for Maynard to want to stay away from the midwest this time of year. You never know what going to happen, & seeing as how Maynard doesn't really like traveling, I imagine he probably also wouldn't like getting stranded in the middle Nebraska, Minnesota, Iowa, etc. I'm really hoping he adds some more dates in the spring/summer & hopefully then I'll be able to see them again (for the 3rd time).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back