The Man to Finally Beat Rusev

I don't think Ryback should be the one to defeat Rusev. In fact, I think he should be fed to Rusev after a pretty elaborate feud. I see Ryback as midcard material while Rusev...I don't know. I like Rusev, but I have to admit that I don't think he will be very important after his winning streak ends. But I do think more should be built around it. I think he should become the WHC, dominate everyone and then have someone WWE wants to push like Roman Reigns conquer him. Or maybe Ziggler. Or Ambrose. In fact, I'd prefer Ambrose.

I do believe WWE needs to figure out a new way to put heat on Rusev. The Anti-America stuff has grown a little stale. I still think the best way to do it is have Rusev burn the (useless) United States championship, describing it as something not worth wearing around his waste. Then he will have some intense heat.

If the rumors are true about Rusev trading in the US title for the Euro title I think this would be a great fresh change for his character.. Obviously get major heat for disrespectfully getting rid of the us title. Claiming he is the true champion of Europe..then I can see someone like Barrett making his return as a face and claiming to be the real champ of Europe. The battle for the title and Barrett be the one to dethrone Rusev.

If the rumors are true about Rusev trading in the US title for the Euro title I think this would be a great fresh change for his character.. Obviously get major heat for disrespectfully getting rid of the us title. Claiming he is the true champion of Europe..then I can see someone like Barrett making his return as a face and claiming to be the real champ of Europe. The battle for the title and Barrett be the one to dethrone Rusev.

I wouldn't mind this, but I don't know if I like these territorial championships. I think the US and IC belts need to die and they need to develop a new midcard belt that means something. Maybe somehow integrate the NXT belt? Maybe not. I don't know.

I'd be for Barrett toppling Rusev though.

In my opinion,if they want to push rusev,he should lose from a legend like Rock,HHH. if the one who defeats him is from the main roster,then rusev's momentum will be lost at no time. I am sick and tired to seeing Cena winning everyone and if the rumors are real then we will see Cena winning (like last year Bray Wyatt) and tear down any momentum will have been built.

I just don't see Rusev being pushed all the much past this angle -- I truly don't. There's nothing particularly special about him though he fills the role of monster well enough. Rusev's push is really about pushing Lana, who probably will be the next major heel diva, or will be moved up the card and manage someone with a higher profile.

I'd try to save him for when Daniel Bryan returns, hopefully at WrestleMania. Failing that, Ziggler would be a good choice as it will keep him elevated once Reigns inserts himself into the main event picture again. Barrett would be another fine choice if he comes back as a face.

I could see^ point about Daniel Bryan. Maybe beating Rusev and moving onto Lesnar because I feel like that's where this is going.

I don't find Rusev all that entertaining either. If the guy looked Ivan Drago from Rocky 4 we would be in business. Unfortunately he's obese, and has a lackluster move set. Lana will probably be the best that we get out of this angle. Without recent international events this wouldn't have played ball at all. Unfortunately it seems this storyline was drawn out and they just needed their next biggest guy they signed to fill the role.

I really only see Rusev being a good stepping stone for someone else. Long term he doesn't seem like a great investment. I would say someone like Roman Reigns but I see him as an upper mid card flirting with the main event. I don't think Rusev would good for him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back