Top 5 of 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkshot77

Pre-Show Stalwart
Well ladies and gentlemen, the year is at its close, and now it is time to look back on all that was great in wrestling this year. So here it is My top 5 in wrestling this year. Here are the rules: You can induct any match, feud, storyline, or moment that has happened in 2012. Please refrain from inducting overly general things such as, individual wrestlers (i.e. All things CM Punk), Entire promotions, or divisions (i.e. The TNA tag team division). Because I only follow TNA and WWE all of my choices will come from there, but you are free to include any and all other promotions (ROH, CZW, New Japan ect.) So on with the countdown.

5. Heath Slater: Legend Killed- I LOVED this stuff. These segments were the highlights of the road to Raw 1000. Heath would get squashed repeatedly by some old wrestlers. We got to see some great nostalgia in the mean time. Vader, Psycho Sid, Rikishi, Road Warrior Animal, DDP, culminating on Raw 1000 with Lita and the APA. The One Man Band played his part so well and next to the awkward Cindy Lauper, Roddie Piper segment, everything was greatly enjoyable and very fun. This mix of nostalgia and comedy is what lands these segments at number 5.

4. The Bound for Glory Series- I loved the BFG series last year and this year it was better. It seemed at the start that James Storm was a lock to win the series, but as it progressed, Bully Ray, AJ Styles, Kurt Angle, and Samoa Joe, all became front runners. Then right there at the end Jeff Hardy surged forward to win the series unexpectedly. So many twist and turns kept me guessing and with several high stakes matches created suspense. The BFG series was intense and enjoyable, making it number 4

3. Austin Aries wins the TNA World Title- This was unexpected and SO HYPE. After having run his course as an amazing X Division champ Aries gave his title up for a shot at Bobby Roode. Coming in the Defiant but serious underdog Aries wrestled a clinic with Roode at Destination X and came out the surprise victor. Watching this I went crazy. As did so many other people. As Jeremy Borash announcing Austin Aries as the World Heavyweight Champion is a moment that is etched in wrestling history, and it is still only number 3 on this list.

2. CM Punk joins Forces with Paul Heyman- I wanted to put CM Punk's entire title reign but to avoid being to general I picked the defining moment in his title reign, joining forces with the Godfather himself, Paul Heyman. This was CM Punk solidifying his heel turn. As entertaining as he was being a face/tweener, CM Punk went to a whole new level with Heyman by his side. He went from the #1 Face in the WWE to with out a doubt the #1 Heel. All because of good old Paul E. And while Mr. Pipe Bomb doesn't need a mouth piece to cut his promos, Heyman adds to his greatness. Making CM Punk even more entertaining, is what makes this Moment number 2 on my list.

So whats Number 1, It is a feud that game us amazing promos, matches, and a great story. It was personal and spanned over 2 years, but the best part of it took place in 2012. The number 1 feud this year is:

1. James Storm vs Bobbie Roode- My goodness, where do I begin. You take TNA's two greatest home grown talents, who have chemistry like HBK and HHH, add some betrayal, and some great promos and you get the greatest feud I have seen in quite some time. This reaches number one because of the how great the matches were, how real the promos were and how grand the feud was. Their match at Lockdown, is hands down the TNA match of year and a candidate for the MOTY in all wrestling. The blow off match at Bound for Glory 6 months later, while not as good in comparison told a great story. This feud was real, had great wrestling and is the number 1 in my opinion in all of wrestling.

This is my Opinion, whats yours. What are the top 5 moments in all of wrestling in 2012.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back