Tough Enough vs NXT

Long Island Iced D

Dedicated Zack Ryder Nut-hugger
Two WWE shows that are built to find the next WWE star. While NXT has guys hand picked by WWE and puts them through scripted matches and challenges (which happen to be really irrelevant and pointless for training a professional wrestler) , Tough Enough shows real training to be a wrestler and futures trainers who have actual accomplishments in pro wrestling.
THE QUESTION IS WHICH ONE DO YOU THINK IS BETTER

My choice would be Tough Enough just because it is more entertaining and features Stone Cold Steve Austin. Although it has its downfalls, I think its challenges are more wrestling related and the unscripted nature makes it so much easier to watch. The challenges on TE test your desire and your toughness (obviously) while NXT is scripted mostly and features challenges like races and slingshotting shit at rookies. Also, TE has ring veterans like Austin, Booker, DeMott, and Trish Stratus who have been around for years. Austin has been close with Vince for years and knows whats needed to make it. The downfalls of TE are basically the cast that has been chosen. The cast is pretty shallow since WWE didn't pick them and that is the only thing NXT has thats greater than TE. Tough Enough is greater entertainment and tests its competitors while NXT has a better chance of grooming rookies into superstardom.

Well, first of all, we've only seen one episode of Tough Enough so it would be really hard to say. But based on that first episode, I have to say Tough Enough. I can't even get through an episode of NXT. Even Raw and Smackdown, I fast-forward through a lot of it. But I watched that first episode of Tough Enough from start to finish. But I believe NXT started out strong when it debuted. So the same may happen to Tough Enough. Maybe season 2 will bomb.

The thing that really bothered me about NXT is because it blurs the lines between real and scripted. And not in a good way. In NXT Season 1 (the only season I watched) Daniel Bryan would lose all of his matches and do bad in the challenges. So naturally, it would be assumed that he wouldn't do good. But then he was always at the top of the pro polls. And I understand the reasoning behind that, but it still just made the show feel pointless. I mean, if the pros already know they want Daniel Bryan to win, why even bother with the competitions? And then when Daniel Bryan was just randomly taken off the show like he was, it lost all credibility and I didn't watch after that.

What I'm saying is, we haven't given Tough Enough a chance to establish an identity. I have a feeling that the Miss USA chick will do really well in Tough Enough and be one of the last people. Which of course would mean it's fake, considering that almost all of the other wrestlers have formal training. If she makes it more than a few episodes in, the show will lose credibility in my eyes and I'll likely stop watching, just like I stopped watching NXT.

The "Alicia Fox vs. Melina" girl claims that she has already been given a developmental contract. Assuming it's true, it shows how little value WWE has for it's divas. At least with NXT, I knew that these people were at least somewhat talented. We can't say the same for Tough Enough. And if they just brought them in for early season comedy, that's ok. After all, American Idol always showcases the horrible singers during their audition weeks. Let's hope that Tough Enough keeps these people just as comedy, rather than push them.

Finally, I'm not convinced that the judges pick who goes home, or even who's in the bottom 3. Based on this past week, Miss USA would have been in the bottom 4, at best. After Stone Cold's pep talks, I would expect the the other two to improve a little, and fully expect Miss USA to be at least in the bottom 3. Outside of some miraculous improvement, I don't see it happening. But keep in mind, reality shows can turn and twist video footage to tell any story they want to. So even if she absolutely sucked, they could make Miss USA look like a million bucks. All they'd have to do is air the footage where she's being praised, and not use the footage where she sucks. That would make the viewers at home think she's doing good. They could even edit it in a way to make it look like she's the best wrestler on the show if they wanted to. Which is what I expect them to do.

So in closing, I will wait to pass judgment until we see where it's going.

Even if Tough Enough was hosted by Nunzio I'd still choose it over NXT.

NXT is hard to watch. They get them to do the stupidest of tasks and exercises that some have no relevance to becoming a WWE superstar. Tough Enough, on the other hand, actually gets them doing wrestling training and tests their physical attributes. It's more 'real world' and it actually makes sense what they're doing. NXT is just a piss around and doesn't prove a thing at all for whoever wins. The only successful season was season 1 (obviously). The rest of the winners have amounted to absolutely nothing and I can't remember the last time I saw them on RAW/SD.

Also, why Brodus Clay is appearing on Smackdown every week and joins Del Rio at WRESTLEMANIA though not even winning the damn show, really makes me question the point of the elimination process of NXT. Johnny Curtis, Kaval, Kaitlyn. What's the point of having a winner anymore..

But yes, Tough Enough is MILES better than that joke of a show 'NXT'.

-

First of all, the comparison isn't even equal. Even though both of the shows feature potential new superstars, it's like comparing Smackdown to Superstars. WWE doesn't give a rat's ass about NXT but they are trying extremely hard to make the "New" Tough Enough successful (Just look at the names they have on the show, Stone Cold, Trish Stratus, Booker T).

Second, it's far too early to judge which is more enjoyable but the obvious choice would definitely be Tough Enough.

i though Tough Enough was more entertaining in one episode than most of all of NXT. And with Stonec old its even better. i like how doesnt look like its scripted liked NXT..

Some of you either fail to realize this or dont know...TOUGH ENOUGH has been around since the beginning of the decade. It started in 2001 and went on until 2004. It was recently that it was brought back as a "NEW" show. Just like what WWE is doing with itself now, they re-branded the show.

That said, basing my decision over watching the early seasons of TE and some of NXT...TOUGH ENOUGH wins hands down.

You get to see the raw side of, not just WWE but wrestling. Where TE teaches you about the industry and how to work in the ring...NXT was about building a character and working matches. Its what TE guys would do AFTER they finished their training. Hell NXT "rookies" are from FCW which is where some TE guys will go when its over.

Some of you either fail to realize this or dont know...TOUGH ENOUGH has been around since the beginning of the decade. It started in 2001 and went on until 2004. It was recently that it was brought back as a "NEW" show. Just like what WWE is doing with itself now, they re-branded the show.

I'm sure everyone knows that Tough Enough was around in 2001. And Monday Night Raw has been around for about 18 years. But I'm not going to judge the current product based on something they did a decade ago. That, and I'm sure the majority of people on here probably didn't regularly watch it. I believe I only watched the first 1 or 2 episodes and lost interest. And even if someone watched every episode, ten years is a long time for television trends. So while the main concept is the same, I'm sure there will be differences. And there better be; it was canceled before. They would be foolish to bring back a canceled show without making any changes.

I think a lot of people are assuming that this show is about finding the best wrestler. It's not. It's about ratings. The producers of this show do not care who the best wrestler is, they just want people to watch. Fans are not doing the voting for this show. And call me a skeptic, but I doubt Stone Cold and crew are doing all the voting either. I'm sure they make suggestions, but the producers likely have final say. If there is someone they want to keep on the show, they will, regardless of what Stone Cold thinks. This is why I expect Miss USA to be around for awhile.

Former Tough Enough shows showed us the audition phase this one didnt. I think its fair to assume that everyone on TE will work for the WWE in some way or another. Just like Josh Matthews did and Jesse worked backstaged in the computer department or something. From the 1st season.

The ones we see on tv are the ones that WWE (rather choosen by Vince or not) are the ones that will be invested in for the next few weeks. We will see them we will get to know them and we will probably see more of them on RAW and Smackdown too.

The show is also already wrapped is it not? Chances are all of them (except for Miss USA) have been put through training and will pop up regularly in FCW or through out the WWE in the upcoming year after Tough Enough goes off the year.

There is one true winner yes....but if the WWE likes what they see they will choose to keep them around for one reason or another.

Theres no competition. NXT was decent the first season, but really it completely bombed after that. I never really liked it anyway. Its completely pointless and as many of the posters above stated the challenges have nothing to do with wrestling at all. Seriously, I watched it one night and they were doing an obstacle course and pushing barrels around the ring WTF?:confused:

On tough enough they have decent trainers that know what there doing,(Trish Stratus, Stone Cold etc...) have actual wrestling lessons for the rookies and is bearable to watch.

Tough enough wins hands down. WWE should just scrap NXT and get it over with.

i think this would be a better thread if you made it concept wise because in their current incarnations TE wins by a landslide however, on paper, the concept of NXT SHOULD be better in my opinion. Now this is assuming one show isn't loaded with legends and the other some big name stars and some forgotten souls. But NXT was a real wrestling show pun intended... TE is just a reality show that breaks kayfabe and shouldn't be on in my opinion. NXT on the other hand was an introduction to what should have been the future of the WWE and in some cases is. It was a great way for these guys to go out and try to make names for themselves before getting thrown to the wolves on Raw or Smackdown the problem was in the execution. NXT should have had the better wrestlers, people who've been in the business and relative newcomers who still have some experience. TE on the other hand has green people and in some ways is no different from Hulk Hogans Celebrity Wrestling. NXT on paper is the better concept but execution and priorities have easily made TE the better show

Former Tough Enough shows showed us the audition phase this one didnt. I think its fair to assume that everyone on TE will work for the WWE in some way or another. Just like Josh Matthews did and Jesse worked backstaged in the computer department or something. From the 1st season.

The ones we see on tv are the ones that WWE (rather choosen by Vince or not) are the ones that will be invested in for the next few weeks. We will see them we will get to know them and we will probably see more of them on RAW and Smackdown too.

The show is also already wrapped is it not? Chances are all of them (except for Miss USA) have been put through training and will pop up regularly in FCW or through out the WWE in the upcoming year after Tough Enough goes off the year.

There is one true winner yes....but if the WWE likes what they see they will choose to keep them around for one reason or another.

Actually I believe an article posted a while back said USA chose the contestants for this one rather than WWE because this show is just as much USA's baby as it is WWE's. As much as I love seeing miss usa on the show I'm sure she was easily USA's number one pick and I can't see her showing up on WWE any day (although a lot of diva's started out like her and eventualy made something of themselves so hopefully i'm wrong)

Actually I believe an article posted a while back said USA chose the contestants for this one rather than WWE because this show is just as much USA's baby as it is WWE's. As much as I love seeing miss usa on the show I'm sure she was easily USA's number one pick and I can't see her showing up on WWE any day (although a lot of diva's started out like her and eventualy made something of themselves so hopefully i'm wrong)

This reiterates my point. USA hand-picked these contestants, not WWE. USA could care less which contestant "wins". They just want the most entertaining people on there. And that's why they put Miss USA on there. I doubt Miss USA would want to be a wrestler even if she did win, no more than Chris Jericho will become a professional dancer if he wins DWTS. And no matter how bad she is in the ring, with countless hours of film footage to use, the producers can make her or anyone else look however they want them to look. At least NXT is filmed in front of a live audience so what you see is what you get. With TE, (and virtually every other reality show that isn't filmed in front of an audience) you are only getting the story that they want you to see.

Like when a few of the housemates were having a fight over girls not being good wrestlers. For all we know, five minutes later they may have all apologized and that was the end of it. But by not showing that, the viewer will only assume that they don't like each other. Because that's the story we were shown. Perhaps that's the only argument they've ever had, and the rest of the time they are all the best of friends. But that's not entertaining. (Hell, for all we know, that fight could have been scripted.)

Perhaps one of the wrestlers botches 95% of their moves. No problem. Only show the 5% they do right. And make you look like a great wrestler.

Or if you do 95% of the moves correctly, they can show the 5% you botch. And make you look like a bad wrestler.

The producers had an idea of who they wanted to win this competition before it even started. And the actual wrestling will probably have very little to do with it.

Tough Enough is deff a better show than that awful NXT thing. Its so bad they cant even find a lousy cable channel that wants to air it! Season 1 was OK, beyond that all just awful. And like someone stated earlier....what the point of NXT. We see more of some of the losers on WWE TV than we do the winners, its pointless! What WWE aught to do is air FCW Weekly or if they dont want to show off all there up and comers produce a 2nd FCW TV show....one with selected talent that they dont feel they need to hide and ones they feel satisfied with there current names and persona's And air that FCW on a weekley basis. It would be a sure hit! Speaking of FCW....DOES ANYONE KNOW anywhere online where u can download and/or VIEW FULL EPISODES OF THE WEEKLY FCW TV show that airs on the Florida Sports Cable Network?

Tough Enough wins this hands down almost by default. Atleast the WWE is approaching it seriously and not treating it like a fucking joke

from what i have seen so far, i would say tough enough, but like one guy said earlier, NXT started great too but after season 2 it started bombing. it may be the same case for tough enough but so far i would watch tough enough over NXT any day right now.

Too early to compare but I will say that NXT has had some good seasons and then some were really bad. Tough Enough only has had one episode so far so its too early to judge but its been good so far. I'm currently not watching NXT 5 since the same old rookies are on and not many of them are even decent. I will watch NXT 6 though :D

Tough Enough by miles
At least in Tough Enough, you have very experienced veterans like Booker T, Trish Stratus, and SCSA.

In NXT? A bunch of mid-carders mentoring their rookies.

Besides, Tough Enough is on TV and NXT is on the Internet. What do you think will be more popular?

Here's an idea for a storyline down the road....for when Tough Enough ends in early June.

Form a stable with the two or three that at decent enough to make it on TV, and put them in a stable with Booker T, Bill DeMott (I've seen his work in WCW as Hugh Morrus he was great to watch on tv back then), and Stone Cold since this would give him a platform as a huge heel character.

Booker T would be the Smackdown heel announcer, DeMott would be the enforcer, and the rookies decent enough to make it on TV would be their students being groomed to be the new stars.

As for a heel Stone Cold, have him bitter and angry over the attention of Cena VS Rock at WM 28. Because he is a bigger star than the Rock ever was, and is pissed that he is the one who truly made the attitude era. Let there eventually be a double main event at WM 28 and have him face Randy Orton. I NEVER pay that much for Wrestlemania but I would do it if that was the double main event.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back