The things you don't wanna hear....Cena best promo guy in the business? Reallllyyyyy?

Hey Envious,

Mr. Jeffrey my good man, to what do I owe this profound honor?

Just to answer your question, some guy posted a comment about Cena totally disrespecting the Wyatt's even if they layed him out more than once, and then to continue with my comments of the last post, Cena was getting layed out by Miz and R-Truth more than once, and still didn't acknowledge them as legitimate threats, and then I started thinking about Ziggler, Del Rio etc... that would be my "Eureka" moment,

Well you know what? That's absolutely great. I think about Ziggler and Del Rio sometimes myself. The other day I smashed my fingers in the car door and for some odd reason I shouted "ZIGGLER!" instead of "BOOM-FUCKING-SHANKA!" and it really confused the bank teller I was taking hostage. I think about Del Rio a lot when I'm looking for a good get-away car, you know, something with muscle and all the pizazz required of a stereotypical aristocrat. If we were holding glasses of lemonade right now, I would clink mine against yours.

As far as my research goes, well in my mind it was pretty clear, but I got so much heat that I needed to double check you know? Man I wish peeps would be cool about debating shiet, I truly think that there's no right or wrong when debating an opinion, especially about something like wrestling, hell Right to censor had their fanbase at one point!!!

Well dude, look at it this way. Fuck an abusive opinion. People are going to hate what you post regardless of it's validity and all you can do is hope that a few people will take it for what it's worth on a subjective level and at least offer you something constructive in regard to your level of understanding.

I was joshing before, but now I really want to see what you have as an example of the best promo Miz has ever given. The example you gave was a damn good one that I didn't have as a reference before you presented it, so bravo for that. I wouldn't call it an example of why Miz is far and above better than Cena as a hype man, but that's more of a different strokes for different folks thing and I won't bore you with the details regarding what I demand in a promo.

Rest assured that I won't use your example of the best promo ever granted by the Miz as an excuse to tear apart your perspective on the matter. I hope that's worth something.

Anyways, Cheers

*singing* We're so glad we had this time, together.

You erased the whole post I was answering to your bs,
Because it was spam. It had nothing to do with the topic. I told you in the PM it was spam and gave you full permission to repost it word for word, as long as you made an on-topic point. It's not my fault you can't follow the rules or remember your own writings.

I was sure you were going to do that, I'll try just adressing 1 point of what you said.
If you were sure, then why did you post which clearly violated our rules? I don't understand.

I was asking if we should do a poll asking people who they thaught was better between Bully ray and Cena, your answer above.

Are you for real? You don't respect the opinion of the people in a forum you're the admin of? Why the fock are you even participating??? NO WE DON'T KNOW WHO'S the best for a fact it's fkin subjective, you can't fkin say something is right or wrong when it's subjective,
God, you're so incredibly dumb it's amazing.

I never said anything about respecting anyone's opinion, except for the complete lack of regard I have for the opinion of stupid people like yourself. What I said was that when discussing two wrestling promotions with roughly 4-5 MILLION viewers between them, what does 30 votes in an Internet forum poll prove? I know you're not very smart, but I do hope you can understand that a poll of .0006% of wrestling fans is worthless.

Furthermore, I also said who would win the poll would depend greatly on where we posted it. If we posted it in the TNA section, Ray would have a better chance. If we posted it in the All-Star forum (which doesn't exist, of course), I think Cena would win in a landslide.

Now, I know you're borderline criminally stupid, but surely you can understand how pointless a poll on an Internet forum is, right? Nevermind, you probably can't.

Your logic is awful! Because Cena is WWE and Bully Ray is TNA that means Cena is better?
Is that what I said? No, it's not even close to what I said. What I said is that one (Cena) used his promo skills to skyrocket to the biggest name in pro wrestling while the other (Ray) was cut by the very same company Cena has been leading for nearly a decade.

Than who's better: Jinder Mahal or Sting?
Well considering one (Sting) is a multiple time World champion and was the biggest draw in the wrestling world at one point and the other (Mahal) seems to lose his fingernails during the annual WWE spring cleaning, I'm going to go with Sting.

But, once again, you completely missed the point...because you're just not very smart.

And having the opinion of people of who would they choose between Bully Ray and Cena as best promo guy is interesting, it's fkin fun
No, it's a waste of time. We already know the answer and conducting a poll of .0006% of the wrestling population would accomplish absolutely nothing.

Man you just admitted to not respecting the opinions of people coming here.
I long ago admitted to not respecting the opinions of stupid people. There are many posters here who are quality posters, whose opinions on wrestling I respect. But you're not one of them. And why? Because of statements like this, which show a total inability to comprehend basic concepts.

BTW what is this obsession of yours of being right and proving stuff, who cares!!!
I'm sorry, we can't all be like you who think it's okay to say stupid things and contribute to the overall degradation of knowledge.

Bully Ray is better at promos than Cena in my opinion, and I'm sure a lot of peeps would agree with me, and even if they don't I fuckin respect their opinion.
But your opinion is wrong. We know that because we can see where each of the guys are in their respective careers, especially considering the head start Ray had on Cena, only to see Cena rocket past him.

Here is my .02

The reason Cena is a pretty awesome promo guy is because of how he handles his muddled role of BIGGEST SUPERMAN FACE OF ALL TIME all while knowing and acknowledging that everyone over the age of 11 or isn't a complete dolt is no longer interested in seeing him headline cards and be the top guy.

It's a more difficult thing than a lot of people consider. Imagine if half the crowd was booing Hogan? For no reason whatsoever. The WWE "Universe" is so starkly different in the modern age because this is the first time a generation has grown up with Wrestling and expect it to grow with them. Incredibly difficult thing to juggle. They still need to keep it family friendly and draw the new kids because without the new $$$ they would sink.

Cena handles it VERY well. A guy like CM Punk simply can't middle-ground like that. He's a tremendous heel (best in a decade) and a pretty decent face but he needs definition or he gets lost in the scrum.

Sad part is...that in the current WWE landscape Paul Heyman could walk to the ring and just yell "Brock Lesnar!" in his signature tone and it's BY FAR the best promo they have going. I love Heyman and all but they need some more dynamic mic workers if they are gonna continue to give so much time to speaking roles on RAW. Bray Wyatt is quickly getting there and he has potential to the moon but I honestly can't think of someone else on the entire roster who is interesting on the mic.

Daniel Bryan is fucking brutally bad. HHH/Steph are brutally bad in their current roles. Add them together and you have nearly unwatchable trash IMO.

Because it was spam. It had nothing to do with the topic. I told you in the PM it was spam and gave you full permission to repost it word for word, as long as you made an on-topic point. It's not my fault you can't follow the rules or remember your own writings.

If you were sure, then why did you post which clearly violated our rules? I don't understand.

God, you're so incredibly dumb it's amazing.

I never said anything about respecting anyone's opinion, except for the complete lack of regard I have for the opinion of stupid people like yourself. What I said was that when discussing two wrestling promotions with roughly 4-5 MILLION viewers between them, what does 30 votes in an Internet forum poll prove? I know you're not very smart, but I do hope you can understand that a poll of .0006% of wrestling fans is worthless.

Furthermore, I also said who would win the poll would depend greatly on where we posted it. If we posted it in the TNA section, Ray would have a better chance. If we posted it in the All-Star forum (which doesn't exist, of course), I think Cena would win in a landslide.

Now, I know you're borderline criminally stupid, but surely you can understand how pointless a poll on an Internet forum is, right? Nevermind, you probably can't.

Is that what I said? No, it's not even close to what I said. What I said is that one (Cena) used his promo skills to skyrocket to the biggest name in pro wrestling while the other (Ray) was cut by the very same company Cena has been leading for nearly a decade.

Well considering one (Sting) is a multiple time World champion and was the biggest draw in the wrestling world at one point and the other (Mahal) seems to lose his fingernails during the annual WWE spring cleaning, I'm going to go with Sting.

But, once again, you completely missed the point...because you're just not very smart.

No, it's a waste of time. We already know the answer and conducting a poll of .0006% of the wrestling population would accomplish absolutely nothing.

I long ago admitted to not respecting the opinions of stupid people. There are many posters here who are quality posters, whose opinions on wrestling I respect. But you're not one of them. And why? Because of statements like this, which show a total inability to comprehend basic concepts.

I'm sorry, we can't all be like you who think it's okay to say stupid things and contribute to the overall degradation of knowledge.

But your opinion is wrong. We know that because we can see where each of the guys are in their respective careers, especially considering the head start Ray had on Cena, only to see Cena rocket past him.

HAHA man please,

You sent me an infraction on private MSG because of spamming while we were going back and forth, I didn't send a lot of messages, was just answering yours lol, you sent me an infraction, you're trying to make me lose it by acting like that, I won't I think you're the worst admin I've ever seen,

Your points are awful, you just defend it by calling me stupid, so sad.

The fact that you're not able to keep a conversation civilized is shameful.

I'm not WRONG by thinking Bully Ray is better than Cena, That's my fkin opinion lol, how many times do I have to explain to you what an opinion his? Maybe I should send you a clown explaining it to you with ballons and puppets you would listen and understand.

It's pretty basic: There's no right or wrong in an opinion, you can't state a fact to something subjective. Do you need more explanation? If you can't get that I'm wondering if you can tie your own shoes?!

Try to insult me all you want by saying stupid shits and not adressing what I'm telling you, send me bs stuff on PM and send me threats of blocking me.

It won't hide the fact, and won't hide it from anyone, that you're a disrespectful human, an awful person to exchange with and someone who has very poor arguments to defend their points,

If I think that Cena is not entertaining, that I prefer listening to a speach from Road fkin Dogg than John Cena, it's my fkin right, I realize that my opinion is not shared by as much people that I thaught by reading the replies, yet I'm not a blog admin but I know for a fact that people who disagree with you will be more vocal than the ones who agree, did you know that?

Get your mind straight buddy, you'll never succeed in life with that attitude, and if you're creating an online persona and are not like that in real life, than you have a bigger problem than I thaught.

Let's go Slyfox, SLYFOX SUCKS!

I'm not WRONG by thinking Bully Ray is better than Cena, That's my fkin opinion lol, how many times do I have to explain to you what an opinion his? Maybe I should send you a clown explaining it to you with ballons and puppets you would listen and understand.

It's pretty basic: There's no right or wrong in an opinion, you can't state a fact to something subjective. Do you need more explanation? If you can't get that I'm wondering if you can tie your own shoes?!

You can prove that Cena is better than Bully Ray at cutting promos, therefore it is not subjective. The sole purpose of cutting promos is selling wrestling shows. Cena's promos have led to higher selling shows than Bully's has by a pretty huge margin. Therefore, he's better.

You can think that Ray's better if you choose to, but if you do so having the facts that you now have, you're choosing to be stupid. How can you be upset with someone repeatedly calling you stupid when you're knowingly being stupid?

You can prove that Cena is better than Bully Ray at cutting promos, therefore it is not subjective. The sole purpose of cutting promos is selling wrestling shows. Cena's promos have led to higher selling shows than Bully's has by a pretty huge margin. Therefore, he's better.

You can think that Ray's better if you choose to, but if you do so having the facts that you now have, you're choosing to be stupid. How can you be upset with someone repeatedly calling you stupid when you're knowingly being stupid?

Another one!

My criterias clearly differ to yours in terms of good promo,
Therefore it is subjective,

I can't believe I'm going to explain what being subjective is,
You know what? I won't , go read some stuff, I'm not your teacher, if you don't get it fine,

If a good promo is selling shit to you guys than you must think the Shamwow guy is awesome,

I won't call you stupid, even if I have the right to do so, you don't know what something being subjective means, I won't cause I don't know you aside from those 8 lines you wrote that appears on a screen in my computer.

I guess you think you got me figured out because I find Bully Ray better at promo than Cena, I'm so stupid,

Guys please tell me what to think, and what to have an opinion about, I clearly don't want you guys to think I'm stupid,

Cause your opinion matters,
Well you don't have opinions you hold the HOLY TRUTH in your hands!!!!

Let's do a faction of you guys, call you THE GODS , so far Slyfuck and you are in that group.

Another one!

You know what? I won't , go read some stuff, I'm not your teacher, if you don't get it fine,

If a good promo is selling shit to you guys than you must think the Shamwow guy is awesome,

I won't call you stupid, even if I have the right to do so, you don't know what something being subjective means, I won't cause I don't know you aside from those 8 lines you wrote that appears on a screen in my computer.

I guess you think you got me figured out because I find Bully Ray better at promo than Cena, I'm so stupid,

Guys please tell me what to think, and what to have an opinion about, I clearly don't want you guys to think I'm stupid,

Let's do a faction of you guys, call you THE GODS , so far Slyfuck and you are in that group.

It doesn't matter what your criteria is; you started this thread. You stated that Cena is not the best promo and it was up to you to give solid reasons why. All you did was list a bunch of names who you felt were better than Cena at promos, including Titus O'Neill who you said isn't on Cena's level yet. People in here did not agree with your opinion and gave solid facts as to why Cena is in fact the best, or top three, promo guys in the business.

What did you do? You go off about how everyone has different opinions and it's subjective. That's true. That doesn't mean your opinion can't be wrong. And yes, if someone can sell me on something, he does have good promo skills.

Again, Stone Cold Steve Austin has given Cena an A+ on his promos. Do you disagree with him?

It doesn't matter what your criteria is; you started this thread. You stated that Cena is not the best promo and it was up to you to give solid reasons why. All you did was list a bunch of names who you felt were better than Cena at promos, including Titus O'Neill who you said isn't on Cena's level yet. People in here did not agree with your opinion and gave solid facts as to why Cena is in fact the best, or top three, promo guys in the business.

What did you do? You go off about how everyone has different opinions and it's subjective. That's true. That doesn't mean your opinion can't be wrong. And yes, if someone can sell me on something, he does have good promo skills.

Again, Stone Cold Steve Austin has given Cena an A+ on his promos. Do you disagree with him?

I respect Austin's opinion, but what was he going to say? He's a B? Come on man, here's a guy who's tight with Mcmahon talking about Mcmahon's guy what do you expect him to say? Now do I think that Austin think Cena is as good as him, hell no I don't.

I admited that I made a mistake by putting Titus and you're going to point it out? I admited that he's not quite there yet, what do you want me to say more??

The criteria thing was to debate if Bully Ray is better than Cena, for some he is , for some he isn't. That's it nothing more nothing less. You find Cena better cause he sells shit, I find Bully ray better because he's better at storytelling and is more entertaining. That's it.

I listed a bunch of names but also defended them quite while in later posts, go read them.

An opinion can't be wrong, it can be debattable but not wrong,
And no one is stupid for stating one's opinion.

The reason why I went off is because I find it unacceptable to call someone an idiot or a moron because of what he thinks, I'm sure most would agree to that,

I don't know what's this hostile thing some of you have;
Calm the fuck down, some people can disagree with you on some stuff and agree on others, we're not in a dictatorship guys !

Take care buddy

Another one!

Indeed, I am another poster who thinks you're ******ed.

Except that there is factual evidence that shows that Cena is better than Bully Ray at cutting promos. Your criteria is irrelevant.

I know what subjective means, you're the one missing the point. You're saying that you think Bully Ray is better, I'm saying that the facts say otherwise. You obviously don't understand the point of cutting a promo, therefore your opinion on the matter is irrelevant as long as you choose to be misinformed. The point of cutting a promo in wrestling is to sell the show. That's it, there is no other purpose for them. Judging by that criteria, Cena is obviously better.

I don't know how many Shamwows were moved but judging by the fact that the guy got work shilling other things afterwards, he was very effective at doing his job.

I wouldn't care if you called me stupid. The opinion of a person who has already proven to be stupid is meaningless to me.

Pretty much.

I appreciate the compliments, but you don't have to be godlike to realize how stupid you are. A basic understanding of math and english will suffice.

I respect Austin's opinion, but what was he going to say? He's a B? Come on man, here's a guy who's tight with Mcmahon talking about Mcmahon's guy what do you expect him to say? Now do I think that Austin think Cena is as good as him, hell no I don't.

So... you respect Austin's opinion, yet you think he wasn't giving his actual opinion because they're all "McMahon Guys"?

If Bret Hart were to say he thought John Cena's mic skills were A+, would you try to circumvent that in some way?

Guys, thanks for wasting so much of your time saying nothing, just shows how much of an important life you have! Unlike you I won't go over all the shit you can say in one post because you're irrelevant.

There is no fact that proves that Cena is better than Bully Ray at cutting promo, NONE, 0, so it's your opinion, and I respect it. Just to make me laugh what is your factual evidence that Cena is better ?

For the rest of your comments, you guys don't realize you're making fools of yourselves, I don't have time to go quote by quote and comment on everything you say.

I think you're irrelevant and all your comments about me or my ops have no added value, it's not entertaining, it's disrespectful and blend.

You 2 are so fkin boring "aw you're stupid!" "Aw you're a moron" jesus christ you're weak.
lol

You care so much about me, I love it, go ahead, take another 45 minutes answering me the same thing over and over again : "You're an idiot and I'm right"

Save your time read a book or something, stop trying to diss me, it won't work, cause you're both irrelevant, and your posts are predictable and boring ..

The Gods are getting schooled here
:D

So... you respect Austin's opinion, yet you think he wasn't giving his actual opinion because they're all "McMahon Guys"?

If Bret Hart were to say he thought John Cena's mic skills were A+, would you try to circumvent that in some way?

Sorry man I'm trying to answer fast cause I'm working! I've been writing the word opinion too much today so its like a reflex, lol

What I meant to say is I respect Austin and what he's done, but don't think he would admit if Cena wasn't a A+ in his mind that's all. But if he thinks he's an A+, good for him, I have nothing to say, and don't understand why you have something to say if someone thinks otherwise.

As far as Bret Hart goes, that's a good point.. mmmmm... I would love to understand why he's saying it as I respect Bret a whole lot, I would agree to disagree, like I would with everybody.

Thanks for posting

The point of cutting a promo in wrestling is to sell the show. That's it, there is no other purpose for them.

This is like saying "did you know that the only point of writing dialogue in a story is to get you to turn the page?" There's no doubt that a promo can help develop commercial interest in a feud or fight down the line, but your view on the reasons for promos is hideously malnourished. I don't want to get into the rest of you and Jeffrey's bloodfeud over Cena, but this quoted statement is a manifest falsehood. Reducing first-person testimony in the narrative arts to dollar signs is not only silly, it's false: I bet you can't find any actual testimony by anyone in the industry saying that. Promos help generate credible reasons for watching in the longterm, they help develop the motivations of characters, characters which are sometimes not necessarily easy-to-sell things. If I felt promos were just sales devices, I would have stopped watching LONG ago.

Guys, thanks for wasting so much of your time saying nothing, just shows how much of an important life you have! Unlike you I won't go over all the shit you can say in one post because you're irrelevant.

There is no fact that proves that Cena is better than Bully Ray at cutting promo, NONE, 0, so it's your opinion, and I respect it. Just to make me laugh what is your factual evidence that Cena is better ?

For the rest of your comments, you guys don't realize you're making fools of yourselves, I don't have time to go quote by quote and comment on everything you say.

I think you're irrelevant and all your comments about me or my ops have no added value, it's not entertaining, it's disrespectful and blend.

You 2 are so fkin boring "aw you're stupid!" "Aw you're a moron" jesus christ you're weak.
lol

You care so much about me, I love it, go ahead, take another 45 minutes answering me the same thing over and over again : "You're an idiot and I'm right"

Save your time read a book or something, stop trying to diss me, it won't work, cause you're both irrelevant, and your posts are predictable and boring ..

The Gods are getting schooled here
:D

f0AoMPG.gif

The funny thing is you're not proving to be much better than you say they are being.

I've read comment after comment from all of you, the people in favor of Cena have better arguments than you do as well as have the fact that Cena is currently in, and has been for a good long while, a better position than Bully/Bubba Ray has ever been in when reviewing the history and characters of the wrestling industry. Your opinion may or may not fit into the buzzword of "wrong," but your opinion is certainly much harder to use to sway others to follow.

From what I've read from you, I would not be in the least be swayed to follow your ideas because they aren't very well presented, don't have much strength to them and sound rather, to be blunt, "dumb."

f0AoMPG.gif

The funny thing is you're not proving to be much better than you say they are being.

I've read comment after comment from all of you, the people in favor of Cena have better arguments than you do as well as have the fact that Cena is currently in, and has been for a good long while, a better position than Bully/Bubba Ray has ever been in when reviewing the history and characters of the wrestling industry. Your opinion may or may not fit into the buzzword of "wrong," but your opinion is certainly much harder to use to sway others to follow.

From what I've read from you, I would not be in the least be swayed to follow your ideas because they aren't very well presented, don't have much strength to them and sound rather, to be blunt, "dumb."

Of course it is harder to follow my position!!! Because Cena is getting much more exposure than all the others, lol. You think I don't know that, I spent some time defending some of the names when challenged on it, But the 2 guys of THE GODS are the only ones challenging me about Bully Ray,

I started a post about backstage segments that was very well received another one about Rusev's and Barrett's first feud, It's this Cena thing that seems to be a touching subject..

I can post videos, say 100X times that Bully is better at story telling, but the guys are tellling me it's a fact and I'm wrong, so why the hell am I going to take some of my time debatting with them? You have to admit THAT would be stupid, it's like trying to convince a cult member that his cult his shit... what a waste of time.

So if you ask me to defend better my positions next time, I'll gave you that, I only threw some names that I thaught were better than Cena and say hell I won't defend myself right away in case people agree, I was curious to see which name would pop and generate discussion and than I can defend it like I did with a few names.

Anyways, DM me so that we don't spam if you want to further discuss

To be fair, you were talking about best promo guys (and Stephanie) in the WWE today, so Bully and Angle shouldn't even be on your list really.

And, yes, you mentioned Truth's whole "don't what me" schtick from a couple of years ago, which was also when Miz was allowed to talk more, so we may as well discount those 2 from the list.

Titus? Gone. Road Dogg? A fun catch-phrase but aside from him reciting that, and the start of the N.A.O's entrance music, that's pretty much all I can remember him saying.

Bray has a unique style but it is far too early to tell how consistent he is.

Who does that leave now? Cena, Heyman, Steph and HHH?

Steph is very screechy and could really antagonise the crowd back in the day but to act like she is better than Cena at promos is ridiculous.

HHH is solid but unspectacular. His stuff with Punk in 2011 was actually quite good and there were a few occasions where he made Punk's stance seem very selfish and petulant.

Heyman is someone I've come to appreciate over time and his material with Brock has been very impressive. He did a great job on Raw in presenting himself as a fan of the Undertaker who put over the streak and its legacy, while also putting Brock over as not only a threat to the streak but the likely destroyer of the streak. (However I must admit, whenever I think of Heyman I think of 2 words - "Matt freakin' Hardy")

Cena isn't just someone who is better than the rest by default. He is someone who is better than the rest due to his intelligence.

He can do his cheesy stuff and switch to his more intense mode within a matter of minutes but knows how to bridge the gap so that the audience, cheering or booing, is paying attention to what he says.

People are upset that he made light of Bray Wyatt? Hmm, it seems that the anti-Cena brigade now want to see Bray get stuck into Cena. That to me seems that Cena has furthered the feud and anticipation to their showdown at Mania, not Bray.

If you boo Cena and hate him because you think his promos just pander to kids and to sell merch, his ability is lost on you. I've been saying this for years, he wants people like you to boo him. What's more interesting? A guy getting a generic babyface reaction? Or a guy so strong in his convictions that he says what he says, believes it, and half the crowd loves him for it, the other half hates his character. It's a hell of a lot more interesting. He works you into booing him. You're not smart, you're not edgy, you're no different than people in the 80s getting worked up into throwing trash at Roddy Piper because they think they hate him.

This is like saying "did you know that the only point of writing dialogue in a story is to get you to turn the page?" There's no doubt that a promo can help develop commercial interest in a feud or fight down the line, but your view on the reasons for promos is hideously malnourished. I don't want to get into the rest of you and Jeffrey's bloodfeud over Cena, but this quoted statement is a manifest falsehood. Reducing first-person testimony in the narrative arts to dollar signs is not only silly, it's false: I bet you can't find any actual testimony by anyone in the industry saying that. Promos help generate credible reasons for watching in the longterm, they help develop the motivations of characters, characters which are sometimes not necessarily easy-to-sell things. If I felt promos were just sales devices, I would have stopped watching LONG ago.
Actually, ultimately the point of dialogue IS to get you to turn the page. If you aren't interested, you won't turn the page.

Second, you say "reducing first-person testimony in the narrative arts to dollar signs is not only silly......promos help generate credible reasons for watching longterm" in other words, YEA, promos are there to get people to keep going to shows. You can jazz it up and try to make it seem artsy all you want, but at the end of the day, promos talk people into coming into the building. Don't talk down on the art of sales. It's hard to do. Cena is damn good at it. Art should stir an emotion. Last I checked, people don't spend hours bitching and moaning about how much they hate Bully Ray. Cena stirs emotion. That is art.

If you boo Cena and hate him because you think his promos just pander to kids and to sell merch, his ability is lost on you. I've been saying this for years, he wants people like you to boo him. What's more interesting? A guy getting a generic babyface reaction? Or a guy so strong in his convictions that he says what he says, believes it, and half the crowd loves him for it, the other half hates his character. It's a hell of a lot more interesting. He works you into booing him. You're not smart, you're not edgy, you're no different than people in the 80s getting worked up into throwing trash at Roddy Piper because they think they hate him.

Lol don't put him up too much on that...
I'm sure his master plan wasn't to have a 50/50 crowd response I'm sure he'd much rather have the majority cheer him. But he doesn't have what it takes like all the other faces of the company have the majority cheer for him his character doesn't have that element. Chris Jericho said the best faces were the ones where guys wanna have a beer with you and the woman wanna have sex with you. Well, he's got the woman part... Definitely not a beer with the boys lol, well maybe some would like to sit around and crack funnys with cena, but not I ahHa.
He has stated that he would rather have people boo him than get up and get popcorn or a beer because at least their paying attention. I do have respect however that he doesn't let the boos get the best of him. Batista gives the oil' "fuck you" to everyone that boos him haha. But yah, Has nothing to do with him working anybody into hating him...

Cena's promos might be repetitive and basically the same promo from the previous week, just replacing the name of the city, but he is one of the very few people that owns the crowd. He can handle and control the situation based on how the crowd is reacting. If its "Let's go Cena / Cena sucks" or say "CM Punk!" from Chicago RAW, he stops and lets them finish before continuing, even acknowledging them at times. If its a pro-Cena crowd, then he will praise them and say they are rocking tonight. And delivering promos almost every week for the past 10 odd years isn't child's play. Furthermore, he has shown that he can come up with quick unprepared insults too, like telling Cesaro "Don't write cheques with your mouth that your body can't cash", and so on... Such abilities come with time and experience and they don't come to everybody.
Other than Paul Heyman and Triple-H, nobody from your list is close to being of Cena's level on the Mic. By the way, why isn't Damien Sandow or Zeb Colter or The Undertaker on your list?

ok, gonna give my opinion on this, haven't looked at every single post. I don't see Foley, Rock, Austin, Flair, Hogan, Savage or even Warrior in your list. Dean Ambrose or Moxley as he was called should be in above a lot of people. I like Titus on the mic, he might not have it in the ring, but his mic work is good, like Santino, it's entertaining. DX with Shawn and HHH in the early days were class. Even comparing R-truth, Stephanie(vickie is better tbh), Miz, Bubba Duds(I love the Dudleys), Randy, del Rio and Ziggler in the same class as some of the above is a joke. Cena is good on the mic, nowhere near the best.

ok, gonna give my opinion on this, haven't looked at every single post. I don't see Foley, Rock, Austin, Flair, Hogan, Savage or even Warrior in your list. Dean Ambrose or Moxley as he was called should be in above a lot of people. I like Titus on the mic, he might not have it in the ring, but his mic work is good, like Santino, it's entertaining. DX with Shawn and HHH in the early days were class. Even comparing R-truth, Stephanie(vickie is better tbh), Miz, Bubba Duds(I love the Dudleys), Randy, del Rio and Ziggler in the same class as some of the above is a joke. Cena is good on the mic, nowhere near the best.

Well, I never mentionned of all time, So of course Foley Rock Austin etc would be on an all time list, probably none of my list would be on an all time list!

I don't agree with Santino at all,
I wish people would go back in time and watch some of the promos those guys pulled I garantee you would now agree on some of my names,

Anyhow, We agree, Cena is no where near the best.

Lol don't put him up too much on that...
I'm sure his master plan wasn't to have a 50/50 crowd response I'm sure he'd much rather have the majority cheer him. But he doesn't have what it takes like all the other faces of the company have the majority cheer for him his character doesn't have that element. Chris Jericho said the best faces were the ones where guys wanna have a beer with you and the woman wanna have sex with you. Well, he's got the woman part... Definitely not a beer with the boys lol, well maybe some would like to sit around and crack funnys with cena, but not I ahHa.
He has stated that he would rather have people boo him than get up and get popcorn or a beer because at least their paying attention. I do have respect however that he doesn't let the boos get the best of him. Batista gives the oil' "fuck you" to everyone that boos him haha. But yah, Has nothing to do with him working anybody into hating him...
It probably wasn't his master plan at first. However, he's definately turned it around and worked with it. He's been doing it since what? '06?

Cena is NOT a babyface. I don't care that he does traditional babyface things. The things he does makes him a babyface to kids and women, and makes him a heel to men. Was there a guy in your high school who never cussed, was good looking, went to church, was polite, donated to charity, scored 40 a night in basketball, football quarterback, 4.0 GPA, your mom wanted your sister to date him, your younger brother looked up to him, and you hated him? That's Cena. It's simple. Cena WORKS THIS. It's obvious to everyone who's not blinded by markish hate. Like I always say. If people actually disliked him (and not as a heel), then they wouldn't spend so much time, money, and effort talking about how much they dislike him and they wouldn't say "lets go Cena/Cena sucks", they'd chant for the other guy. If this were a new phenomenon, maybe you'd have a point, but Cena has been doing this for over 5 years now. Time to admit...he's fuckin working you. He's creating atmopheres (and other stars) based on your reaction.

Don't give yourself or the smarks too much credit. You're not that sophisticated and are just as easy (or easier because all of your thoughts and opinions are easily seen) to work as the classic marks.

It probably wasn't his master plan at first. However, he's definately turned it around and worked with it. He's been doing it since what? '06?

Cena is NOT a babyface. I don't care that he does traditional babyface things. The things he does makes him a babyface to kids and women, and makes him a heel to men. Was there a guy in your high school who never cussed, was good looking, went to church, was polite, donated to charity, scored 40 a night in basketball, football quarterback, 4.0 GPA, your mom wanted your sister to date him, your younger brother looked up to him, and you hated him? That's Cena. It's simple. Cena WORKS THIS. It's obvious to everyone who's not blinded by markish hate. Like I always say. If people actually disliked him (and not as a heel), then they wouldn't spend so much time, money, and effort talking about how much they dislike him and they wouldn't say "lets go Cena/Cena sucks", they'd chant for the other guy. If this were a new phenomenon, maybe you'd have a point, but Cena has been doing this for over 5 years now. Time to admit...he's fuckin working you. He's creating atmopheres (and other stars) based on your reaction.

Don't give yourself or the smarks too much credit. You're not that sophisticated and are just as easy (or easier because all of your thoughts and opinions are easily seen) to work as the classic marks.

Well I can see somebody is a cena fan lol... It's funny that you think it's all a work and that you think people who hate him are unsophisticated and to stupid to figure out that he's tricking us into hating him.
Even after I said I respect the man you just can't get passed that fact that my reasons for not liking his wrestling character is legit. And people cheer for the other guy aswell as chant cena sucks. Not liking him has nothing do do with that high school bullshit story you just told lol.

Your assuming a lot based on nothing. People hate Cena because he's not talented, not for his character. It wouldn't matter if he was face or heel, because he doesn't have the ability. It's not a work; he's bad in the ring and corny on the mic, and some wrestling fans are tired of getting a poor product shoved down their throats...
He's a bad actor; that's clear from his movies. Nothing like Rock. Yet he's the lead actor in WWE. You wouldn't watch movies if the lead sucked in everything he did...
Wrestling is basically theatre with physical circus acts and choreography. And he's a crappy actor who can't dance... So don't tell me why I or anyone else hates cena cuz it's a load of shit bud.. Good day

Well I can see somebody is a cena fan lol... It's funny that you think it's all a work and that you think people who hate him are unsophisticated and to stupid to figure out that he's tricking us into hating him.
Even after I said I respect the man you just can't get passed that fact that my reasons for not liking his wrestling character is legit. And people cheer for the other guy aswell as chant cena sucks. Not liking him has nothing do do with that high school bullshit story you just told lol.

Your assuming a lot based on nothing. People hate Cena because he's not talented, not for his character. It wouldn't matter if he was face or heel, because he doesn't have the ability. It's not a work; he's bad in the ring and corny on the mic, and some wrestling fans are tired of getting a poor product shoved down their throats...
He's a bad actor; that's clear from his movies. Nothing like Rock. Yet he's the lead actor in WWE. You wouldn't watch movies if the lead sucked in everything he did...
Wrestling is basically theatre with physical circus acts and choreography. And he's a crappy actor who can't dance... So don't tell me why I or anyone else hates cena cuz it's a load of shit bud.. Good day
Okay, fine. You hate Cena because he's a bad performer. But you're also a masochist because you spend dozens (hundreds?) of hours/year bitching about him on a message board, watching him on TV, bringing signs to live events, and booing him.

I guess that's logical. I mean, I hate MTV. I watch it all the time and bitch about it. I go on message boards and talk about all the shows in detail and how much I hate it. I go to MTV sponsored events and boo them....o wait, no I don't because that's fuckin ******ed. If people REALLY hated him because he was bad at his job (which, Samoa Joe, Terry Funk, Ric Flair, CM Punk, Bryan Alvarez, and Dave Metlzer say he's not and they all have more credibility than you), then you wouldn't make noise, you wouldn't make signs, you'd cheer the other guy, or you'd walk out on his matches. You don't.

So which is it. Do you hate him like a heel? Or are you so much of a masochist that you spend more time bitching about him than praising others? "You" btw, is referring to people who boo him in general.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back