The Slammiversary Poster - False Advertising

jobesukulele

Pre-Show Stalwart
I've just seen the promotional poster for TNA's upcoming Slammiversary IX PPV event and was pleased to see exclusively faces of what is generally agreed to be TNA home grown talent.

tna-slammiversary(1).jpg

Here it is

But is it deliberately trying to mislead us? and appeal to the stubborn variety of TNA fan that preferred the company back in its Asylum days.

Looking at it by the faces hopefully what I'm trying to get at will be clearer.

~Eric Young, obviously won't be highlighted except for non-obligatory comic relief.
~Joe, as much as I wanna see him kill someone (it's become long overdue) the current regime would sooner feature Disco Inferno in a prominent role.

~MMG, from lookin at how Sabin was sidelined during Shelley's absence. Now Sabin himself has got injured it looks like they will both be sidelined.

~This leaves Fortune (I spell the Core with one 'R' too) who thankfully will be featured for sure, but how?
~Kaz and BMi assuming they still have gold will be in mid card roles.
~Daniels sadly suffers the same fate as Joe because I honestly believe Hogan and Botschoff see nothing in him (i.e there's not roid muscles on top of roid muscles).
~And finally AJ Styles. Maybe if we're lucky he'll be in a career defining match with Gunner for the TV title... or failing that they could just have him fight Ric Flair again (feel free to blast me for shameless use of sarcasm).

Of course this is all coming out because it's exactly what TNA have prepared most of us to expect. The truth is off the back of a solid 7.8/10 performance which was Lockdown we can all only hope for more of the same.

A closing thought. This year at Sacrifice is RVD vs Sting for the world title. Last year at Slammiversary was RVD vs Sting for the world title. Slammiversary is the event after Sacrifice. What has TNA done in the last year exactly?

So... Thoughts? Rants? Things to add?

~Joe, as much as I wanna see him kill someone (it's become long overdue) the current regime would sooner feature Disco Inferno in a prominent role.

Hopefully Joe will get away from Pope for good now and have himself a proper feud that doesnt involve a super hero wannabe japanese bloke getting kidnapped for about 10minutes every week...

~MMG, from lookin at how Sabin was sidelined during Shelley's absence. Now Sabin himself has got injured it looks like they will both be sidelined.

Barring recoveries from both men id keep them off TV as their far more valuable as a team than individually, i am a fan of both men as singles wrestlers but as a team their just on another level. But hold out till their both 100% and then bring them back. Or just force them to both do rediculous spots while injured and not pay the medical bills ;)

~Daniels sadly suffers the same fate as Joe because I honestly believe Hogan and Botschoff see nothing in him (i.e there's not roid muscles on top of roid muscles).

Bischoff recently came out and did an interview regarding Daniels return to the company and really put over how much he liked Daniels and his previous departure from the company was just because they didnt have anything for him at the time. Hes been highlighted as a big return so far so i can see them using him in a big match vs someone from Immortal

~And finally AJ Styles. Maybe if we're lucky he'll be in a career defining match with Gunner for the TV title... or failing that they could just have him fight Ric Flair again (feel free to blast me for shameless use of sarcasm).

Im assuming we will see some kind of Immortal vs Fortune+Daniels for control of TNA. The synopsis from the poster reads "the power struggle between Immortal and Fortune escalates to a new level of intensity.The World Championship is on the line and the very future of TNA is at stake." So i can see a multiman match to take Immortal out or something. If this happens it could be big news for Styles/Daniels/Beer Money/Kaz as this is the type of storyline that could get them over to the next level.

A closing thought. This year at Sacrifice is RVD vs Sting for the world title. Last year at Slammiversary was RVD vs Sting for the world title. Slammiversary is the event after Sacrifice. What has TNA done in the last year exactly?

So... Thoughts? Rants? Things to add?

Lets be honest, if anything TNA have gone backwards. The "return" of the Main Event Mafia and the subsequent loss of Booker and Nash really hurt the company in my opinion. Daphne has (apparently) got a very strong case against the company. Hogan is seemingly taking more and more time on tv building towards a (god forbid) Sting vs Hogan in a loser heads to the morgue match. The Tag division is still effectively MCMG and Beer Money after TNA decided to split Gen Me and the X division title has never meant less.

BUT...they have done alot right over the last 12 months. We have seen some incredible matches, Angle vs Jarrett at Lockdown being the most recent. We have seen the return of Sting, Hardy has finally been taken off TV for being a mess, the Knockout division is looking strong with Mickie James and Winter being added to the likes of Angelina Love, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky and friends and President Dixie Carter has been taken off tv (because her husband cudnt keep it in her pants... allegedly)

So there certainly is reason to be optimistic providing Hogan gets kicked out soon and they try and give the main event scene some storylines which dont revolve around Immortal holding all the power BROTHER!!!

IMO this could mean two things. Either TNA has realised their mistakes and are listening to the fans' cries to make the better wrestlers the face of the company, or this is just a poster to show which wrestlers were there since the beginning and show that history matters to TNA. I hope that they make it an epic ppv with all the people on the poster showcased, but I know in my heart that that won't happen.

TNA, why? why? A lot of real TNA fans want to see the talent that TNA made. We don't want to see the talent that WWE made, or that WCW made. AJ Styles is the best wrestler in the world, but gets overshadowed by "Bully" Ray. Come on. The gimmicks good but he's not AJ Styles.

What made this happen??
Hogan?
Bischoff?
Jarrett?
Charlie Sheen?

Do they just not see what these guys have? Their loyal. Their GREAT in the ring. Their what brought TNA to the dance. SHOWCASE THEM!!!

TNA's management and creative actions are so mind-numbingly frustrating, it hurts to watch their developments unfold. Honestly, I gave up on watching TNA months ago. I only keep updated with their comical activities through series of Botchamania YouTube videos.

Bitches gonna bitch.

The poster? The poster is getting people riled up. Do you realize it's suppose to represent the anniversary of the company? Of course it's gonna feature home-talent regardless of them appearing. They are TNA's homegrown talent! Who gives a shit if they aren't all gonna be on the PPV?! It's a fucking poster. False advertisement? Really? The fucking card has yet to be announced and will remain as such until after Sacrifice. Are people really this... Ignorant?

Well Killjoy to be honest I figured I'd get rants declaring me Captain State the Obvious if I did that, and also that it's not really got anything to do with the case I'm making in this post.

If you think it's okay for TNA to use the faces of guys that have been busting their ass for TNA since the early days to promote an event, only to give the actual spots (i.e. The money) to exWWE/WCW workers who are putting in least effort and raking in the most of the wages, then that's your opinion.

You are supporting inequality in a work place (I know in TV it works different before you start your second obvious rant, no we'd never see a film where Johnny Depp works for the same fee as Ernie Hudson, it doesn't change the fact that you Are).

I just went through the painstaking 5 minutes it took to research this, so...

There were 21 people featured on last year's Slammiversary..
Kaz
Kendrick (was 2004, that's 2 years in, but I'll count it to help you out)
Hernandez
Abyss
AJ Styles
Storm
Roode (again 2004)

That's 7 workers out of 21. There is No Way you can expected me to anticipate TNA to focus this event around original talent, let alone call me ignorant for not mentioning it, because. There's ZERO fucking reason to!

So Yeah, I really see now how that's representing the anniversary by using home grown talent. That really legitimises your rant. You come across as very intelligent and well informed. I am being sarcastic. Go play with your pokemon.

Now that ugliness is out of the way...

IMO this could mean two things. Either TNA has realised their mistakes and are listening to the fans' cries to make the better wrestlers the face of the company, or this is just a poster to show which wrestlers were there since the beginning and show that history matters to TNA. I hope that they make it an epic ppv with all the people on the poster showcased, but I know in my heart that that won't happen.

Yeah, like I said Lockdown was really promising, so there's good reason to hope for the best.

It'd be a nice change of pace if TNA did make the event a nod to its history and actually back up the poster.

You know, I still think separating from the NWA was the worst decision TNA has ever made.

I can see where you're coming from, but I don't think over a month before the PPV they can be accused of false advertising simply because they are insinuating the guys on the poster will be there. Also, we don't know when the poster was made up, so it's feasible they made it up before Sabin whacked his knee (that looked pretty damaging on first appearance) which is something they can't have foreseen.

Slammiversary is about celebrating TNA, so I don't see why it's a big deal to have them advertising TNA originals rather than a bunch of 'ex-' guys. If they did that then there would probably be a similar thread started up soon after! Imagine also if Hogan was on it, there would be massive outrage most likely.

The thing to bear in mind also, is that if they were to advertise the 'ex-' wrestlers they may be able to up their buy rates by advertising more familiar faces. The poster is fine as it is and shows TNA acknowledging their loyal guys. Nothing wrong with that for 'their' PPV.

I seem to remember, not too long ago, there was a poster for a PPV with Kurt Angle on it and he wasn't even at the event.
Sometimes posters are just posters, I think.
I see where you are coming from about the workplace inequality thing to a degree, but didn't TNA, in general, make their name in another company?
Styles, Daniels, Joe and so on have earned a place though, to be sure.
I've no idea what the financial numbers look like, so I cannot comment as to the booking situation.
I do agree that TNA talent does not appear to be used properly though, in the sense that you seem to be saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back