TNA's Union Of Promotions

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
TNA is bare bones right now. PPV's are in question. Contracts are up. House shows are down. The wrestlers need work from here until TNA can get back together. And even then there's no guarantee that it can sustain it's roster on it's own. Or if there will be a big enough roster as contracts keep going down. But TNA has allowed it's talent to go do work for it's partners. Even allowing them to appear on TV. TNA superstars were heavily featured on House Of Hardcore's first ever iPPV. The Hardys, Bobby Roode, Austin Aries and on. Zema Ion and Robbie E appeared on several AAA TV tapings. And now Bobby Roode, James Storm and Abyss have been confirmed to appear in Puerto Rico's WWL. Of course then there's also the work TNA does with Wrestle-1.

With TNA down and looking a new image, I think it's time to tap into these pools. TNA has international sources right now with AAA, Wrestle-1 and WWL. No one's asking for random cross overs. But with the X Division, Knockout and especially the Tag Team scene being dry wells as they head to Destination America, I think it's time for these promoters to return the favors. Bring in Ivelisse Velez from AAA/WWL. Bring in the international tag teams. Have The Wolves lock up with The Psycho Circus. Mr. 450 vs Low Ki. Manik vs Myzteziz. TNA keeps giving to keep their roster's income going. But I think it's time they ask for some favors in return. Hold some tapings at Domo San Luis in Mexico. If the rumors of Alberto Del Rio signing are true, go to his home arena then. Take TNA to Puerto Rico at WWL's home arena. Hold a taping at the ECW Arena where House Of Hardcore just was. It's time to give back. And TNA deserves to get aid from these promotions after the exposure it gives to them and the talent they get to borrow.

I think more or less TNA is doing that to help their roster more than help another promotion's gain.

The thing is, TNA's roster is probably having low morale because sometimes they are not getting paid and when they are, they are not getting paid enough. On top of them being worried that at times they don't even know if TNA is going to be around anymore. TNA's management has to do something to keep them happy and keep them wanting to stick around and be loyal to TNA. Which is definitely the reason why they haven't completely left TNA because they know that they can have extra work with other promotions and still live making a good income in this industry.

On Destination America, we're going to see Impact Wrestling with a new look and overhaul. The problem with that is, anyone that is going to be tuning in is a big TNA fan, and that small amount of viewers that haven't seen TNA before? You have to educate them on who TNA is, who are the TNA mainstays, and who should they pay attention to.

Bringing in non-TNA talent, is yeah, going to entertain us hardcore fans and put on a big show for people viewing, but people view episodic television for story line progression and evolution of characters and product. If TNA borrows people, they are going to be working backwards and the time the newly earned viewers invest in a character that isn't going to be there anymore because of their obligations to their home promotions ... well, TNA just lost viewership and into a deeper hole, they dig.

I don't like it. First I prefer a promotion having a core group of talent together instead of borrowing guys. If a guy comes in and gets over, you want to see more of him but due to obligations with the other promotion he is involved with he can't come in as much to TNA (Ex: Jack Evans, Mexico).

Second, TNA is not in any bare bones if they are keeping and resigning Kurt Angle, Gail Kim and are pursuing Alberto Del Rio. That is not a company in cost cutting mode.

I'm near sure TNA signed a lot of the roster to contacts in the last few months.

I don't know the financials of the new TV deal but it doesn't look like it'll harm too many of the roster when it comes to renewals.

I'm with you KJ.

I'm thinking the perfect plan is for TNA to start working closely with a league of partner promotions- AAA, W-1, WWL, HOH, and a UK-based company like RPW or something, would work great. And then TNA can occasionally borrow talent from the international promotions when needed and cycle fresh faces in and out every few weeks and perhaps even elevate a new outsider to a star if someone catches lightning.

And at the same time TNA can repay those loan outs by allowing its own talent to work regularly with all of those partner companies, which also insures that TNA contracted talent get enough bookings to cover the loss of TNA live tour events.

There's even the option to work out a scenario where they share the cost of a top free agent with one of those international promotions, similar to what has been a rumored possibility with Alberto between TNA and AAA. I could see them working with a company like Revolution Pro to maybe get a contract with a guy like Drew Galloway. There are lots of ways they could go with these almost NWA style unions. Its not all too much different from what some have specualted Jeff Jarrett is trying to build with GFW.

And it all makes too much sense, especially as it fits in nicely, and even helps with, the newly shrunken budget.

I haven't the faintest idea of who is in WWL, or who their champions are, etc. but the way I see this is pretty simple — this ought to be treated the way territories were. A working agreement between the two companies would allow for each companies' contracted talent to appear (on television or not) as part of an exchange program designed to artificially boost the depth of one anothers' rosters. My guess is that neither company has the funds or means to field a tremendous roster depth, so the idea should be to borrow from one another as needed to supplant various story lines and feuds.

I haven't the faintest idea of who is in WWL, or who their champions are, etc. but the way I see this is pretty simple — this ought to be treated the way territories were. A working agreement between the two companies would allow for each companies' contracted talent to appear (on television or not) as part of an exchange program designed to artificially boost the depth of one anothers' rosters. My guess is that neither company has the funds or means to field a tremendous roster depth, so the idea should be to borrow from one another as needed to supplant various story lines and feuds.
Its not even a matter of who the talent is. Its more about stretching its fanbase and paychecks. TNA has never set foot in Puerto Rico. But this would be the 3rd time the companys World Champ shows up for a show there. They loaned Sting to WWC for their 40th Anniversary show. TNA has a budding following there, but they've never been able to set foot there. Same thing with Mexico. TNA wants and needs to get on the road. But they also need to sell those places out. WWLs last show did a 3000+ attendance without TNA. Its a boost now. But for WWL. Same with AAA and the 20,000 they normally get for Triplemania.

Having the talent of these companies on the midcard will ensure fans of said company will have a reason to care. At the same time, TNA gives those talents exposure in the U.S. Especially now where being with TNA means you've got a ton of options on the side with a guaranteed higher earning for being TV.

IMO TNA should market itself as a modern version of the territory system, even if only in kayfabe.

Because that's what it looks like GFW is trying to do with NJPW's involvement.

The worldwide territory thing can be TNA's niche, bringing in talent from promotions all over the world to fight for their belts, thus increasing the prestige of TNA's title(s).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back