CM Punk the right place, the right time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

quink987

Pre-Show Stalwart
Ok i know this thread will get some hate but come on really? I know CM Punk did some really great promos in the build up to Money In The Bank all the way up to his feud with Triple H but for me after that his promos have gone chessy and boring.

He seems now to always go after cheap pops and his segment with Miz and Alberto Del Rio was hard to watch it was shit from all 3 men. I know this isnt going to sit well with IWC but I really cant see CM Punk being at the top of the food chain for a long time the novelty will wear off because he is slowly not being as out spoken as he was back in July

so what are your thoughts

do you think CM Punk is going to be the face of the company for a long time?
will CM Punks PG version of Steve Austin last or will it die down?

Im not taking anything away from punk, hes good n all but honestly the only reason why his promos were as interesting as they were was because he was semi-shooting. Now that he has nothing really else to say, his shock value has worn off. We are now expecting him to shoot every week, but how much shooting can you do in the coarse of a couple months..especially when everything's been going his way. I can honestly say that Ziggler shined with Cena n Del Rio back on Raw in the opening segment. Didnt seem scripted, or at least he didnt make it painfully obvious. But I say that because i think pound for pound, Ziggler is just as slick with the mouth as Punk is and if Ziggler were to shoot the way Punk did for 2months then you'd see what i mean...

But this goes back to what austin said. Get rid of the scripted promos and let the talent talk and say whats on their mind. You get much more emotion and realism out of it. Wrestling is at its best when the lines between real and fake are blurred anf i think scripted promos prevent this from happening..especially when ppl who cant act

What does the title have anything to do with the thread? I need to ask before I respond because it seems like they're talking about two different things.

What does the title have anything to do with the thread? I need to ask before I respond because it seems like they're talking about two different things.

Yeah I agree. I read the title and thought there would be an interesting topic to be discussed, but the post contained nothing that couldn't have gone into any of the other threads around here.

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back