The New Mega Powers

PrinceMarvel

Occasional Pre-Show
Is WWE setting up Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow to form a new Mega Powers?

First, Curtis Axel has his obsession with Axelmania.

Second, on Main Event, Damien Sandow debuted his Macho Mandow gimmick.

Then, in the same night, Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow are attacked by the Ascension which could lead to a face turn for Curtis Axel, and a tag match against the Ascension.

What if Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow and the Ascension actually teamed up?

I've really been thinking about what you are saying about having them forming a stable - I'm not sure how it would get over or how serious they would be taken but I know that it could make for HILARIOUS TV! I am usually against goofy character but anytime people play a version of an old school character it's pretty funny - like in TNA when they had Black Machismo, Ooooooooooh Yeah!!

I think it would be funny for them to play off these 80s wrestling gimmicks - even give them old school music, promos, etc - BUT here is where the change would be......Instead of make them a joke in matches you turn them into Bad Ass winning machines. You make them seem unstoppable by beating nonames & then work their way up to beating Huge names (cleanly) - if you would give them a goody old school feel but make them a genuine threat (build them a lot like the shield) they could be refreshing.

Poor Curtis Axle, who would have thought doing a parody of Hogan would make him interesting. Not to mention he's still in the Royal Rumble, months later.

This could be fun if creative gets behind it and do it right. All four men need a boost, and why not. Not sure the Ascension are the right team, but like I said, they are dying out there, so maybe this is something that will get the fans interested again. Or maybe not. They need to be repackaged as well. The current gimmick is a failure.

I'm not sure how it would get over or how serious they would be taken but I know that it could make for HILARIOUS TV!

Which might be the problem with the whole thing. The guy I'm most interested in among these performers is Damien Sandow and I'd be disappointed if he's to spend the rest of his WWE tenure as a comedy act. After all, he's done it already and it worked, yet I figured that was a program to earn his way out of Stamford Purgatory.....and he succeeded, or so I thought.

The other three I don't care about. To my mind, Curtis Axel was a flop as a single, followed by a flop in a team: trying to combine him with Ryback, Paul Heyman and parodies of Hulk Hogan have left him exactly nowhere.

Then, there's the Ascension, guys who were supposed to become a big thing on the main roster. I'm amazed how poorly they've been received, but looking at their ridiculous physiques forces me to laugh at them rather than take them seriously. When they posture and try to talk tough, they remind me of a 4-year old having a temper tantrum.

In all, combining their acts might be good for Axel and Ascension since they have nowhere to go but up......but as mentioned, I was hoping better things for Sandow now that he's shown he can capture an audience's attention.

A stable of four? What will we call them.....4 Man Band?.....'cause that who it looks as if they'd be replacing.

Just when Sandow fans thought he was going to become more than a comedy act. I like the guy too, don't get me wrong, this is a sideways move if anything. I joked with a friend while watching Raw that they'll probably team Axel and Sandow as Mega Powers instead of launching a new Sandow character. A sideways move is fine, but the angle has no where to go but down.

Hogan and Savage impersonators are a dime a dozen, so there's nothing new here. Ascension becoming a comedy act this early spells doom for them ever being taken seriously. I'd say keep them as heel jobbers for now, they could pick up steam in the future. Comedy time now would essentially give them the Kozlov treatment, they'll be gone in a few years.

Axelmania and Macho Mandow don't need the Ascension, and pairing making the Ascension a comedy act would demolish them. The Demolition and LOD comparisons are lost on a lot of today's young fans.

I think this could work short term and be a good filler match for Payback. You have Axel and Sandow paying homage to two of the greats and The Ascension are kind of a throwback gimmick similar to Demolition and LOD. They could have Mean Gene come back and do some backstage interviews like they did in the Hogan Era.
However I don't want Sandow to become another Jay Leathal where the highlight of his career is impersonating famous wrestlers. I think it could be fun for a few weeks and gives all four superstars something to do. But I hope they have bigger plans for Sandow other than a impersonating comedy act.

If anything, I feel more bad for Sandow right now. He was in a pretty long midcard feud that got strong reactions, only to be demoted into a lowercard feud that usually doesn't even show up on Hulu. The idea is sound, as Axel has more-or-less replaced Sandow as the comedy jobber, but Axel would need to be built up more as a credible threat for it not to screw Sandow over.

I thought they were going to do that when Axel actually put up a pretty good fight against Ambrose, but after that it was just squash after squash.

Is WWE setting up Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow to form a new Mega Powers?

First, Curtis Axel has his obsession with Axelmania.

Second, on Main Event, Damien Sandow debuted his Macho Mandow gimmick.

Then, in the same night, Curtis Axel and Damien Sandow are attacked by the Ascension which could lead to a face turn for Curtis Axel, and a tag match against the Ascension.

What if Curtis Axel, Damien Sandow and the Ascension actually teamed up?

I could see it. WWE could use the depth in the tag team division. The kids and maybe even the older fans would love it.

I just watched the Ascension attack and I guess I can see Sandow and Axel as a team, even though I think it's a major step down for Sandow. I can see why Cesaro would have to be put back into the Tag Team Division after his solo push was botched, but Sandow has just broken free of tag teams. Why throw him back?

It doesn't necessarily have to be a comic act, sure there would be humorous moments but it could be a stable that's paying respect to previous greats. They could even pin it as something similar to the Four Horsemen/Evolution, They could have Curtis and Damien going for the mid-card titles and eventually the heavyweight championship while the Ascension goes after the tag team titles, I'd also find some way to tweak the team so that they are a face team instead of a heel team.

Has wwe actually tried Sandow as a single face/non-comedy?? I know he debuted heel I think.

The guy has decent ring ability and could be a upper mid-card if pushed right..

That would be awesome.

Would love to see that.

Also remember Jay Lethal macho man impersonations, lol it was awesome.

This could be pure gold.

I really loved it last night when they got into it and then united!! What a perfect way to give the ascension something to do and I have to give them credit when due bc I thought it was a good promo.. and Sandow is great. . I think axlemania can go bigger now. . Give me the axlemania bandana and red and yellow bowah and maybe even the oakleys.. I was hoping the whole time that the fans would have gone more crazy for this! But maybe the next town will

I'm all for it. Though it shouldn't be a long term thing. Just something to have some fun for a little while. They need to add a Miss Elizabeth to the group ASAP.

It would be neat if they break up like the original Mega Powers did, but it actually be a serious thing at that point. Though the split looks the same, it's over a real issue.

Long story short, the idea certainly has legs.

I can see Sandow fading into obscurity soon if they don't keep his gimmick fresh, I think by putting him back like he was before which was imitating superstars they're taking a huge risk.

I personal would just rather see Damien Sandow as himself and try new things as him, rather than impersonate other wrestlers.

New Miss Elizabeth that is a great idea Mkick.. I like it.. a diva that could boost both to possibly a higher position on the roster would be Lana.. could you imagine if during the fight with cena if the new mega powers added Lana. . The crowd would freak out with her walking down with them.. or who else? Someone that could stay with sandow forever or hennig forever. . Or maybe it's a good way to introduce a new NXT diva like sasha banks or devin taylor add some more EYE candy to the roster. . People like new yes we hate change unless it's good and for the better. . Give us new

I know she's not currently with WWE, and I don't know if WWE would consider her RAW material if she were, but, how about Brook Hogan in the Miss Elizabeth role, she can take the team to the 'next' level, while having another nod to the original team.

This gimmick is garbage. It would be funny if it was a one-off, but Sandow actually being 'Macho Mandow" is awful.

For gods sake, let him have a re-birth of sorts and bring back his Idol Stevens gimmick from FCW. (Idol Sandow)

It just doesn't make sense. He came out and cut that serious promo with new music and everything and the next week he's Macho Mandow? I think it's funny, although Jay Lethal had a great run doing the macho man stuff.

I love what Curt Axel is doing, just wish he would win more. The whole mega powers thing is a pretty funny throw back but I don't see it lasting very long. Maybe they'll start being a different team each week?

By the way I really really miss the intellectual savior...

I have wondered how they get by with this, as far as the estate
of Savage goes.

Great gimmick if they can keep it going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back