TNA Xplosion Championship

rko57

The Icon
Not too long ago, I suggested a Superstars Championship for the WWE. My idea was for the Champion to defend his belt on Superstars either every week or every other week and when he's champion, he becomes more relevant on the main show and eventually moves on up to challenge the mid-card champion on RAW or Smackdown. Well it seems like this is now being done, but in TNA for Xplosion. Desmond Wolfe introduced it last week on Xplosion and the first champion will be crowned in a tournament.

What do y'all think of it? Are you a fan of what it stands for? That being it being a championship for the wrestlers on the lower card to fight for, and when they're champion, they kind of get recognition and get to wrestle established wrestlers for their mid-card championships on the main show and possibly move their way up

This is not a thread for you to bash about too many championships, because even I think there are too many in TNA, but I love the idea of this championship and what it could do for some of the talent.

It's an interesting idea, & it would certainly give the lower card guys something to work & fight for. I hope that they'll give the Xplosion champion some air time on Impact so that that fans who may not watch Xplosion can be introduced to him & the program. Though I'm not really sure why they don't just use the TV title as this type of championship. It's rarely defended as it is, & this would give it a reason for existing. But, TNA needs to develop it's own talent instead of always taking rejects from WWE, & if this helps them do that, I'm all for it.

i like the idea of having the championship on xplosion! im 100% against the idea of crossing it over to impact! i think shows should keep to their own when it comes to belts! i think it would be a great way to have all the guys that dont make it on impact get a bit of a push and build a fanbase! once they have built that fanbase then they could definately be shown more on impact! i dont like the idea of bringing the belt across and giving them title shots at midcard titles! if they already have the xplosion championship then why should they challenge for another? i think its a great way to expose the rarely seen guys and hopefully elevate them to low card impact but keep the title away from impact! i dont watch wwe anymore but i would say the same there! they could use a superstars championship but keep it off raw and sd! they already have nxt and tough enough and whatever else these days where the winners get some sort of title shots!

i agree it should be done similarly with wwe superstars, but use the zac ryder "internet champion" seeing as superstars is an internet show haha

I am excited for the TNA Xplosion Championship because it is a GREAT way to move someone up higher on the card. If someone still relatively low on the card uses this belt to face guys like the X Division or Television Champion it would really elevate them and help make them into contenders in more important divisions.

In another display of unoriginality....Tna proves they must copy WWE. Its been done. It was called the ECW title....ask Mark Henry how it worked out.

I think Desmond Wolfe's choice of words weren't entirely accurate as to what he meant.

I don't think there's an actual Xplosion Championship. He said "Xplosion Championship Challenge", more in the sense that it's a Challenge to determine a challenger for any Championship, rather than a title in itself.

This is a great way to shoot someone up the card that hasn't been frequently used as of late. Not sure who is in it, but so far I think just Pope has won a match? Don't quote me on that though because I don't really get to watch Xplosion on a weekly basis.

Depending on who is in this tournament though, this is a fantastic way to give a guy a great push and the Xplosion Challenge gives that guy the platform to challenge for the World Title because let's be honest, that's probably what the winner is going to go for. Personally I would like to see the winner go after the TV title and give some damn purpose to that belt but most likely the winner will go on to challenge for the World Title, but it wouldn't be a terrible idea to throw a fresh face or heel in the main event, even if it's just for a brief program with the champ.

So basically, it's the MITB angle just in the form of a championship. Not that there's necessarily anything wrong with that. It sounds like something that has much more promise than the clusterfuck that makes up the Feast or Fired briefcase angle.

Like anything else, it has the potential to be good or bad. If the idea is to use this entirely for wrestlers on the lower card for the puprose of elevating them to mid-card status as X Division or Television Title contenders, then this could be a useful tool. However, I certainly hope we don't see this used as a means of putting guys that aren't ready into the TNA World Heavyweight Championship picture. I read an earlier post from somene saying that they don't want to see the title on Impact Wrestling. The problem there is how anyone could expect TNA to keep this title off of Impact Wrestling and expect it to be relevant. Let's say that The Pope winds up winning the tournament to become the first TNA Xplosion Champion. How're they gonna build him as a relevant challenger to the X Division or Television Championships if he's not on Impact Wrestling hyping the "importance" of the title, what it means to him & his career, etc.? I mean, we just couldn't have Pope relegated to Xplosion and just suddenly pop up on IW and put him in a mid-card title match and have people know or even care about what exactly is going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back