• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

The Possibility Of CM Punk VS Kane At Elimination Chamber

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
So Punk made the decision to attack Kane after his half-assed and forced apology last night. There's been a lot of tension between Kane and CM Punk over the past couple of months, with Punk constantly taunting Kane for being a corporate sell out. Kane finally had enough, and he fired a shot of his own with a chokeslam on Smackdown. Last night on Raw, Kane had a smile on his face, when he announced Punk would kick off the Rumble as the #1 entrant.

The tension between Kane and Punk is reaching a boiling point, and Kane would be a good opponent for Punk before he steps in the ring with Triple H at Wrestlemania. Punk defeated The Shield at TLC in the handicap match, and Kane could be the last blockade Punk has to tear through to get his hands on Triple H, because we all know Punk is waiting for a chance to get in the ring him.

Plus, Kane's character could use the spark. Corporate Kane is pretty dull, boring, and useless most of the time as Director Of Operations. You can blame a lot of that on too may authority figures in WWE, and the shock factor for seeing Kane in a suit wore off months ago.

If you pay close attention to the backstage set up during Kane's segments, you can see his mask in a glass case. I have no doubts Punk will do or say something to finally push Kane over the edge to the point where he snaps. And I can picture Kane smashing that case to remove his mask to become "The Monster" again, so he can face Punk at Elimination Chamber.

As far as the Chamber matches go, if the plan is to have Punk face Triple at Wrestlemania, I don't see a need to put Punk in the Chamber for a WWE WHC match, or a #1 contender's match for the WWE WHC. With Punk VS Kane, Punk stays on the path to Triple H with another match against someone connected to The Authority, and after Punk beats Kane, Triple H will have no more excuses and no one to hide behind, so he'll have to face Punk one on one.

Any thoughts on CM Punk VS kane at Elimination Chamber? Good idea? Bad idea?

it is clearly obvious that Punk will have some form of match with Kane before HHH being the only guy left for CM Punk to go through. X-Pac I also am banking on making some form of appearance, he can still go in the ring, has great history with Kane as two time tag champs and also part of HHH's clique and DX comrade whilst the New Age Outlaws were around also. CM Punk will face Helmsley at Wrestlemania, so giving him a storyline with Kane for the next 4 weeks leading to Elimination Chamber gives him something to do which is relevant to his feud with HHH.

I think it is inevitable this match happens. Whether or not at Elimination Chamber is hard to predict. I'd presume that there will be an Elimination Chamber match for the WWE Heavyweight Championship and that Punk would be involved. I think we could see Punk vs Kane just on Raw rather than on PPV.

I'd love for Punk to win the Rumble and face Kane at the Elimination Chamber. It would be a good feud for him while the situation with the champ is sorted out. Punk vs Kane would be a good match for Elimination Chamber. I think it keeps Punk relevant heading into his feud match with Triple H and it allows Kane to get back to wrestling.

I am not particularly invested in this feud but I can see it concluding with a match at Elimination Chamber. I don't really see the point in CM Punk being in the EC match if he does not win, which he won't assuming the HHH match for WrestleMania. Obviously, CM Punk wins, move on....

This would be really refreshing! Wow, I don't think I've seen Kane against Punk a lot. Assuming Punk goes over, it would be a good way to set him up for Trips.

Plus, from a kayfabe perspective, Punk seriously disrespected Kane's dad with the urn and all that jazz last year, so they have that beef. It would probably be Punk with that smug smile of his (as a face, go figure), droning to Kane that he sold out and Kane goes nuts, "answers to no mortal", etc.

it is clearly obvious that Punk will have some form of match with Kane before HHH being the only guy left for CM Punk to go through. X-Pac I also am banking on making some form of appearance, he can still go in the ring, has great history with Kane as two time tag champs and also part of HHH's clique and DX comrade whilst the New Age Outlaws were around also. CM Punk will face Helmsley at Wrestlemania, so giving him a storyline with Kane for the next 4 weeks leading to Elimination Chamber gives him something to do which is relevant to his feud with HHH.

I completely forgot about ol' 1-2-3! Wasn't he injured just the other day with a bronco buster gone wrong with the turnbuckle invading his rear end? That means he can DEFINITELY still go.

Kane and X-Pac were in a tag team, so there's also that little bit of history. Syxx could even be the link between Kane and HHH.

I can see it going like this at some point during the rumble we hear Kane's music go off and Punk is distracted by it waiting for Kane and then someone else comes out (say Damian or Ambrose and eliminates Punk) Kane apologizes that the wrong music was played but to make it up he gives him a chance to qualify for the EC. During the match Kane comes out and starts to lecture the ref about counting Punk gets pissed and bam fight....

Then Brad Maddox comes out and makes it a Lita on a pole match...

If CM Punk is not in the Chamber match then I could see him facing Kane. The Authority could give Kane a pass for one match to get physical and take out his frustrations on Punk and maybe make it a No Holds Barred match. They are going to need a couple high matches besides the chamber match to help fill up the card. Like others have said it would help lead into CM Punk vs Triple H at Mania.

If CM Punk is not in the Chamber match then I could see him facing Kane. The Authority could give Kane a pass for one match to get physical and take out his frustrations on Punk and maybe make it a No Holds Barred match.

Love the idea of a no holds barred match. It gives Punk and Kane the chance to tear each other apart without any restrictions. We're still at the simmering point now, but when the EC pay per view rolls around, I'm sure Punk and Kane will have more than reasons to justify a vicious brawl.

Well Kane did apologize and Punk of course accepted it!! Then he just beat the holy hell out of him.. I fully expect Kane Vs Punk at the EC PPV,just a day short of the launch of WWE Network.. There is no need to drag this feud out further than the EC PPV,as its a lock between Punk and trips at WM!! As to what kind of match,Im fine with a no-holds barred match.. Punk could repay Kane for making him the No1 entry into the RR.. Be a nice match,to set up the match we all want to see! Punk Vs HHH WM

I could see Kane entering the rumble, probably somewhere in the 20's, solely to knock CM Punk out. And then obviously Corporate Kane couldn't go after the title so he just eliminates himself and goes right after Punk. This would set up the feud nicely.

Don't trash me first time poster;)

In my opinion the EC is the perfect place for Kane to vs Punk with Kane looking like a legitimate threat to punk, especially if Punk is going to vs HHH at WM. This is what I think should happen from the Royal Rumble onwards

RR-
Bryan, Reigns Bray and Batista in final four when lesnar comes from the back and eliminates Batista.
Bryan eliminates bray and reigns to win.
Sheamus, Jericho and RVD return
Randy beats john clean
Kane eliminates Punk in Rumble close to the end after punk eliminates the NAO
Brock Demolishes Big Show

Raw- punk demands a match w Kane via brad Maddox, Punk vs NAO and looses due to Kane's pyro.
Batista beats ADR in EC WHC qualify match. Then cuts a promo about how he will get revenge on Brock and that he will meet him in the ring next week
Cena beats Ambrose in EC WHC qualify match.
Randy takes night off
Sheamus beats Kofi, sheamus heel turns
RVD,BigE,Jericho beat the Wyatt's
Bryan has a celebration and tells the World Champ to watch out because the yes army is coming

Raw- Punk attacks Kane backstage
Punk looses to Roman Reigns in WHC EC match due to Kane's interference shield triple power bombs punk after the match.
Bryan beats the Real Americans in a Gauntlet match
Cena defeats Sheamus
Batista comes out to challenge Brock to a fight, but only heyman comes out and declares Brock in the Chamber match As he is the #1 contender. And that he can't wait for Dave to meet the beast inside the EC
Bray beats Rollins in a long match to qualify for the Chamber match.
Orton and ADR beat Cody and Goldust after Goldust barely helped Cody then abandoned him after the match

Raw- Punk vs Kane is made for the EC after punk tortures Maddox with a belt to get the match.
Goldust apologises to Cody and they beat the PTP after the match the Real Americans attack them and a tag team title match Is made for the chamber.
Orton beats the Miz and RKO's him after the match to send a message.
Batista hugs Rey before his match
Lesnar then attacks Rey mysterio while making his way to the ring Brock retreats through the crowd when Batista comes out for the save.
The shield take on Kofi, Langston and Bryan which leads to the faces getting the win after Rollins gets pinned. Ambrose nails him with the US Title after the match out of anger, and retreats to the back when Langston Challenges him to a unification match at the Chamber which he accepts
The Wyatt family attack john Cena while he is making a promo which leads the the Usos making the save which has the Wyatt's beat the face in a 6 man tag match

EC-
-Aj vs Naomi Divas Title AJ wins
-The Brotherhood loose the championships to the Real Americans which causes even more tension
- Damien Sandow comes out and holds an open challenge to all of the superstars, the returning Christian comes out and beats Sandow
- Rey Mysterio beats ADR, sin cara makes the save when ADR puts Rey in the cross arm breaker after the match.
- Langston beats Ambrose to Unify the gold after Rollins and Reigns leave Ringside which distracts Ambrose enough for Langston to hot the Big Ending for the win
- CM Punk beats Kane
- EC match
Batista vs Brock vs Orton vs Cena vs Bray vs Reigns
; Cena and Bray are the first to start but before the ref can lock the chamber the lights go out and Rowan and Harper are in the ring and then all the Wyatt's attack Cena then they all take him backstage. With everyone confused they decide to start the match with two new people in Reigns and Batista, Dave dominates but Reigns makes a semi comeback in time for Orton to enter the match, the heels then gang up but then Reigns spears orton out of no where then only gets a two-count on the pin. Reigns looks distraught when Rollins runs in through the back and slides a chain through the chamber, when Reigns try's to pick It up Rollins pulls on the chain and Reigns' head slams into the chamber which leaves him vulnerable to a Batista bomb which gets Reigns eliminated and Rollins is laughing his way to the back.
Batista is waiting for Brock as the countdown has already begun the door then opens when Randy come from behind and try's to RKO Batista but gets thrown into an F5 that eliminates the the Undisputed Champ. Brock and Dave have a great back and forth match for the next 10-15 minutes or so when Heyman distracts Dave, he turns around he walks into an F5 which looks guaranteed to keep the animal down but a kickout at 2 shocks the arena Heyman then picks up the Bolt Cutters and enters the ring with a table Brock sets it up and gets ready for another F5 when Dave spears Heyman and then Batista bombs lesnar through the table for the win.

This event and the following raws will create more matches for WM, and this would be my card

Wrestlemania
- big e vs RVD IT Title match
- Jericho vs Orton LMS Match
- Sheamus vs Kofi
- cm punk vs HHH No DQ Match
- Undertaker vs Lesnar
- Cena vs Bray Wyatt I quit match
- Batista vs Daniel Bryan WHC
- Kane vs Christian
- Real Americans vs Usos TT title
- AJ vs Tamina Divas title
- Roman Reigns vs Rollins vs Ambrose
- 30 years of WM battle Royal
- Cody Rhodes vs Goldust
- Mark Henry vs Alberto Del Rio
Hogan hosts the night

I think this would be a great idea to further build the seemingly impending Punk-Triple H match at WrestleMania. Maybe have some sort of stipulation like No DQ or Falls Count Anywhere to spice it up. Punk could go over despite outside interference from the Authority.

So Punk made the decision to attack Kane after his half-assed and forced apology last night. There's been a lot of tension between Kane and CM Punk over the past couple of months, with Punk constantly taunting Kane for being a corporate sell out. Kane finally had enough, and he fired a shot of his own with a chokeslam on Smackdown. Last night on Raw, Kane had a smile on his face, when he announced Punk would kick off the Rumble as the #1 entrant.

The tension between Kane and Punk is reaching a boiling point, and Kane would be a good opponent for Punk before he steps in the ring with Triple H at Wrestlemania. Punk defeated The Shield at TLC in the handicap match, and Kane could be the last blockade Punk has to tear through to get his hands on Triple H, because we all know Punk is waiting for a chance to get in the ring him.

Plus, Kane's character could use the spark. Corporate Kane is pretty dull, boring, and useless most of the time as Director Of Operations. You can blame a lot of that on too may authority figures in WWE, and the shock factor for seeing Kane in a suit wore off months ago.

If you pay close attention to the backstage set up during Kane's segments, you can see his mask in a glass case. I have no doubts Punk will do or say something to finally push Kane over the edge to the point where he snaps. And I can picture Kane smashing that case to remove his mask to become "The Monster" again, so he can face Punk at Elimination Chamber.

As far as the Chamber matches go, if the plan is to have Punk face Triple at Wrestlemania, I don't see a need to put Punk in the Chamber for a WWE WHC match, or a #1 contender's match for the WWE WHC. With Punk VS Kane, Punk stays on the path to Triple H with another match against someone connected to The Authority, and after Punk beats Kane, Triple H will have no more excuses and no one to hide behind, so he'll have to face Punk one on one.

Storyline wise, the match makes sense but honestly, I don't think they could put on a good match. Kane looked horrible last year against Ambrose and Bray.

I'd much rather see him book Punk vs. Orton/Cena for RAW after RR and Kane just cost him the title and HHH steps in the storyline when Punk tries to put his hands on Kane.

What I'd love to see happening is have Punk call out Triple H, demand that match, straight off the bat.
Triple H's response? Yes, but….
But first you get the second Elimination Chamber match. CM Punk vs the Authority. Essentially five on one, maybe the Shield and the Outlaws, maybe Kane, perhaps introduce Rusev to the main roster proper as a monster enforcer. Have Punk start and, if he can win, he gets H at Mania.
You could even use it to end the Shield, with their implosion aiding Punk and leading straight into Reigns v Rollins v Ambrose.

It was weird that there was zero follow up on this angle on Raw, I don't think it was even mentioned. I think this match is likely at EC but definitely needs a stip as I just can't see it being very good without one.

with Punk not in the Chamber match, CLEARLY Punk vs Kane is happening at EC, leading to Punk vs HHH at Mania 30

It was weird that there was zero follow up on this angle on Raw, I don't think it was even mentioned. I think this match is likely at EC but definitely needs a stip as I just can't see it being very good without one.

It looked like Punk was legit hurt during the Rumble, which might explain why he didn't show up on Raw. In addition, Punk works best as the instigator unless someone equally talented on the mic works with him (Chris Jericho), which is probably why they don't have Kane firing the first shot of this post-Rumble part of the feud.

It looked like Punk was legit hurt during the Rumble, which might explain why he didn't show up on Raw. In addition, Punk works best as the instigator unless someone equally talented on the mic works with him (Chris Jericho), which is probably why they don't have Kane firing the first shot of this post-Rumble part of the feud.

Not sure if this is the case, but we might not hear anything from CM Punk until probably Smackdown, was kind of the case before the Royal Rumble and he's been spending quite a lot of time their from what I've noted. Probably WWE trying to drive up interest in Smackdown, but then again CM Punk seems to bounce back and forth from show-to-show, a lot of times pulling double-duty.

Either way, a day off is definitely something good for Punk, he's really been needing one anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back