The Most Credible Championship Since The Introduction Of TNA Championships?

Ferbian

Has Returned.
This is a small rip-off of the thread I made in the WWE section, seeing as the current championships haven't been around for very long, I cannot do 10 years back, because of the NWA championships still being sanctioned, but not used within TNA.

So the basics of this thread will focus about the introduction of TNA based championships (TNA World Heavyweight Championship etc.) and which belt you find to be the most credible of the lot.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship: This title was introduced in 2007 with Kurt Angle as the first champion, and is currently held by Rob Van Dam as champion

For the statistics of the championship:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_World_Heavyweight_Champions

TNA Global Championship: This belt was introduced in 2008, with the first champion being Booker T, and the current champion being Rob Terry.

For the statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Global_Championship

TNA World Tag Team Championship: This belt was introduced in 2007 with the Dudley Boys being the first champions (Bubba Ray Dudley and D-Von Dudley) and the belt is currently vacated.

For the statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_World_Tag_Team_Champions

TNA X Division Championship: This belt was introduced in 2002 with the first champion being A.J Styles and the current champion being Doug Williams.

The statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_X_Division_Champions

TNA Women's Knockout Championship: This belt was introduced in 2007 with Gail Kim being the first champion, and the current champion being Madison Rayne.

The statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_Women's_Knockout_Champions

TNA Knockout Tag Team Championship: The belt was introduced in 2009 with Sarita and Taylor Wilde being the first champions, and The Beautiful People (Lacey Von Erich, Velvet Sky & Madison Rayne) being the current champions, defending it under The Freebird Rule.

The statistics:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TNA_Knockout_Tag_Team_Championship

So time to ask some questions.

Which of the above mentioned championships do you feel is the most credible one currently? And why do you think that?

Which championship do you feel has been the most credible one in the past few years of the belts existence (or of last years existence if we're counting the Knockout Tag Team Championship) And why do you think that?

Well if we're going by championship I'm going with X-Division.

It's been the longest championship in TNA (eight years) has had some of the most memorable championship matches because of it, such as Final Resolution 2005 (Chris Sabin, Petey Williams and AJ Styles) as well as perhaps the best match in TNA history, Unbreakable 2005 (Daniels vs Samoa Joe vs AJ Styles) and has produced some of TNA's solid performers such as AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Daniels and more.

I want to say the World title itself...since its arrival..we've had amazing matches that have been to the title...the holders as well..Kurt Angle, Samoa Joe, Sting, AJ Styles...just to mention...and also the last few reigns(Sting, Styles) have been the longest in the history of the championship...

I have to also mention the X division title...I'm actually confused here Ferbs, because the title says TNA championships..and the X Division title became the TNA X Division in 2007 i believe, it was called the NWA-TNA X Division champion...however that being said...I think the X Division isn't what it used to be back in the days..it started going downhill a few years ago...

I have to also mention the X division title...I'm actually confused here Ferbs, because the title says TNA championships..and the X Division title became the TNA X Division in 2007 i believe, it was called the NWA-TNA X Division champion...however that being said...I think the X Division isn't what it used to be back in the days..it started going downhill a few years ago...

That is true, it was known as the NWA X-Division championship, but it was a TNA only championship in terms that NWA didn't take it with them when TNA and NWA parted ways, and is still a sanctioned belt with TNA obviously, therefore the legacy of the belt with TNA goes all the way back to 2002.

To make this a non-spam post, I will say that I think the TNA World Heavyweight Championship is indeed the most credible one of them, it has had some good feuds in the past 3 years time that it has existed, the reigns has been fairly long all of them, without some being thrown around between champions in between the pay per views, but all reigns have lasted at least 2 pay per views.

And just as well there has been a lot of big names holding the belt, A.J Styles, Sting and Kurt Angle, who are all in their own way a great of the business, and will be regarded that way in the future, and the belt gains credibility through that.

everyone knows that nothing in tna is credible

maybe its credible in tna but nowhere else around the world

ROH world title is more credible in the wrestling world than anything in tna

think of it this way,if ric flair won 3 tna world titles you think he be known as a 19 time world champion anywhere else in wrestling? the answer is no he still be known as the 16 time world champ

tna championships mean nothing in the world of wrestling and thats a fact

think of it this way,if ric flair won 3 tna world titles you think he be known as a 19 time world champion anywhere else in wrestling? the answer is no he still be known as the 16 time world champ

tna championships mean nothing in the world of wrestling and that's a fact
That's because WWE doesn't acknowledge anything TNA or ROH related, your intelligence. WWE does actually refer to Gail Kim as a two time Women's Champion. She only had one WWE reign. But may just be Michael Cole being dumb. Anyway, Ferbian, I feel you may have asked the wrong question. When it comes to which belt is most credible, the obvious answer would be the World Title. The be-all-end-all of any professional sport. However if you ask which is the most prestigious would be a bit more precise. But to the point, the TNA World Tag Team Championships. These titles have stayed relevant when all the other titles fall. They are always on PPV and the champions are always in the program. Not to mention TNA has had a very successful tag team division in a time were it basically absent from WWE. Some of the best tag team today compete for these belts and have also provided great storylines. The most important fact is that TNA always keeps them relevant whilst we have stints of success for the other belts. This one is always relevant and the champions are always great.

tna championships mean nothing in the world of wrestling and thats a fact

The WWE section is the one above this one, you should stick to posting in there.

Firstly, WWE doesn't even acknowledge it's a wrestling company, so no I would not expect them to acknowledge anything else in the world unless it happened in their ring. I would however doubt that the TNA title has no credibility elsewhere.. I faintly remember Kurt Angle holding the NJPW (thats another WRESTLING company btw) World Title at the time he was TNA champion and that speaks for itself. NJPW > WWE. deal with it

As for everything else you said, Flair is actually a 22 time Champ. Do your homework before you go on a rant. As far as WWE are concerned, when a wrestler leaves the WWE Universe and because they have a virtual monopoly on 'Sports Entertainment' in the US, nothing that happens else where ever happened. It's like the talent goes into the twilight zone until they resign with the company. Just look at how they do Christian. He was an NWA champion, more prestigious than TNA... not 1 single mention. It's not like he doesn't deserve to be promoted properly, they just don't give a shit. Hell they don't even acknowledge FCW....

dismissed

The WWE section is the one above this one, you should stick to posting in there.

Firstly, WWE doesn't even acknowledge it's a wrestling company, so no I would not expect them to acknowledge anything else in the world unless it happened in their ring. I would however doubt that the TNA title has no credibility elsewhere.. I faintly remember Kurt Angle holding the NJPW (thats another WRESTLING company btw) World Title at the time he was TNA champion and that speaks for itself. NJPW > WWE. deal with it

As for everything else you said, Flair is actually a 22 time Champ. Do your homework before you go on a rant. As far as WWE are concerned, when a wrestler leaves the WWE Universe and because they have a virtual monopoly on 'Sports Entertainment' in the US, nothing that happens else where ever happened. It's like the talent goes into the twilight zone until they resign with the company. Just look at how they do Christian. He was an NWA champion, more prestigious than TNA... not 1 single mention. It's not like he doesn't deserve to be promoted properly, they just don't give a shit. Hell they don't even acknowledge FCW....

dismissed

They've also begun to forget about the ECW Brand. When mentioning John Morrison, they don't talk about his World Heavyweight reign in ECW, the same for CM Punk, Christian (when he confronted Edge on his last show on Smackdown), Matt Hardy, Mark Henry, etc... Is it just me, or does Vince McMahon like to whitewash anything he or his didn't directly produce?

As for the topic, I'd say the X-Division is the most credible, solely for the quality of the wrestlers feuding for the belt and their consistently good matches. I wish we had X-Division Tag Team Belts.

The World title has brought us some great matches with the likes of Kurt Angle, Sting, Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, etc. However, the X Division title is the heart and sole of TNA history, and it's what the company stood for, for so long. TNA may be headed in a different direction, and I'm not saying whether this is a good or bad thing, but it's definitely headed away from the X Division focus.

The X Division is why I started watching TNA, because I thought it was unique, and delivered the best action in professional wrestling. So many guys who are greats in the industry today have held the title, and gone on to become World champions. It has given meaning to so many undercard wrestlers that would not have a place without it. The World title may be the big prestigious belt on TNA Impact, but the X Division title will always mean the most to me.

That's because WWE doesn't acknowledge anything TNA or ROH related, your intelligence. WWE does actually refer to Gail Kim as a two time Women's Champion. She only had one WWE reign. But may just be Michael Cole being dumb. Anyway, Ferbian, I feel you may have asked the wrong question. When it comes to which belt is most credible, the obvious answer would be the World Title. The be-all-end-all of any professional sport. However if you ask which is the most prestigious would be a bit more precise. But to the point, the TNA World Tag Team Championships. These titles have stayed relevant when all the other titles fall. They are always on PPV and the champions are always in the program. Not to mention TNA has had a very successful tag team division in a time were it basically absent from WWE. Some of the best tag team today compete for these belts and have also provided great storylines. The most important fact is that TNA always keeps them relevant whilst we have stints of success for the other belts. This one is always relevant and the champions are always great.

So if the WWE acknowledges it, it gives it crediblity?? Just because TNA can't do shit in the wrestling world. I don't think ROH acknowledges TNA, or TNA acknowledges ROH.

But I will stick the question, the most credible championship since the introduction of the TNA championship?!?!?!.. The answer is.... None, they still haven't established their own identity yet. I mean, RVD was with the company for 3 months and is now the face of the company. The X-division is fun, but that won't get you anywhere major, except Mexico.

The Tag Team division has actually tag teams, but that just doesn't make it credible. So, what makes things Credible. Well, you got have a territory for that. You just can't have a weekly show at one place, and say, were credible because the retired Mick Foley won it in a steel cage match. So, when TNA gets it's own territory, instead of having impact, and an 8 road stop show, i'll give them credibility.

It's a toss-up between the WHC and the X Division title to be quite honest, but if I had to base this off the legacy of the belt, the WHC just doesn't hold the same ground as the X Division title – a belt that absolutely canonized TNA as an organization.

The WHC has had it's fair share of legendary carriers, but it's years away from competing with the lineage of the XDC, IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back