The Who's Better Poll #9

Who's Better?

• "The Big Red Monster" Kane

• "The World's Largest Athlete" The Big Show

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dr. Stinger A. Zoidberg

Stay in school and don't litter.
Welcome back to the Who's Better Poll. In honor of Wrestlemania 26 being this sunday, I've decided to choose 2 current superstars who have participatedx in countless Wrestlemanias. Today, we're going to take a look at Kane and Big Show. Keep in mind one thing, although this poll is in honor of wrestlemania. I do not want arguments based off of their Wrestlemania careers. Now, with that said, Lets take a look at the stats.

Kane:
1X ECW Champion
1X WWF Champion
1X WWF Hardcore Champion
2X Intercontinental Champion
9X Tag Team Champion

Big Show:
1X ECW Champion
7X Tag Team Champion
1X United States Champion
2X WWF Champion
3X WWF Hardcore Champion

Never has this poll seen 2 superstars who are evenly matched in terms of title wins. However, that means little. My vote goes to Kane. The reason for that is because since about 2005ish Kane has been putting over new superstars. Almost to the point that hes a jobber. Putting over new talent is something Big Show does too. Just not as often. When you put over talent, you are likely putting over the next big thing. When you have credentials like Kane does, a win is just that much bigger for a rookie.
Would you like to see a Who's Better Poll featuring certain superstars? If so, send me a PM and I will try my best to get that poll into fruition. Please dont steal my idea of Who's Better, nothing pisses me off more than when someone does that.

-Stinger

Kane all the way. Kane is no Triple H. Kane is no John Cena. Kane isn't even a Jeff Hardy, although he'd look quite interesting with those hair dye highlights. Kane is a man who gave up all pride and dignity to made the stars of tomorrow look better. He's gotten beat by Dolph Ziggler before. Dolph Ziggler. Who is Dolph Ziggler? One of the many stars that Kane has attempted to create but the wieners failed because they couldn't hold their own weight even though they got the amazing Kane rub. Yes, Big Show has won more titles, and all around is just more important than Kane. But Kane is a loyal and dedicated worker, who at one time was very over and extremely entertaining. From now on, anyone with alot of unused potential shall be diagnosed with the Kane syndrome. Big Show is no doubt a great worker and a very underrated big man in my opinion. But Kane is loyal, dedicated, and shows no greed or ambition to the World Title.

Kudos to you, dawg.

Reactions: X
BIg Show all the way. He is the best giant of all-time. Thats right i said all time. If you watch him back in the day he could do drop kicks, how amazing is that!!! Big Show is one of the biggest stars in my opinion and he is the best big man of all time. I really believe that he is way better than Kane ever was or will ever be.

Wasn't Big Show also WCW Champion twice as The Giant?

I had to vote for the Big Show. I am a huge fan of Kane and truly believe he is one of the most under-appreciated talents in wrestling today. However, the Big Show is a commodity in terms of size and ability at that size. He does things that makes Andre the Giant look like a slug. Especially when the Show was younger, the things he was doing were incredible. Top rope dropkicks from a 7'2" wrestler. Sorry. That was truly awesome.
Nothing against the Big Red Machine, but The Big Show is the truly better wrestler and entertainer when looking at the long history of his career (almost 15 years).

BIg Show all the way. He is the best giant of all-time. Thats right i said all time. If you watch him back in the day he could do drop kicks, how amazing is that!!!

You know Kane did a hurricanarana to A-train? plus kane still does a low dropkick from time to time, AND he does a flying clothesline from the top rope. If you are trying to say Big show is more athletic than kane then I respectfully dissagree with you.

As far as who is better I think it's pretty even. They both do a great job at putting younger stars over. Maybe Kane does it a little bit more, But show contributes as well. Neither of these men are fixated on becoming World champion every couple of months.

Wasn't Big Show also WCW Champion twice as The Giant

Yes the Bigshow did when the WCW championship twice as the giant.

I'm a huge kane fan and I like him more than the bigshow but that's mostly off of his history but I have to say from what bigshow has been doing recently I have to say bigshow is the better of the two. I mean I enjoy Kane but he needs to put the mask back on because he was much better back then.

I voted for Kane. He is more versatile on the card. The Big Show is pigeonholed into certain places on the card. He has to be either the main event or in an attraction match. I agree that his work on the tag scene has been good, but, over time, it just won't work for him. When he was feuding with DX it worked, because it was with other main eventers. In this position on the card, he is going to clearly be the worst worker in the match at Mania.

Kane, on the other hand, can have a good match drug from him by anyone. This is because he incorporates a bit of everything in his style. He uses the top rope just as effectively as he throws an uppercut. This makes him more versatile, and a better performer over all.

What has Big Show done that is so memorable in the WWE? Only thing I can remember is him being Brock Lesnar's whipping boy. The Big Show probably has had two or three matches that are memorable in his ten year WWE career.

The obvious question is Kane. Like FTS said, he can be placed anywhere on the card and do exceptionally well. He's great as a tag team wrestler. He can be placed in the midcard to help out a wrestler trying to go to the main event. Also, you can put him in the main event spot if need be because of injuries to others. He is also more reliable because you never know when Big Show is going to get too fat and they have to send him down to lose weight.

The reason I say Big Show is better is because his mic skills. He has a better presence on the mic and he is funnier. This may not matter much, but I actually gain interest when he is on the tv screen. He can play a heel or a face, but I think Kane is just intense and doesn't have a dynamic personality. It is almost like the WWE has never quite known what to do with Kane ever since he took off the mask, which I wish never happened.

Otherwise I think the two of them are evenly matched in every way and wish they both got more titles.

I had to go with Big Show and sadly it might be because of the way he was used. The WWE was able to find ways to make him and remake him and keep him relevant over the years. Kane has more in the way of athletic ability but seeing him have to lay down has taken away from his role as The Big Red Machine. Plus, once the mask came off he was no longer scary. That is the whole point of the big guys....they have to seem unstoppable to matter and once they are not they better come up with something new.

Big Show was actually put into comedy bits and was able to make them work. Then there was the willingness to take more bumps as he has gotten older. There is nothing wrong with Kane but unfortunate booking and using the same moves over and over has pushed him down the card.

I keep reading people talk about how athletic big show used to b and how he could go to the top rope. Well you realized that big show is fat now he cant do half the things he used to heck when he goes to the second rope to do that splash onto someone Im always afraid the ropes are gonna snap. To me this wasnt even a contest its kane. Kane is still very athletic and can take it to the top rope at anytime. He always gives you a good match and he does an excellent job of putting over younger talent. Possibly most importantly to me is that kane is still an intimidator when kane is involved in a feud I pay attention because something interesting is going to happen. I cant take big show seriously anymore just a few weeks ago he got beat up by a mechanical bull kane may have lost to dolph ziggler but hes never fallen that hard. Seriously this isnt even a contest give me the big red monster preferably with the mask and the little voice box

I voted for Kane. He is more versatile on the card.

So in other words, he's not taken seriously enough to be in main event contention on a consistent basis?

Glad we have that covered up. And it isn't as though Big Show has to be placed in a certain role. Big Show has just as much experience putting over people as Kane. Remember, John Cena was a budding star in the business before he FU'd The Big Show at Wrestlemania XX. It was that moment that made him the star that we know him as now. He's currently making The Miz into that much more of an established a heel, based solely off this work in the tag team division. The Big Show makes the perfect name when the WWE wants to make a star, as he is always seen as a constant threat to any big name, yet doesn't mind putting people over. Kane has become a relative jobber at this point. The only win I remember seeing him get was one over Drew McIntyre a couple of weeks ago. Kane has had his time in the sun, in 1998 perhaps, but the truth is now that most people don't take Kane that seriously. Meanwhile, The Show is always seen as a constant threat to any wrestler he faces.

The Big Show is pigeonholed into certain places on the card.

Yes, which is exactly why last week, he wrestled the face of the company, John Cena, and then this Friday, will take on R-Truth in the mid-card of Smackdown. Yes, however could we not see how pigeonholed he is.

He has to be either the main event or in an attraction match.

I'm sorry, when has the tag team division ever qualified as the Main Event? Of course, the smartass will say TLC, but we both understand what I'm talking about here, FTS. Since Wrestlemania 25, The Big Show has only main evented two Pay Per Views; Survivor Series and TLC. And, actually, his World Heavyweight Championship match wasn't even the main event, so I'm being gracious in counting it. Meanwhile, in that same period, he has worked the opening match twice; At Breaking Point, and at Night of Champions. Read; The Big Show has opened the card as many times as he's main evented. And no, those weren't "attraction matches"; they were tag team matches. An attraction match would be like a wrestler vs. a non-wrestler. Big Show was wrestling in a meaningful match, with a storyline, and all four wrestlers involved were wrestlers. If The Big Show had wrestled Shaq at Summerslam, that would be an attraction match. But, no, he wrestled against Crime Time, now didn't he, FTS?

I agree that his work on the tag scene has been good, but, over time, it just won't work for him. When he was feuding with DX it worked, because it was with other main eventers. In this position on the card, he is going to clearly be the worst worker in the match at Mania.

I'm sorry, but do you see the names he's working against, FTS? He's working against the three best mid card wrestlers right now in the WWE. This, again, will probably open Mania, and it's no shame to say he'll be worse than Morrison, Truth, or the Miz.

Kane, on the other hand, can have a good match drug from him by anyone. This is because he incorporates a bit of everything in his style. He uses the top rope just as effectively as he throws an uppercut. This makes him more versatile, and a better performer over all.

So because he can go off the top rope, he's a better performer?

C'mon FTS, saying something like that is like saying Bourne is a better performer than John Cena. Evan Bourne goes off the top rope, and other such things. And besides, John Cena only knowz five movez. Thus, Evan Bourne must be better than John Cena, right?

Be serious, FTS.

What has Big Show done that is so memorable in the WWE? Only thing I can remember is him being Brock Lesnar's whipping boy. The Big Show probably has had two or three matches that are memorable in his ten year WWE career.

And Kane has had more? Literally, the only matches of worth for Kane in the WWE were his matches against the Undertaker. That's it, that's the list. Kane will ultimately be remembered as the guy that set The Undertaker on fire, and had the second best of Taker's matches at Mania. What else is so rememorable about Kane?

Besides that, you're being far from fair in discounting Show's work in WCW. That, my friend, was vintage Paul Wight. He was so damn athletic, and was possibly the best worker in a company that included Sting, Ric Flair, and Randy Savage.

The obvious question is Kane. Like FTS said, he can be placed anywhere on the card and do exceptionally well.

I've already addressed this...

He's great as a tag team wrestler. He can be placed in the midcard to help out a wrestler trying to go to the main event. Also, you can put him in the main event spot if need be because of injuries to others.

Actually, no, you really can't, LJL. Name the last main event Kane was involved in. Some times, LJL, Kane struggles to get on the damn pay per view.

Examples, since Wrestlemania 25:

Backlash: Beat CM Punk in the mid card.
Judgment Day: Did Not Appear on the card.
Extreme Rules: Did Not Appear on the card.
The Bash: Did Not Appear on the card.
Night of Champions: Did Not Appear on the card.
Summerslam: beat The Great Khali in the mid card.
Breaking Point: beat the Great Khali in the mid card.
Hell in a Cell: Did not appear on the card.
Bragging Rights: Was part of the Smackdown seven person tag team. I'm pretty sure this card had more people on it than any other not names the Royal Rumble.
Survivor Series: Did Not Appear on the card.
TLC: Did Not Appear on the card.
Royal Rumble: Was in the Rumble
Elimination Chamber: Lost to Drew McIntyre in the mid card
Wrestlemania 26: Will be in the MiTB at the... You guessed it.... Mid Card!

So, LJL, in the span of a year, all Kane has done of significance is beat up The Punjabi Jobber. Otherwise, Kane is nothing but absolute filler at the moment. Big Show, however, is always on the pay per view card, and always seems to draw.

He is also more reliable because you never know when Big Show is going to get too fat and they have to send him down to lose weight.

How'd I know you were going to wind up with a fat joke somewhere? Just look at the facts, LJL; The Big Show has been involved in more angles, and more matches on Raw's and PPVs, than Kane can say. At the moment, he's the more viable commodity. And yes, that does mean that he is better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back