The Humanization of The Shield

chicagokmc

Getting Noticed By Management
Not another thread on the break up of the Shield. Instead I want to discuss their progress since their arrival to WWE. They spent the good part of their first year beating the main event faces. Not only did they go undefeated against 6-man combinations of Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Big Show, Kane, Bryan and Ryback, most of their wins were clean (no outsiders, no foreign objects) pins. Then, they got gold. BUT IT WAS MID-CARD GOLD! This decreased their action in the main event area and increased their matches against the mid card talent. I forget for the moment who had the first clean pin over a member of the Shield, maybe it was Daniel Bryan. But the point is now you have Ziggler, Uso's and the Rhodes all having pins over the Shield members, none of whom are the go-to guys in the WWE.

Is this how you envisioned the progression of the Shield? All pushes eventually end and I assumed once they got stuck with the mid card belts that they would have to eventually lose to mid card talent because having main eventers wrestle for the US belt and the tag team belts just didn't seem consistent with WWE storylines. But I thought that Cena or Orton or maybe even Ryback (their main victim for awhile) would have had some clean pins over them first.

Thoughts?

They had to slow them down at some point and I thought having them as mid card champions wasn't bad for them but the biggest problem for them is Daniel Bryan. The humanization of the Shield happened when they aligned themselves with HHH and went against Bryan and then week in week out he beat them (mostly by DQ and they were made to look strong with beatdowns but Bryan kept winning). Then the Rhodes brothers returned and beat the Shield. Then the Uso's got a bit of a push and got some wins. But all there problems started with Bryan. Since Summerslam despite lots of matches against him they only have 1 win over Bryan or a team including Bryan and that was as a result of an Orton interference

they were on such a crazy pace that it was starting to become a slap in the face to the fans to believe they were that damn good.

They were also used to really help push bryan, and it worked IMO.

I believe they're teasing the END of the SHIELD and that THE SHIELD will begin looking stronger heading into Wrestlemania season. I'd love to see them face-off with HHH, ORTON, and Batista in an EVOLUTION vs. SHIELD 6-Man tag at WM 30. Then, afterwards they can jump into a multi-PPV feud with the Wyatt Family for the most dominant 3 man team. The longer they keep the SHIELD together and the Wyatt's away from them the better because their 1st encounter should be made to be something of epic proportions.

I get what you're saying about losing to mid-card guys but at the same time I can't help but point out that they've helped a lot of those guys get more over than they ever would have otherwise, most notably The Usos and now Big E. Bryan too now that I think about it, his matches with Rollins have been pretty flattering also

Realistically, they would get easier to beat as guys learn more about them. If you push it too hard, too fast, you have to blow it up quickly (like Nexus and Ryback) and then you're stuck starting from scratch. This is the best way to go. Slow rise with ebs and flows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back