The Rock Vs. John Cena: Will It Ever Happen?

weird86

Pre-Show Stalwart
Here me out on this and I am not saying this because I'm going to be at SS (actually I'll be at WM too). If wrestlemania 25 was able to get over a million buys with a Orton HHH 14 main event why not put a HUGE match with Cena vs Rock at Summerslam instead. I guarantee WM26 will get around a million buys regardless of matches so if WWE was smart they would put Cena vs Rock at SS. I guarantee with that match SS buys would be close to a million and they would still get all the buys for WM just because it's WM. Plus SS is in Hollywood and the reactions Cena and Rock would get would be priceless. I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

No offense, but what exactly are you smoking?

The Rock is not coming back to the WWE. PERIOD. You people need to get over this. Unless Vince offered the rock something ridiculous like 10 million dollars for one match, it's just not going to happen. The Rock has successful career in Hollywood, and has no desire whatsoever to return to wrestling. None.

Would John Cena vs. The Rock be a good match? I'm sure it would. So would Lou Thesz vs. Chris Jericho. It's not going to happen though.

People really need to get over this. The Rock is never coming back nor does he want to come back. He has moved on to better and bigger things. He has had a successful Hollywood career thus far and I’m certain he does not regret leaving the wrestling industry. He was smart and got out early. He wasn’t going to let wrestling control the way his life was, which is why so many leave the wrestling industry, even if they loved wrestling.

He didn't want to stay and he's not coming back as long as he continues getting roles to play in movies. I think it's about time us wrestling fans got over the fact that he just doesn't want to come back. I don't know what is so hard to understand about that.

Here me out on this and I am not saying this because I'm going to be at SS (actually I'll be at WM too). If wrestlemania 25 was able to get over a million buys with a Orton HHH 14 main event why not put a HUGE match with Cena vs Rock at Summerslam instead. I guarantee WM26 will get around a million buys regardless of matches so if WWE was smart they would put Cena vs Rock at SS. I guarantee with that match SS buys would be close to a million and they would still get all the buys for WM just because it's WM. Plus SS is in Hollywood and the reactions Cena and Rock would get would be priceless. I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

To answer your question, which I don't know why I am... If this match happened. A match up of Cena vs Rock would have to be at Mania. It would be stupid not to. It the biggest show of the year, and you want to the biggest matches to be there.

Though this match is never going to happen. I don't even know why you are posting this. Face it, Rock is done with wrestling. He's not going to come back... Why can't we just leave it alone.

Honestly, you can't say this match has to happen at WrestleMania 26 because Vince McMahon will do whatever he wants to do. Plus, Rock vs Cena in Hollywood would be a good draw and, to be completely honest, Vince could say the Rock is coming back to wrestle at any PPV and it would sell a million because it's the Rock. Besides, I think the Rock might try to pull a Ricky Steamboat and come back after retiring from filming. I mean it's hard to act in movies well into old age, unless you're Morgan Freeman. But I think a Rock vs Cena would draw about a million PPV sales anytime of the year. The only problem with it being at SS is that Legends normally make appearances in the Royal Rumble or in the time leading up to WrestleMania. So this match would probably take place at WM26 but it woud be a good draw at SummerSlam.

As it may have been said already....COME TO GRIPS WITH REALITY.... it is NEVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER, happening again.....why waste valuable typing time any longer...rock gave the business, the wwe, and the fans a big fuck you.

p.s. to the owner of this post....im gonna go out on a limb and say that the buys WM25 generated werent due to HHH/Orton....im gonna say HBK/Undertaker was far more of a reason WM did over a million than anyone else....

As it may have been said already....COME TO GRIPS WITH REALITY.... it is NEVER, EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVER, happening again.....why waste valuable typing time any longer...rock gave the business, the wwe, and the fans a big fuck you.

p.s. to the owner of this post....im gonna go out on a limb and say that the buys WM25 generated werent due to HHH/Orton....im gonna say HBK/Undertaker was far more of a reason WM did over a million than anyone else....

I would assume that it ws probably Vince who gave the Rock a big fuck you. And you're the one wasting valuable typing time to tell post in a thread that posting in this thread is a waste of time.

And I think WrestleMania sold a million copies because it is, ya know, WrestleMania.

While I agree that he's not coming back, and this was a waste of time... Please point out where the rock said screw you... He slowly faded out of the business. Is there such a big deal with that. He moved on to a better career option for him. In no way did he screw the fans over. If that's how you feel then you need to rethink your opinion.

That I will agree with...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

RANT ALLERT DONT READ IF UR ONE OF THE DUMBASSES THAT KEEPS POSTING I WANT THE ROCK TO COME BACK.

peace.

FFS

when will u ppl learn that the rock isnt coming back, This just shits me.I look at this and its just stupid this has to be the millionth thread about ohh put the rock vs cena wm 26 no ss no rr no sumer slam. fuck just shut up if we kept talking about ppl who left the bussines when they were on top y dont u talk abot the others that just ditched the wwe when they gave them a start lashly and lesnar ring a bell??

every one does it, They get a better offer or u just get sick if the work, travel or time away from home.

imo ppl just write there because u cant think of a real topic for ppl to talk about.

numb skull: hmmm topic hmmmm ohh Rock. cool cena cool. wm cool.

numb skull 2: no sumer slam

numb skull: cool bet no one woud think of that.

numn skull 2: i know smart eyyyyy

:fuckoff: evey one who thinks the rock is coming back

:undertaker2: best there is

Why dont u talk about ppl who care about the wwe and dont say cena. hes a biger dumbass than the ppl who come up with therse threads.

taker, hbk, even trips or orton ppl who work all ther life know the bussines. ppl who think its an art. not muscle guys like cena or hogan they do the same stuff all the time. dont change ther moves. what does cena do now?? throw u around the ring a bit. 5 nuckle shuffle then fu or atutude ajustment as its now called. look back a takers career. does he still do he last ride?? no hes older its a high stress move he changed so he could stay on top.

or the futur when they pass the flame maby not trips but the others.

hardy even if he doesnt resign now. theres a high chance he will eventually. i dont see him going back to tna he pissed them off more for no showing events.

jerico, edge christian, the other hardy( matt the one u all forget about).

swager, morrison, bourne and koffi.

all better subjecs.

shit talk about the miz for whc. :fuckoff: :ass: wont ever happen but it could and its still better than talking about ohh what if the rock didnt leave or rock vs cena or rock vs stone cold one more time.

ok its over.

I would assume that it ws probably Vince who gave the Rock a big fuck you.

Support this claim with an argument that makes sense.

Furthermore, the taker_for_life, it's ******ed to say Cena doesn't love WWE. Just because you don't like him because you're too high on your smark horse does not mean he isn't passionate about wrestling. Cena has been more dedicated to the WWe than most people ever have. Just because Cena is a 'muscle guy', a description that I feel also describes Taker and HHH, and he has a move set you find repetitive, means nothing. Cena has shown nothing but love and dedication to the WWE and wrestling in general, frankly it's ridiculous to suggest otherwsie.

I think the main point of this forum is to express that a Rock vs Cena match would be entertaining and would be a good match. Just because weird has ideas for WWE, like we all do, doesn't mean he should get condemned. Besides I think the Miz winning the WHC has a higher chance of happening than Taker returning in the next month. Vince can pick whoever he wants to be the 'best' and pick whatever matches he wants. If Vince wants the Rock badly enough, he would

A) Have to promise the Rock massive guap (money).

B) Pretty much assure the Rock a victory.

As much as I would love to see The Rock beat the daylights out (i'm in kayfabe mode right now) of Cena.. The Rock doesn't need the WWE at all. Dwayne is a legit Hollywood actor who's in movies that don't actually blow (cough Hogan cough). Could Dwayne do a spot as The Rock 10-15 years down the line? Sure. But not anytime soon. And John Cena needs to STFU. I may sound like everyone else, but John Cena is absolutely horrendous. From his previous gimmick to this current incarnation to his lackluster boring mic skills to his poor excuses for main event matches.. he needs to go away. I didn't watch wrestling or visited the websites from '02-'07 and had no idea who John Cena was and his rep. But I saw him and knew this guy was.. garbage. I don't see what's so interesting about him. His attempts at humor are piss poor. Whether he's not trying or trying to be the next Rock -- he's not.

I actually think some of Cena's jokes are pretty good. He just needs new material. Now, Hacksaw, we all know Vince has some issues with Superstars who are not white, as well as good athletes, which is why Shelton is back on ECW and MVP and Morrison(athlete) can't break the main event. So, I'm pretty sure Vince probably gave the Rock a pay cut when he did come back for a hot minute. However, seeing that the Rock is now making Disney movies, his film career has to be half over, so he may actually return and do a mini retired storyline.

listen the rock can change his mind at any minute
never say never
hes a grown man and if he feels like he wants ro come back for a match i wouldnt say its impossible
i know hes said that he doesnt want to come back but things and people change thats life
who knows? we might just see cena vs rock at wm26 with all the shit cena have been talkin the rock might just get fed up and do the match
u never know!

As long as The Rock keeps staring in hollywood blockbusters, he's not coming back to wrestling. I would love to see this match but it will never happen because the Rock has moved on from pro wrestling.

I know this is probably more ridiculous than Cena vs Rock but what if the Rock came back in a non-wrestling role, such as taking over for the King if he becomes Mayor of Memphis? Then he is drawn back into the ring like JBL was.

You want a match within the ranges of possible, pretty much the same as rock vs cena and pretty much the same story?

Hulk hogan vs John cena

Yes, these 2 would put on one of the most boring matches in wrestling history on wrestling and atlheticism terms, yet the value of the match for a ppv would be HUGE. You have the biggest star of the 80's vs the biggest star right now, the battle of the old school vs the new school, what a better retirement match for hogan than to pass on the torch to john cena. And im pretty sure the PPV buys, if builded correctly, would be around the same as a rock vs cena match.

WOW!

FOr the love of all things good and holy, how can I make this clear: ROCK IS NEVER, EVER, AND ANY OTHER TERMS THAT MEAN NOT EVER COMING BACK TO WRESTLING! Why in the hell would he? He makes millions of dollars making big time movies that get him all kinds of fame and fortune without the stigma of being a wrestler. Cena is nothing compared to the Rock, no matter how many belts and titles he wins. Rock was part of the biggest period in the history of wrestling and he left at the perfect time. Cena and Rock will never happen and Rock is smart for not doing it. There's no point at all to it and it's never going to happen. Not at Summerslam, not at Mania, not in a parking garage in south Philly at 3am on a Tuesday. Let it go, please.

Cena does love the WWE. Who wouldn't love a company that pays you that much money. I hate Disney but if they paid me a couple million I'd back up dance for Miley whats her name I'd be the moderately overweight white guy doing a John Belushi homage in the background.

In wrestling the whole never say never is a fair line to go with. If Dwayne gets a bad reo in hollywood and fucks his life up and starts owing money he would very likely fall back on wrestling and no one in hollywood is beyond fucking up and going broke.

If he suddenly felt urged to give one more match to the fans, or perhaps bored and or displeased with the scripts thrown his way. They're 2 matches he threw out there as matches he'd at least like on paper Rock v.s. Austin 4 as that is his favorite guy to work with or Rock v.s. H.B.K a match that he regrets never got to happen. Rock even mentioned interest in doing a match with rey mysterio. Rock v.s. Cena is merely something the fans shout at him and Cena/wwe seem to be hoping for.
I was going to post a link to the you tube video that has him talking on the matter but they have since been taken down by the wwe so hopefully they'll be reposted or maybe I'm not the only one who remember this stuff.

Remeber Rock is in good shape when hes doing a action movie. He has spans of acouple months off. WWE could throw a few million a month his way to lure him in for a wrestlemania match and im sure he would accept. I could see him doing on final match given the right pay day.

Here me out on this and I am not saying this because I'm going to be at SS (actually I'll be at WM too).

Well. I'll listen. But don't expect me to like what I read.

If wrestlemania 25 was able to get over a million buys with a Orton HHH 14 main event why not put a HUGE match with Cena vs Rock at Summerslam instead.

Well. That would require the Rock to come back. Which he isn't doing. EVER. This isn't the Attitude Era anymore, stop wanting the Rock to come back.

I guarantee WM26 will get around a million buys regardless of matches so if WWE was smart they would put Cena vs Rock at SS.

Why? They charge MORE for Wrestlemania. They'd make more putting the Rock on Wrestlemania 26.

I guarantee with that match SS buys would be close to a million and they would still get all the buys for WM just because it's WM.

All the while losing millions for putting their biggest money match on a lower PPV.

Plus SS is in Hollywood and the reactions Cena and Rock would get would be priceless. I'd like to hear your opinions on this.

The reactions in Hollywood couldn't match the reactions at a Wrestlemania? I seriously, incredibly doubt it.

Your idea is flawed, because:
A) The Rock is not coming back,

and

B) They charge more for Wrestlemania. Buys for Summerslam don't matter when you're going to make another 10,000,000 for putting the match in March.

The Rock vs Cena would be a good match, but there is no way they would put it on Summerslam. A match like that would require alot of build up, which Vince no doubt want to do. Another reason why it wouldn't happen is im pretty sure Rock is filming a movie right now, so there is no way it could be last minuet with him. Not only that, but he would definitely want it for Wrestlemania to be able to promote it very heavily. Finally it wouldn't happen at summerslam just because The Rock dosn't want to come back hes even stated that he was happy to retire at madison square garden.

My question is this; After the way The Rock has treated the Wrestling Business and the fans since becoming a "Huge Movie Star", why in the Hell do we even want to see this match? No offense, we already have one egomaniac still active in the business thinking he is too big for it, do we really need another, even for just one more match? Hell, he wouldn't even take some of his precious time to come back and do a few hours worth of taping for a DVD that was about HIM! If Bret Hart can come back to WWE even for this kind of thing, why can't Dwayne Johnson? Shit, the way he acts these days, his wrestling carreer never happened and he could care less about it anymore. It was a footnote in his life and he has moved on to a new Prostitute to love for the moment. Thinki this is bad, just wait until he enters politics and tried to act like he never had an acting career. I say put Cena in the ring with someone who actually cares about the industry and just forget all of this nonsense about him Versus "The Rock" because it will never happen and Dwayne has said this time and time again. I guess the only way it would is if his movies just tanked so bad one after another to where nobody in Hollywood wanted to use him, which I really doubt will ever happen because people even shell out money for stuff like DOOM. I should know because I went to the theater to see that one even.

My question is this; After the way The Rock has treated the Wrestling Business and the fans since becoming a "Huge Movie Star", why in the Hell do we even want to see this match? No offense, we already have one egomaniac still active in the business thinking he is too big for it, do we really need another, even for just one more match? Hell, he wouldn't even take some of his precious time to come back and do a few hours worth of taping for a DVD that was about HIM! If Bret Hart can come back to WWE even for this kind of thing, why can't Dwayne Johnson? Shit, the way he acts these days, his wrestling carreer never happened and he could care less about it anymore. It was a footnote in his life and he has moved on to a new Prostitute to love for the moment. Thinki this is bad, just wait until he enters politics and tried to act like he never had an acting career. I say put Cena in the ring with someone who actually cares about the industry and just forget all of this nonsense about him Versus "The Rock" because it will never happen and Dwayne has said this time and time again. I guess the only way it would is if his movies just tanked so bad one after another to where nobody in Hollywood wanted to use him, which I really doubt will ever happen because people even shell out money for stuff like DOOM. I should know because I went to the theater to see that one even.

Amen man, people should really move on. Attitude era is gone and Rock or Austin will NEVER come back for a match again. The closest thing you got of a attitude era is Shawn michaels, Jericho and Triple H, or Randy orton punting vince mcmahon. Maybe start thinking more about matches like "John cena vs The undertaker" or "Chris jericho vs Undertaker" cause those actually can be done and won't be a "maybe if vince payz him like 200,000,000 dollars for one match it can be done menz?"

If this thread has been done before I apologize but I searched and couldn't find anything on it.

With all the hype and the fan interest in a match between The Rock & John Cena at a major PPV, do you really think it could ever really happen?

It would generate a lot of media interest and old fans who havent watched WWE since Rock, Austin etc. left would most likely order the PPV to see this match.

John Cena would like a match with The Rock but would The Rock come back for just the one match??

Thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back