TNA Should Move To Puerto Rico

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
6VAuJSE.png

This was a radical little idea I had pitched on my website. It's a bit farfetched but lets be honest. TNA isn't getting much attention right now. Their attendance is very low. Their talent is dry. There is no money being made. There is no energy. How do you re-energize? We've heard so many pitch the idea of TNA moving to the UK where the fans seems far more supportive. But realistically that's way too expensive. Visas, flights and all its far too expensive. But the UK is no the only hotbed with no real top promotion.

Puerto Rico. It's where hardcore wrestling evolved into what FMW would eventually adopt. It was hot during the 80's but it died out after the Brody incident. Their top promotion draws no more than 200 people. WWC, existing for 42 years has fallen to a terrible status. But in 2014, a new company had debuted. Drawing 3000 for monthly tapings with local talent. The one time Alberto Del Rio appeared, attendance doubled before the promotion folded due to backstage issues with the president. Point being, there's interest in wrestling. If a local promotion can hit 6000 for an event with low quality, TNA can easily match and surpass that quality. That along with the name value, which while damaged is nowhere near as bad as WWC. Add the international wrestlers in TNA like Roode, Lashley, The Hardys, Galloway and on... Yeah, I'd say they'd do far better there than they would in the US where companies struggle so often, even ROH.

There's minimal expense. You don't need visas. Its a 3 hour flight from Orlando. 4 and half from Nashville. Point being there's minimal loss and plenty to gain going into unconquered territory that's just waiting to be claimed.

It couldn't hurt to for them to give it a try, goodness knows that company has tried everything else. Depends on the logistics of this transition though. If the current roster moved to a location in Puerto Rico with the currently active titles and keep Impact as the flagship show then there's potential of eventual success, especially given the interest you spoke of in the opening post. The only problem would be the people "running" the company and the team who books the shows. Are they coming to Puerto Rico too if TNA moves there? Something tells me if the same people were still in control, the company still wouldn't flourish, even in an environment where the biggest potential competitor is significantly worse. Still, it's an option that's worth considering for them.

You have a website?

Moving on...

Yeah, this isn't the worst idea in the world. Far from it, actually. My only question would be if Puerto Rico as a market could sustain the company. What are local wrestling shows usually ticketed at, and what's the cash fluidity for the average Puerto Rican? I mean, would TNA tickets be considered expensive for them?

Also, I'm assuming you're referring to World Wrestling League?

No. There is zero reason to move to PR. The country is in major debt, they have major unemployment and poverty plus a serious drought on top of that. The citizens are looking to get out of poverty by moving to the U.S. not spending what little money they have on a crappy wrestling show.

You have a website?

Moving on...

Yeah, this isn't the worst idea in the world. Far from it, actually. My only question would be if Puerto Rico as a market could sustain the company. What are local wrestling shows usually ticketed at, and what's the cash fluidity for the average Puerto Rican? I mean, would TNA tickets be considered expensive for them?

Also, I'm assuming you're referring to World Wrestling League?
The prices are usually around the $10 to $25 range depending on the level of event.
No. There is zero reason to move to PR. The country is in major debt, they have major unemployment and poverty plus a serious drought on top of that. The citizens are looking to get out of poverty by moving to the U.S. not spending what little money they have on a crappy wrestling show.
......What? Since when are wrestling promotions attached to the government? Clearly you're talking out of what you hear. Where as I live it. Compared to other places, poverty is an exaggeration.

But more to the obvious, wrestling has fuck all to do with selfish politicians being found out.

6VAuJSE.png

This was a radical little idea I had pitched on my website. It's a bit farfetched but lets be honest. TNA isn't getting much attention right now. Their attendance is very low. Their talent is dry. There is no money being made. There is no energy. How do you re-energize? We've heard so many pitch the idea of TNA moving to the UK where the fans seems far more supportive. But realistically that's way too expensive. Visas, flights and all its far too expensive. But the UK is no the only hotbed with no real top promotion.

Puerto Rico. It's where hardcore wrestling evolved into what FMW would eventually adopt. It was hot during the 80's but it died out after the Brody incident. Their top promotion draws no more than 200 people. WWC, existing for 42 years has fallen to a terrible status. But in 2014, a new company had debuted. Drawing 3000 for monthly tapings with local talent. The one time Alberto Del Rio appeared, attendance doubled before the promotion folded due to backstage issues with the president. Point being, there's interest in wrestling. If a local promotion can hit 6000 for an event with low quality, TNA can easily match and surpass that quality. That along with the name value, which while damaged is nowhere near as bad as WWC. Add the international wrestlers in TNA like Roode, Lashley, The Hardys, Galloway and on... Yeah, I'd say they'd do far better there than they would in the US where companies struggle so often, even ROH.

There's minimal expense. You don't need visas. Its a 3 hour flight from Orlando. 4 and half from Nashville. Point being there's minimal loss and plenty to gain going into unconquered territory that's just waiting to be claimed.

I should corroborate with you on certain aspects. UK is far more expensive, at least like 5 times that of Puerto Rico. Moreover, UK have their own promotions, local events and much more to entertain their fans. Bringing up TNA to UK based on two or three British Stars in their roster could be a catastrophic and huge money loss for TNA.

On the contrary note for giving my verdict, I don't know much about the WWC or the other promotions in Puerto Rico. But, hypothetically Puerto Rico has a solid fanbase for Wrestling. If TNA could move there, they'll provide the product what the fans wants. Even if they couldn't draw the fans as they would've expected, they can move back to USA and there won't be a much money loss.

More importantly, TNA is deprived of talents, as many had found their ways to depart and many had signed with other promotions. TNA could hire the Puerto Rican natives and run a better show than what they would have in USA. But I sense one problem, the language barrier can be. If they could find a way to overcome this hurdle, this could be a much better idea.

Since TNA at this point has nothing left to lose by trying it, I say go for it. Not only could TNA sign some Puerto Rican wrestlers to their roster, they could also possibly do a talent trade/joint show/s with the WWC, which in turn could also help rejuvenate the WWC along with helping to cement TNA's newfound presence within Puerto Rico.

Also, since TNA smartly does taped/live shows in other countries(such as India), IF TNA ever relocated to Puerto Rico, then TNA would be in a better position strategically, as well as physically(as far as plane flight travel and ticket prices are concerned especially) to hold both televised and live shows in countries such as Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Peru, Cuba, Uruguay, Ecuador, Mexico, etc TNA could also end up signing some wrestlers from some of the countries I mentioned above.

What's your site?

No. PR is a terribly poor country, crime is at an all time high over there, unsafe work environment, poor or almost no medicaid, terrible debt. PR is turning into Syria with what's going on.

The tickets for the show there are given practically for free or close to it which is why some shows draw a good attendance. Most of the promotions over there depend on commercials from TV to make a decent profit which is why those shows have banners all over the rings and arena. Also, where's the connection to TNA and PR? They would need a wrestler of PR descent for people to even care about going to TNA.

No, moving TNA to PR would not be a good move at all simply for the fact that their is no goldmine in PR for TNA to find success.

TNA may possibly bring in Carlito Colon into TNA cause that is the only way they will receive and get any recognition as this point! Just like TNA they have a few wrestlers who are from INDIA descent same should apply for Carlito Colon or Carlos Colon whatever his name is or have that name change cause Colon I wouldn t want my last name to be that

Doesn't make any sense unless they hire a couple of guys that will sell tickets in that region.

TNA gets good attendances in the UK, but with the logistics I don't think they could tour twice a year.

A PPV held in the UK might be an idea.

The prices are usually around the $10 to $25 range depending on the level of event.

......What? Since when are wrestling promotions attached to the government? Clearly you're talking out of what you hear. Where as I live it. Compared to other places, poverty is an exaggeration.

But more to the obvious, wrestling has fuck all to do with selfish politicians being found out.

Your a fucking tool. My comment had nothing to do with politics or government but I can see my post went right over your head. If a person doesn't have a job and very little money are you going to use it to help you and your family survive or buy an ticket to a wrestling show?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back