the other kliq of the wwf

HitmanFan4ever

Dark Match Winner
why is it that no one ever talks about the other kliq of the 90's and thats bret hart, british bulldog and owen hart. the past two days ive been watching wwf classics and ive noticed a couple things, 1. with the exception of with shawn michaels owen and the bulldog rarely had anything close to a 5 star match and 2. the only time they did have a 5 star match was with a combination of the three. please discuss.

Largely because of the personalities, and during that time, egos in involved with 'The Kliq'. HBK, Hall/Nash, Triple H, they were not only seen as a unit by smart fans, but they were guys that were legitimately pulling strings behind the scenes.

Bret, Own, and Bulldog were of course seen as a collective in a lot of ways, but that was based largely off the fact that they were family. It wasn't until Bret formed the his heel stable Hart Foundation with Bulldog, Pillman, Owen...that it really became something WWE embraced.

HBK was at the height of his first WWE run, and at the height of his personal demons. Triple H was coming in to his own as singles wrestler, and by virtue of his friendship with Michaels, was sowing the seeds to become a force behind the scenes. Hall and Nash, were Hall and Nash.

Now, I'm not sure what you are trying to tie in to your first question, when you ask about the match quality between HBK and British Bulldog. If you're asking if their match quality had anything to do with WWE recognizing BB, Owen and Bret as a 'kliq' the answer is no. HBK, BB, Owen, Bret, they all had great matches with each other, but none of those matches really factored in to The Kliq or Bret's allies in terms of their perception or popularity as units.

i have seen many 5 star matches including Owen Hart or British Bulldog without Shawn Michaels..
Bret & Owen vs The Steiner Bros. WWF Coliseum Home Video 1993
Bret vs Bulldog summerslam92
Bret vs owen WM10
Bret vs owen summerslam 94
Owen vs BullDog finals euro title tournament 97

along with countless british bulldog vs hart foundations matches from 85-87

not sure what exactly you meant because its tuff to understand your post..

but my point is i have seen Both Owen & Davey hit the 5 star mark numerous times ( i prob missed a few too) with out hbk

any1 of u who havent seen Bret & Owen vs Steiner brothers.. OMG w/ JR & Gorilla Monsoon on commentary... U MUST GO WATCH IT NOW.

and if you notice all of those matches you just named have some combination of BB bret and owen in it. my point is that just like the kliq they looked out for each other more than anything. there are a few exceptions but not many.

I'm not sure what you are trying to get at really.

Yes, Owen and Davey Boy were good friends (family) with Bret Hart. Yes they worked together a lot in the mid 90s and traveled together. What else are you saying they have in common with the Kliq?

The reason that Davey Boy doesn't have awesome matches outside of those with Owen, HBK, and Bret is because he wasn't an awesome worker. He was certainly good, but his drug use really limited his ability to be excellent. It was only when in a feud with a worker better than him that he could really shine.

The WWF was full of pretty mediocre wrestlers in the 90s saddled with crappy gimmicks. So if your point is that when working with mediocre wrestlers Owen and Davey Boy didn't have good matches you are right. Groundbreaking stuff.

The reason they are not talked about the same way the "Kliq" is talked about is because the way the maneuvered backstage was totally different. They didn't refuse programs, they didn't bury guys, etc.

Mostly because Bret, Owen and Bulldog weren't sad enough to give their group a name like the Kliq

Oh and also because the Kliq are widely known to be as political minded as Hogan backstage. The Harts never really had that name, and so don't have the same black mark to their name

The Kliq was name was given to them by another wrestler. I think the backstage pull by Bret and company was done moreso in the late 80s and early 90s when their Kliq was Bret, Davey, and Dynamite.

I think as far as match quality Bret, Davey, and Owen only had 5 star matchs with Shawn Michaels because there wasnt many other guys to have 5star matchs with. Take Desil for example: Bret got the best matchs he coud have gotten with Desil but Desil wasnt a guy who could have a 5 star match(Although SuSe 95 came pretty close). You cant expect him to a 5 star match with Issac Yankem and Sid.

Owen was great but couldnt get great matchs out of a not so great oppenet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back