TNA Moving To ESPN In The U.K ?

Hitman-1998-Hargreaves

Dark Match Winner
Early On This Year , Espn Delcared There Intresred In Buy The Rights For Tna In The U.k .

In A Bid They Unsuccesful Witch Lead Extreme Sports Gettin To Show Tna Explosion And Bravo Hosting Impact.

Sky Sports (Espn Big Rival) Is The Most Succesful Sports Channel In The U.k With All Of Its Channels Having HD . They Have Had Wwe For Numerous Of Years In The U.K And Atract Huge Audicences Just Watching Raw And Smackdown.

Bravo Owned By Virgin Isnt The Largest Of Channels But Host Impact and The Tna PPV For Quite A Couple Of Years.

UFC Witch Is Broadcast On Espn And Five (Sometimes) Is Kind Of Sister Of Tna Impact !

Again Sky Show Boxing .

So Are Espn Trying To Rival Sky In The Bid For The Best Show .

Please Comment On This . Do You Think Tna Would Be Succesful ? Were You Prefer To Watch It ?

The reason TNA gets better ratings then WWE over here is because all satellite systems (except freeview) have Bravo as one of the basic options, where as the sports packages are an extra cost. ESPN is an extra cost so, for TNA's figures, they'd be best to stay on Bravo, and keep as much visibility as possible.

Apart from that please, please, learn not to put a capital letter at the beginning of every word and be more accurate with your facts as:

Bravo has been showing TNA Impact for ages. Extreme Sports has Xplosion and the PPV's.

ESPN has HD channels as well. The audience for Raw and Smackdown aren't huge (even the repeats of Smackdown on Sky One don't get that big an audience)

Bravo is a well known channel that gets consistently entertaining cult shows (such as Dog The Bounty Hunter and Deadliest Warrior) and gets better ratings then Sky Sports does for their wrestling shows.

UFC is nothing to do with TNA at all. They just were set up as part of Spike's Monday Night Fight theme for a while. Now TNA's back on Thursday, they're not linked at all.

BBC and ITV also show boxing. Not as often, but they show it.

If ESPN were trying to rival Sky Sports for the best wrestling show then they'd open negotiations with WWE. Not because WWE always has the better shows, but because they're the bigger name which would make ESPN more visible in this country (to wrestling fans at least).

Hope TNA stays on Bravo which is free and if TNA went to ESPN then the Americans would have to watch ESPN because Bravo is basically Spike as they have the same shows on like Deadliest Warrior, 1000 ways to die and Spartacus Blood and sand. (these are my favourite programs)

Hitman-1998-Hargreaves please don't scare me like that with the title 'TNA Moving To ESPN In The U.K ?' Because I love watching TNA but I will not pay for it.

So in my option TNA should stay on Bravo/Spike.

hey, if tna switched to ESPN then us guys who subscribe to sky would have to pay 9 pounds extra per month for the privelege! would a pure TNA fan that isnt a football fan pay 9 pounds a month for 4 episodes of impact? i like football too so ill be buying ESPN anyway, so either channels fine with me! it would be cool if sky sports bought impact and the ppv's cause then we would get a good quality production, in HD AND the events could also be screened live rather than waiting up to a week. if there is a tna 3 hour special bravo tend to squash it all into 2 hours, if it went to ESPN/SKY SPORTS they would probably show the whole thing. Bravos better than nothing and to be honest ill watch it anywhere it goes!

I don't understand Bravo's coverage. Everytime I turn it on it seems to be a very old edition of impact. I'm pretty sure last time I saw it was on the Main Event Mafia and Booker T were in the ring. Very old.

Seeing as though BSkyB have brought the Virgin channels (which includes Bravo), once it gets past the regulator one thing is likely to happen goodbye TNA. Virgin the channel itself is already confirmed to be going and Bravo has been rumoured to follow suit. I can't see Sky moving it over to anything with the Sky brand on it considering the relationship with the WWE.

Will ESPN take it up, perhaps although you are greatly mistaken on a few things. ESPN is not a rival to Sky, the two companies have no issues with one another and to Sky is good having them there as it gets around stupid EU competition laws. Sky even provided them equipment for last years football and gave them a HD channel. Something they never allowed Setanta. I think they will take them up over on ESPN, but I'm sure Sky will make sure it doesn't come on at any time the WWE is on over on Sky Sports.

TNA don't have much options over here when you think about it. BBC, ITV, Channel 4 and 5 (with its cheap owner) won't take it up. The likes of Dave, Watch are a joint venture between the BBC and Virgin Media (not to be confused with the Virgin channels). I can't see it happening giving it has a small budget. You are then left with the small channels and Sky, so they may just end up on Extreme Sports entirely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back