TNA Impact dropped by Fox 8 in Australia

GameOver

Mid-Card Championship Winner
OK not dropped but

Time for Aussie's whether you like TNA or not to rant away :)
Personally i don't like TNA most of the time but it's atleast watchable and something to watch late on a saturday night

Anyway here's the story
Fox8 (Foxtel's entertainement channel) home of all the wrestling on Foxtel as well as a host of other entertainment shows, has decided not to renew there contract to show TNA programming and PPV's

One HD a Free To Air TV Channel still shows the TNA Explosion or whatever it's called and so does on of the other Foxtel sports related channels. but til further notice Impact will no longer be televised in Australia.

All parties involved are working on trying to cut a deal, but with poor ratings and the high costs of buying the satelite feeds to televise it Fox8 likely won't change there minds unless alot of people bitch and complain or TNA pick up there game.

They did the same thing with WWE Raw/Smackdown/Heat programming (not the PPV's) way back when TNA first went cable. WWE was dropped for almost a year in favour of the much cheaper contract of TNA, but within a year of people bitching they brought it back

There's every possibility it may move to another channel, there's even a channel dedicated to fighting sports in Fuel TV which currently shows UFC amongst other sports related stuff

Thoughts

TNA Impact despite all it's failings didn't really get any advertising on the channel anyway
went from Tuesday's at 3pm with a replay on a saturday night, to Saturday nights at 9pm with no replay and in the last year pushed back to 11pm on a saturday night.
Without warning the last impact was axed, still had it listed on the Show Guide til the Saturday
WWE's and the other shows on the channel all got regular advertising
PPV's recieved advertising same as WWE one's were still.

FINALLY! I cant vent my RAGE :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Went to IQ it Saturday night and it wasn't on! So devo!

Hopefully it will come back soon, sounds like we missed a haf decent iMPACT! this week aswell. Now we have to watch it via youtube or torrents, which I don't want to do when I usually watch it on my 42" TV. :banghead::banghead:

I see they still have TNA Epics on FuelTV, but isn't that just weekly highlights and interviews anyway? I.e.: a waste of time.

Also, with it being on 11:30pm on a Saturday night, what did they expect from the ratings anyway? At least when it got replayed on Tuesday afternoons at 3:30pm {for a short stint} the ratings were better.

aaa yeah that's the one TNA Epics, and One HD the FTA channel has TNA Explosion
OH sorry there should be a correction too i meant jsut Impact. not sure on the PPV's as they were only advertised on Main Event and Fox 8 anyway

That's not Fox8 though so have to assume they wouldn't just cut those off too.

Noth that i'm botherd by that. Haven't bought a TNA PPV in years.
I'm not that silly :p

Fox 8 has a lot of really weird shows on their programming that one would think "why is it even on here?" So for them to not renew the contract for TNA's Impact is an important indicator to the company that us Australian's interest in the product is dead... I'm guessing it has something to do with TNA canceling their one and only tour to head Down Under but, I digress.

The only thing I'll miss about TNA is Mickie James and that's only because I'm a big fan of hers. If she left TNA, my gripe for TNA being off television would not bother me.

Well I enjoyed watching TNA over WWE the past year or so. I enjoyed the more mature content they showed with specialty matches, great fast paced wrestling, and women who can wrestle.

I doubt ROH will get an Australian TV deal. Maybe ONEHD might pick up impact?

Either way I'm hoping it returns to TV here in Australia. I was also devo about the tour being cancelled last year too :(

Shit sucks for TNA. I'd laugh or something but that's just mean at this point. You don't beat a downed child when it becomes an obnoxious asshole as a teenager.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back