TNA Region, Brasilia Subregion, First Round: (10) El Santo vs. (23) William Regal

Who Wins This Matchup?

• El Santo

• William Regal

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Bayamon Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil.

Nilson+Nelson+Parking+Lot

El_Santo.jpg

#10. El Santo

Vs.

williamregal8_display_image.jpg

#23. William Regal

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Regal is a great wrestler and a solid hand. If I was starting a promotion, people like Regal is who I'd want on board. However, he is simply not in the same league as Santo who is by far one of the biggest wrestlers of all time. Coupled with the fact that this match is in latin america, and I think a Santo victory becomes a formality.

I've always loved William Regal as a wrestler, and feel that had his personal demons not got in his way, he would have accomplished much more then he did. An incredible talker, smooth in the ring, with psychology among the best of his time.

Unfortunately, he's drawing El Santo, who is seeded far too low here in his own region. He'ld be the face here with the crowd massively behind him, and an eye gouge or an attempt to use brass knucks wouldn't be enough to beat Santo. Regal simply wouldn't be able to keep up with him. His legacy in Mexico is unchallenged, and Regal wouldn't be the one to present such challenge. Santo wins here.

Regal is a great wrestler and exactly the type of guy that would job to a bigger name in the first round of a tournament like this. To say El Santo is the bigger name would be an understatement. Regal was a great mid card wrestler that never came close to reaching the top. El Santo was on top for years and easily moves to the next round.

As were most of the international talents, El Santo was tragically underseeded, but for this round that's not an issue. Regal was always entertaining and an excellent technical talent, but facing the most storied Luchadore of all time in South America is way too big a task for him. El Santo should advance easily.

William Regal is a great wrestler, but a bit out of his league against El Santo. Regal will give him everything he can handle, but at the end of the day El Santo is too big of a star to lose here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back