This Is Probably A Mistake...

ZeroVX

2-Time WZCW Mayhem Champion
But I'm gonna ask for your opinion on this anyway.

I started my journalism course in college a few days ago, and one of the first things I was told was that if I wanted to get serious about this as a career, I needed to learn to enjoy writing on a constant basis. Meaning I should be writing outside of class.

Now, I could go back and start up my Power Rangers blog again, and I've been meaning to, but I've been a might distracted:

A%29+KAMEN+RIDER.jpg

Lately I've been really into the Kamen Rider series. I can't really explain why, one day I got bored and looked up a few videos on it. From then on, I was interested.

So here's my idea: I want to try a "History Of" thread for Kamen Rider in the Movies and TV section. The thing is, I'm not really sure it would be worth it. I mean, yeah, it could be said I'd be introducing something to a group of people, but how many people would be interested in a series that's basically Power Rangers with one guy and no giant robots, and has only had two adaptations outside of Japan, one of which sucked immensely?

Hence why I started this thread. Should I go ahead with this idea? Would any of you actually read it?

Zero, it shouldn't matter if lots of people read it, or only 4 or 5 people read it. Practice is practice man. When people are practicing for band or whatever, they don't do it in front of 100 people. They do it at home, alone, getting someone here and there to listen. I use to write all the time, usually no one would ever see it either. The odd time I would get someone's opinion. As long as you like what you have down, and are happy with it. That's what matters. I say go for it.. Why not? You never know, someone might read it, get interested, and get hooked on it.

And if that doesn't work out, find a new topic. Something that you know well, and want to talk about.

I, too, am a Journalism Major. I've been writing more on this forum in the Independent Section, as that is the area that I've been most passionate about the last several months. I do a weekly ROH on HDNet review, basically a poor man's version of KB.

But I'm thinking of writing up actual articles for wrestling events and posting them on here. I'm not sure if that would work, but it's something I've been thinking about doing for a while.

But, yeah, just keep writing and you'll improve greatly. Even if nobody reads it, it helps.

I feel for journalism majors, I really do. Not only will you receive piss bucket classes to get a diploma which means shit, you have to spend 4+ years learning to write as well as I can (and in many cases fail), a person who has never taken a single class in his life.

Funny how life works, eh?

But I'm gonna ask for your opinion on this anyway.

I started my journalism course in college a few days ago, and one of the first things I was told was that if I wanted to get serious about this as a career, I needed to learn to enjoy writing on a constant basis. Meaning I should be writing outside of class.

Now, I could go back and start up my Power Rangers blog again, and I've been meaning to, but I've been a might distracted:

A%29+KAMEN+RIDER.jpg

Lately I've been really into the Kamen Rider series. I can't really explain why, one day I got bored and looked up a few videos on it. From then on, I was interested.

So here's my idea: I want to try a "History Of" thread for Kamen Rider in the Movies and TV section. The thing is, I'm not really sure it would be worth it. I mean, yeah, it could be said I'd be introducing something to a group of people, but how many people would be interested in a series that's basically Power Rangers with one guy and no giant robots, and has only had two adaptations outside of Japan, one of which sucked immensely?

Hence why I started this thread. Should I go ahead with this idea? Would any of you actually read it?

Why don't you write about something meaningful? Also, you should write for your school newspaper if you can.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back