How Do You Think The Format Of NXT Should Look?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
Overall, I've enjoyed NXT because it is something a little bit different from any other wrestling program on television. That being said, it does have its problems. It has some bugs that need to be worked out. For instance, if you're going to have the Rookies do some sort of challenge, put some effort into coming up with something interesting. I've enjoyed a few challenges but the last few just haven't gotten to me. Also, I think more character development is definitely necessary. Fans should be given insight into the Rookies beyond a 2 or 3 minute vinyette.

I'd like to see the show be something of a mix between Tough Enough and what it already is. Have the Rookies perhaps live in a house together and show their interaction with one another. Have these shows built to where the personality of these wrestlers come through, show them having spats, egos getting in the way, working out and training, give them some type of legitimate challenges, etc. Maybe have the NXT Pros live there as well as they could really add to whatever conflicts are planned and help to build them up. Script a few things, like what goes down in the house and who gets into conflicts with whom but leave it up to the NXT Rookies and Pros to decide what they say and how they say it. Allow the NXT Rookies to be themselves and shift into their on-screen characters when the time is right. Make it actually seem like a reality show. I'd alternate the episodes of the show. One week, have a show like what I just talked about and use that show to build up the episode of the next week in which matches are shown.

I know it sounds kind of challenging but I think it would make for intriguing television.

Honestly, if they got rid of the challenges, and had more interviews, promos and vignettes the show would already be a million times better.

But going into more depth, there needs to be at least 15 minutes of wrestling on the show, with no match lasting less than five minutes. This is to ensure that the rookies dont screw up when working a decently long match, and can hold the crowd's attention for that long. Next on the list is spending the remaining ~30 minutes on useful time. Like I say, drop the challenges and while you're at it the Raw Rebound too. Anybody watching NXT knows what happened the day before, and if not probably wont apreciate you spoiling it for them. I'd replace this time with live interviews with the rookies (possibly acompanied with their pros), and pretaped segments akin to the one Slater and Christian got in the gym. Have the pros and the rookies spending time together with the latter being taught. Show Miz trying to teach Daniel Bryan to be entertaining, show Jericho teaching Wade Barrett moves, show CM Punk and the SES at one of Darren Young's parties (doubtless drinking pepsi, before interrupting the DJ and cutting an SES promo). Use the liberated time to develop their characters by showing us 'a day in the life of an NXT rookie' (letting Skip show us why he's a Cornfed Meathead, and why Heath's a 'One man rockband') or other such character building promo.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again NXT is a great idea but the execution is sorely lacking.

I would keep the challenges but not use them every week. Also make them wrestling related and have the prize be something worth winning.

I would only use four pros instead of the eight (2 rookies to a pro). This will allow more focus on the rookies as well as creating a chance to develop rivalry between rookies as a pro may be favouring one rookie over another.

Allow the rookies to talk so we can see what personality they have so we can be made to care either positive or negative.

A decent amount of wrestling on each show so we can see how they perform, and less of the squash matches as it makes rookies look weak when being squashed in under 2 minuates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back