• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

TNA Presents 'Final Resolution' — Will Jeff Hardy Retain the World Title?

Good wrestling.

Aaaand...not a whole lot else.

They did a lot of small things well. I thought each of the matches was decent, and they all had their place on the card. Daniels/Styles made watching the show worth it. The main event was a good enough match that I didn't regret the show being worth it.

I'll say this: had this PPV happened three months ago, it would have been damn good. But there was just simply not enough progress to merit yet another TNA pay-per-view where nothing really happened. Every once in awhile I'm ok with a filler event, if the wrestling is good. But that's pretty much become TNA's M.O. in the later part of 2012.

That's the problem with almost every invader group. They have basically no purpose besides the initial shock and it just keeps floundering.

This one is especially bad. They're just there anymore and they hardly ever win anything. This has been going on for SIX MONTHS and we know D-Von and Doc are in it. That's literally it and we know nothing else. That's ridiculous.

Maybe I missed something throughout the night: but could someone tell me where "team angle" was at the end of the show, when A&8's were fucking people up in the ring??

Hell- where was Anyone from TNA?

This one is especially bad. They're just there anymore and they hardly ever win anything. This has been going on for SIX MONTHS and we know D-Von and Doc are in it. That's literally it and we know nothing else. That's ridiculous.
Yeah, don't start stories if you don't have a broad arc in your mind, or better yet an at least decent culmination. Doing something for the shock will bite you in the ass more often than not. But that would require thought and planning, so we can't have that. I have a hard time remembering recent start-to-finish stories that were played out like planned. Throwing on the wall seems to be the rule of thumb these days.

Yeah, don't start stories if you don't have a broad arc in your mind, or better yet an at least decent culmination. Doing something for the shock will bite you in the ass more often than not. But that would require thought and planning, so we can't have that. I have a hard time remembering recent start-to-finish stories that were played out like planned. Throwing on the wall seems to be the rule of thumb these days.

The whole thing has crashed since BFG. Revealing D-Von as the first member was death for this angle.

Also, where was Angle or someone for the save? Didn't Storm say that he had Hardy's back?

Story progression!

tumblr_meh7nc42PZ1r6tiuzo4_400.gif

The whole thing has crashed since BFG. Revealing D-Von as the first member was death for this angle.

I honestly don't believe it's an angle at this point. An angle would mean there's a story attached to it. Generally, that would mean a group like this would have a purpose and you'd reveal it so the viewer would know why this group exists and would have a reason to invest in it. It's been like 6 months and we don't have even a sliver of that. All we know is that they are bikers and they have Devon and Doc.

We need to stop kidding ourselves. There is no angle. TNA was trying to capitalize on the popularity of Sons of Anarchy so they made a group of bikers. They have no purpose or story other than to tell non viewers "hey, we have bikers! It's like Sons of Anarchy!" Only it isn't. It's wrestling and these threatening men go and lose matches every now and again. They aren't a threat to anyone. They are men in vests so that if channel changers come across it, they think it'll be like SOA. Nothing more, nothing else.

Fair play to TNA though, they don't really need an angle if that's what they're going for. Most SOA fans seems to watch that show at an astonishingly superficial level.

Fair play to TNA though, they don't really need an angle if that's what they're going for. Most SOA fans seems to watch that show at an astonishingly superficial level.

Because it's voyeuristic and gives a lot of the audience a means to live a "bad boy" life vicariously through characters that cost you nothing when they're killed or imprisoned.

My issue with Aces & Eights isn't that they are tapping into the SOA popularity. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is this total failure to explain their purpose at almost every turn. At some point, you need to know why you are loving or hating the group, no? I mean, even SOA went that far.

Because it's voyeuristic and gives a lot of the audience a means to live a "bad boy" life vicariously through characters that cost you nothing when they're killed or imprisoned.

My issue with Aces & Eights isn't that they are tapping into the SOA popularity. I'm fine with that. What I'm not fine with is this total failure to explain their purpose at almost every turn. At some point, you need to know why you are loving or hating the group, no? I mean, even SOA went that far.

Yeah, that was my point. You can't just make a bunch of dudes look like bikers and hope to take SOA's audience simply because people are flipping channels and come across your show. From what I gather, SOA is a TV show which means it has to have plots and stories. Also, the groups of bikers on the show I'm sure have personalities and reasoning for actions. We have none of that with Aces and Eights.

Even if they were to reveal a leader or a purpose at this point, it would be too late. The group has been around a long time and all they've done is attacks. When they've had matches, they've lost, except for Devon's TV title which is supposed to mean something somehow. It's a lost cause. Cut the cord.

SOA is on Tuesday nights anyway, so there's no chance you're going to nab their audience. The two programs air on completely different nights.

SOA is on Tuesday nights anyway, so there's no chance you're going to nab their audience. The two programs air on completely different nights.

That's why you can. If it was on Thursdays, then you wouldn't get their audience because they'd be, you know, watching SOA. On Thursdays, they are surfing their sets looking for programming. That's the idea.

LOL, Bestia just understood wrestling better than KB.

I thought this PPV was fine for a B show. In general I do have a problem with the A8 attacks in the ring but it has always been that way for beatdowns. Makes no sense but is necessary for story telling purposes. If that is what bothers you then you aren't trying hard enough. Almost the entire locker room spent months looking for A8 because they desperately wanted to get their hands on them. This culminated in A8 making their prescence known on every impact and not one person has gone after them in the back sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back