The Power of the Mask

Odisho

PISTOL PETE
if you thought i was talking about all masks, well you were wrong, im talking about one mask, and is the most POWERFUL mask of all time, worn by a very POWERFUL man, or freak should i say.....
wwe20a11.jpg
this mask came straight from hell, and was placed on the devil's favorite demons face,KANE

ok let me get to the point,

do you miss this mask?
would you return the mask to scary face of kane?
if you would return the mask how would you return the mask?

the reason why i made this thread is because i was watching kane dominating royal rumble, and body slam'd big show over the top rope. it reminded me when i was 4 years old how much i used to like kane, he was my favorite, he was a monster playing a hero and it worked super well, and he was super over. I remember the first time i saw kane i had to watch from the kitchen because i was so scared.(my brothers would laugh at me...)

and i think kane should return the mask before he retires, the mask is what made him who he is, and he needs to end his career with one of the most over mask in wrestling history.

how i would book the return of the mask
first of all i wanna point out that he is on the front of this years hell in a cell or vengance poster so something must be happening.

after his feud with henry is over, the undertaker comes and attacks kane for burying him. and the two face each other in a hell in a cell match. and undertaker wins. the following raw the announce team say that kane has had his face disfigured because of the hell in a cell match that him and taker had. so kane disapears for months and during an elemination chamber match with undertaker in it, so its undertaker and X wrestler are left. kanes old music hits and here he comes with his mask attire, you can add paul bearer with him, and he rips the elemination chamber door off(just like his debut). and he starts attacking taker and X wrestler, and tombestone's taker, then both taker and X wrestler are down, X wrestler rolls over and pins taker. and this sets up a match between taker and masked Kane. i personally think if the streak has to end, its kanes job.

so thats my bookin g of kanes mask returning, now its ur turn:)

To be honest i was thinking the same thing you just wrote,the mask is what made kane so big.When he lost it you just knew he wasn't going to be as big as he once was.Kane is the man to end the streak and I think this year is the year.

Im going to tweak your idea a bit.

At HITC have Kane return and beat the shit out Henry&show.Then at vengence Kane is going one on one with Big show.Undertaker then comes out of nowhere and tombstones kane,he starts to bleed all over his face and we dont see him until the Royal Rumble.Undertaker is one of the last men in the RR when Kane comes down the ramp (not as a competiter in the match) with his mask to destory Undertaker!!! kane has his old Attire and everything.At WM its Undertaker Vs Kane W/Paul Bearer.Kane wins the match to end the streak and the undertakers come down with a coffin and place undertaker in it and Kane leaves with the Ring On Fire.End of Undertakers carear and Kane is the only man who is or can end the streak of Undertaker.

To be honest i was thinking the same thing you just wrote,the mask is what made kane so big.When he lost it you just knew he wasn't going to be as big as he once was.Kane is the man to end the streak and I think this year is the year.

Im going to tweak your idea a bit.

At HITC have Kane return and beat the shit out Henry&show.Then at vengence Kane is going one on one with Big show.Undertaker then comes out of nowhere and tombstones kane,he starts to bleed all over his face and we dont see him until the Royal Rumble.Undertaker is one of the last men in the RR when Kane comes down the ramp (not as a competiter in the match) with his mask to destory Undertaker!!! kane has his old Attire and everything.At WM its Undertaker Vs Kane W/Paul Bearer.Kane wins the match to end the streak and the undertakers come down with a coffin and place undertaker in it and Kane leaves with the Ring On Fire.End of Undertakers carear and Kane is the only man who is or can end the streak of Undertaker.

Let me say, I love the idea of Kane having his mask back, but what purpose would it serve for him to end the Undertaker's streak? Why in the world do we need to see Undertaker/Kane 3 at Wrestlemania? Hasn't this matchup been done to death? It's not like their previous matches were 5 stars and to be honest, they mostly sucked. I think this is a terrible idea. Just let Kane have his mask back and attack everyone being a monster, but please...no more matches with the Undertaker. We've had enough.

I can't believe this is still being discussed. Masked Kane is one of the greatest monster gimmicks in the history of wrestling. We all know what Kane looks like now. A mask would be nothing more than symbolic at this point, and essentially pointless. It would be like when the WWE tried to re-do the DX thing with just Michaels and HHH. Sure, it was cute while it lasted, but it didn't come anywhere close to the original, and it more than overstayed its welcome. That's exactly what would likely happen if they would even attempt to write Kane's mask back into the equation. Stuff like that just simply doesn't work. The only guy I know of who ever lost his match and put it back on at any point in his career is Mysterio, and he probably didn't want to lose the mask in the first place. That, and the fact that his main target audience is a bunch of kids who never saw him lose his mask in WCW to begin with.

I don't think Kane losing the mask would have been so bad if they didn't make him shave all his hair off in that stupid way. They should have left him with long hair and a goatee, so he at least vaguely resembled his brother. I think it would help make him seem darker and psychotic.
They could even do this as part of mind games after Taker is gone, just having Kane appear imitating his brother against an opponent until being revealed as just Kane with long hair now.

1) I totally miss the mask! It was terryfying to watch.. I mean just imagine a monster whose face sees like it came straight from hell (Not that Kane's face is not terryfying, but the way Kane had been booked since he lost the mask is ridiculous, I mean form a monster he went to a joobber, then back to monster, then funny guy, then monster, then again jobber)

2) I want the mask back to Kane. Just like The Undertaker went from The Big Evil back to The Deadman, Kane can go back to his psycho persona.

3) Have him come back at Vengeance or Hell In A Cell and destroy Mark Henry. Don't let the crowd unterstand that he is Kane. Change his entrace, his theme, give him a new finisher and change his character. Instead of being a dominant monster have him be a psycho, who plays with his victims' minds and destroy them through a psychological war. Make him bring out their worst nightmares. Make them fear everytime they see him.

That would be awsome!!!

I still think one of the best things Kane ever did was unmask. Masked Kane bored me for the most part, but unmasked Kane looked like a fucking mental institution breakout ready to destroy the world. When he was first being booked properly after the mask, he was the most interesting thing happening in wrestling. I also loved his feud with Shane (which he should have dominated more thoroughly). Had he always been booked strong, I don't believe we would be having this conversation as often. I know I am in the minority, but I would hate for Kane to re-mask.

I still think one of the best things Kane ever did was unmask.
When he was first being booked properly after the mask, he was the most interesting thing happening in wrestling. I also loved his feud with Shane (which he should have dominated more thoroughly). Had he always been booked strong, I don't believe we would be having this conversation as often. I know I am in the minority, but I would hate for Kane to re-mask.

THIS!!!

I really liked masked Kane, but my favorite time in the character's existence was the period right AFTER he lost the mask. His feud with Shane, him nearly lighting RVD on fire, him basically being a complete psychopath because he lost that one last comfort. He was a BEAST!

When he wore the mask, it wasn't the mask that was making Kane cool; it was the booking. He was booked and written as a complete destructive badass monster, and even when he had some not-so-monstrous periods (like when he was buds with X-Pac, or goofing around backstage), he was still booked as extremely dangerous in the ring.

When he first lost the mask, he was still the same character, but even more destructive.

Then we got a new team backstage, and things got sloppy with his booking and writing. He lost that mystique about him after numerous lackluster feuds began making him look bad.

Putting the mask back on won't change the team backstage. It won't make them book him better. It won't bring back the monstrous aura. All it would do is satisfy our nostalgia for a short time.

and i think kane should return the mask before he retires, the mask is what made him who he is, and he needs to end his career with one of the most over mask in wrestling history.

I loved masked Kane. However, to go back to it now would make little sense as he has now wrestled without it (2003 - present) more than he wrestled with it (1997 - 2003)

As for most over mask? Debatable. Rey Mysterios mask sells a lot in many international markets and has more meaning behind it. Kane's mask is iconic without question, but it is now relegated to the past where it should remain.

I personally think Kane is a way better without the mask, it was old an boring and had run it's course, Kane himself said he hated wearing it. Without the mask you can see the twisted expressions and the menacing laugh he does goes awesome with his promos. And people always say "well he was more of a monster when he had the mask" WRONG. Kane was always booked pretty much the same as he is now. You know he's capable of destroying people, but he's always been used to put people over at times, in fact, I'll guess that Kane over his career has lost more matches than he's won.

It wouldn't make a difference whatsoever. Aside from it making absolutely no sense to bring back in the first place, the only sense of fondness I get from the mask is nostalgia. Back when I was younger, everything was awesome. Everything.

They experimented with bringing back the mask. It was horribly executed, and horribly received.

Now, if I were the guy booking the show, and I was told that I had absolutely no choice but to bring back the mask, and I had to think of a way, I'd probably have some burn his face some how, to the point of permanent scarring. It's simple, realistic, and could begin a major feud with the guy who did it.

It'd still be stupid, though.

Kane is my fav. wrestler, and has been since i saw my first wrestling match which was stone cold vs. Kane in a first blood match...got me hooked instantly...when i played the wwe games i always had a mask becuse i love the "fear and monster" its brought.

but to bring it back now would make no sense even though i love it, and feel kane lost the edge losing the match...but to bring it back wouldnt be a smart move, thats more of a desperate move the way i see it......but i agree with other posts...Kane should be the one to end takers wm streak.

kane should talk to the mask. before kane left he seemed to be going crazy. i think when he returns he will turn heel (probably beating big show then henry). he can be shown back stage arguing with the mask and then wrecking people. kane can leave the mask as a warning to show who he is going to get next.

the mask is legendary and make any superstar afraid and paranoid. an insane monster making the whole locker room afraid and acting crazy. i image santino running around and hiding just to find kane waiting for him.

Oh. ANOTHER "Kane should put the mask back on" thread. What's it been? Like 11 years with this shit? If 11 years and a World title reign have passed with WWE should no interest in it and Kane getting older and older as logic would dictate, one has to wonder "What the hell is the point"? Sales? He doesn't need to wear it. And that shit scares kids. Main event push? Another one? Revive has career? Why? It hasn't been successful enough? The mask is pointless. On, off, it does not matter. And good Lord, I did not realize proper grammar was as much a talent as I thought it was.

Here is what I would do. Have Kane return in HITC and have a good comeback for a month and then just get boring again. Then at random times have weird things happen to him backstage and during matches. Everyone will think it's the undertaker doing all the supernatural thing but when the undertaker returns, have him say that he honestly has had no part in it. Then during a match have kane lose and get really mad and starts to leave when the lights go out. When they come back on, there will be an urn in the middle of the ring. Have kane slowly walk over to the urn, study it for a while, open it and pull out his mask! He puts it on and just goes crazy and attacks the ref and the announcers and maybe someone comes to help and get chokeslamed through the announce table. The next week, have Taker call out Kane to talk to him because he is concerned. Have kane come down, just look at Taker while he talks real creepy like. Like tilting his head back and forth or something. Kane never says anything and then just completely destroy Taker setting up a match between the two at WM 28. It wouldn't be very interesting if he somehow got "disfigured" again. I mean, how much could that happen to one guy lol

Kane with a mask was awesome. It was an attitude era look though. Remember, when Kane had a mask, Mankind also had a mask, Undertaker was hanging people on crosses, and Owen Hrt was the Blue Blazer, and JR's mom was still alive. Times have changed, brother!

Me and a few friends were watching old WWF DVD’s the other day and one of my friends even said that he also used to hide when Masked Kane came to the ring, he even turned down the opportunity to watch WWF live because he was so scared as a kid of seeing Kane.

I would like to see the mask with the mouth covered though… strong silent emotionless MACHINE is the Kane we want! Kane screaming like a female when Big Show was run over by Del Rio’s car was a dark moment in Kane’s career….Kane doesn’t do that!
Problem is it’s all just nostalgia factors for us old boys and I would only have Masked Kane come back in order to give Taker a worthy farewell and have a short run before Kane himself retires or until his “Facial wounds” heal or whatever his reason for a Mask return could be.

How would I book it?
Kane starts a thoroughly entertaining Feud with…. Wade Barrett, Barrett however will be HEEL and Kane FACE.
Barrett and Kane have a regular booked match, Kane wins cleanly in almost as much dominance as Cena did at super Smackdown.
Now Barrett keeps interrupting Kanes’ matches and attacking him from behind.
Several Feud like matches and promo’s happen and somewhere along the line Barrett and Kane have a match. This match ultimately ends with Kane dominating the match but being inadvertently thrown into a pit of fire or something else that could cause pain and mental scarring.
Kane then has quite a substantial amount of time off, almost to the point people seem to forgotten about him, even Barrett has stopped boasting about how he destroyed Kane.
Kane returns a few months before mania and very much like HHH v Sheamus, annihilates Barrett and the feud is closed.
Now Kane goes through RAW and Smackdown in an epic winning streak and being very dominant, even more so than Mark Henry’s current run of dominance. Announcers are constantly exclaiming that nobody can beat Kane although Kane has no interest in the WWE titles just in hurting people. Queue Undertakers DRAMATIC return! They both go toe to toe, with nither athlete gaining any ground over the other, a team of referee’s cant take them apart, the Security team cant take them apart. The show ends!
WrestleMania comes along. The match is amazing almost a rivalry to HBK v Taker (but that’s wishful thinking). Kane beats taker, or Taker beats Kane for the magic number 20!
Ether way, undertakers first loss… or the Number 20 have a magical significance with Takers character.
The theme music of the winner continues to play with the dimmed lights whilst the winner celebrates, the two kneel semetrical in the center of the ring facing the camera doing Takers classic tongue out eyes rolling. Thunder hits the ring, the lights go out. The lights come back on and the ring is empty with nothing more than a mask on the floor and the Undertakers insignia etched on the matt in ash. The brothers of destruction are no more.

I know it's probably not relevant to today's WWE scene but I think the Kane that set JR on fire, electrocuted Shane McMahon and tombstoned Linda McMahon was way scarier than the masked Kane. I properly felt sick to my stomach when the Shane incident happened and I still do when I look back at the clips. It's not because I ever thought it was "real" it's just that it was incredibly sadistic and the mere thought was almost offensive. For this shock factor, I don't know if reversing back to the old Kane is a good idea. Besides - the reason the unmasking was so terrifying was that Kane could now express himself properly in speech. The original Kane just said things really slowly so it wasn't particularly impressive or terrifying. On that note, Kane's monster push when he was unmasked make Mark Henry's recent antics look like a walk in the park.

Basically my answer to "How would you book Kane's masked return?" is that I wouldn't.

Mask or mask-less.. Kane needs to ditch the fester look. Why not wear face paint?

Very true I think they should perhaps add something to his attire, or maybe attribute some sort of weapon to him. Kind of like Triple H's sledgehammer, Kane should have something that truly sets him apart as a gimmick from all the other heels that are just tall muscular and angry.

Very true I think they should perhaps add something to his attire, or maybe attribute some sort of weapon to him. Kind of like Triple H's sledgehammer, Kane should have something that truly sets him apart as a gimmick from all the other heels that are just tall muscular and angry.

Like, say, pyro?

He's in the twilight of his career and now comes with the luxury of a past that everyone knows about, be it setting fire to JR, most eliminations in RR, burying Taker etc. No need to add anything to him at this stage in the game.

kane might come with the mask soon because he got injured and raw showed his promo he is returning and if he wheres the mask he'll be really big(once again) and he could have his final match with undertaker at wrestlemaina and make it kane win or a draw

Normally I would be skipping this thread topic but since we are actually booking the mask's return rather than having the same old typical "I miss Kane's mask he should put his mask back on" discussion, I'll give my two cents.

I don't miss masked Kane that much anymore and it would not be as successful if he returned as some of the fanboys might think. They teased a return in 2008 before it turned into that horrible Rey VS Kane feud. The way that started is how I would have brought the mask back. Kane has the mask in a bag and keeps thinking about whether he will put it back on or not. He mentions it in promos then finly pulls it out and puts it on. Masked Kane is back! A few high profile wins in feuds for newly remasked Kane and then I would have pushed him into a title match with the current champion. Fan reaction up to that point would determine if he wins the WWE Championship or not and he probably wouldn't.

The fanboys would never admit it but Kane has been more successful without the mask and bringing it back would not make him as scary as he once was. One thing is for sure though.... His old entrance theme from his masked days needs to come back far more than the mask itself does. I would bring that song back immediately for Kane whether his masked self were to return or not. It was perfect.

It would pretty much be the first time I remember a character going back fully to a gimmick if so.

Having Kane get his mask back, WITH the music AND pyro, would be very interesting in the short term.

But what he aren't mentioning, is that Kane's biggest attribute that made him so creepy at that point, was the long hair, Which he doesn't have anymore. The one way they could tweak this, is making him look as scary as Bane does in Dark Knght Rises.

I would like to see this because having a gimmicky character back, would be fun again, since everyone now doesn't really have gimmicks, its just personality enhancements.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back