Tna stars released...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dj Martyn

Dazed and Confused
Mike Johnson is also reporting that Jerry Lynn, Matt Bentley, Brother Runt, Damaja and Basham are all gone from TNA. Apparently Lynn asked for his release and the company obliged

The question is....do i care about any of them.....i should care about lynn, because he was great and was always great to watch in the ring...but...he has put on an outstanding match in ages, and i would much rather see him head to ROH to try his hand at a different set of workers for now.

Damaja and Basham...good riddance...go improve on the indy scene and come back to light in a bit...you have potential but your just a bit stale at the minute.

Brother Runt....umm.....i have he eeling if TNA call he will come back when they need him.

Matt bentley...ummm...cant say i am gonna miss him too much...he was alright....ish...

Yeah the only major one is Lynn, but as for your asking for recent, the most recent I know is him vs Sabin at Destination X 2007. That was done pretty well and had good wrestling imo.

Everyone else? Fuck 'em, good news with TNA bringing in all these new guys, least they're cleaning up some wasted space rather then give it to them anyway.

Alex~Vab

The wrestlers that were "released" today were let go from their contracts but were notified by Terry Taylor that they would be booked by a per show basis. Taylor had also told the released talent that if things work out well then they will bring them back under a regular contract. At present, none of the released wrestlers will be heading to WWE. All the released wrestlers are however accepting independent bookings.

http://www.gerweck.net/news/1187239215.shtml

So, this really isn't a big deal anyways. Basically, it was a cost cutting measure, and a convenient way to lose the dead weight. Personally, I could not care less if none of them come back.

this is my prediction where they will end up

1/Bentley will move to wwe smackdown or ecw

2/lynn will move either to ring of honor or wwe as an agent

3/basham and damaja will work japan

4/and runt will just go back to teaching

I'm not that broken up about the losses either. Jerry Lynn probably most out of the others but let's face it, his "comeback" to the X-Division has been sort of a let down. Runt, let's face it, I like 3-D a bit less because of the fact they can't be called who they truly are ( Bubba Ray, D-Von, and Spike: The Dudley Boyz ) and spike seemed to fall off the map after fighting Abyss. Basham and Damaja, I didn't like them when they were in the WWE and I still don't. This is supposed to be Christy Hemme's ultimate weapon against VKM? Last I checked they hadn't been able to beat VKM in a two on two match. And lastly, Matt Bentley aka Martyr. I got no problem with this because he's gone down hill since he became "Maverick Matt" and then to Serotonin. What I hope is that now with him gone, Serotonin is done and we can hopefully see the Raven of old. So in short, like most on here, I'm not that broken up about TNA letting these guys go.

Well, originally I would've said T.N.A. releasing Jerry Lynn was a huge mistake, not just because of how big he is as a wrestler.. but how great he was as a backstage influence. However.. since he apparently asked for his release, then he really shouldn't even be put into this list.

Brother Runt: Team 3D have been going on lately about how they don't like where their characters were headed. Devon has even publically stated that he wants to return/retire in W.W.E. -- my view on this, T.N.A. made a worthless statement to them, with a wrestler they haven't used since when?! Early this year, at best.

Basham/Damaja: T.N.A. isn't going to lose any fan support for dropping either of these two. They won't lose much talent either. The only one I see this move hurting, is possibly Lance Hoyt & Christy Hemme's heel push. Now, they're nothing more than an undercarder male/female duo below the likes of Robert Roode/Ms. Brooks

Matt Bentley: About a year or two ago, I would've said this was a huge mistake as Bentley was a big part of the X-Division. But for the better part of the year, he's just been a lacky to Raven.. in the saddest version of Raven's flock/nest I've seen yet. So all in all, I wish & hope he comes to W.W.E. & they use him a lot better in revamping their cruiserweight division, as he's a priceless jewel if used correctly. Then again, W.W.E.'s cruiserweight division is currently headlined by Hornswoggle.. so good luck to Matt in ROH.

With Brother Runt going, Devon and Ray could be next. We can only hope. As for Lynn? Well, he was getting on and, honestly, the younger X Division guys were starting to run circles around him a bit. But dear lord no, the Bashama Brothers? I'm not sure if TNA will stay afloat. People only tune in to see Basham and Damaja, uh, do what they do... wrestling and stuff. Wait, they've had like a single match in TNA and only appeared on TV about 3 times. Who cares?

I'm glad about Lynn in all honesty. In the beginning of TNA and ECW he would put on some immense performances but as everyones said theres no match that stands out as a good one in recent memory

Im glad for brother runt. I really dont like the character has always got on my nerves.

and Bentleys the only one that i can say suprises me. Can see him going back to the indys again.

But dear lord no, the Bashama Brothers? I'm not sure if TNA will stay afloat. People only tune in to see Basham and Damaja, uh, do what they do... wrestling and stuff. Wait, they've had like a single match in TNA and only appeared on TV about 3 times. Who cares?

Exactly! I tuned in to see Basham & Damaja, more or less just so I can continue to see Christy Hemme ****ting it up. Since 2 of her 3 boys have been released, I'm afraid T.N.A. won't understand how to follow what their name truly implys.. T-n-A.. lol

I'm not too fussed about any of them. I hate Matt Bentley with a passion. The Bashams bore the shit out of me. Brother Runt hadn't been used in months and Lynn wasn't wrestling on TNA TV 6 months ago.

Runt and Lynn could still be valuable. But Runt isn't a wrestler that you consistently need to feature. And while Lynn can still go, I think he look's too old to be hanging with wrestlers in the X-Division.

While none of these guys are too big, I think it is a sign to come that alot of the TNA "originals" are gonna start leaving. 3D and the NAO all want out of their contracts, Joe turned down an extension, and I can't imagine alot of the X division guys are happy how they're get shafted on TV. I think this is jsut the tip of the iceberg.

Not that broken up about it, but when you consider that I have to put up with Andrew Martin over Lynn and Michael Shane/Bentley/Maverick (whatever the fuck his name is) its disappointing. The ones that should really be out of a job are Russo, Jarrett and Mantell.

Why haven't any of the morons in the Impact Zone started a weekly "We want Paul E." or a "Bring back D'Amore" chant. Let the idiot bookers know that they are feeding us shit and that there are people who do their job much better than they could ever hope to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back