Who Wins This Matchup?

• Edge

• Bam Bam Bigelow

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the TNA Region, Bayamon Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under TNA Rules. It will be held at the Nilson Nelson Gymnasium in Brasilia, Brazil.

Nilson+Nelson+Parking+Lot

Edge-Banner.jpg

#7. Edge

Vs.

FLO_1_td17bam1_227751_1117.jpg

#26. Bam Bam Bigelow

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Bigelow is entertaining for a big man, but he never really laid sufficient foundations anywhere to become a true great of the sport. Edge carved out a niche character and the idea of an opportunist like him was perfect in an age of oversaturation of wrestling on TV. His reigns may well have been short, but that was the point - he was all about the initial victory. Edge wins here.

I've always found Bigelow to be underrated as a wrestler, and Edge to be overrated, to be honest. His eleven title reigns were all the result of shortcuts, cash-in's, and favors from his wife/girlfriend GM.

But the fact is, that was the character Edge played, and he did it with style. He may have lost rematches to the big names that he faced, but he became an 11 time champion by beating them in the first place. He beat Cena in his hometown with the stipulation being that if he was disqualified, he lost his title.

The result? He used brass knucks and beat Cena anyway. Even with odds stacked against him, Edge often found a way. He lost the rematch, but this isn't a 2/3 falls tournament. Edge moves on here.

I'm a fan of Bam Bam Bigelow but for whatever reason he never quite lived up to his potential. He had the look. He had the talent. He just never had the success. His only major program was losing to a football player at WM11. Even during a time when the WWF roster was a little weak Bigelow never got a big program with top guys like Bret Hart or The Undertaker like I wanted.

Edge on the other hand was very successful. He did benefit from competing during a time where there were more titles to win and they changed hands more frequently but his path to success was more of an old school one. He started off in a tag team and took about two years before the team started seeing real success. After a couple good years he went on his own and hung around the mid card for a while capturing a couple IC titles. After a few years of that he hit the main event and became world champion and stayed on that level for a few years. It was the ideal natural progression of a wrestler a la Bret Hart or Shawn Michaels. It may not seem like the best matchup but a prime Edge should be able to get by Bigelow pretty easily.

Bigelow is extremely underrated in my opinion. He was very athletic for a big man, and definitely had the right look of a "monster heel" type wrestler. I know he had some success as a champion in ECW, but never really achieved what he could have in WWE or WCW.

Edge on the other hand, is the most decorated wrestler in WWE history. He was won everything there is to win on multiple occasions, and while I don't think he was good enough to be an 11x world champion (ELEVEN FUCKING TIMES?!), he was definitely a top level talent who improved and got better with more experience. His title reigns were short, but his gimmick was "the ultimate opportunist", a guy who sneaks in and takes full advantage of the opportunities infront of him. He'd have to live up to that name in this one, I have no doubt that Edge would find a way to get a sneaky win over the big man as his spear wouldnt do much against a man of Bammer's size.

I could see Edge with a roll up, or a sunset flip or cross body etc. He'd steal one certainly, after taking a bit of punishment from the big man.

Winner: Edge

I voted Bam Bam simply because he deserves at least one vote in this thing. He had a lot of potential, but didn't quite live up to it. That being said, he was dangerous as all hell. A former bounty hunter who has tattoos on his friggin' head. His head. You have to be some kind of nut to do that to yourself.

Bigelow also wrestled in an era were big wins were tough to come by. He was in the WWF as a bit player during Hulkamania and even had a cup of coffee in the NWA when Flair was running things as champion.

I know Edge has the title reigns, the bigger wins, and the opportunist mentality to steal a win, but why not Bam Bam?

Bam Bam.

I was a huge fan of Bam bam, but he was never quite able to take his career to the next level. Edge has beaten them all. He has a bit too many title reigns in a short time cheapening them a bit, but he still has the resume to go over Bam Bam.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back