The real reason why Sandow doesn't get a push

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRMETFAN

Occasional Pre-Show
As most of us know "Politics" has a HUGE impact in whether or not you get a push or even just get used in Wwe. But even though we are taught that religion and politics are two separate entities and should always be kept seperate, many people know that those two subjects are very related. After a long time of wondering why Sandow is not used in the Wwe when his first gimmick as the "Intellectual savior of the masses" was soo over i finally discovered why he is not used by Wwe.

Damien Sandow despite his "demonic" first name is actually a "Practicing" Roman Catholic and a descendant of Maronite Lebanese Catholics. "Practicing" being the key word as he attends mass weekly. This means that he is a true believer and not a hypocritical "Cafeteria Catholic" like too many Catholic Americans. Without getting into a religious discussion my point is that according to their beliefs traditional Roman Catholicism does not accept the Homosexual lifestyle, even though the media is constantly telling us that we must, it is in direct conflict with our religious dogma.

Pat Patterson who for decades was in charge of Wwe talent is openly gay and was even accused in court along with his openly gay "friend" Terry Garvin of molesting and having inappropriate relationships with the talent under his supervision. This is not slander as these accusations have been documented. The accusations were varied such as informing talent that they would get a "push" after doing sexual favors and implying that they would not be used if they didn't and firing a ring boy who refused to perform a sexual act on Garvin. He was fired because of those accusations but re-hired some time later (settlements were made and people were paid off). Today Pat Patterson is a "Creative Consultant" but after being there for decades his position carries alot more power than that of a simple "consultant".

Do the math boys can a traditional Roman Catholic who goes to church regularly and has religious beliefs that are against homosexuality succeed in a job where his supervisor is gay? Obviously you can in some instances (when both you and your boss act professionally and keep those matters separate) but in others the supervisor might take a disliking to you,discriminate against you and literally screw you over if he believes that your own beliefs are against his lifestyle. My contention is that perhaps Sandow's religion and the sexual preference of his bosses might be the reason why he is not used more since there really is no other possible reason. In ring is work is good and on the mic he is GOLD and his gimmick was literally divine.

Is is also a coincidence that after being banished from TV for soo long Sandow finally appears in the Royal Rumble partnered with none other than Darren Young a openly gay wrestler? I think not. I would not be surprised if he is forced to tag with Darren Young and gets "turned" in a story line and joins Young in some sort of gay tag team gimmick. What a horror that would be for both him and the fans.

This is my own theory and i have no proof but knowing how underhanded and conniving people are in the work place in the "real world" (especially "Those people") i do not doubt that this is very possible. Of course Sandow who i am sure values his job would always say the "political correct" thing and deny that this is possible if ever asked.

That's one hell of a theory. I never thought about it that way, so interesting to note. I just assumed after the company dropped the comedy gimmick with Curtis Axel that creative just ran out of ideas for him. With newcomers on the roster and a host of injuries in the latter part of WWE. I assumed the focus was shifted to the new crop of talent patch working the road to Wrestlemania that Sandow got lost in the cracks.

You have just won the award for the single most ******ed post of the year. Congratulations on your stupidity for creating such a nonsense conspiracy thread.

I am pretty sure the reason Sandow has not been used much in a while has more to do with the stacked roster of talent & zero to do with your insane theory.

....when his first gimmick as the "Intellectual savior of the masses" was soo over i finally discovered why he is not used by Wwe.............In ring is work is good and on the mic he is GOLD and his gimmick was literally divine.

Remember, these words constitute your opinion , which is not necessarily shared by WWE management and fans. You found his gimmick to be 'soo' over; maybe they aren't as enamored of him as you are. As for his gimmick being 'literally' divine.....well, you're on your own with that remark.

My contention is that perhaps Sandow's religion and the sexual preference of his bosses might be the reason why he is not used more since there really is no other possible reason.

A court of law might say you're 'assuming facts not in evidence.' Perhaps you're right; it could be Sandow's problem is either that his immediate bosses are gay, his immediate bosses discriminate against him because he's a 'true believer'.....or Damien is gay himself and they don't want to advance him for that reason ......but you can't know any of it and I take issue with your assertion that "there really is no other possible reason."

Personally, I'd love to see more of Sandow; I find him talented and likable. Still, there are probably lots of reasons why an employer might not want to advance an employee. They may be good reasons or they may not.....but I'd hate to jump to homosexuality as the only possible reason.

This is my own theory

And what a theory it is. You're basically saying because you THINK Damien Sandow is against homosexuality, hes being held back. I mean, wow. Where do I begin?

1. Just because someone's religion believes one thing, does not mean the religions practitioners apply this belief to their life. For example, I know a Jehovahs Witness and he's constantly preaching to people. I usually just ignore him, but I've asked him what he believes about homosexuality, among other things. Keep in mind, Jehovahs Witnesses take the Bible as literal as you could possibly imagine. Although he admits he believes that homosexuality is wrong, he also admits it's not his place to admonish homosexuals. He leaves the judgement to God.

2. There is no 2. Fuck your theory

Remember, these words constitute your opinion , which is not necessarily shared by WWE management and fans. You found his gimmick to be 'soo' over; maybe they aren't as enamored of him as you are. As for his gimmick being 'literally' divine.....well, you're on your own with that remark.

A court of law might say you're 'assuming facts not in evidence.' Perhaps you're right; it could be Sandow's problem is either that his immediate bosses are gay, his immediate bosses discriminate against him because he's a 'true believer'.....or Damien is gay himself and they don't want to advance him for that reason ......but you can't know any of it and I take issue with your assertion that "there really is no other possible reason."

Personally, I'd love to see more of Sandow; I find him talented and likable. Still, there are probably lots of reasons why an employer might not want to advance an employee. They may be good reasons or they may not.....but I'd hate to jump to homosexuality as the only possible reason.

You have just won the award for the single most ******ed post of the year. Congratulations on your stupidity for creating such a nonsense conspiracy thread.

I am pretty sure the reason Sandow has not been used much in a while has more to do with the stacked roster of talent & zero to do with your insane theory.

:lmao: at the different ways people go about saying nearly the same thing. And just another example why Sally always gets the nicest poster award.

People who didn't see that his "Intellectual savior of the masses" gimmick was always going to end up as a comedy character are just naive. It's way too limited of a gimmick and has goofy written all over it.

That's a lot of conclusions to jump to.

Sandow was Mr. MITB, it was testing the waters to see how he handled himself going towards the main event, and he didn't do very well, and he even got dunked hard enough to not win the title with the MITB.

He was pushed, and didn't get the reactions that they wanted, this has nothing to do with the homosexual agenda, you're jumping from A to X To D to Q conclusions to try and rationalize something that is'nt there.

That being said, the New Billy and Chuck tag team will be great!, but I'm seriously confused on why they killed the PTP if they still want Darren Young being a random tag team partner.

Sandow just doesn't have the look or feel that Vince wants in a top guy, and that's ultimately what holds him back, beyond anything else. Sure Pat Patterson could have a big say on things, but a big hole in your theory, why is Darren Young in such a low position AS Sandow, when he's openly Gay? This double standard is fun to look at.

I'm no expert on the Catholic Church by any means, but didn't Pope Francis say "who am I to judge?" when asked his opinion regarding equal rights for homosexuals?

I don't think that Catholics are expected to condemn homosexuality, I see plenty of Catholics (my own Mother included) who associate with gay people with no problem.

You're theory falls apart the second you failed to realize Pat Patterson isn't even a producer for the company anymore, he retired from that position waaaaay back in 2004, & now only works in a limited capacity as a creative consultant. I hardly think he has enough pull anymore to hold back Sandow, for any reason at all.

So...the theory is that Sandow has a problem with gays and is being held back because of it? Yeah...I just don't really see it.

Let's just say for the sake of argument that Sandow does have a prejudice towards homosexuality; he'd have to be extraordinarily skilled at hiding his personal disdain and keeping it to himself as he's been in WWE for years. Out of all the time that's passed, you'd think that someone, somewhere at some point would've heard at least some sort of rumor about Sandow being prejudiced against gays; surely there'd be rumors of Sandow allegedly telling this to someone who told someone else who posted it on social media where WWE officials, wrestling journalists and other wrestlers would've heard about it.

Also, just because Sandow is Catholic doesn't somehow automatically mean he's anti-gay. Contrary to what some would have you believe, being Christian and prejudice don't automatically go hand in hand. I'm Christian, yet I harbor no animosity towards African Americans, Asians, Latinos, Muslims, Jews, Hindu, homosexuals or even atheists. Maybe Sandow actually follows certain Christian doctrines, some of which often get conveniently overlooked by those who have an agenda, such as not judging other people on who they are, what they believe or in how they live their lives. Hell, even if Sandow doesn't agree with homosexuality, maybe he believes in simply minding his own business and, again, letting people make their own decisions about life just as he's made his.

Sandow is someone that has a lot of talent and I think could be a genuinely strong mid-card mainstay. To be perfectly honest though, I honestly think that one reason why Sandow gets so many cheers MIGHT be because many fans have a good idea that he's not going to be pushed and they do it as a means of getting back at the WWE Machine. For instance, loads of fans claim to have wanted to see Zack Ryder get pushed and look what happened when he finally did get pushed: they quickly lost interest and no longer saw Ryder as this ironic sort of favorite.

So Sandow isn't getting pushed because he's against homosexuality?

Da fuq?

It has nothing to do with the fact there are countless people on the roster better than him? It has nothing to do with the fact everything he's done has flopped like a dead fish?

No, it's because he's a practicing Catholic and his against homosexuality.

Do you have any idea how asinine and ******ed that sounds? I don't even know where to begin other than to say that you are 100% wrong.

There is no way this is true. Just think of the lawsuit for religious discrimination WWE would have on their hands. Vince if nothing else loves his money and wouldn't risk it like this. Even if he would Stephanie, Triple H and the entire board of directors wouldn't. WWE is a publicly traded company after all which brings a whole other boat load of reasons this is horse shit.

Thank you for a chuckle, I needed one today.

let me first say this...i dont know why Sandow isn't getting a push. i personally like him and want to see him in feuds. i was a total fan of his intellectual savior of the unwashed masses and felt that with great mic work that it could work and his mic work was fine. my guess is that he just didnt get the boos that WWE looked for.

as for your theory, i disagree with it (of course). WWE wouldnt halt a guys push because of something he believes in. now if that guy went on Twitter and made his views known to the world, then your theory could have merit, but your theory makes little sense if Sandow just believes in it, but hasn't acted on it.

if i had to guess, WWE just didnt have much for him or they feel that he won't be cheered or booed and that's why he isn't pushed

By that logic surely the openly gay person on the roster would have a massive push.

That's Darren Young who is now the tag team partner of...Damien Sandow.

Your theory is bollocks simple as.

Sometimes threads are too stupid to leave open even to just insult the thread starter. This is obviously one of those threads.

Trashed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back