Top 10 Wrestling theme songs (presently)

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
As Taz said on Impact last Thursday (?) a superstar's theme music is quite possibly the single factor alone that gets the wrestler and fans ready. For the wrestler (from first hand) it gets you focused and let's you get ready. For the fans, it gets you pumped and axious. To help out, let's not include themes for the shows cause they change like the seasons. So with that said, with stars currently, what are your top 10 theme songs. I know, it's a hard list, but it can be done. Here's mine.

10. CM Punk - "This Fire Burns" by Killswitch Engaged
I've loved this song since it was on the Madden 2007 Soundtrack, and no I'm not a big fan of KSE, but it's still a great song that gets me pumped up. And in my opinion, it works extremely well for CM Punk.

9. Degeneration X - "Break It Down" by DX Band
True, it's an old song made back in the 90s for said team, but it's still used presently lol. And to be honest, when that first "are you ready?" comes on, I must admit to being one for marking out to it. I mean how can you not cheer for DX? They're just so amazing and show what a true tag team should be like. And yes, the actual band who performs it is called the DX Band.

8. The Legacy - "New Day" by Adelita's Way
That opening guitar riff alone is superb and the lyrics work with too. To me it's clearly saying that the next generation of wrestlers is on the way up to the top and ready to take over.

7. Sheamus - "Written In My Face" by Jim Johnston (performed by Sean Jenness)
The lyrics to this song, once you listen to them, are so hardcore that you just can't help to love the song. The music as well isn't that bad. Jim Johnston did a great job with this song.

6. AJ Styles - "Get Ready to Fly" by GRITS
Tennessee born like yours truly, this band made the perfect theme song. The amount of energy that you feel coming out from the song is enough to get you ready for a Styles match.

5. The Miz - "I came to Play" by Jim Johnston (performed by Downstait)
Excellent song. When I first heard it after that "AWWESOME!" I was hooked on it. The drumming in the song is amazing, and the lyrics match up perfectly with The Miz's current roll. As the lyrics say, everyday he gets better and he is definately here to stay.

4. Ezekiel Jackson - "Domination" by Jim Johnston (performed by Evan Jones
I didn't like it that much at first, but after a few weeks of hearing it the song grew on me. Once you get past the opening chorus and into the verse, it's one of those songs that get you pumped for the match. I was actually caught jamming out to this song and singing it at the Royal Rumble when he came out.

3. Zack Ryder - "Radio" by Jim Johnston (performed by Watt White)
Personally, I believe Ryder is way overrated but does have potential, however that does not dispute the fact that his song is one of the hottest ones in WWE currently. Reminding me a lot of Chris Hart's "Sunglasses at Night" and that song is one of my all time favorites.

2. Randy Orton - "Voices" by Rev Theory
The song is so damn sadistic that it scares me more than "Run this Town" by Jay-Z does... and that song gives me nightmares. Yet the song fits so perfectly with Randy Orton and is so amazing.

1. Dolph Ziggler - "I am Perfection" by Jim Johnston (feat. Cage 9)
I know, I'm such a Ziggler fan... but seriously, this song gets me pumped up, and who on here can't get those lyrics to fit them. This is that ultimate pwnage song. And it just so happens to be the song I play whenever I win in Gears of War 2 on Live.

So anyway, that's my top 10 for present wrestlers, what are yours?

Great list here's mine

10.Jeff Hardy's(TNA)
It just sounded like something jeff would listen or even write outside of the ring,and with the whole Extreme thing it fits him perfectly.

9.Shawn Michaels(Sexy Boy)
What can I say,the heartbreak kid,what other theme song could this guy have.It's like it was ment to be.

8.Triple H(MotorHead)
Don't know the name.This song is Hunter all over.How good is it.When the crowd hears,Time to play the GameThey go nuts.Just great.

7.Matt Hardy(Don't know)
With the whole I will not die gig,it's fit him for years and i love it.They loud OH YEAH at the start,lets people know that matt is coming.

6.John Cena(My Time is Now)What can I say,his a rapper his theme song is rap.What else could it be.

5.Miz(I Came to Play)
This song has got to be one of the best in years,this song fits him like gold fit Flair,they just go together.

4.Carlito
He may not be on Tv much but his theme song is golden,the start with,I spit in the face of people who don't want to be cool.Like it great with lito.

3.Edge.
His song is so Awesome.You get you think you know and the crowd go nuts with boo's or cheers.Since he's had this song he become World Champion.See good song's bring gold.

2.Orton(Voices)
This song fits his character so well.This has to be a great or the great song that has fitted a wrestler ever.Like he will likely never get rid of this song.

1.UnderTaker
This has to be number 1,what other song could it be.The Deadman has the most reconised songs ever.The bell sounds the arrival of the Legend.:undertaker2:

10. Shawn Michaels

While some may argue if "Sexy Boy" is still appropriate, this is easily one of the most recognizable themes out there and certainly has a legacy feel to it.

9. The Miz

His new theme is really growing on me, especially since I downloaded the new CD. His old one was just terrible, and anything that sounds polished and has a feel specific to the superstar is definitely a plus.

8. AJ Styles

He has by far one of the best TNA themes I've ever heard. I'm not a huge TNA mark by any means, but this theme is just amazing. It fits AJ perfectly, and gets the crowd pumped and "ready to fly".

7. Randy Orton

I personally liked Orton's old theme better than Voices, but he has always had one of the best entrance themes in the business. I think back to the 2009 Royal Rumble and the pop for his entrance, and remember thinking how perfect it was.

6. John Cena

This isn't my favorite theme, but it needs to be on anyone's list just because of its recognition. When the theme hits and the trumpet sounds, we all know Cena is coming, and it sets him apart from anyone else.

5. Ezekiel Jackson

This may be my favorite theme on the list, and at the very least my favorite NEW theme. The old Brawl for All theme was great, though simple, and the addition of lyrics that fit Zeke to a tee. Perfect, just perfect, and gets me pumped every time.

4. CM Punk

Killswitch Engage's This Fire is and was such a good fit for Punk. It may not be as close to his character anymore, but it is another theme that instantly connects to the fans and lets everyone know CM Punk is coming. Personally, I feel it is a better face theme, but it is a favorite nonetheless.

3. Triple H

The Game has been Triple H's theme for about a decade, and it suites him well. The theme fits his entrance (or his entrance fits his theme) so well that any fan can mark out for it, face or heel.

2. Edge

I'm a huge fan of Metalingus. Edge's entrance walk to this theme is by far one of the best in the business, and it only got better with the addition of pyro. One of my personal favorite moments was Wrestlemania 24, and the extra long walk to his match with the Undertaker. Simply amazing.

1. The Undertaker

Need I really say more here? The classic hit has been Taker's theme for so many years, is instantly recognizable, and fits his character perfectly. This is exactly what a theme needs to be for its superstar, a way to bond music, the wrestler, and the crowd in an instant.

10.Jeff Hardy-No More Words by Endeverafter-I absolutely love this song. I know it says presently on the topic, but i still feel this is current enough.

9.Edge-I catch myself singing this song all the time.

8.John Cena-My Time is Now-You gotta admit...it's catchy.

7.Triple H-Time to play the game by Motorhead-He's been using this song for years and he should definitely not change it.

6.AJ Styles-The Only TNA Star's song that I will put on here.

5.CM Punk-This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage

4.The Miz-I Came To Play by Downstait-This one pumps me up.

3.DX=Break It Down-This song just takes me back to the Attitude Era,when life was good.

2. Christian-Just Close Your Eyes by Story of the Year-Great band.

1.Randy Orton-Voices by Rev Theory-The song is perfect for Orton's character and it's performed by a great band.

Note:On another note, Am I the only one who thinks Kane should go back to using his other theme song. Slow Chemical-Finger Eleven. Now that was a good song and everytime I heard it I knew something awesome was about to go down, but I guess it's good he doesn't use it anymore because he has turned into a jobber. I hate the way the creative team has gone with Kane's character.

10) Edge & Christian - "You Think You Know Me"
Whenever I heard those five words, I knew that something fun was coming up.

9) D-Generation X - "Are You Ready"
Same as number 10 but DX had a much longer intro and pumped everyone up alot more.

8) Christian - "At Last Youre On Your Own"
This music suited Christian perfectly, the altered it as well a few times but eventually tweaked it to perfection IMO.

7) Hardy Boyz
Their music stayed the same regardless of the second guitar solo midway through the song. Classic.

6) Shawn Michaels - "Sexy Boy"
Another classic. Speaks for itself.

5) Stone Cold - All Of Them
Always had the same beginning, but each theme had its own great uniqueness. It also meant The Rattlesnake was on his way.

4) Undertaker - Deadman Theme
The gong's always give me goosebumps.

3) Rob Van Dam - "One Of A Kind"
This theme totally matched RVD and was a good song in general.

2) John Cena - "Basics Of Thuganomics"
When Cena was sick.. I knew all the words.

1) Sting - TNA Theme
This has to be the most kickass guitar solo in a theme song. The intro to it is just perfect.

10. The Rock
I didn't really have a 10th, so I had to go with The Rock even though he's not wrestling atm. You have to agree that you just need to hear the intro to get pumped up for a match.

9. CM Punk
This theme fits CM Punks character so well, and its a good tune aswell.

8. Vince McMahon
Everytime you hear McMahon's theme go off, you know something is going to happen. Combined with the walk he does to the ring makes me want to jump in through my TV and punch him in the face lol.

7. Batista
Saliva is a great band, and this song really fits Batista's character. This is also one of the few wrestling themes, I can listen just because it's a good song.

6. Shawn Michaels
A classic, don't need words to describe this one.

5. Randy Orton
While I liked his old theme more, this theme fits his persona better. Plus it really gets the crowd popping.

4. The Miz
Don't need to describe it, other posters did it well higher up in the thread. :)

3. Edge
The whole theme, with Edge's entrance and the pyro's, it's just exceptional.

2. Christian
This theme fits Christian , and it's one of those tunes I can listen too just because it's a good song.

1. Santino Marella
Everytime I hear the opera intro in Santino's theme song, I freak out. Everything just fits perfect with him, the entrance. Just the perfect theme imo.

10. ROB VAN DAM! THE WHOLE F'N SHOW! It's just catchy...

9. Vince McMahon. I've always liked his song. No chance in hell...it's just awesome...

8. Get Ready To Fly, I am I am...I find myself singing along with these words every time...not sure why, just like the song.

7. Sorry...about your damn luck! I just like Beer Money's opening line...it's awesome! Get's to the point. Kind of like Jim Breuer in Half Baked after Jerry Garcia knocks out Samson "Sucks to be you, man!"

6. The Pope's scream at the beginning let's you know who's coming, I love that. It's important to have that. You'll find most of my top picks are themes like that.

5. Hernandez...The whistle gets me every time. You know who's coming out when you hear it. The high-flying, boarder tossing Super-Mex!

4. WEEEEELLLLLLLLL....IT'S THE BIG SHOOOOOW! Enough said.

3. Mark Henry..."Somebody's gunna get their a$$ kicked, some body's gunna get their wig split. Beat em up, beat em up, break his neck, break his neck." That's just great lyrics for any wrestler's theme song, but especially the World's Strongest Man.

2. Triple H - Every line is another reminder that you aint shit and he's better than you, lol that's all that needs to be said here.

1. Randy Orton - No one's theme song fits them better than Orton's. The dude is 100% certifiable... The song tells his story perfectly.

10. Melina- Paparazzi -don't ask me why, but it just kiks and I like it, and it makes you want to walk down your own red carpet. ;)

9. AJ Styles- Get Ready To Fly (remix)- - its got that rap at the beginning and it really captures the energy of the phenomenal one.

8. Jeff Jarrett- My World- that chuckle at the beginning, those guitars, ohh man. Gotta love the double JJ. Plus he is THE MAN for TNA. Screw the haters. :worship:

7. HBK- Sexy Boy- ahh...Mr. showstopper, Mr. Wrestlemania, singing your own song, with Sherri Martel in the background, your little dance on the screen. :rolleyes:

6. Ted DiBiase Sr.- Its All About the Money- his laugh is AWESOME!!! That's all I gotta say, LOVED hearing it when he was the GM for the nite on Raw.

5. Superstar's Theme- Invincible- I actually am digging the rock version of this song by Adelita's Way. I know its not a wrestler's theme, but everyone is on that show. :blush:

4. Randy Orton- Voices- That is the CREEPIEST song, but it fits him in his heel manner. Especially when he took out the mcmahon family. :)

3. Chris Jericho-Break The Walls Down (original)- I admit, been a sucker for this song since day one. I HATED when they tried to make it a heavy metal song. Nothing against metal, but the orignal was WAY better. It suited his personality more, especially the old days when he was face .

2.Christian-Just Close Your Eyes (2009)-I gotta say, I LOVED the remake of this song. I think it works better for him. It really get the crowd pumped. I think it also shows the impact of his moves better when you watch the moves on the titan tron while listening to the song.

1. Edge-Metalingus- I still just go bat shit nuts for AlterBridge anyway. This song just rocks. Edge seems to get the right karma with songs for him. He had the You Think You Know Me, then the Rob Zombie song, both fantastic. Then this Alter Bridge ditty has done wonders as well. I am rockin to these songs on my playlist.

10: CM Punk - This Fire Burns by Killswitch Engage: I'm not a big fan of this type of music but it suits Punk really well.
9: Legacy - It's a New Day by Adelitas Way: This ong fits the Legacy stable well and is quite good.
8: JeriShow - Crank the Walls Down by Maylene & The Sons of Disaster: Good remix from WWE for once. This was an interesting song for the Tag Champs.
7: Sheamus - Lies in Your Face by Sean Jenness: It's a pretty vicious theme that suits the character they're trying to build for Sheamus.
6: Randy Orton - Voices by Rev Thory: Suits his character perfectly.
5: Christian - Just Close Your Eyes by Waterproof Blonde: I feel this version is better than Story of the Year's. It's a great song and works really well for the christian character.
4: Drew McIntyre - Broken Dreams by Downstait: The title just fits perfectly. It's a ton better than McIntyre's previous theme.
3: Chris Jericho - Break the Walls Down by Adam Morenoff: This song has always been great ever since Jericho debuted and well, it ties in with not only Jericho but his moveset too.
2: Triple H - The Game by Motorhead: Ever since they play HHH out to this at WrestleMania 17 I've loved it. Great song.
1: The Miz - I Came to Play by Downstait: A great song that gets me pumped it's all in the lyrics: 'I came to play'.

Note:On another note, Am I the only one who thinks Kane should go back to using his other theme song. Slow Chemical-Finger Eleven. Now that was a good song and everytime I heard it I knew something awesome was about to go down, but I guess it's good he doesn't use it anymore because he has turned into a jobber. I hate the way the creative team has gone with Kane's character.

No, actually you kinda just read my mind.

10. Dolph Ziggler: "I Am Perfection" by Jim Johnston ft. Cage9 - This song fits Ziggler really well and i find it pretty catchy.

9. John Cena: "My Time is Now" by John Cena ft. Tha Trademark- I really don't like John Cena but i think this song fits him.

8. MVP: "I'm Comin" by Silkk the Shocker- Just pure awesome. Plus i'm into this type of music.

7. Zack Ryder: "Radio" by Jim Johnston- I lol'd when i first heard this. But now it's caught on with me and i find it really likeable.

6. Shawn Michaels: "Sexy Boy" by Shawn Michaels - This sing is hilarious! Especially with Sherri in the background. It's just awesome.

5. Shelton Benjamin: "Ain't No Stoppin Me" by ???- Really catchy and underated.

4. Christian: "Just Close Your Eyes" by Story of the Year- Amazing song. The cd version, the newest one, is really amazing.

3. Randy Orton: "Voices" by Rev Theory- Goes perfect with his character, not to mention the song is awesome.

2. Drew McIntyre: "Broken Dreams" by Shaman's Harvest- The opening, to the middle, to the end. Song of a champion.

1. The Miz: "I Came to Play" by Downstraight"- It says it all, "Awesome!"

Current top Ten, Okay.

1) I came to Play (The Miz): This song is great and as a whole listen through came tell you, Its one of the better themes of the recent times. Not just the hook that gets played while he and show enter, But the part when the singer goes

''Run away if u see me
Dont even say my name
Dont think that you can know me
Dont try and play that game
Every day that i get better
I watch as you get worse
My script is too the letter
And i'll write your final verse''

2) "Broken Dreams" by Shaman's Harvest (Drew Mcyintyre)
This theme is frigging AMAZING throughout his entrance. A slow but powerful song, The way they play the song with his titan tron and he walks out slowly walks out. Its got a riff similar to ''If I was you vampire'' by Marilyn Manson in the begining.

3) ''Just Close your eyes'' By Story of the years (Christian)
A new version of his ou waterproof blonde song. At first I didnt like it since I liked the older version so much. But, This grew on me alot. The riffs and the singing work well together.

4) ''Written in my Face'' (Sheamus) The song is awesome lyrically and riff wise. The singer has a irish hint to him, I dig it alot, and It has a great ''After the match'' sound.

5) ''Voices'' (Randy Orton: Though Im not a fan of this face turn thing hes got going on, I love this theme with the Heel Viper Orton. It fits his unstable nature.

6) ''Get ready to Fly'' (Aj Styles) Tna is NOT known for great themes, But AJ's have been incredibly consistent. This is no exception. I love this theme. It keeps the general feel of his older themes, and has a great drum loop around it.

7) Samoa Joe (Nation of violence) Though he dropped this schtick, the music is AMAZING. Shows that Tna is getting better at creating themes rather than just re-creating old songs. Its a dark sound and a very violence drum loop

8) Get on your knees (Jack Swagger) A future champion in my opinion( Hint hint), and this theme is very arrogant sounding as well as it should be for someone as good as him.

9) Ezekial Jackson theme: I chose this because its the old brawl for all beat, and I always like that song.

10) NXT Theme: I dont know why, I just dig this theme. The lyrics (At least the hook) Are a reminder of how young the new talent is, and how hopeful they're future looks.

10) Abyss - "Down In The Catacombs"
Not the one he uses now, the one he's used since debuting on TNA. Its like a more modern and fast paced version of Kane's.

9) Sting (wCw) - "Seek And Destroy"
A cover of one of my favorite Metallica songs.

8) Edge - "Metalingus"
Probably the best WWE theme song along side Triple H's

7) Triple H - "The Game (Drowning Pool Version)"
My most preferred of Triple H's.

6) AJ Styles - "Get Ready To Fly"
The opening line of this great theme can easily be TNA's version of Hustle Loyalty Respect. It drives the crowd insane.

5) Beer Money - "Take A Fall"
This has a great guitar and the lyrics are catchy. And of course who doesn't like sounds of a can of beer being opened followed by the sound of change in your pocket.

4) Matt Hardy - "Live For The Moment"
Too much of this song is cut off for his entrance its too damn great.

3) Raven - "End Of Everything"
He didn't spend much time with it but its an awesome theme from the Forceable Entry CD. One of its best tracks.

2) Kurt Angle - "Gold Medal"
His current one in TNA. Its just an amazing blend of rap and rock, not to mention a great guitar rif.

1) Sandman - "Enter Sandman"
I'm a Metallica mark. I've heard it live. It kicks ass. I wish I had attended One Night Stand '05.

10: Undertaker - Graveyard Symphony, I must admit I couldn't really figure out what I would place as number 10, so I'm pretty much putting Undertaker on it because of the songs association with his entrance rather than the awesomeness of it, because quite honestly I would have a hard time listening to without it being associated with Undertaker.

9: Batista - I walk alone, I must admit I was completely hooked to this song by the very start of my wrestling fan career, and I thought it was absolutely awesome, which is why it even gets on the list, cause I must admit it's kinda fated a bit in awesomeness if you ask me, but it fits his character very well right now, with the whole title of the song.

8: Edge - Metalingus, awesome song, although I could've probably placed it longer down the list, because of it's sheer awesomeness, I must admit a band like Alter Bridge in the length can get a little drawn out to listen to, which is what damages this song in the end, but other than that, I absolutely love it, sick drum works too.

7: The Miz - I came to play, absolutely awesome, I was hooked instantly as Miz made it to the ring with the new theme, I absolutely hated the former one, so it freshened up The Miz, and it did wonders for his character if you ask me.

6: Christian - just close your eyes (the Waterproof Blonde version) now I love the current one, but not as much as I love the one by Waterproof Blonde, it was very chilling, and while it doesn't come off as energetic and pop inspiring as Story of the year's version does, I just prefer this one so much more, the female singer has an incredible voice to top it off.

5: Kurt Angle - gold medal: Killjoy already said it, so I'm just backing him up really, with a different number on the list.

4: CM Punk - This fire burns, I love how it starts, normally being incredibly fascinated by singers able to do growls like that, and listening to the lyrics fits CM Punk a lot, and Punk's name and looks fits very much to the genre of his musical entrance.

3: Randy Orton - Voices, now I don't really see it fitting to Randy, and I must admit I kinda liked the "Burn in my light" better as a fitting thing to Randy, but the song in itself, fitting or not, I like it better as something I could listen to outside of wrestling, which I probably couldn't to "Burn in my light"

2: Chris Jericho - Break the walls down (the current one) love it, love it, love it, the singers voice is awesome, and I actually liked it a lot when it had the count-down, although it wasn't the thing that made it great, I think the whole song in itself builds more to Chris Jericho's arrogance, which is what makes it so great.

1: Triple H - The Game (Motorhead version) Now I've never really been a Motorhead fan, and I must admit I liked the Drowning Pool version better, but the Motorhead theme song fits him better than the Drowning Pool one, and well I don't think there's much need to describe why this theme fits Triple H so well, the song title says it all.

100% agreed... slow chemical way better, kane deserves to be main eventer.

10. Elijah Burke (WWE) – Don’t Waste my time- Remember this song, worked perfectly for his character, was a nice into and a very cocky song…
9. Mark Henry- Sombodys gonna get it- if you love rap you’ll love this song. Surprise WWE hasn’t changed it yet cause of the PG thing…great song for somebody BIG like Mark Henry.
8. Kurt Angle- Gold Medal- into is great too, Egyptian like, and the rap gets into it.
7. AJ Styles- I am(REMIX)- Greatest song on TNA! Made multiple remixs but I love them all. Dale Oliver did a great job with this, great Rock/Rap thing here…
6. Christian-Just close your eyes- to me needs more of a beginning/intro. Love this song, has good message in it too…
5. Triple H- My Time- HHH used this when he turned heel right before he won his first WWE championship. I have no clue why he changed it for, I think performed by DX band great electric guitar parts too.
4. Triple H-The Game (*by Drowning Pool not Motorhead*)- This one is better than his current one. I don’t think he actually used this one for his entrance, other than promo’s.
3. Randy Orton-Voices- Who doesn’t love this song? Creepy song, Randy Orton wouldn’t be the heel he is without this music. Great for the heel character.
2. Drew McIntyre-Broken Dreams- Just like Randy orton’s, great for a heel, like the promo/video at the beginning. Slow moving fit his character as well.
1. The Miz-I came to play- :worship:Oh my god, best song ever. I’ve always hated him. Until he decided to wear tights and get rid of those stupid shorts and get this Theme song. Now i love the guy. Got to be the best intro in the WWE. When I hear I came to play my skin covers with goose bumps, AMAZING SONG!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back