The Stadiums You Want To Visit

CH David

A Jock That Loves Pepsi
Simple thread. For each of your favorite sports, what is the one stadium that you would want to visit that isn't your favorite teams and why. Like for example, I can't say anything in Chicago, as I have been to them already. Or X can't say Fenway Park or Gillette Stadium. Just examples.

MLB - This is a tough one for me, as there are so many great stadiums out there. I will probably have to go with Fenway Park. The history of it is amazing, and if you can get tickets you are always in for a sold out frenzy and entertaining game.

NBA - Just for the hell of it, Madison Square Garden. The Knicks suck, but the venue has always been great. It is arguably the most well known arena in the world, and all of the history, whether it includes wrestling, athletics, or concerts, simply magic.

NHL - Like the MLB, this is tough for me, as there are a lot of stadiums with history, and also just great teams. Perhaps heading up to Toronto or Montreal to look at the history of the teams. Maybe Edmonton, as I hear they have the fastest and best kept ice in the game. It is difficult to decide, but I'll go with Montreal, simply as an Original Six team, and making the treck up there would be cool. (Not Detroit as I will most likely visit there sometime in the near future.)

NFL - New Orleans. That dome is simply fantastic, and I would love to witness it first hand. Considering the sentiment and what it means to the city, that is enough for me.

What are yours?

I am going to limit this to current stadiums as their are way too many past arenas/stadiums/parks that I would love to watch a game in, but I doubt I ever will.

NHL- The Bell Centre- I would love to be with all the Quebecois fans as they really put on a hell of a show each and every game. They really seem to be in each game, no matter how bad the Canadiens are doing.

MLB- I am sure it is nice, it just isn't the same anymore, but thi is not Yankee Stadium for me. CH David has it, as I would love to sit in the 90 year old park with the big ol' wall in left field. Fenway Park would be a fantastic ball game, in mid September as the cool air rushes in.

NBA- Staples Center. It seems to be the best seat in the house, and I have always envied the attendees of Lakers games (Not the Clipper games that take place and ruin it for basketball fans:)). Floor seats to see the action would be a dream come true.

CFL- Well it is BC Stadium, but since I have been there, nothing big:)

Wrestling- MSG. But apparently Wrestling isn't a sport.

MMA- Bell Centre II. Just to see the experience as GSP fights in the octagon. But maybe this is a better question for JMTville.

MLB- This is a toughie for me, as I absolutely despise the Yankees, and would never put a dime in Steinbrenners pockets, so Yankees Stadium is out. But, I wouldn't mind visiting either Wrigley Field, or even Tampa's ball park (don't know the name). Forced to choose, I say Wrigley, just to visit the second oldest operational stadium in MLB. Plus, I understand they have some damn good food in Chi-town.

NHL- I'd say the Gardens. Sure, the Rangers suck, but it's the Gardens damnit!!!! Just to be able to stand in the building, named after the building, etc. that P.T. Barnum stood in, as well as home of a Stanly Cup, who wouldn't love that?

NFL- Let's see here. I'm a Bengals nation member, and I'm saying what field I'd most like to visit that houses a team that's not the Cats....... Meh, why not? I'll say Heinz Field, for shits and giggles. Just to go to Pitt. and sit in the stands, wearing my Jordan Palmer jersey, waving my Pride Towel, and pissing off the natives. While there, I'd also ask Big Ben why he can't beat the Bengals this season.

Living in/near NY all my life, I've been to some pretty historic places. The ones that are left, are still big though.

I have to see hockey games in Montreal and Detroit before I die, no matter the arena. I'd like to see them before they get new places, but I think the crowd is what makes it special, especially for hockey.

I'd love to see a game at Fenway. I've been to Shea and Yankee Stadium, and I've stood on the ground where Ebbets Field was...Now I need to see the Green Monster, and I'll be happy.

MLB - Fenway park or Yankee Stadium. Both are amazing stadiums and full of history and the atmosphere would be tremendous. A playoff game in one of these stadiums would be unreal.

NBA - MSG or the Staples Center. MSG is so historic and taking in a game there would be awesome. Staples Center is also great because of the atmosphere and the people.

NFL - Cowboys Stadium. What a beast. Just seeing this stadium from the outside would be unparalled, but actually sitting in the stadium with that giant screen and the hole in the roof watching the Cowboys would leave me speechless.

NHL - As a Leafs fan I would say the Bell Centre. Of course the history is there, but also because I get to walk into the enemies stadium with my Leafs jersey wore with pride and sitting in the stands with all of the Canadiens fans would be the greatest experience for a hockey fan/Leafs fan.

It's always been Yankees Stadium for me. The history that was in that building. Did they already demolish it? I might be mis-informed. It was a goal of mine to go there and see a Yankees game in person, but it's just like.. a shallow one now. It's pretty saddening. I'd like to go to Talladega Raceway just to witness the amazing sight of that big ass track. Maybe drive my van around it..

NFL- Lambeau Field. I mean there is so much history in this field. Even though my 2nd least favorite team in the NFL plays here, I just want to go to experience the atmosphere and electricity of a classic field. Bears vs Packers on a cold, winter's day at Lambeau is always something that I wanted to see.

NHL and NBA- I decided to merge these to together because I wouldn't mind seeing both of these sports at the same venue. That place is Madison Square Garden. Whether it'd be the Knicks(eh) or the Rangers, I feel that either seeing a hockey game or a basketball game here would be an absolute treat.

MLB- Like the majority, I am going to go with Fenway. Like the other venues on my list, this park just has so much history to it. Every baseball fan should go to Wrigley Field and this field at least once before you die. Another venue I wouldn't mind going to see a game at is Turner Field. I don't know, it just has the feel of a great place to watch a game of baseball, day or night.

MLB-This is so easy for me, Rigley Field. I'm not a Cubs fan in any way, and I hardly ever watch them, but seeing as the old Yankee stadium is gone, Wrigley and Fenway are really the only classic ballparks left.

NFL- I know it doesn't have any histroic value, but the Cowboys new stadium is sweet. It has to be by far the most extravagant football stadium in all the NFL. I would spend hours just walking around that place.

NBA- Would have to be the Staples Center, seeing as I've never seen Kobe Byrant play live. Plus it's LA, there's loads of stuff to do.

NHL- Gotta go with the Joe Louis Arena. I've always wanted to see the Red Wings play in their house. And to think years back when I was in Detroit I went to a Lions game.

I go passed the Olympic Stadium every single day and I can't wait until it opens, as it has to be the most imposing stadium I've ever seen. I'd like to go to the Emirates, because I used to live near there and it is just a really nice stadium. The curiosity in me says I'd like to go the New Den, but I probably wouldn't ever actually go. To be honest though, having stood on The Kop before it became all seated, I think I've pretty much had the best stadium experience possible in Britain.

The only sport that I am into is football. I have made a habit of trying to get around and see as many of them as I possibly can. I have been abroad a lot and on each occasion, I have tried to see as many of the stadiums that are in the locale. I have seen pretty much all of the stadiums in Scotland. Well, the ones worth mentioning anyway. I have seen Parkhead, Ibrox and Hampden. I have also seen quite a few of the bigger ones in England too. I have seen Anfield, Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge. When I travel abroad, I usually like to go and see how they compare to the British alternatives.

I have managed to see the Nou Camp and the Stadio Olympico, in both Spain and France respectively. The next ones on my list are two of my most anticipated. I really want to see the San Siro in Milan and the Santiago Bernebou in Madrid. Hopefully, this will come true in the next few years.

MLB- I would love to go to Wrigley for the history and to see a Cards- Cubs game in enemy territory.

NHL- Joe Louis Arena for the same reasons I would go to Wrigley.

NFL- The Black Hole in Oakland, I would go just to see if the fans are really that crazy, plus again the team has alot of history.

NBA- Pepsi Center in Denver, not alot of history here but Carmelo Anthony is my favorite basketball player on my favorite team.

NBA: Madison Square Garden: I think the greatest venture in North America.... Players should be honored to play in the Garden, I know i would..

NFL: Dallas stadium: Isn't the jumbo tron 50-70 yards? UNBELIEVIBLE!!! I would love to go watch the Saints play at Dallas......

MLB: Fenway Park: A lot of history in this historical park.... Unique style too with the "Green Monster"... i would love to sit front row on the green monster and watch the Red Soxs play game 7 in the WS.....

Sidenote: @CH David: Being a Saints fan my whole life and going to the Dome several times, this place is always electric, espeically after Hurricane Katrina.... I went two years ago when the Saints went 13-3 when they played the Panthers.... The game was close at the end.... On third downs in the forth quarter i couldnt hear myslef think... When the Pathers fumbled in the endzone and the Saints recovered to make the game out of reach,all I could hear was just one high pitch sound... Most Definitely the best experience of my life...

When I get older I'd love to travel around the country and visit the 28 MLB stadiums I haven't been to (I've been to Comerica Park and Progressive Field). Baseball is my favorite sport and I'd like to experience these other ballparks live. But, if I was to limit my option there for just one, it'd be Angel Stadium. The ballpark looks absolutely beautiful on television and I'd love to go to a night game there.

For others, it'd be Qwest Field in Seattle (to experience the 12th man), the Staples Center, and the Shark Tank in San Jose.

There is one stadium that is miles above the rest for me - Old Yankee Stadium. I want to stand at home plate in the very same place that immortals like Babe, Lou, Yogi, Mick, Joe, Thurman, Bernie, and Reggie stood. I want to throw a pitch off of the mound that Whitey, Goose, Guidry, Lefty, Clemans, and Moose once owned. I want to round the bases like so many hall-of-fame players have done after launching a ball into the stratosphere. I want to lean against the fence of the dugout in the same manner that Joe Torre, Billy Martin, and Joe McCarthy did. I want to lay in the outfield grass, close my eyes, and soak in the rich history of the greatest sports franchise ever.

Unfortunately, my dream cannot come true. But, while the stadium is gone, the memories remain. I can't visit the "House That Ruth Built", but someday I will be able to see Yankee Stadium II, visit monument park, and remember the phenomenal players I've grown up watching - A-Rod, Mo, Andy, Jorge, and the Captain.

As a huge football/soccer fan I have been to quite a few of the biggest and best stadiums in England, including

Old Trafford (Man Utd), Anfield (Liverpool), The Old Wembley, the New Wembley, The Millenium Stadium, St James' Park (Newcastle), but I would definitely like to visit the home stadiums of both Arsenal (The Emirates Stadium) and Chelsea (Stamford Bridge), just so I have been to all of the "big Five" teams grounds.

I would also like to visit some of the famous stadiums in Europe and plan to go to Barcelona soon to see The Nou Camp, hopefully within a year or so. It is one of the most famous stadiums in the world, with 3 tiers so it is huge, and would be great to see. Other stadiums I want to see are The Bernabau (Real Madrid) and The San Siro (AC/Inter Milan).

I other sports, I wouldn't mind going to the home of Cricket- "Lords", or Madison Square Garden in NYC, simply as it is the home of wrestling and one of the most famous venues in the world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back