TNA and ROH Working Agreement

CDoherty

Occasional Pre-Show
I remember back in the day where their wasn't persa a working agreement between these two, but anyone from TNA could work for ROH on the non TNA days or if they weren't going to be used and anyone from ROH could go wrestle for TNA.

Granted this was before the huge breakup and when TNA started distancing itself from ROH because of the scandal and crap management before Cary Silkin was the owner. Also now Sinclair has bought ROH and I could be wrong but almost everyone in ROH is now under a contract where they can't be on TV for like TNA or WWE.

So after seeing Kenny King wrestle for TNA (I guess his contract ended) it got me thinking again when you would see AJ Styles having an endless number of people to have awesome matches (Not saying in TNA there isn't but after awhile you fight everyone) and having someone like Abyss go to ROH and look F-N awesome and have him look like he's the Big Show.

To me, I could be wrong, but all I see is positives if it were to happen.

For ROH having some of your guys on cable TV to a bigger audience seeing them, and TNA commentating there accomplishments in ROH and maybe one plug for rohwrestling.com could get them more exposure and maybe sell more tickets. Also on some of your shows have a fresh face from TNA in some shows would help.

For TNA you could make divisons like the X Divison and Tag Team stronger and have it seem like their are a lot more people gunning for the titles without hiring a bunch of guys. Also maybe for TNA to sell more tickets have more events outside the Impact Arena they could have a couple of Supershows with ROH and TNA together for a show that more fans would come out for.

The one that I think hurts both of them (and really pisses me off) is most ROH fans dislike TNA and most TNA fans dislike ROH. I think there is a lot more business in them united, plus I loved watching both back when they were slightly united. (Also to clairify people who watch TNA, ROH, or WWE who only like that company and aren't interested or it's not for them are fine by me, it just those damn fanboys who like one of them and bash the other one or two is so annoying and it seems like it's everywhere online these days.)

So my question is do you ever see it happening, and do you think it could work?
I'm just a guy who used to watch a lot more of both companies and was reminesing. (Yeah I spelled it wrong.)

If this Kenny King getting fired rumor making the rounds is true then there is no way it will happen. It seems like TNA doesnt mind, which is smart but I dont get why ROH is hot-shotting this

This is the funniest thread that's oblivious to a news story that contradicts it I've ever seen.

But still, kinda sad the whole situation between Kenny and ROH. He'll (barely) make more money with TNA than ROH, but this is a quite a blow to ROH. How the ROH locker room reacts to this decision will determine whether or not it's a major or minor one.

I guess back in the day it was fine, but now ROH is somewhat trying go go mainstream now. That is the only reason why I think they have such a problem with this. ROH is not televised everywhere, like TNA is. I think he made a good move, now lets see if he is thinking, goto TNA, then later on, goto the WWE. It may happen, but who knows

i think were forgeting Cornette is one of the bosses for ROH....and he hates TNA plus ROH has tv deals now unlike back in the talent exchange days. So i dont see them working together on this one. Which is a same cause ANX was starting to grow on me...maybe titus will come to tna too

An agreement with TNA and ROH doesn't sound too bad:suspic:.

Both have great talent (better than WWE's:disappointed:) and a great youth "population".

I think this could push all sorts of people, their could be dream matches and it could build on both companies divisions. Especially the X-Division. I think it could show WWE that their talent is BS and there is no way they could get their hands on the greater talent.

Great talent comes from ROH anyway; CM Punk, D Bryan, AJ (Styles), Samoa Joe and Evan Bourne (his move=FTW!)

Apparently, if things don't go well with Punk and WWE, he may head back to ROH, if ROH start an actual deal with TNA, guess who we could be seeing on Impact Wrestling!

Another thing that comes to mind is an ROH and TNA formation. ROH could bring their employees, creative and boss (whoever it is) with them and join TNA. IMO, ROH isn't going to get that far but if they did this, it could work instead of ending up as WCW 2.0. Also, TNA (especially Hogan) should treat the ROH version of the company equal, that's the point of the formation...

Both have decent storylines and epic wrestlers...they could pwn the WWE!

An agreement with TNA and ROH doesn't sound too bad:suspic:.

Both have great talent (better than WWE's:disappointed:) and a great youth "population".

I think this could push all sorts of people, their could be dream matches and it could build on both companies divisions. Especially the X-Division. I think it could show WWE that their talent is BS and there is no way they could get their hands on the greater talent.

Great talent comes from ROH anyway; CM Punk, D Bryan, AJ (Styles), Samoa Joe and Evan Bourne (his move=FTW!)

Apparently, if things don't go well with Punk and WWE, he may head back to ROH, if ROH start an actual deal with TNA, guess who we could be seeing on Impact Wrestling!

Another thing that comes to mind is an ROH and TNA formation. ROH could bring their employees, creative and boss (whoever it is) with them and join TNA. IMO, ROH isn't going to get that far but if they did this, it could work instead of ending up as WCW 2.0. Also, TNA (especially Hogan) should treat the ROH version of the company equal, that's the point of the formation...

Both have decent storylines and epic wrestlers...they could pwn the WWE!

WOW!

This might be the dumbest post I've ever read. You post says this would show WWE that they couldn't get their hands on greater talent. THE TWO BIGGEST STARS IN ROH HISTORY ARE MAIN EVENTERS IN THE WWE RIGHT NOW. Not to mention Evan Bourne, The Kings of Wrestling, and Tyler Black. Yes, the once proclaimed future of ROH, the youngest champion in ROH history, is now working dark matches in the WWE!

I love how you point out how great talent comes from ROH. I can't help but notice that NONE of those talents are still with the company. You really think a joint effort between TNA and ROH would put the WWE out of business? How exactly would a company that has Sting, Hogan, Angle, Hardy, RVD, Styles, Roode, Storm, and Samoa Joe benefit from signing a bunch of cruiserweights no one other than ROH fans have heard of? Your delusional.

P.S. ROH and TNA had a working relationship for years until the founder of ROH got busted trying to have sex with an underage boy. Nothing would "pwn" the WWE better than a company associated with child molestation.

To most wrestlers it isn't about money, it's about showcasing their ability's to wider audience. In ROH they was not growing, they were only reaching a slim margin of wrestling fans and with at least TNA he will be on National TV with over a million people watching him.

ROH is in trouble and over the last year TNA has been moving foward -- No, it doesn't matter what the ratings say, because if you go back two years and look at tna and look at tna today, you can see a dramatic difference in the program compared to back then. People say it's been 10years, and TNA has beat wwf/e.. Newsflash, WCW was around a lot longer than TNA before they beat WWF/E.

So kenny did better himself by going with TNA instead of ROH. Why? To be successfully in any business, you must advertise yourself/business to millions of people instead of on a billboard going southbound on i-85. No, TNA doesn't get the following as wwe, but kenny has moved up the chain on his way to accomplishing his goals in the business.

But yeah, i would like to see all 3 companies work togather by "leasing" their talent to other promotions when they are not being used.

Teamangle, my hero, to write such an intellectual peice of.. Well. Crap, Garbage and Spew,

ROH has its fans, hardcore fans, who watch ROH for a showcase of wrestling, very few storylines and when they do, they normaly are quite well wrote, id put money, that if ROH had the money TNA had, they'd be more competition to WWE than TNA, why? Because TNAs whole thing is "Wrestling Matters" with Garret Bitchoff piss'n all over it weekly, in ROH however, wrestling is the only thing that matters, saying that, the production sucks, and it will fold within 6/12 months, TNA however will bankroll a few more years,

Now to WWEs weak star lineup, in the same paragraph U jizz that there "my personal fav" champ could show up on TNA cuz he would go back to ROH, point in fact, he's not WWEs "BIGGEST" draw. Slap with you the fact, he's been in TNA and didn't like it

You run a wrestling company, mainstream, and you'd have Joe, Roode, Storm Kurt (id have him) Hardy RVD, and all ROHs top dudes and I'll trow Punk v Bryan, Cena v Anyone, I have the undertaker, and brock frickin lesnar to call on, not to mention HHH HBK Stone Cold, and we can see who has more buys, and I didn't even mention the fact imo the fact ur two top draws IMHO, Kurt and jeffro, are ex WWE,

Don't be a *******

People are way too biased here. At least the OP was thinking of something different. And while different isn't always necessarily better, it is different. I don't see anyone else here suggesting anything outside the box, do you?

As for the ROH/TNA working agreement, I'd like to see that happen. They could exchange talent and cross promote each other like what WWF & ECW did in 1997. Remember, at that time, ECW was pretty close to going under. And WWF helped at a time when they needed it most. ECW went on to establish a legacy for unique and innovative programming. With ROH focusing on pure wrestling and TNA wanting to establish themselves as the company for wrestling, it would make sense for this to happen. However, I doubt it'll ever happen. There are too many big egos involved; Hogan, Bischoff, Dixie Carter, Jim Cornette, etc. If something like that ever did happen, I'm sure it'd be on a trial basis type of agreement. At this point, I believe ROH would most definetely benefit more from an agreement than TNA would. If it would help both products while giving more major league feeling competition for WWE, I would be all for it. Like I said, egos won't allow it.

They tend to have loose agreements. Daniels filled his last dates with ROH after returning to TNA, GenMe and the MMG appeared while under TNA contracts and so on. The thing is TNA has become a bit more demanding now with it's schedules, so it's hard to work a mutual agreement. Add to that, ROH and TNA have become vastly different as products from an in-ring perspective and so. The chemistry is just not really there anymore as both companies want different things now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back