The Human Suplex Machine Vs The Samoan Submission Machine

Which ones better??

• The Human Suplex Machine (Taz)

• The Samoan Submission Machine (Samoa Joe)

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
If you don't know who is who..then I'll tell you...

The Human Suplex Machine
19.jpg

Taz

Vs

The Samoan Submission Machine
samoajoe.jpg

Samoa Joe

Simple question...who is better??

I have to lean closer to Samoa Joe on this one...I'm not taking anything away from Taz, I think he's a beast, but Samoa Joe comaring the matches these 2 can pull off..Joe easily wins it...for a fat guy...Joe can put on some great matches and his matches have been recognised by Wrestling Observer Newsletter awards for 5 star matches...

Which Machine would you pick??

It's gotta be Taz. I remember back in the old ECW before TNN and the national spotlight Taz was maybe the most feared guy in ECW. I would love to see these two go at it when Taz was in his prime and if they did I don't think Joe would last very long

Gonna have to go with Joe for this one...taking nothing away from Taz, but I think Joe's advantage would be his agility.

This would've been an awesome match though!

BTW, Ruthless. It would've been cool if you used one of the Joe pics with the blood stained towel for contrast to Taz's towel =)

Well imo I got to go with Samoa Joe while Taz was great in all. He never really had that match were I personally say wow that was awesome and I had to watch the match again for the 2nd or even third timee. While Joe had couple like both three ways with Aj and Daniels and his match against Angle at Lockdown 2008 and even his match against Kobashi if I spelled that right in Ring of Honor.

Also he is petty agile for a guy his size and is able to do stuff most not all big guy wrestler's can do. But thats just my opinon though.

i dont think i can talk really ive only seen a few of taz's matches but he was badass in wat i seen. ima give the edge to taz but only by a hair think of them in a tag team!!!! chuck norris would have trouble with that team

I'm not sure how accurately I can answer this question, because I've never really seen a whole lot of stuff on Tazz. But from what I have seen, and from what I have heard, I would have to go with Samoa Joe. I think he's currently better than Tazz, and he's got a good career still ahead of him. It's actually a pretty comparable poll, because TNA and ECW have a lot in common, and they have both played a very similar role. But I'm going to have to go with Joe on this one. I think he's got much bigger fan support, and I love watching his matches. I think it's possible that Tazz may have had the better suplex...but I think Joe would actually win in a technical bout.

Samoe Joe was perhaps the better overall wrestler. I can't really say, they seem very much alike in some manner or another. I think it might be the brutality in their looks, as well as both of them are pretty athletic for their size.

However my favorite of the two is Taz. He was brutal during his days in ECW, he was just a great character. Everything about him right down to the entrance screamed intensity and brutality.

Besides it doesn't help that I find Samoa Joe to be absolutely boring, he doesn't do it for me. Congratulations, you're a submission machine, oh well I'm a mark for suplex moves. So of course I'm gonna want to watch Taz. I loved his match against Kurt Angle at the Royal Rumble 2000 where he defeated the cocky undefeated Kurt, which made it just a little bit sweeter.

Samoa Joe looks more imposing and overall is a better wrestler,
However he "had" potential and occasionaly can put on a good match but those days are dwindling and his character sucks atm

Taz was the best Suplex Machine, and was far better on the mic. compared to the shell of a talker he is now.

my vote goes to Taz barely

No disrespect to Joe, but he's quite obviously a Taz tribute through-and-through, so by that alone, Taz is better. Taz' career, unfortunately, was cut well short due to neck injuries – that withstanding, I think Taz goes on to have a far more successful career. This is the man who ended Kurt Angle's unbeaten streak in the WWE, folks – that's no short feat.

I'm voting for Taz on this one.

He also had the Taz-mission don't forget!!

His character in old ECW was total badass!!

I have to go with Taz. First and foremost Taz wrestling in ECW back in the day was amazing. If you never got to see him live, then you have no idea what you're missing. For some reason when people knew Taz was on his way to the ring (War Machine - Kiss Taz, not Gangsta WWF/E Taz) you KNEW something awesome was about to happen. Be it suplexing Sabu through a table, putting Shane Douglas in the Katahajime while Douglas has a busted arm (which again, was sweet seeing live, ftr) or clearing an entire ring full of guys using a different and unique to him suplex. It was a site to behold.

Joe, while currently one of my favorite TNA's stars, doesn't cause the hair on the back of your neck to stand up the way Taz did. Joe's gonna kill you is a nice chant and can help the atmosphere but in all honesty, it just doesn't resonate. I think that's why Joe doesn't use suplexs very often, he knows he cannot emulate Taz in that department.

Taz had that something, that IT factor, that charisma. He was a guy the WWF/E legit didn't have any real idea what to do with because he was ahead of his time, gimmick wise. When he re-injured his neck and the the dirt sheets of the time were reporting that WWE didn't have anything for him... I knew it was over. Once he came out and said he liked being an announcer it was a wrap.

Taz takes Joe in their fantasy match by katahajime.

I going with Taz on this one. While he was short, this was one of those rare times that height wasn't a factor. The guy knew how to decimate opponents no matter what the size just look at his matches with Bam Bam Bigelow. Both he and Joe are very equal when it comes to ring ability but I think Taz seperates himself from Joe on mic work. One reason why Taz is such a good announcer is b/c he knows how to deliver promos and was very excellent when it comes to mic work. He was one of the few ECW guys that knew how to talk.

Taz's career was cut short, but I will have to go with Taz overall as being the better of the two. Taz was feared in ECW and in his brief run in WWE. He choked out the undefeated Kurt Angle in a matter of minutes. He choked Bam Bam Bigelow out and fell through the entrance ramp. He got up and was still able to kick ass. Joe has been a shell of his former self over the past year or so. I think if Taz went up against Joe in his prime, then there would be no question who the winner would be.

No disrespect to Joe, but he's quite obviously a Taz tribute through-and-through, so by that alone, Taz is better. Taz' career, unfortunately, was cut well short due to neck injuries – that withstanding, I think Taz goes on to have a far more successful career. This is the man who ended Kurt Angle's unbeaten streak in the WWE, folks – that's no short feat.

This, folks. Seriously this. I'm not even sure why this is even up for a comparison. Samoa Joe had wonderful matches in Ring of Honor, and quite frankly, that's about it for Joe. I have yet to see a career defining moment for Samoa Joe, or for that matter, I doubt we've seen the absolute best from him. Taz, on the other hand, was the most dominant force in wrestling from 1997 to 1998. Yes, he was even more dominant than Goldberg, and I mean that with my heart and soul. Taz was a beastly motherfucker, and while Joe is good, he isn't as strong as Taz, he isn't as vicious as Taz, and he certainly doesn't wrestle a better match than Taz.

This has to be Taz, in a blowout

With All respect to Joe- If you were a fan of Old school ECW like I was, Taz was THE man. Taz has it hands down, but Joe is a hell of a pick to compare with him. Joe's got to step up his game a little if he wants to compare to that.

Joe is the better overall wrestler and is a little more athletic I think... But Taz has the edge when it comes to the choke... The Tazmission definetly takes it... Also, Taz has the edge at the suplexes!

But if I was to take one or the other for my company, I would choose Joe.

I've pretty much seen all of Taz matches since he dropped the Tazmanian Devil gimmick and shaved his head. I can say without a doubt Taz was the better wrestler. I have lots of love for Samoa Joe but when I first saw him and even now all I see someone who obviously loves Taz as much as I do. It's a hard choice actually, because for all what Joe can do at his size it goes to show you just how insanely skilled he is, and how much better he could be if he slimmed down or went full Taz. Taz was Kurt Angle before Angle was. He was legit and if there was no RVD I think more people would have noticed he was the complete package and not just someone who threw like 20 different types of suplexes every match

Ok, I know this won't be the most popular opinion but Taz was severly overrated. Yes his suplexes were vicious and he had a great look but that was about it. Most of his matches lasted 2 minutes as he squashed everyone on the roster and very few of his long matches were classics. Paul Heyman did a great job booking Taz to look indestructable but his weaknesses showed when he was booked into actually competitive matches. His selling often bordered on laughable and aside from his suplexes and the Tazmission most of his offense was mediocre at best.

Samoa Joe on the other hand has had countless 5 star matches both in ROH and TNA. Yes Joe was booked into lots of sqush matches as well and yes lately he has lost several steps but at his best everything he did looked deadly. Joe moves better in the ring, has a much fuller move set, and does a better job of selling for his oppenents.

The only area where I would say Taz is a hands down winner is in promos and his were far better than Joes but aside from that this goes to Samoa Joe no contest.

This is somewhat tough, Taz had some of the best matches ever during his tenure in ECW and were it not for the rather unfortunate ending to his in-ring career, I have the feeling he may have scored a world title run (probably a pity run like Mysterio, but a run nonetheless). That being said Samoa Joe has had 4 matches that set the bar for me as far as quality wrestling goes, his 2 1-hour draws with CM Punk in ROH and The triple threat at Unbreakable and the follow up triple threat last year, against Christopher Daniels and AJ Styles.

So for me it's Joe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back