TNA Round 2, Match 6: The Nasty Boys vs. Team Rated RKO

The Nasty Boys vs. Team Rated RKO

• Nasty Boys

• RKO

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following matchup takes place in the Six Sided Ring.

The Nasty Boys are the team of Brian Knobbs and Jerry Saggs from 1990-1995

Team Rated RKO are Edge and Randy Orton from 2006-2007.

I have never seen the appeal of the nastys. They're ok, but just ok. Never thought they deserved a bye in the first round here at all. They had some title reigns, but they were very sloppy and just brawlers. RKO was a good team, but was just two guys thrown together. They had a lackluster title reign when the titles were worthless. However, either of them have had bigger careers than the nastys combined, so its RKO.

I went with the Nasty Boys here, so it's the first time KB and I have disagreed today.

I am making it a point to avoid voting for any throw-together team who accomplished nothing as a team other than to advance singles storylines. That's what team RKO did. It wasn't a true "tag team" so much as it was an alliance of two heels to give create more of an impact on their singles careers. And aside from an enticingly star-studded feud with Dx, and a hilarious match at Survivor Series, Team Rated RKO was just a short term gimmick.

The Nasty Boys, on the other hand, were a terrific heel tag team. They had no redeeming qualities that made fans want to cheer them, they had the ultimate heel manager in Jimmy Hart, and they opposed such fan favorites as the Legion of Doom, the Hart Foundation, and the Natural Disasters. They won the WWF Tag Team Titles twice in arguably the greatest period of tag team wrestling in company history, had a hot face turn against Money Inc., and even had a good deal of success in WCW.

There's no reason to turn a blind eye to a classic tag team just to support two singles wrestlers in a short term storyline.

I'm fairly certain they only won them once, winning at WM 7 and I believe losing to the LOD. My biggest problem here is that as much as I try, I can't picture them beating either Orton or Edge. You're definitely right that RKO was a team thrown together for a short time with not a lot there, but I just can't see the Nastys picking this up. WHile they were indeed a good heel team, Edge and Orton are better individual heels.

You're right - 1 time WWF Champs, 3-time WCW. I thought they'd won them a 2nd time from Money Inc. My bad. I'd still pick the Nasty's though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back