TNA Hartford: Round 1, Match 2: #29 Barry Windham vs. #36 Bobo Brazil

Barry Windham vs. Bobo Brazil

• Windham

• Brazil

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the TNA Region inside of the six sided ring from Hartford, CT.

#29. Barry Windham
barry_windham.jpg

vs.

#36. Bobo Brazil
brazil_bobo.jpg

I'm going with Windham. This guy was a freaking beast back in the day. Anything Brazil accomplished, Windham did and more. Brazil could fight but Barry could fight and wrestle. Throw in his size and power and this is an easy one for me.

I think Windham wins here. Both men are about the same size, and Brazil was more than capable of holding his own, but Barry Windham is unquestionably a better technical wrestler than Brazil.

Brazil won the NWA Title, but didn't get to keep it, probably because they were afraid a black man couldn't draw. Brazil was undoubtedly an important figure in the history of professional wrestling, being the first african american to compete for titles regularly, but I think he would be outclassed by Windham.

Bobo Brazil is a legendand he was one of the first people elected to the WWE hall of fame for a reason. He held about 20 different titles and had nearly 50 title reigns during his 40 year career. The man was 6'6 and 270 pounds, and he has victories over some of the biggest names in wrestling history. He has beaten Dick the Bruiser, Buddy Rogers, The Sheik, Giant Baba, Killer Kowalski, and he even fought Andre the Giant to a draw back when Andre could still move really well. Barry Windham was an amazing competitor who also accomplished a lot and this would be a great match, but Brazil would be too much for Windham in the end.

Anything Brazil accomplished, Windham did and more

Not really, Brazil did just as much as Windham.
Throw in his size and power and this is an easy one for me.

Brazil was just as big and probably more powerful then Windham.

I'm going to go with Windham. He was a solid champion back in the early 90's, and was part of one of the most under-rated tag team of the 80's with Rotundo. The first match I saw for Great Muta was against him, and I think that Windham was clearly the better man in that match.

What may hurt him was his time after being champ. He didn't do anything too special, and was largely forgettable.

I got Windham here. Would be a great fight, as the two are pretty equal. A case could be made for Bobo as well, but I'm giving the slight edge to Windham as he was pretty good back in the day and doesn't get a whole lot of credit.

Call me dumb, but I've never understood the hype behind Barry Windham. Sure, Flair calls him "The greatest athlete he's been in the ring with" or some bullshit like that. However, I've always found Windham incredibly dull, and incapable of getting to the next level. Barry Windham in the 80's is what Billy Gunn became in the 90's, a guy with the right look, and right amount of athleticism for people to believe they were going to be the next big thing. Except, just like Billy Gunn, Windham didn't have the "it" factor to get to the next level, despite being put in the ring with the best the business had to offer.

Bobo Brazil, while I have no first hand knowledge and mostly based on what my dad has told me, was a beast. A man that was supposed to be a World Champion, but wasn't becaus eo the color of his skin, speaks volumes.

Brazil is actually one of the legends that I am familiar with, and I have no problem taking him over Windham here. But, in all honesty, this will be a match that Windham loses for himself. I, as well, have never understood the hype behind Windham. He looked clean cut and he was big, but that's about all I can say for him. Look at this as payback for Windham's undeserved win over Muta at SuperBrawl III, where he won his one and only NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Pick: Brazil

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back