TNA Hartford, Round 2, Match 3: #5 Roddy Piper vs. #28 Ken Shamrock

Piper vs. Shamrock

• Rowdy

• Shamrock

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region, inside of the six sided ring, from Hartford, CT.

#5. Rowdy Roddy Piper
24009_Piper-Roddy.jpg

vs.

#28. "The World's Most Dangerous Man" Ken Shamrock
ksham1050.jpg

Every wrestler that Shamrock faced he suplexed and beat up before going for the ankle. However, he has never faced anyone like Piper. Piper is way too smart to try to go move for move with Shamrock, so he'll make him mad. This is where Piper wins this match: he ticks the blockhead Shamrock off and pulls him into the DQ. Piper gets his ass kicked, but moves on.

I think Shamrock could have been huge in the WWF, but he left before he got the chance to. Piper was huge, but most of the things people remember about him happened in Piper's pit, not the ring.

That being said, he was a wiley beast, and I think he'd be able to hold off most of Shamrock's attacks, but Shamrock isn't going to let anyone get a sleeper in on him in a million years, so eventually, Piper would let Shamrock in, there'd be an ankle lock, and we'll see Shamrock make a small upset here.

I love Piper, but he would get his ass kicked. And I'm not saying that because of Shamrock's UFC success; it's just Shamrock would throw the guy around like a rag doll and Piper would get frustrated and disqualify himself. That's really how the match would go, lol.

Seriously, how many wins does Piper actually have, anyway? He never really beat anyone, especially during his heel days, which was his prime.

With that said though, at the same time… fuck Shamrock, I’m still voting for the Hot Rod.

I'm in the same mindset as KB here. Shamrock would win this match, if it wasn't for Piper being the 2nd dirtiest player ever. If the heel tactics don't win it for him, then pissing off Shamrock will. He may have a broken leg after this match, and a bloodied face, but he'll get the win, by hook or by crook.

Ken Shamrock was a legit fighter. So was Piper. Boxing v/s MMA. That's what it boils down to. Piper can simply out wrestle Shamrock and is too smart to let his ankle get caught in that hold.

Piper takes it with the sleeper in about 20 minutes. Because everyone pays the PIPER!

Shamrock is better in the ring, but Roddy Piper is certainly smarter. Piper made a career out of beating guy slike Flair and Hogan routinely, despite having a moveset that consisted of punch, eye gouge, and sleeper. Yes that's right, Piper has the 3 moves of doom. Despite these limitations, Piper managed to be a big name in the business for damn near a decade, and st ill gets damn good nostalgia pops to this day.

Yes Shamrock is tougher, yes shamrock will probably out brawl Piper, yes shamrock would is more technical. However, does anyone ever remember Roddy Piper tapping out. Shamrock would have to break that ankle before Piper submitted. Plus, Piper is smarter then Shamrock. Shamrock became a walking joke with his "snapping" in matches, and getting himself dq'd. So you couple the fact that pipers IQ and Shamrock's apparent lack of said IQ, Piper does something that causes Shamrock to snap and get himself Dq'd.

What's Piper's biggest strength? What is he known for? He's known for getting inside his opponents heads and psyching them out. As we've seen with Ken Shamrock time after time again. It's very easy for someone to get inside his head. He's very hot headed and short tempered and this has cost him matches in the past. Look at his match with Bulldog at Summerslam, look at his matches with the Rock at the Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania 14.

Ken Shamrock would probably come in and do some damage, but he'd eventually leave himself open for Piper to defeat him using some underhanded tactics or he'd snap and get himself disqualified by doing something stupid.

I'm sorry, but as much as I love Roddy Piper, it's sheer loyalty to the great memories he's given fans over the years that's making people vote for him in this. Paul said that Shamrock was tougher, he was a better brawler and was a better technical fighter and somehow Piper is supposed to pull off this miracle of beating Shamrock despite being completely outclassed?

I was never a big fan of Shamrock, I always thought the guy was a little overrated personally. However, I remember him giving the Undertaker a pretty good match for the WWF Championship back during the Ministry of Darkness phase. Shamrock didn't win of course, but he did much better than Piper would have.

I love Piper, always have and my heart would be with him moving on but I just can't ignore the fact that Shamrock would eat him a live if he simply wanted to. There's too much I'd have to overlook. I give it to Shamrock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back