The Matt Hardy Thread: The Good, The Bad & The Tweets

cmedge

The Abdi
Hear me out on this Matt Hardy was one of the most over faces in the WWE. Now most fans hate him because of his Youtube videos and how he carries himself and how he is a "self promoting" man. But I would like to know what your thoughts are of him in the ring and on the mic and if he was a better face worker or a better heel worker. Also I would like to know what was his best year in the WWE and what could have made him a better star and if he should have won the world title and if he was overrated or underrated.

I think Matt Hardy was alright in the ring he was the better wrestler between both Hardy's. I think he was also fairly good on the mic and he played a great face and a better heel. I think his best years were 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2009. If he added more to his gimmick I think it could have improved him and I do think he could have been world title material if he added more to his character and I think he was fairly underrated but he could be overrated at times.

What do you guys think of Matt Hardy? Don't mention anything about how he is backstage and don't mention how he is in his videos.

** MODERATORS NOTE **

Seeing as Matt is generally a magnet for criticisms but also carries a very loyal and very active fan base, I've merged a few of the various Hardy threads into one, just for Matt.

If it has to do with Matt and doesn't really deserve it's own thread (like discussing one of his upcoming matches at a Pay-Per-View, for example [that would go into the PPV section), then it likely belongs here. If you just want to rant about how you think he's fat, or how annoying his videos/tweets are, post it here, please.

Thanks.

— IDR

Matt Hardy deserved more but injuries and the backstage politics keep him back and that forced him to lose his passion for the business and he stop trying, i think when he had all the passion and when he was at his best he deserve a world title, but now he got back his passion as he is in tna and reinvented back himself which is a good thing for him, now he can start over

I honestly have no problem with him being a self promoter because it adds more followers that would want to see him in the ring or wherever he may go to see him. Matt has and always will be an excellent story teller in the ring but due to backstage politics he was never given the chance to shine and win a world title either than the ecw title. Weather you love him or hate him it's what Matt Hardy wants is more viewers to watch him because it only draws publicity and that's what he wants be it controversial or not. The business did kill his passion as it has been with several others wrestlers as of late. The fact of the matter is watch and wait I can almost promise you his run in TNA will be far better than his run in the E.

his videos and antics actually make me like him that much more... It gives him something a lot of characters these days don't have, a personality. The whole thing with Lita was one of the better things i've seen on wwe in a long time. I tuned in just to see what happens with Matt Hardy. His V1 was pretty fun to watch too, but all of that is fun to watch up until he steps into the ring. For all they "hype" his in ring work is just boring to me. He looks so slow in the ring, maybe i never noticed it when he was a hardy boy or i just compare him to jeff, but matt just looks slow in the ring. He seems to be in that middle zone not agile enough to hang with the aerial guys like rey or Rvd (i did not see that last match so if im wrong i apologize) and he's not big enough to match up against the big guys like HHH or Cena.

Wheter it be wrestlers, musicans or footballers. I always try and keep my opinion of the person on their profession, and not on what they do outside of their profession. So my opinion of Matt Hardy hasn't changed much since all of his rants on youtube.

He's good on the mic atleast better than Jeff. And in the ring he's after slowing down a lot. If you asked me this question in 2005, I would have said he's a guy with the potential to become a very good upper midcarder, but since than he has only disapionted.

There’s always been something about Matt Hardy that has rubbed me the wrong way. Unlike most people I didn’t really care for Hardy in 2005. Everyone loved how he came back from being released to feud with Edge and brought his personal life to television. Despite always watching a fantasy show we’re all suckers for a storyline that has a little reality in it. I saw Hardy as a crybaby and a bitter human being who did not know how to carry himself like an adult. We’ve all been dumped before. It happens. Welcome to life. I’m sure that’s why so many people rallied around him in 2005. A lot of people could relate to his situation. Maybe I would have felt some sympathy if he just went about his business and moved on with his life. Instead he had to let everyone know he was the innocent victim and we should all feel sorry for him. The ego is a fragile thing. It’s sad to see how childish grown people can behave when they feel they’ve been embarrassed.

To me Hardy’s best year was in 2000. This is when The Hardy Boys really broke out and were having great tag matches. We didn’t hear much from Matt back then. He let his actions in the ring do the talking. That’s when Matt was at his best.

The absolute definition of average in every possible way. The reason I don't like him is because he has a far too high opinion of himself that is in no way justified, he's self-righteous and he's disrespectful of people with way more talent than he has.
He actually strikes me as identical to the the classic internet mark that he spends all his time talking to.

Matt Hardy is the biggest mark for Matt Hardy.

This is quite obvious in his autobiography and every bitter interview and webcast he does.

His career peeked when he was doing the Mattitude gimmick and his final showdown with Rey Mysterio as Smackdown's Main Event.

Despite Matt Hardy claiming to be some wrestling genius, he forgot the importance of keeping a character fresh. He had the same look for 15 years. The same dirty greasy looking hair. By the time he dumped the giant baggy black pocket jeans he was already irrelevant.

Matt was never able to create a suspension of belief in any of his matches. They were all pretty emtionless. Even his last gasp fued with his brother. I cite: Matt Hardy vs Jeff Hardy at Backlash, as Matt his roped to a table and he is pleading for Jeff to not crash down on him from the ladder. It sounded a robot reading from a teleprompter. "Do not, Jeff. Our father, Jeff. He would not want this, Jeff. I'm a robot. Please. I beg you, Jeff."

I best you can sum of Matt Hardy by saying, he was never compelling.

matt hardy does nothing for. I think he has a terrible move set and bad finisher. hes terribly out of shape. his character his very bland. he has a reputation for risk taking...but he hasnt even doen of move off the top rop in who knows how long. hes too busy doing leg drops off the second rope. that always looks exciting.

hes over with the fans because hes a veteran who is willing to take hits and as a tag team wrestler with his more exciting brother was able to impress and entertain....but that was a very long time ago.

Ahh Matt hardy.. The hardy boyz in general. They had such a good reputation. One of if not the best tag team in the attitude area. Matt hardy had a pretty solid mid card run. It's really not a bad thing to stay as mid carder. Helping younger talents and being the glue of the show is what the mid card is. But now, the YouTube videos, the comments on twitters, the freaking divisions weigh gain. Do we really see Matt hardy as a "high flyer"? Dude he shakes the ring when he hits the ring. And he just looks digusting. A beer belly looking thing. Flabby arms and so stiff in the ring. He could have easily taken an year off work out get fit again and he will have a look and because of his previous achievements he can EASILY get into the main event picture. But what does he do, he gets to TNA as quick as he can puts like an overcoat on an this he is the shit MATTREW I hope you are reading this. You are not cool right now. You and your bro are dragging whatever u cling onto to the ground. Stop hanging out with stupid ass like gregory helms. The guy had the balls to say something bad bout HBK. WTF did u do for wrestling? Think about it reallllllk hard helms. You done thinking bout it? Nothing yet right? That's cause you didn't do shit. Now thing of what hbk did....... Yea exactly everything you wish you did you moron. Val Venus has the right to make fun of ya I mean look at you! Your a white boy going into USA libre lol. TNA dun even want you HA! Matt get a life or a job that doesn't let you have an Internet connection or be on TV PLEASE!

P.s.- Shannon Moore? What's the appeal? I would good money only to see his get his ass kicked. Boy I mean someone agree with me when I say a jackhammer from Goldberg to Moore would be worth it! Lol

I never really liked Matt Hardy. He has the charisma of a boiled potato. "Aww my girlfriend dumped me! I hate you Lita! Edge, you suck and I hate you!" Someone get this emo a razor already! Even when the Hardy's were in their hayday in the WWE, Matt was boring as shit. The people paid to see his brother, "the freak with a different colored hair every week." Mattitude? You were about 5-8 years late for that gimmick. TNA now? No one even gives enough of a shit about Jeff being there, let alone to have you on his coattails trying to leech his nonexistent TNA fame.

Matt Hardy. My feelings about Matt Hardy have hit rock bottom. He is the most egotistical performer I can think of. Even more so than Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Triple H, etc... only because the latter have the careers to back up their talk. Matt Hardy? What does he have? An ECW Title reign? Matt has gone downhill ever since he became a singles wrestler. He is mediocre on the mic at best. He is below average in the ring. He moves slow, is out of shape, has a extremely terrible look in TNA.

I know you said not to mention the youtube videos but Ican't help it. They, IMO, have made him look even more stupid than if he would've just stayed to himself. They are, for the most part, pointless and stupid.

Matt Hardy had potential.

He was never the greatest but if booked right he most certainly could've been a top star, and as much as I don't like him I will admit he got boned. He actually made the ECW title look somewhat legit and I think he was expecting a pretty nice push from it, the problem was he let it get to him.

I know he attributes the whole getting fat thing to his torn abdominal but that's just when it got bad. After he didn't get that push it seems that he kinda gave up trying and just started to take up whining about it, while it may have been unfair all he did was prove everyone who didn't like him right.

And then we get to the videos, they were just weird and crybaby-ish. I was never a Hardy mark in the least, but I did enjoy him for a time and even wanted him to get that push but after I saw those he completely lost me, and now sadly he gets to pollute TNA's airwaves, like it wasn't bad enough with his brother Jeff, Flair, and Hogschoff

Matt Hardy blows. I've never seen such a whiny bitch in all my years as a wrestling fan. Always talking about reinventing himself only to come up with the same lame ass character over and over again. Sure, the whole Edge / Lita angle made for good TV but all that did for Matt Hardy is let the world know that not only is he awful in the ring and on the stick, but apparently he can't get the job done in the sack either.

Well, Matt's obviously the more technically sound of the brothers Hardy. He is a good talker, but it only works as a heel, as he proved in 2009. I do find his attitude equivalent to that of, as Edge would say, "a sixth grader." Without him, Edge v. Matt wouldn't have happened and Lita wouldn't be seen as a ****e. He complains about not getting pushed, but he doesn't have the shape for one(it's been a year. He could have been in better shape by now. Instead, he just works on his arms and obsesses over Lita) His videos make him look silly and prove that he has gone from being one of my childhood heroes to a completely egotistical, compulsive jackwagon.

In my view, Matt Hardy is and always has been an overrated hack. I've heard many complain that Hardy deserved more than what he got or that he wasn't used right, but yet I've never really heard anyone give any solid reasons to back up such claims. He was pushed into high profile feuds with the likes of Edge, Kane and his own brother and he was completely awful. He's always needed to rely on much more talented wrestlers to carry him. He did it while working as a tag team with his brother Jeff and he's needed it while he's worked as a singles wrestler. On his best day, his very best day, Matt Hardy is average.

I've never watched any of his videos and don't really see a need to. I've heard the exact same rants from guys like Hardy for years. It's the same old shit, just given a more modern spin. Matt Hardy, like numerous other wrestlers before him, is a huge mark for himself and believes himself to be a far superior wrestler than he actually is. Any possible shortcomings that he has, he refuses to take any responsibility for and tries to lay it all on the company. I'm not saying that there aren't wrestlers that haven't been used wrong or were better than they were used, but those wrestlers are rare exceptions rather than the rule.

Matt Hardy is mediocre on his own. TNA knows that, which is probably a contributing factor in putting him in a program with his brother. They know that it's probably their best chance at succeeding with him.

Matt Hardy is one of the coolest guys in the business. I had the pleasure of meeting him at an Axxess event and not only was he cool to my son, the guy CALLED him on his birthday. Who does that?..Much less arguably part of the best tag team ever! He had nothing to gain. Him and Jeff sent him a personalized signed autograph too.... Something my 9 year old will never forget. He has great in ring ability and was never given the proper push in the WWE. Everyone at WM26 was hoping he won MITB to get his just dues... He has a lot of moves, and there is even a Youtube video that ranks his top 10 finishers. Nice vid...Also - have you even seen his leg drop on Egde from the top of their Steel cage match a few years back? Freakin sweet!!! I think too many of these other guys are way more full of themselves than Matt...just because he keeps it real and post videos don't say the guy is just there to promote himself. He goes the extra mile with his fans...I dont see Randy Orton, CM Punk, Miz, etc etc relating to their fans in that fashion...maybe THEY are the ones self absorbed and think they are above everything. They are all just men like you and me...He might be past is prime now but nobody gives back more than Matt...and he's had his share of awesome moments in the WWE!!!

He was the better worker of the hardys, i liked jeff, he was the Hardy boys, it confuses me how everyone see's these amazing movesets tho they got big because they did stupid stuff of ladders, most people hadnt seen that yet, and even at that, Jeff did that, and now we know the reason, he was sooo high he didnt care :) Matt did the odd legdrop, but jeff sold the team as a brand, and the E marketed it, Matt rode the coat tails of jeffs fame, he has no moveset, little talent, and whined, got some people to fell sorry for him, but all in all, i didnt mind his whines till he said that HBK should respect him in an interview, since when? what has he done to earn HBKs respect, HBK is Mr Wrestlemaina, dont call someone out when your not even good enf to lace there boots my freind..

Hear me out on this Matt Hardy was one of the most over faces in the WWE. Now most fans hate him because of his Youtube videos and how he carries himself and how he is a "self promoting" man. But I would like to know what your thoughts are of him in the ring and on the mic and if he was a better face worker or a better heel worker. Also I would like to know what was his best year in the WWE and what could have made him a better star and if he should have won the world title and if he was overrated or underrated.

I think Matt Hardy was alright in the ring he was the better wrestler between both Hardy's. I think he was also fairly good on the mic and he played a great face and a better heel. I think his best years were 2003, 2005, 2008 and 2009. If he added more to his gimmick I think it could have improved him and I do think he could have been world title material if he added more to his character and I think he was fairly underrated but he could be overrated at times.

What do you guys think of Matt Hardy? Don't mention anything about how he is backstage and don't mention how he is in his videos.

I think he is/was way overrated, especially by the IWC. He was a good worker and all but really was not WHC material and he never will be. A mid-carder at best in my opinion, and his brother despite all his popularity wasn't much better. I think because of his tenure people thought he deserved to be a world champion, but that really wasn't the case. His best years were back when he teamed with his brother, and a singles wrestler during his mattitude gimmick and when he feuded with edge. He could still be employed with WWE and be making a good paycheck putting younger stars over, but he bought into his own hype and thought he was worth more than he really is, so he's going to TNA, where he'll probably end up being the champion lol.

Matt Hardy. My feelings about Matt Hardy have hit rock bottom. He is the most egotistical performer I can think of. Even more so than Hulk Hogan, The Rock, Triple H, etc... only because the latter have the careers to back up their talk. Matt Hardy? What does he have? An ECW Title reign? Matt has gone downhill ever since he became a singles wrestler. He is mediocre on the mic at best. He is below average in the ring. He moves slow, is out of shape, has a extremely terrible look in TNA.

I know you said not to mention the youtube videos but Ican't help it. They, IMO, have made him look even more stupid than if he would've just stayed to himself. They are, for the most part, pointless and stupid.

Hold on your saying Matt shouldnt be big headed because he just had "A ECW title reign" First off what title in the WWE have you held? Non didnt think so
Second If i won any title in wwe i would be pretty big headed aswell!
Third the dudes had the
ECW Championship (1 time)
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF/World Tag Team Championship
WWE Cruiserweight Championship
WWE Tag Team Championship
WWE United States Championship
Which are/were all major wwe titles and your judging the dude just because he didnt win the big 1.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE WORLD? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WRESTLERS ARE IN THE WORLD? ONLY A SELECT FEW ARE CHOSEN TO HOLD WWE CHAMPIONSHIPS and that my friend makes the belts damn special. So dont look down your nose at someone whos dont more with his life,made more money and got a bigger fan base then you will ever have.
And you say hes out of shape? hes got a big gut atm so what?
His arms and chest are the biggest hes ever been and thats out of shape to you? damn you must have a body like freaking John Morrison and work out 4 hours per day. What you dont? what your out of shape too? no shit. But hold on your not a wrestler are you? thats the excuse you and the other IWC use isnt it? so what do you do? coz i hope your the head boss at your job and have won awards for watever it is you do 9/5 and i guess your making a lot of money since your looking down at people. Ahhh right you not? you dont? shit am shocked.
Show some respect man, Matt Hardy goes threw alot of pain night in night out for us.
Anyways,believe it or not no im not the biggest Hardy fan but like the new Matt Hardy. People say he was his best as V1naaaaa but that was also the time where he was a cruiserweight and being jobbed out to heavyweights. I rewatched Stieners WWE return recently and matt hardy got taken out with ease by Stiener. Now Matts not a cruiserweight anymore and might be the same size as Stiener now muscle wise. Buckle up guys coz i beleive the new Matt Hardy will b the best Matt Hardy.

Hold on your saying Matt shouldnt be big headed because he just had "A ECW title reign" First off what title in the WWE have you held? Non didnt think so
Second If i won any title in wwe i would be pretty big headed aswell!
Third the dudes had the
ECW Championship (1 time)
WCW Tag Team Championship (1 time)
WWF European Championship (1 time)
WWF Hardcore Championship (1 time)
WWF/World Tag Team Championship
WWE Cruiserweight Championship
WWE Tag Team Championship
WWE United States Championship
Which are/were all major wwe titles and your judging the dude just because he didnt win the big 1.
DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE IN THE WORLD? DO YOU KNOW HOW MANY WRESTLERS ARE IN THE WORLD? ONLY A SELECT FEW ARE CHOSEN TO HOLD WWE CHAMPIONSHIPS and that my friend makes the belts damn special. So dont look down your nose at someone whos dont more with his life,made more money and got a bigger fan base then you will ever have.
And you say hes out of shape? hes got a big gut atm so what?
His arms and chest are the biggest hes ever been and thats out of shape to you? damn you must have a body like freaking John Morrison and work out 4 hours per day. What you dont? what your out of shape too? no shit. But hold on your not a wrestler are you? thats the excuse you and the other IWC use isnt it? so what do you do? coz i hope your the head boss at your job and have won awards for watever it is you do 9/5 and i guess your making a lot of money since your looking down at people. Ahhh right you not? you dont? shit am shocked.
Show some respect man, Matt Hardy goes threw alot of pain night in night out for us.
Anyways,believe it or not no im not the biggest Hardy fan but like the new Matt Hardy. People say he was his best as V1naaaaa but that was also the time where he was a cruiserweight and being jobbed out to heavyweights. I rewatched Stieners WWE return recently and matt hardy got taken out with ease by Stiener. Now Matts not a cruiserweight anymore and might be the same size as Stiener now muscle wise. Buckle up guys coz i beleive the new Matt Hardy will b the best Matt Hardy.

God Damn, you sound like an idiot.
He was saying that compared to guys like Hogan, Rock, Flair, what have you; he hasn't done as much but he still talks as big of a game. So in essence he's more egotistical because of that.
Yes of course you would be big headed if you one any WWE Championship, but that's because you're not a wrestler. Once again, he was not comparing Matt Hardy to the rest of the world, just other wrestlers. They are also taking into account that he shit talks better wrestlers them him as to why he is egotistical.
As most people have said he is usually carried by the better wrestler or entertainer during his matches and feuds combine that with hoe long he has been there, of course he's going to win a decent amount of titles, but he never won the big one.
There is so much more that is just plain, wrong, in what you wrote that I really don't have the time to access.

For me, Matt Hardy is decent in the ring and below average on the mic. I see him as being overrated and really I never found him super exciting in the ring. His best years was tagging with Jeff or when he faced Mysterio at Wrestlemania, one of the two.

I don't think Matt's look was what did him in necessarily. I mean, Hogan's "good guy" was always red and yellow and his "nwo bad guy" was always black and white. Superstar Billy Graham was known for tie-dye. You get used to seeing somebody dressed a certain way, with certain entry music. Lita always wore spaghetti strap tank top and baggy pants but for a short while she was coming out in shorts. As nice looking as Lita is, that look didn't fit her and somebody in creative must have agreed as it wasn't too long after that she was back to wearing the baggy pants again. Also, you always knew SCSA was on the way to ringside when you heard the glass break and the heavy metal music start. For a very short time his theme was changed - the glass still broke but the "heavy metal" feel to the music was gone. That, too, was changed back in very short order.

I think Matt did what a few people did and that's call a spade a spade when it comes to the backstage politics. With some people speaking their mind and telling it like it was actually helped their pushes, with others it did them in. Why that worked for some and not for others, who knows.

Matt Hardy is a phenomenal wrestler. His move set is nothing to complain about and he’s good on the mic. He is one of the most over people in the wrestling business. People just want to hate on him because he promotes himself. Well, WWE didn’t do it, so someone had to. I hope the TNA run brings good things for Matt. He is in the best shape of his life. He’s looking like a legit heavyweight. This new look might be able to catapult him to the TNA title.

Matt Hardy is a phenomenal wrestler. His move set is nothing to complain about and he’s good on the mic. He is one of the most over people in the wrestling business. People just want to hate on him because he promotes himself. Well, WWE didn’t do it, so someone had to. I hope the TNA run brings good things for Matt. He is in the best shape of his life. He’s looking like a legit heavyweight. This new look might be able to catapult him to the TNA title.

Dammit, Matt Hardy!!!

Stop signing up for wrestling forums with obvious giveaway names, being the only one who touts your "greatness"

You are not in "the best shape of your life" You look like Tyler Reck's fat cousin.

And of course you'll hold the TNA title, everyone does. I'm sure I've gotten drunk and have won the TNA title.... at least five times.

So pretty much, of course its my opinion. But, I really couldn't care for Matt Hardy from when he started to around 2010. His worst year in WWE made me like him a lot more and now I love him in TNA. Im waiting for someone to say Matt was the Jannetty of the Hardy Boyz! I dont think so but someone gots to say it, i mean we are talking about a tag team, and every tag team has a jannetty right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back