Slammiversary Location & Date Revealed

ABMorales787

Lord And Master
Staff member
Administrator
The 2014 TNA Slammiversary pay-per-view will be held on June 8th at the College Park Center in Arlington, Texas on the University of Texas at Arlington campus.

TNA held the 2012 Slammiversary PPV at the same venue. This will be their first time back in the market since that 2012 event.

Yup. The site of TNA's biggest PPV. It held their highest U.S. attendance and the event itself was a very damn good one too. It's no shock TNA is returning to it.

However, I feel Slammiversary should've been in New York while Bound For Glory was held in this venue. Texas has already proven to be a huge market for TNA TV. But they've never set foot in NY for TV other than the recent Hardcore Justice event. They've always used their PPV's to test out new areas, but I feel that with Bound For Glory being as underwhelming as it was last year, returning here for it would've been the best move for TNA to make. It's their biggest show after all. Not Slammiversary. They don't bring anywhere near as much hype to it as they do for BFG.

They came toward New York years back, 2009 or so, for Hardcore Justice when Booker T was still with the company. I went to that show, and it was incredible — great turnout, too. That was actually in New Jersey, though, not New York. I have no idea why they don't come this far north more often — based on the turn out's I've been part of, they always pack the house, even for house shows, like the ones they constantly put on in Westbury, NY.

This is a smart call on their part, though, in doubling up on the Arlington audience that really came out in droves for them the last time they were there.

Personally, I'd reverse the two and do Bound For Glory in New York. The marketing writes itself. Biggest show of the year in the Big Apple.

Bound For Glory in the New York area would be a great idea and I'd love for that to happen.

Anyhow, to stay on topic, I have to say that I'm happy that TNA is going back to Texas for Slammiversary this year. In my opinion, Slammiversary 2012 was the best wrestling pay-per-view of 2012 and the fans in attendance that night were a big reason why. Not only was the crowd one of, if not, the largest crowd in TNA history, but they were into the action all night long. I hope that this year's crowd can be even three quarters as good as the 2012 crowd was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back