The "Ric Flair Returns" thread

Yeah I'm in the majority here in saying that Ric Flair shouldn't have returned so soon after his "retirement". There was simply no need for it. I don't ever want to see Flair wrestle again, because it will make Wrestlemania 24 utterly useless and pointless. I don't even see why Flair should be involved in a match of some sort at this years Wrestlemania. If Mickey Rourke faces Chris Jericho at Wrestlemania 25, why does it need Ric Flair to become interesting? Plus, why did Flair punch a guy in his prime, and walk off which solved absolutely nothing.

Sure, Vince probably paid Flair a lot of cash to appear on Raw, but what more can Ric Flair himself possibly gain by appearing on the show every now and then? If Flair wrestles a match again, it will leave a sour taste in everyone's mouth who watched WM 24, considering that was the highlight of the night. Plus, with each appearance Flair makes on WWE television, the least importance and credibility he has. It's way too soon to bring Ric back on TV in my opinion.

Plus, am I meant to believe that Jericho was actually "hurt" after Flair's punch? Jericho is in his prime while Flair is over 60. It's pathetic. And Flair's arguments were weak, considering he danced around and played to the fans which was exactly the point of Jericho's promo. The WWE basically admitted that Flair still wants that spotlight that he craves so much. I have a lot of respect for Flair, but his time is over and he doesn't need to be on WWE television again.

First of all let me say this. Flair hasn't come back to the ring yet so technically he is till retired. Nor do I think he will be stupid enough to come back again and tarnish his sendoff(which was beautiful by the way). Now let me say this as a fan of Flair,Raw,the WWE and Pro Wrestling in general. Did you really wanna see Flair come out in a nice suit and shake Jericho's hand and say hello I'm Richard Fleihr or how ever you spell that. Hell No! You wanted him to run out work himself into a sweat stomp around screaming WOOOO take his jacket off stomp on it and give it a few elbow drops and then fall on his face. Why because thats who Flair is. It's not a gimmick thats him. He will always be that in our eyes. Thats why he comes out like that. Do you think when he was the ambassador for WWE. He ran up and went through his whole Flair routine to every suit and tie he saw. No he walked up shook their hand and said Hi Richard Fleihr.But we wanted Flair the entertainer, not Flair the Ambassador.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back